User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Mar 2008, 05:52   #1
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point
Fleet Size?

This has probably been discussed, I tried searching but was unable to find what I was after. I have not played the last 10 rounds, I've had a long break. When I last played fleets were no where near the size they are now, aka the cost of ships has been lowered at some stage to allow production of bigger fleets.

Now what was the cause of this? And I'm I the only one that believes half of million FR is a bit excessive?
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 06:00   #2
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Fleet Size?

Half a million Fr is a small fleet. The best xans would have 3 times that or more. Essentially ships are 10 times cheaper than they used to be so people have 10 times as many. It's just aesthetics really; bigger fleet battles, more drama, etc.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 08:47   #3
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

perhaps its for that select few who remember scores in the billions not millions?
seriously, scores of 100 mil plus were not so uncommon, now 10mil plus is rare so is there really a difference?
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 12:10   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7n
When I last played fleets were no where near the size they are now, aka the cost of ships has been lowered at some stage to allow production of bigger fleets.

Now what was the cause of this? And I'm I the only one that believes half of million FR is a bit excessive?
A few rounds back PA team made every ship 10 times as cheap.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 13:30   #5
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
A few rounds back PA team made every ship 10 times as cheap.
Were people generally happy with the change? I don't know maybe because I'm not use to the fact that I have 10x more ships in my fleet.
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 17:20   #6
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7n
This has probably been discussed, I tried searching but was unable to find what I was after. I have not played the last 10 rounds, I've had a long break. When I last played fleets were no where near the size they are now, aka the cost of ships has been lowered at some stage to allow production of bigger fleets.

For the record the increase in fleet size is entirely my doing. The reason I did it was because the PA team shortened the length of the rounds from 10 weeks to 7 week and I wanted people to still be able to have large fleets as I remember the glory days back when plays had value's in the hundreds of millions and millions and millions of ships. Where you would have battle reports with 10s of millions of ships and stuff like that.

There were some who objected when it happened but as of late I haven't seen many objections. Most have just adjusted and moved on as far as I can tell. From a psychological perspective having more ships seems to make people feel better about their fleets, even if in relative terms they still suck.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 17:24   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
PA team shortened the length of the rounds from 10 weeks to 7 week
This has been so gay I find myself in pain over it sometimes.
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 20:06   #8
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
For the record the increase in fleet size is entirely my doing. The reason I did it was because the PA team shortened the length of the rounds from 10 weeks to 7 week and I wanted people to still be able to have large fleets as I remember the glory days back when plays had value's in the hundreds of millions and millions and millions of ships. Where you would have battle reports with 10s of millions of ships and stuff like that.

There were some who objected when it happened but as of late I haven't seen many objections. Most have just adjusted and moved on as far as I can tell. From a psychological perspective having more ships seems to make people feel better about their fleets, even if in relative terms they still suck.
My epenis is 10 times as long, so thanks Also s7n, you really only played havoc which artificially injects ~300mil resources to every planet plus a much larger roid income. During the normal round it isn't as noticeable, and midway through next round you won't even notice yourself.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote