User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Oct 2008, 14:39   #1
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Breakin the Rules ?

There is a Rumour a certain Alliance has recruited way more members then 75 (numbers cruising beetween 100 and 120) and are planning to tag the 75 best up in original tag and the rest in another one.

Now is this breakin the rules ? Or just heavily bending em ? Do u think its the way to go or hate it ? What could be done to prevent something like this to happen ?

I personally think Alliances should be forced to tag up by tick0; aka every tick not beeing in the Alliance is lost score for the Alliance (just like wearing a diffrent tag).

Opinions?

EDITED!
Ok guys, i want to point out that this is not meant to flame a single Alliance, i am pretty sure this concept has been used before and will be used in the future. This Thread is to gather Opinions about what can be done to prevent something like this. Yes it probably would have been placed better in Suggestions, but i thought its an Alliance issue more like a Coding one, though ofc in the end the gamecode would have to care for its absence.

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"

Last edited by M0RPH3US; 28 Oct 2008 at 15:56.
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 14:54   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Breakin the Rules ?

Bash them to hell, whole uni gangbang ftw
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 15:04   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Specifics.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 15:13   #4
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Wouldn't that play into asc's hands isildurx, now i wonder (sarcasm) where these rumours came from and who they are directed at, lol. Poor propaganda attempt guys, M0RPH3US you should know better than to listen to rumours.

On the actual suggestion, i like it, full tags from tick start would be great, but then what about new people joining and leaving the tag. Tag score should be accumulative imo (shouldnt be lost if a planet leaves either) and the leave/rejoin period lowered to 24 hours.
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 15:16   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Id say it would play into every other alliances hands except ofcourse the alliance that thinks it needs 100+ members to accomplish their goals this round. Im seriously impressed if a alliance has found 120 people to join them, thats like 20% of the semi-active playerbase.
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 15:22   #6
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

It was more.. float out a completely unfounded rumour Denial has 120 members so everyone targets them (because thats pretty much all u have to do to influence PA politics nowadays) taking the focus off of your alliance that of course AGAIN "isnt playing properly".
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 15:59   #7
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
It was more.. float out a completely unfounded rumour Denial has 120 members so everyone targets them (because thats pretty much all u have to do to influence PA politics nowadays) taking the focus off of your alliance that of course AGAIN "isnt playing properly".
We had it in pm, and i apologize, it was never meant to blame Denial. Its a Rumour, and its a Rumour also it has been used before (not by Denial). My Thread is meant to look at possible Solutions for this.

Note: Edited the orginial Post

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 17:37   #8
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

well im pretty sure noone got 120 members this round, and from my short, yet lovely stay with venox etc pretick, i atleast saw nothing to make me even think they are close to 120 members... or 100 for that mather.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 17:41   #9
isildurx

Hey you got the bottom line in your sig spelled incorectly Foxman, dog is spelled d o g not g o d.
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 17:42   #10
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
It was more.. float out a completely unfounded rumour Denial has 120 members so everyone targets them (because thats pretty much all u have to do to influence PA politics nowadays)
Way to patronise every other HC in the game, all at once. It's truly a wonder you guys don't have more friends.

That said, this topic is extremely weak. I'm doubt even teenage girls feel the need to play Chinese Whispers with every uninteresting tidbit that appears on irc.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 18:33   #11
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
i have read the thread, and read it again and i see no mention of the alliance being denial. Guilty conscience? the lady doth protest too much VenoX

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 18:43   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In answer to the questions posed in the OP, nothing should be done to prevent this. If an alliance has managed to recruit 120 members, good for them. If they can keep it together, all the better. If they win, then the rest of us didn't work hard enough.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 18:49   #13
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
i have read the thread, and read it again and i see no mention of the alliance being denial. Guilty conscience? the lady doth protest too much VenoX
[18:20:25] <xxxx> Reese, you know ppl are saying denial has 150 members

I put one and two together, since Morph was being too diplomatic to name names. Its not exactly rocket science though for anyone who has any clue whats going on in PA (u dont btw, if u missed that veiled insult), that Denial are the only alliance (this round) likely to be able to recruit those sorts of numbers.

Morph confirmed:

[14:26:12] <M0|afk> i think its a common strategy tbh, thats why i never named anyone, i think ASC used it in the past, i think u guys use it this round

fyi. (sorry morph for using our logs)
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 18:56   #14
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Seriously VenoX why do you even attempt to justify / explain yourselves. Tell them to piss off and concentrate on themselves!
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 18:58   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ascendancy have never actually used this as a strategy in any real sense of the word. Tag limits are for jerks though so I've never been keen on actually stopping recruitment.

Quote:
We are playing properly. And we're playing for #1. Same as we always do.
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 21:17   #16
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
In answer to the questions posed in the OP, nothing should be done to prevent this. If an alliance has managed to recruit 120 members, good for them. If they can keep it together, all the better. If they win, then the rest of us didn't work hard enough.
Agree with mz, as long they can manage to stick to the rules with two tags i dont see the problem, when everyone is allowed to do so.

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 21:24   #17
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

It's clearly ass that have recruited the 120 members

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 21:32   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelle View Post
Agree with mz, as long they can manage to stick to the rules with two tags i dont see the problem, when everyone is allowed to do so.
I don't actually care about that particular rule. Break it often, break it well. Maybe the idiocy that is the support planet rule will then finally die a painful death.
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 21:37   #19
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I don't actually care about that particular rule. Break it often, break it well. Maybe the idiocy that is the support planet rule will then finally die a painful death.
oh well

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2008, 23:46   #20
vex`

vex` can only hope to improve

it makes no difference, you get 300 inc or 800 inc a nite.
if you play the game well, you win anyways. you all should have in mind that you are playing against the whole universe and must recruit wisely. it comes down at to experience endurance of HCing/BCing/DCing and awesome, intelligent, hardcore players ... limits, sure, why not... score gain/loss keep the score... bye bye slackers!
Unread 29 Oct 2008, 02:35   #21
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

all good fun having two groups -

having to watch where all go on attack if those groups are not implementing alliance organised only attacking..

and of course defending each other, not having the -1 for all members, and getting caught by the support rules on defending out of tag alliance members, losing out on the score of the bigger members in the 2nd smaller group beacuse if they transfer accross they only bring with them the score they accrue whilst out of tag !

(as both cant see where the others are and dont have the automatic you cant attack this planet, and if its not strictly adhered to , how much friendly fire there will be because people havent checked their target of attack or defence against)

seriously - is it worth it ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2008, 10:12   #22
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
(as both cant see where the others are and dont have the automatic you cant attack this planet, and if its not strictly adhered to , how much friendly fire there will be because people havent checked their target of attack or defence against)

seriously - is it worth it ?
Thats why people have tools in theyr alliances to prevent things like that

Is it worth it, no. That same thing as napping imo. Totally useless

And whats all the hussle in here. Rumour said banana alliance had 500 members last round? 620 this round?

No rage from that? Someone seems to be a bit scared? No need to be scared of Denial, you guys saw what Carebears did.... Denial is long gone
Unread 29 Oct 2008, 12:14   #23
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Naping ain`t useless...

Btw you **** that was supposed to be a secret!
Unread 31 Oct 2008, 17:22   #24
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

This is so round 17. And 18. And probably 19 and 20 too.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2008, 01:28   #25
peninah42
historiographical wonder

peninah42 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I am coming in late to this conversation, but hey. here is my opinion. I think if you join an alliance you should demand to be actually in the alliance. If you dont, then as an individual, you are cheating yourself out of some important benefits. but beyond that, the alliances should not be allowed to recruit beyond the limit, since that is the rule. Rumor or no, there was a lot of that last round it seemed, where people dont actually count their members... at least until they want to. that is lame. there is a reason for the numerical limit, so deal with it. everyone should have to follow the rules. thats all.

----------------------------
Round 28: Redemption
Round 26 n 27: ASS DC
Round 25: TEMPLARS HC< MERGED WITH ASS
Round 24: loner.... Round 4 (i think, might be 4-8) - 7: KON Round 1-3: played
peninah42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2008, 02:34   #26
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
This is so round 17. And 18. And probably 19 and 20 too.
That's so round ... every round

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninah42 View Post
I know I am coming in late to this conversation, but hey. here is my opinion. I think if you join an alliance you should demand to be actually in the alliance. If you dont, then as an individual, you are cheating yourself out of some important benefits. but beyond that, the alliances should not be allowed to recruit beyond the limit, since that is the rule. Rumor or no, there was a lot of that last round it seemed, where people dont actually count their members... at least until they want to. that is lame. there is a reason for the numerical limit, so deal with it. everyone should have to follow the rules. thats all.
Some times people defend out tag their friends.
I have played this game long time, and i have friends in difrent ally. If i have a fleet idle at base and a mate asks if i can help, then i don't give a shit if he is out tag or not, i defend him.
Hello Wishmaster