User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Dec 2002, 10:31   #1
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down So PA is sold but nothing is happening.

So Sim Tech who's website is NOT functional buys PA. Big announcement from Jolt that they will host. Then a tiny blurb from Sim-Tech.

And now nothing. Not even zeus with some hope at all for us to hang onto.
The weekend is here, and of course, we'll hear nothing over the weekend.

So, maybe PA is still dead.
But it would be nice is someone would give us at least a ball park guess as to when or even if we'll see something.

Just my two cents worth......but something thats on a lot of peoples minds.

Merlin
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 10:41   #2
Buly The Great

Buly The Great is an unknown quantity at this point
Patience, I bet they'll work on it this weekend and have something up on monday.
Why are people so negative on this one anyways?
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 10:58   #3
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Buly The Great
Patience, I bet they'll work on it this weekend and have something up on monday.
Why are people so negative on this one anyways?
because sim-tech isn't well known for respecting their agreements?
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 11:39   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Give them a chance guys....while they would have had a basic idea of what they would do when bidding there will be alot of details that now have to be finalised or maybe changed
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 11:42   #5
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
and since when did we expect them to respect agreements... i mean didnt we get used to "PA-Agreements" come on they are the new pa creators so its just normal
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 12:20   #6
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Considering how open and public they are, when you try and have a look at their webby *cough* i have little hope they'll ever interract with the players and community tbh :\

I mean a simple post saying 'hi this is us, these are our intentions with Planetarion', wouldnt be so hard to put up :\
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 12:43   #7
Merlin
Wizard

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Give them a chance guys....while they would have had a basic idea of what they would do when bidding there will be alot of details that now have to be finalised or maybe changed

A chance they don't need. What many are thinking is that if they are this invisible now.......and they seem to have so little respect for the PA community....what will it be like if PA ever comes back up.

And where is Zeus or Fudge? Even if they are out of the loop now they could at least post something to that effect.

We all KNOW that NO news ain't good news where this game is concerned.

Possible things they could say.

"We haven't got servers yet. Expect them in a week.....plus a week for testing......BUT we are working on it."

"We have our coders installing the game on Jolts servers.....but there are some problems....."

Or how about
"Hi I'm Bullcrap Bob from Sim-Tech.
I'll try and give you some kind of idea that we are alive and well, and serious about putting Planetarion back on the web......."

Something...anything...would be good.
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 13:43   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Patience is a virtue.
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 16:07   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by merlin1955
A chance they don't need. What many are thinking is that if they are this invisible now.......and they seem to have so little respect for the PA community....what will it be like if PA ever comes back up.

And where is Zeus or Fudge? Even if they are out of the loop now they could at least post something to that effect.

We all KNOW that NO news ain't good news where this game is concerned.

Possible things they could say.

"We haven't got servers yet. Expect them in a week.....plus a week for testing......BUT we are working on it."

"We have our coders installing the game on Jolts servers.....but there are some problems....."

Or how about
"Hi I'm Bullcrap Bob from Sim-Tech.
I'll try and give you some kind of idea that we are alive and well, and serious about putting Planetarion back on the web......."

Something...anything...would be good.
They have bought the game so i think its safe to say that they will bring PA back to the web but I also see no point in them saying anything about it until they have their exact plans cast in stone. By saying anything they are just going to get peoples expectations up leaving them open to upsetting everyone when a timescale changes or something they promised fails to appear. Just look how bitter and twisted alot of you got with spinner and co when they missed deadlines, pulled features at last minute ect.

We know for certain that they have the hosting sorted with Jolt but i'm sure they have things like hiring of coders to do before they can even think of putting PA back up (after all they will most likly want to make some changes to the way the game plays to stamp their own mark on it).

And dont forget its only been 3-4 days....thats not really much time to sort anything out
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 19:16   #10
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road
yeah, Be patient. It would be nice for an annoucment, but I'm sure they'll have a good reason. For so long as the forum is being hosted, there is still hope. So let's wait and see...
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 19:30   #11
Buly The Great

Buly The Great is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll second Wakey on that one, great post.
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 20:36   #12
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
I doubt they would of bought PA if they didn't want to somehow keep it open. So please stop posting bs about some evil closed-door corporation that will ignore the community and keep PA off the web.
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 21:04   #13
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
I doubt they would of bought PA if they didn't want to somehow keep it open. So please stop posting bs about some evil closed-door corporation that will ignore the community and keep PA off the web.

it is our right to complain about the owners of PA, just like we have done since day 1!

:P
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 23:02   #14
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
Considering how open and public they are, when you try and have a look at their webby *cough* i have little hope they'll ever interract with the players and community tbh :\

I mean a simple post saying 'hi this is us, these are our intentions with Planetarion', wouldnt be so hard to put up :\

agree.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 23:29   #15
Alatar

Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
I doubt they would of bought PA if they didn't want to somehow keep it open.
There's a big difference between an announcement that X is buying PA and the actual purchase going through.

My bet is that 5S is waiting to get the money or a bank guarantee before they let anyone start setting PA up on new servers, and in my view they are wise if they are doing so.

Just because someone says they will buy PA doesn't neccessarily mean they actually have the money on hand to pay for it.
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 00:05   #16
Karmulian

I had been posting an update earlier but was ordered not to by Zeus

by monday evening all the sales will be finalised, and big bunch of posts will be put up with whats going on.. etc etc

and if ever thats when the goodbye from Creators to forums will be posted
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 05:50   #17
Merlin
Wizard

Geeze...FINALLY SOMETHING.

How hard was that for christs sake?

Now we have a time frame to look at.

Like pulling teeth to be told the least little thing.

ZEUS of all people should know better.

No wonder PA's PR was so bad.........
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 08:26   #18
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Oddly enough it was told that information regarding Mondays contracts was to be kept quiet, but since it's been said Monday is when they HOPE to finalise, it's not certain and is not guaranteed to be "the day".

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 10:00   #19
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

/me looking forward to thursday

Unread 15 Dec 2002, 10:18   #20
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
/me looking forward to thursday

is that the second thursday in febuary?
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 10:20   #21
Merlin
Wizard

Something else interesting in case no one has noticed it.
Check out this PA link.

http://home.planetarion.com/

lmao....between the time I posted this message and this edit, they've actually moved the portal to a new host......

The link did go to the hosting company when I posted it

Woohoo more progress!!!

Last edited by Merlin; 15 Dec 2002 at 22:47.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 13:15   #22
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Who stole teh portal!? :eek:
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 14:09   #23
Karmulian

they are being moved
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 15:32   #24
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
ty Karmulian, that was very respectable of you to take charge when noone else did!

Something is happening!

\o/

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 23:33   #25
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been a tad out of touch lately so perhaps I'm missing something, but in my personal experience people (and especially companies) dont tend to buy something and then do nothing with their purchase (my girlfriend at a Prada sale excluded).

I'll certainly allow the possibility that they'll **** up whatever they plan on doing completely, but I am quite sure they'll at least _try_ to make it work.

So have a little patience.

Besides, it's december, which as you all know means doing massive overtime so you can buy your loved ones all those gifts, so no time for PA anyway.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 08:50   #26
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
I've been a tad out of touch lately so perhaps I'm missing something, but in my personal experience people (and especially companies) dont tend to buy something and then do nothing with their purchase (my girlfriend at a Prada sale excluded).

I'll certainly allow the possibility that they'll **** up whatever they plan on doing completely, but I am quite sure they'll at least _try_ to make it work.

So have a little patience.

Besides, it's december, which as you all know means doing massive overtime so you can buy your loved ones all those gifts, so no time for PA anyway.
get on irc more often
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 12:50   #27
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: So PA is sold but nothing is happening.

Quote:
So Sim Tech who's website is NOT functional buys PA. Big announcement from Jolt that they will host. Then a tiny blurb from Sim-Tech.

And now nothing. Not even zeus with some hope at all for us to hang onto.
The weekend is here, and of course, we'll hear nothing over the weekend.

So, maybe PA is still dead.
But it would be nice is someone would give us at least a ball park guess as to when or even if we'll see something.

Just my two cents worth......but something thats on a lot of peoples minds.

Merlin
Give them time.

Fom what we know about them they seem to be into flight simulations or smthg, so probably right now they'tr trying to add smthg to the coding that makes you able to fight your attacks and defenses in Wing Commander flight simulation style if you want to. Maybe even a virtual reality gear is in planning for these space battles as well, which the winner of the next round might get.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 13:04   #28
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: So PA is sold but nothing is happening.

Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
Give them time.

Fom what we know about them they seem to be into flight simulations or smthg, so probably right now they'tr trying to add smthg to the coding that makes you able to fight your attacks and defenses in Wing Commander flight simulation style if you want to. Maybe even a virtual reality gear is in planning for these space battles as well, which the winner of the next round might get.
Too bad they weren't bought up by Ann Summers Co then..

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 14:27   #29
MrMonster
Alien Scumbag

MrMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
I presume the next round will be called The New Legacy!
I can't wait to play!
when exactly is PA
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:43   #30
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
How the hell can anyone form an opinion on sim-tech? ok ok so i can't find a website and don't know much about them, but to spend 10k+ on a web-game they must have some sort of ambition.

Lets just WAIT AND SEE, give them a chance.
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 00:11   #31
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
How the hell can anyone form an opinion on sim-tech? ok ok so i can't find a website and don't know much about them, but to spend 10k+ on a web-game they must have some sort of ambition.

Lets just WAIT AND SEE, give them a chance.
That's what you said about the slammer too.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 02:09   #32
Merlin
Wizard

Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian
I had been posting an update earlier but was ordered not to by Zeus

by monday evening all the sales will be finalised, and big bunch of posts will be put up with whats going on.. etc etc

and if ever thats when the goodbye from Creators to forums will be posted

Monday come.....and monday go....

NOT ONE POST YET.

Another Slammer?
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 02:22   #33
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Monday come.....and monday go....

NOT ONE POST YET.

Another Slammer?
Just another delay, it's PA it's expected.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 03:17   #34
Merlin
Wizard

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Just another delay, it's PA it's expected.

Actually that was Fifth Season. Now its not and its not expected.
Somethig better is whats expected not more of the same.

Trust me I've always enjoyed the game. But lameness I don't enjoy.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 09:37   #35
RooKie
Boy without a toy

I talked to PA Crew yesterday and he told me that the announcments will be out monday (yesterday) or tuesday (today).

I hope they can keep up with this or I will be very dissapointed. If there is problems with the transaction, then plz come out and say so...better that we know than all this uncertany to feed on the community.

Unread 17 Dec 2002, 09:37   #36
RooKie
Boy without a toy

I talked to PA Crew yesterday and he told me that the announcments will be out monday (yesterday) or tuesday (today).

I hope they can keep up with this or I will be very dissapointed. If there is problems with the transaction, then plz come out and say so...better that we know than all this uncertany to feed on the community.

Unread 17 Dec 2002, 10:16   #37
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
We live in hope.

Having said that, I lived in hope PA would not end, and it appears that at least that came through, albeit a bit 11th hour.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 10:45   #38
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Erm, PA Crew isn't one person... hrm? We're not a collective

Mong.
(PA Crew)

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 11:22   #39
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Take responsabillity then.

1. Make someone spokesperson for PA Crew, both toward the community and toward the (new?) owners.

2. Start communicating. No news seems too small for this community.

All would benefit from this. PA Crew, The Community and the old and new owners.

A total change of communication policy is the only thing that can save The Community and the Game.

Unread 17 Dec 2002, 11:31   #40
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A total change of communication policy is the only thing that can save The Community and the Game.
Unofficially, I have to admit you have a good point

Off the record, of course.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 13:05   #41
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Unread 17 Dec 2002, 18:43   #42
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Perhaps we'll get a post for Christmas :-P
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 23:52   #43
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Eol
Perhaps we'll get a post for Christmas :-P
Or maybe they'll give us a bunch of new smilies instead and hope that we forget that... er... nm... :reindeer:
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2002, 00:11   #44
RooKie
Boy without a toy

lol...actually I did for like 20 mins or so :P

Unread 18 Dec 2002, 17:35   #45
Alatar

Well, at least now we have a new announcement.

It announces that there will be an annoucement. Soon. They hope.

Sigh........
Unread 18 Dec 2002, 21:15   #46
RooKie
Boy without a toy

would u rather hear nothing?

Unread 18 Dec 2002, 22:30   #47
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
would u rather hear nothing?
hes right.......just wait and see what they will announce.
No point in going ape sh*t now
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 15:26   #48
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian
they are being moved
I've had sex during that move.
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 20:21   #49
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
I've had sex during that move.