User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Oct 2002, 15:52   #1
Rythms

To whom it may concern

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad on his singple post thred:
I couldn’t be arsed to do this but I will as I had felt I had already explained. I am now FAnG HC again. I have responsibilities for developing the community for the new area’s after PA has finished. In the past few days my reason for leaving FAnG has gone, though I take no pleasure in gloating over adelante dissapearing (its sad when any alliance goes).
So, now that the reason is there again (FAnG beeing in yet another block scenario), will you leave again?
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 16:03   #2
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
ermmmmmm tis a joke ?
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 16:17   #3
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad
We aren’t in a block.
so you only have relations with ToT and no other alliance?
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 16:24   #4
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad
We aren’t in a block.
What is a block?

Jester
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 16:45   #5
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
It was a serious question. And I'll give you helping hand.

This is my definition of a powerblock:

power block

adj : A word used by participants on the Planetarion Alliance Discussions forum for propaganda, often considered negative: This alliance is building a powerblock, the Universe should unite against them

And to be honest, a powerblock has been little else since mid-round 6. This rhetoric was used in the late stages of round 7 to attack Wanx for building a 'powerblock' and it's been used to death this round. Apparantly it's more evil than ever to build a powerblock.

I venture a theory that the problem lies not in powerblocks, but how the blocks play. If we go back to the basic definition of a 'power block', that is, a faction of power, then it's quite clear that FAnG and ToT being allied are a power block (Note the space, I'll use this to denote the difference). However, it is also clear that every alliance playing to dominate the top100 is a faction of power unto itself.

And while I could go on to say that this is proof that all alliances are easy, I think I'll leave that rant for another day. Let us instead assume that a faction of power does not indicate 'evil', but instead indicates 'cooperation', 'community' and other things that are considered part of the game (and many of them positive at that).

So we can assume that it is the abuse of these factions that has led to their ill repute. I'd say that the abuse began in round 3, partially as a consequence of the extremely drawn out round. The following round avoided it by being ended prematurely (and I'm sure only a few hardliners would disagree with that decision). Then we see the rise of large powerblocks putting a yoke on a tiny Universe. So it's quite clear that something changed with p2p.

Round 6 proved in part that it didn't have to be that way. Powerblocks were plentiful in round 6, but the game held a dynamic flow not seen since the early summer of 2001 when Fury went from a strong position to fall in a short week (catalyzed nicely by nos 'backstabbing').

So when I ask you 'are you a powerblock', I'm not asking you whether you are evil. I'm asking you how you rate your alliance. Obviously FAnG and ToT are neither factions of power alone, nor together. That's what you just said, isn't it?

Jester
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 17:11   #6
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

You missed my point entirely.

I just told you're just downrating your alliance, which is a standard ploy to get people to underestimate you. You have no say in whether your alliance is a powerblock (your definition), because you're either very pessimistic about your alliance or just lying. Either way you're subjective in way that renders you incapacitated to 'state for the for the world the truth about FAnG'.

Jester
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 20:17   #7
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Where the Virus planets attacking with you today just a coincidence?
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 13:49   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: To whom it may concern

Quote:
Originally posted by Rythms

So, now that the reason is there again (FAnG beeing in yet another block scenario), will you leave again?
haha, no cause fang is simply in no other block situation. Becides, I was one of the main reasons why he left.

plz, for once check your intell before you open your mouth on AD. Or wait, don't, seems none of you do nway

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 14:18   #9
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
not another one of these threads plz close it
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote