User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 29 Feb 2008, 22:24   #101
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: 11.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Top on 15 and joint top with ND for t200 planets on 23 (although I might have a couple of co-ords wrong in there).

Edit: Sorry we're actually 1 behind xvx for t100 planets, my bad. Although 2 of them are 98th and 99th so I'm claiming a moral victory!
But then non-asc can claim that its easier for asc to finish top100 (for the better players) because of the lack of restrictions and so forth. Obviously an alliance like asc makes it harder for shit people like me to end top100, and for players to end top10... but for top100.... hmmm
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 22:25   #102
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Top 100 is easy regardless
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 22:29   #103
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

dont be bigheaded isil! Or I'll force wish to force elviz to come and make a "top10 is easy regardless" post to make you feel like a noob too
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 22:36   #104
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Unread 29 Feb 2008, 23:21   #105
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
dont be bigheaded isil! Or I'll force wish to force elviz to come and make a "top10 is easy regardless" post to make you feel like a noob too
It's easy to get to any rank below the number of defleechers in the round.
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 23:50   #106
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
However, I still chalk this up to a round that the other alliances lost more so than one that ND won. Even with the out of tag score I'm baffled at the level on incompetency required for both Urwins and xVx to squander the leads they held earlier in the round. Quite simply at a loss for words.
Being constantly p-targetted by 2-3 alliances.. They would let up 1 night we'd gain 8k roids and it would start again.. There were no other alliances at that point really willing to work with us to bring down CT and/or ND. We did end #1 on roids despite all that. Good job to both our BC's and our DC's. They were great.
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 00:00   #107
newt
Banned

Quote:
It's easy to get to any rank below the number of defleechers in the round.
xalibur played hardcore most of the round, and finished outside of the top100. I think I can guarantee without even knowing you that he is an intrinsically better pa player than you.

But he had a bad galaxy, you had a good one.. and other factors like that. I don't doubt for a second that if you're in a top5 gal nowadays that its easy to finish top50 if you want to put a mediocre amount of effort into it.
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 01:06   #108
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
xalibur played hardcore most of the round, and finished outside of the top100. I think I can guarantee without even knowing you that he is an intrinsically better pa player than you.

But he had a bad galaxy, you had a good one.. and other factors like that. I don't doubt for a second that if you're in a top5 gal nowadays that its easy to finish top50 if you want to put a mediocre amount of effort into it.
During 60-70% of the round, I had that big green "Your galaxy is in the lower 10% bla bla bla". At times, three of the planets were over 60% of the value. Mostly, it was 4 planets that were 50-60%.

I had two severe crashes.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 02:19   #109
newt
Banned

If only I knew snurx == dirte before r24

But yeh nevermind me, I was just biggying up xalibur there! Anyone that knows anything about how he plays pa will know he was pretty kickass jsut a pity we got him into WoW the last 2weeks of the round costing him a top50/100 spot.
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 05:10   #110
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by crybaby
Is it your opinion that Top 5 galaxies just happen magically or something? Sun was a bigger contributor to 3:5's final position than anyone except JBG (who ran the entire show) and jer, who had a higher score.* Don't be petty about it; with the exile system that is currently in effect no-one is forced to play in a shit galaxy. If someone chooses to do so it's really all on them.

* Both eksero and Boze finished higher but contributed less total score as they exiled in late on.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 09:45   #111
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Achi <3

Besides, sometimes being the only big planet in a very bad galaxy can work wonders for people(Hello Hude, Nitina, IsildurX). Nobody targets the galaxy for galraids, and somehow you get passed over for the big ptargetings. Not that that would have been the case for me as a zik, I'd of had an even harder time retaining roids, as us ziks leaked roids like a bucket shot full of holes leaks water this round.
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 10:09   #112
isildurx

What, my gal ended 4th. We got hit ALL THE TIME late round :\
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 10:57   #113
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Ah, sorry Isil, I assumed you were in one of the crap gals since you were doing decently ;P
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 14:05   #114
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
If only I knew snurx == dirte before r24
I would have been rejected?

Quote:
But yeh nevermind me, I was just biggying up xalibur there! Anyone that knows anything about how he plays pa will know he was pretty kickass jsut a pity we got him into WoW the last 2weeks of the round costing him a top50/100 spot.
Oh and I'm not dissing Xalibur. There were plenty of planets outside top 100 that should (by moral standards) been there, and plenty of people in the top 100 that shouldn't.
I'm just saying, there are many factors besides galaxy that decides planet ranks.
(Rather, I'm biggying up Sun )
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 18:21   #115
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Achi <3

Besides, sometimes being the only big planet in a very bad galaxy can work wonders for people(Hello Hude, Nitina, IsildurX). Nobody targets the galaxy for galraids, and somehow you get passed over for the big ptargetings. Not that that would have been the case for me as a zik, I'd of had an even harder time retaining roids, as us ziks leaked roids like a bucket shot full of holes leaks water this round.
And sometimes that gets them even more incs (theodb). You forgot the category of attacks that is called 'soloing'.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 18:57   #116
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Nitina's gal finished fifth as well tzu you self-centred asshole

Large numbers of dists and in a shitty gal does work well though.

Quote:
But then non-asc can claim that its easier for asc to finish top100 (for the better players) because of the lack of restrictions and so forth.
It's not like other alliances actually force players to attack with them these days. I think the lack of real "restrictions" in ingame terms is probably fairly over-rated.

Hey, seeing as this is a thread about 11.7, congratulations to you all there on a well deserved round win. And congratulations to ND and elviz as well while I'm being nice for fifteen seconds in my life.
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 19:06   #117
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's not like other alliances actually force players to attack with them these days.
They don't?

(Some do).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105

Last edited by ArcChas; 1 Mar 2008 at 19:12.
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 19:32   #118
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I believe TGV kicked ppl who attacked elsewhere..

as a new (returning player) i found the amount of planet movement quite incredible, tbh I dont like the whole exile thing but to avoid it all planets would have to be random again, which wont happen in a million years. U say that it is always possible to exile into a good gal but our gal hardly got any good exiles cos actually all the innactives were being footballs, it might prove prohibitivly expensive to exile over and over. Tho I never had to exile even when my gal was below 30th I was confident we were ok, I kno thats not very low but its in the lots of gal raids category, much below and its safer

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 1 Mar 2008 at 19:49.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 19:40   #119
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
They don't?

(Some do).
Most only think they do!
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 21:08   #120
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Nitina's gal finished fifth as well tzu you self-centred asshole
Your faults I listed Nitina :/ Always going on about how his gal looks like a real nice target, until you noticed(for the fifth time) that all the roids were on Nitina and the gal itself was a crap target.

Sif I bothered to check how much value/score they had!
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 00:27   #121
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Most only think they do!
Good point.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote