User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Sep 2004, 09:50   #1
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
recording from cassette to WAV

I am looking for a decent recording package which is easier to use than sound recorder and which I can use for free.

Any ideas?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 10:22   #2
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: recording from cassette to WAV

Audacity is pretty simple to use...
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 10:40   #3
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
Audacity is pretty simple to use...
does that have any upper limits on size recording? lp recorder limits to 4 mins for a trial and i need around 8 mins per track
Proud to be Independent
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 11:48   #4
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

no, I've recorded at least 15mins...
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 13:23   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

This is well timed as I recorded a full double sided audio tape to WAV a couple of days ago and burned it to CD as individual tracks.

I used Audio Recorder Deluxe and then Wave MP3 editor to split the whole thing into individual tracks. Worked perfectly.

Recorded from cheap mini stereo through my Audigy Platinum front inputs.

At work at the moment but I'll post this evening with exact programs I used, the first side was 49 minutes long and it didn't have a problem recording it - file size was only around 65Mb but I recorded direct to MP3, you're likely looking at 10x file size if you're recording to WAV.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 19:29   #6
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

omg have we found something Winamp 5 cant do by itself
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 22:24   #7
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough

Goldwave?
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 08:50   #8
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
omg have we found something Winamp 5 cant do by itself
i have tried a couple of winamp type things and its the style of recoring so yes it probably can't do it. Most mp3 player/recorer packages rely on using CD's not tapes :/

I have to say though audacity worked pretty well though - did the entire tape (64 mins) as one continuous track (songs wee all misd in so made it impossible to edit as individual tracks).

It recorded side a then side b and then a little editing merged the 2 sides as one continuous track.

All that with a opensourse music editor

Thanks SYMM
Proud to be Independent
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 10:35   #9
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
(songs wee all misd in ...
Pissed at work again Rumad
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 10:49   #10
Rumad
th0ng gimp

always ;D