User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 Feb 2009, 18:39   #1
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
2:9

Asc: You know you wanna win.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 18:41   #2
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: 2:9

what
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 18:48   #3
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

i think he wants you to forget omen for a night and hit 2:9
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 19:08   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You want your galaxy to win, do it yourself.
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 19:46   #5
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Regardless of who i do/dont wanna win, they way i see it, at some point, Asc have to make a move. Surely CT will feel more than comfotable to sit on a 10-15% roid advantage, avoiding any escalation of hostilities, in order to strengthen their chances of #1. No doubt Asc harbour aspirations for a 3peat, and at some point theyre gonna have to put something on the table. With Omen declaring war on Asc preticks, and undoubtedly ND wanting someone other than Asc to win the round (themselves perhaps?), in order to avoid Asc winning 3 in a row, for the first time in quite a while, it appears at some point Asc will have to do their own dirty work.

I believe Asc are definately more than capable of manipulating politics to an extent that theyll be on the winning side of any further block activities, and im not saying it its not possible, but i believe that this time around, Asc wont have the majority of PA community behind it.

I believe if Asc want to win the round, they have to go it alone at some point, be it by attacking a roid fat CT late round, or attacking a target such as 2:9 which at first glance appears to have a substantial amount of score giving potential. 10/16 Emp planets is a juicy proposition indeed.

All individual aspirations aside, we all know at some point this war has to end, CT/Asc have gained as much advantage over Omen as they could reasonably hope to get, now at some point, the next phase must begin. In my opinion, the next step would be to take some of the excess roids from 2:9, hence my post.

Perhaps you disagree, either way, Im simply put my thoughts out there wondering what the rest of u think the upcoming days might hold.

Thoughts?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 14 Feb 2009 at 19:52.
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 20:55   #6
Rainchild

Rainchild is an unknown quantity at this point

/me pleads the fifth
Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 22:12   #7
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm starting to dislike you less and less Junglemuffin.

Problem I forsee with Ascendancy/Omen/CT hitting that fat gal (because all of them want to. It's true) is that they don't want to take the pressure off each other. Omen aren't dead, they still have planets over 1k roids. They still have a 4 mil lead over Ascendancy (it was 5 mil a week ago) and an 8k roid lead so leaving them alone would be a mistake. I don't even know whether Omen and Vgn (you seem to forget them, they're what? 3 mil off the "big bad" alliance going for a triple?) are targetting Ascendancy or CT, it looks a little like both, taking the focus off them just isn't going to help.
Although at the rate they're going, Wishmaster is soon going to run out of planets to replace all the crashers with in the tag and Omen may start slipping...

But yes 2:9 are very fat and untouched. As are 9:1 who have collectively lost 696 roids this round, which is fewer than me, and a load of others...
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 23:50   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If the round continues as it has so far (and I see no reason why it wouldn't), we'll see CT, Omen, Ascendancy in the top 3, in that order. Interestingly, this is what I posted before the beginning of the round:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
My prediction:
1 CT
2 Asc
3 Omen
Neither Omen nor Ascendancy are showing any signs of cracking under the pressure. This has partly to do with the less hardcore attitude of the community in general (although this is debatable), and partly with the setup of PAX; it simply isn't as easy to destroy your opponent any more.

The problem both alliances are facing is that as soon as either one diverts attention from the other, they lose. Let me sketch a few scenarios:
1. Ascendancy keeps hitting Omen, Omen keeps hitting Ascendancy, CT hits whichever side is winning. Result: neither Omen nor Ascendancy will be able to kill off their opponent, and CT cruises to an easy victory.
2. Ascendancy keeps hitting Omen, Omen diverts attention to CT. Result: Omen destroys CT, Ascendancy destroys Omen, Ascendancy wins.
3. Omen keeps hitting Ascendancy, Ascendancy diverts attention to CT. Result: Ascendancy destroys CT, Omen destroys Ascendancy, Omen wins.
4. Ascendancy keeps hitting Omen, Omen keeps hitting Ascendancy. Someone else takes down CT. Result: CT is forced to focus their attention elsewhere, removing the balancing factor in the war between Omen and Ascendancy. One of them wins.

It's a lot like noughts and crosses; we can prevent our opponent from winning when we play flawlessly, but our actions can never result in victory, unless our main opponent makes a mistake. In all these scenarios, it's what the other guys do that determines if we can achieve victory. As for the notion that ND would be capable of winning... it's pretty entertaining.

To reply to the OP: no one cares about 2:9. Maybe if the war ends sooner than I expect it to (i.e. before the last tick), then Ascendancy, Omen or CT can go after them, but there is really no point in focusing attention on them before one side has achieved a clear victory (which as I explained above, will probably not happen).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 01:15   #9
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I presume 2:9 has pnaps with Asc/CT/Omen
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 01:25   #10
_Kila_
break it down!

Ascendancy don't hand out pnaps
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 02:32   #11
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

mz is quite correct in his assessment of the current situation. The logical conclusion of which is that, barring the collapse of Omen, CT will win the round. The rogue factor in this equation, ND, have managed to recruit to a level whereby if they can beat CT by themselves they can win a close 4 way battle. Of course this assumes that Omen survives to keep Ascendancy at bay, which is by no means a certainty and, in all reality, become less likely with every day that CT is allowed to stretch away. This puts ND in a time sensitive position and I'm not convinced their leadership is prepared to make the leap of faith necessary to try for glory.

Were it any 2 alliances other than Omen and Asc warring it out the possibility of a ceasefire to take down CT would exist. But it doesn't and so it seems ND will have an inordinate say in how the round finishes. It's pretty interesting to say the least.

As for 2:9, who gives a ****?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 02:37   #12
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Its a real shame this thread has a top of "2:9" because, like mz put it, no one cares about them, which is very true, they got some roids, dont get me wrong. However Why would Omen or Asc go full force(would have to send alot) at the moment to hit them, i dont see your logic JM, i dont know, nor care what gal your in but i think you are being a faggot as usual. However is xVx/ROCK/ASS etc want to gangbang 2 9, well then

But its quite obvious they will be beaton in the end... quite easily i should imagine, isnt ChronoX ingal?

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 02:52   #13
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
2. Ascendancy keeps hitting Omen, Omen diverts attention to CT. Result: Omen destroys CT, Ascendancy destroys Omen, Ascendancy wins.
3. Omen keeps hitting Ascendancy, Ascendancy diverts attention to CT. Result: Ascendancy destroys CT, Omen destroys Ascendancy, Omen wins.
I think whichever side diverts attention to CT will not destroy CT before they are destroyed by the other, but then that other will be able to finish off CT so end result is the same!

Quote:
4. Ascendancy keeps hitting Omen, Omen keeps hitting Ascendancy. Someone else takes down CT. Result: CT is forced to focus their attention elsewhere, removing the balancing factor in the war between Omen and Ascendancy. One of them wins.
As for the notion that ND would be capable of winning... it's pretty entertaining.
Perhaps ND can be the ones to distract CT? Or perhaps ND or Vgn could be persuaded to take Omen/Asc's side and unbalance the war.

There are many ways that this can play out, and the suggestion that there will not be some interference is highly unlikely in my opinion. I think it's fairly likely that something will affect the balance and there will be a victor at some point before the end of the round.

What is certain though, is that 2.9 are of absolutely no importance at the moment, and can be left to be dealt with till after the war.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 03:25   #14
[JungleMuffin]

I disagree. If Asc want to continue playing roid swap with Omen, theyre not going the be making any headway whatsoever into CT's roid lead. Essentially, i see it as cutting off your nose to spite your face. Theyre slowly bringing themselves closer to Omen whilst letting CT slip further ahead.

Based on the relationship CT/Asc/Omen have its unlikely that Asc are gonna hit CT any time soon, and id be somewhat surprised if Omen declared war on Asc, then proceeded to help them take out CT.

I believe this leaves Asc in a position of needing to play catchup roid wise with CT, while not being able to attack them (for the time being.) The first logical step would be be to hit a target which could provide them with the roids/score, hence the name of this thread. Like it or not, there arent many ways an ally can get itself back on level terms while at war, i see 2:9 as one of them.

Of course, there is always the ND route for Asc to take, but as we saw in mz's post, certain members of Asc see the concept of ND being able to contend with CT/Omen/Asc for the win, "pretty entertaining." Perhaps Asc wouldnt want to work with an ally, some of them consider to be inferior?
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 03:41   #15
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Essentially, i see it as cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Dude, **** you and that mangy mule you're riding around on. Personally speaking, as long Ascendancy finishes above Omen this round I'll be happy enough. I sincerely doubt I'm alone in that. Of course, we'll play the best game we can but, ultimately, external circumstances will dictate whether or not we win the round. Simply put, the members in Ascendancy get to decide whether or not Omen can win the round and the members of Omen get to decide if Ascendancy wins the round. Unless one quits neither can win. Which probably won't happen and/or won't happen soon enough. Also, 2:9 has absolutely nothing to do with anything, stop being dense.
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 03:54   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The first logical step would be be to hit a target which could provide them with the roids/score, hence the name of this thread. Like it or not, there arent many ways an ally can get itself back on level terms while at war, i see 2:9 as one of them
Yeah. Because if you think about it that's where the Allies went wrong in World War Two. Clearly what they should have done was invade Portugal.
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 04:02   #17
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Portugal is seriously fat man. **** all value.
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 04:54   #18
[JungleMuffin]

Wow, alot if action from the Asc forums brigade...... "Quick boys, we better nip this one in the bud."

So i take it that Asc dont agree, perhaps for reasons not discussed. Id like to think that Asc really are awfull enough to be happy with finishing 2nd, as long as they take out Omen, but for some reason, perhaps that Asc ego, i just cant believe it.

Anyone else other than Asc wish to respond?
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 05:56   #19
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
I think whichever side diverts attention to CT will not destroy CT before they are destroyed by the other, but then that other will be able to finish off CT so end result is the same!
I am of the opinion that if Omen where out of the picture, Asc would back themselves in to chase down CT 1 on 1 for the win. I do not believe that Omen (or CT's view of Omen for that matter) would be as confident with this situation. With Asc having a possible 8 planets left to add to tag and only a 5.5k rock deficit to Omen ( which could easily be bridged if 8 mid round sign ups had between 500-1k roids, more so when considering Asc's previous record of highly contributive mid round signups, ) not to mention a lions share of the PA elite, i now see Asc as being in the box seat for a challenge to CT's lead.

I believe CT joined this round, seeing Asc as their main challenger for a round victory, this is based on teaming with Omen for the first few hundred ticks in taking out Asc. If CT saw Omen as their main rival, i believe it would be vice versa. If the current climate continues, sooner rather than later itll become clearer that Asc is still their main rival. I wonder, will CT continue to play 2nd fiddle to Asc, as has happened previously, will they focus their efforts elsewhere with regards to war, or will they hope to stay out of trouble long enough to win the round?

In my opinion, this is a round that has to be taken, not given, as has happened previously.

With regards to several Asc members claiming they dont think they will win/would be happy with Asc coming 2nd as long as they beat Omen, i dont believe, for one second, believe a word of this. Two characteristics that have seperated Asc from the rest of of the pack for the past few rounds has been their self belief and will to win, its highly unlikely that these traits have escaped them, now that a ground breaking 3peat is a possibility. I think this could be Asc members playing down their chances/aspirations for another round victory, (kinda lay low untill the end, like that guy from saw, then pop up and walk out the door ).

JBG, being an intelligent and charismatic PA leader, could you perhaps put forward some more constructive/less sarcastic comments/arguments? Undoubtedly you are a far more knowledgable than myself when it comes to the majority of this game, perhaps youd like to share your opinion, or not?

Thankyou mz for expressing yourself clearly and intelligently. It is refreshing to have a well structured reply in this thread.
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 09:08   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I disagree. If Asc want to continue playing roid swap with Omen, theyre not going the be making any headway whatsoever into CT's roid lead. Essentially, i see it as cutting off your nose to spite your face. Theyre slowly bringing themselves closer to Omen whilst letting CT slip further ahead.

Based on the relationship CT/Asc/Omen have its unlikely that Asc are gonna hit CT any time soon, and id be somewhat surprised if Omen declared war on Asc, then proceeded to help them take out CT.

I believe this leaves Asc in a position of needing to play catchup roid wise with CT, while not being able to attack them (for the time being.)
I believe you just repeated what I said.

Quote:
The first logical step would be be to hit a target which could provide them with the roids/score, hence the name of this thread. Like it or not, there arent many ways an ally can get itself back on level terms while at war, i see 2:9 as one of them.
Wrong, roids are meaningless, as JBG and Achi and ellonweb and CBA and me tried to explain earlier.

Quote:
Of course, there is always the ND route for Asc to take, but as we saw in mz's post, certain members of Asc see the concept of ND being able to contend with CT/Omen/Asc for the win, "pretty entertaining." Perhaps Asc wouldnt want to work with an ally, some of them consider to be inferior?
I think the concept of ROCK competing for the win is pretty entertaining, but we work with them too.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 17 Feb 2009 at 18:02.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 15:14   #21
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Damn can someone explain whats going on now?? i cant be bothered reading JM's post, especially now that he decided to wrtie more then his avg 2 sentences...

Unread 15 Feb 2009, 16:54   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Really this is going to boil down to an ND vs CT, because Omen have superiority in numbers and Ascendancy seem to be holding pretty firm. It's just a question of who cracks first, but I don't expect that to be for some time, unless there's something about Omen that I don't know about. Omen can't really afford to stop hitting us at the moment unless it gets to the point where they think we're about to overrun them, in which case they have lost regardless. The question is what political cards ND and CT are going to have by the end of the round.

So really I think this focus on Ascendancy is somewhat misplaced.
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 17:50   #23
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Wow, alot if action from the Asc forums brigade...... "Quick boys, we better nip this one in the bud."
Rainchild, Light and CBA all posted in this thread too!
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 22:03   #24
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Rainchild, Light and CBA all posted in this thread too!
Idiot, im part of the Ascendancy forums team

Unread 16 Feb 2009, 00:14   #25
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

who the fk gives a toss about a fenced to the max galaxy? This is ally wars not gal wars. Hitting random galaxies does not win you a war, hitting your opponent does....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 00:23   #26
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

i think the whole uni shd defend 2:9

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 08:30   #27
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully, if the war ends, 2 9 could be used as an experiment of how much a top gal could get owned in 1-2 days
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 08:48   #28
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Hopefully, if the war ends, 2 9 could be used as an experiment of how much a top gal could get owned in 1-2 days
experiment? im sure we have seen it before and im sure we will see it again, the fat gal will always get smashed

Unread 16 Feb 2009, 09:00   #29
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

It doesnt happen every time though, r24 and r29 as examples.

And bringing down a well fenced and superfat gal is one of the more enjoyable experiences this game has to offer.
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 09:04   #30
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Would of been more fun if it was your fence gal isil.

Oh wait you cant even do that properly
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 09:06   #31
CBA
Mind-boggling

In r29 im sure all the fat galaxys got smashed, admittidely when Ascendancy dominated, there gal grew but before that it got taken down??

Unread 16 Feb 2009, 09:11   #32
isildurx

Bitter are we Benneh?
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 09:56   #33
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

I doubt 2:9 will be brought down.

the question is: the creation of these fencing galaxies - Is it the fault of the players for seeking them, or the fault of the alliances for their policy on not hitting the galaxies?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 12:39   #34
isildurx

Definitively the latter imo
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 12:40   #35
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post

the question is: the creation of these fencing galaxies - Is it the fault of the players for seeking them, or the fault of the alliances for their policy on not hitting the galaxies?
Im willing to make a bet that by Sunday night, 2 9 would of been raiding by a couple allys and will on one night, lose 25% of their roids or more.

Unread 16 Feb 2009, 13:02   #36
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Considering a multitude of people have posted to the contrary, backing up their opinions with their reasoning and logic behind their statement, would you care to do the same?
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 14:09   #37
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Considering a multitude of people have posted to the contrary, backing up their opinions with their reasoning and logic behind their statement, would you care to do the same?
i believe that the top galaxy contains a very diverse mix of alliances, and as said above, these alliances have a policy of not hitting their own member galaxies. This is for many reasons (issues caused because of it, chance that said players will defect to their opponents who they feel will not hit their galaxy)

this essentially leaves it down to a limited number of alliances. A significant number of these are incapable of taking down the top galaxy. Those that are capable of bringing down the top galaxy are currently preoccupied fighting a war, and i believe that the war shows no signs of stopping yet and by the time the attention does get focussed on 2:9 it will be too little too late.

that good enough for you ellonweb? :P

Unread 16 Feb 2009, 14:24   #38
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
i believe that the top galaxy contains a very diverse mix of alliances, and as said above, these alliances have a policy of not hitting their own member galaxies. This is for many reasons (issues caused because of it, chance that said players will defect to their opponents who they feel will not hit their galaxy)
I'd like to disagre, all you need a is number two galaxy wanting to win with good enough connections.
Or some bored half-nut player.
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 15:26   #39
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziw View Post
I'd like to disagre, all you need a is number two galaxy wanting to win with good enough connections.
Or some bored half-nut player.
are you going to fill this role ziw?

Unread 16 Feb 2009, 16:12   #40
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
who the fk gives a toss about a fenced to the max galaxy? This is ally wars not gal wars. Hitting random galaxies does not win you a war, hitting your opponent does....
Without intending to be provocative, as i feel it is a genuine question, but what if ur oponents are in said galaxy?

Not sure how many and what allies are in that gal, but ive seen Asc/Omen/CT hitting gals with only 2 of the enemy in gal, why not this one also?
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 16:48   #41
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Bitter are we Benneh?
whats to be bitter about?

Your planet blows man
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 17:27   #42
isildurx

Bigger than yours!
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 17:39   #43
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

it's only a matter of time before both 2:9 and 9:1 get hit
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 19:25   #44
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
it's only a matter of time before both 2:9 and 9:1 get hit
Details?

Unread 17 Feb 2009, 00:40   #45
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

I already roided 2:9 yesterday

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 04:25   #46
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Omen haven't even launched on them yet and 1 planet has already fled to c.200
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 05:22   #47
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yes, what happened there Bofredo?

Oh and The_Seal and Dworak are neatly sharing the first 500 roids there.
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 05:58   #48
isildurx

Haha why do such people even bother to sign up. Did he not see last round that exiling to c200 is not the way to go.
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 07:27   #49
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I am more shocked about Ronin giving Omen the win over CT.

I mean with such overcoverage for his shit late signup planet, there really is no hope.
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 09:15   #50
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Details?
common sense and as already said it the thread the main ally's are busy at war once thats out of the way those gals will get hit
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote