User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 6 Jan 2008, 14:59   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Computer Network Question

(i thought about putting this in "programming and discussion" but i don't think this fits there)

My girlfriend wants to set up wireless in her home, as she has a laptop but can't get on the net with it.

They've currently got 2 computers (wired) into a router downstairs. The family don't want to mess around with the current router (and frankly, I don't want to - it's piled behind loads of shelves and stuff and it's too much effort).

Is there a way of using a standard wired modem/router, and plugging something into it that then transmits a wireless signal?

I've seen a couple of things that might fit the bill and was wondering if anyone here could give me pointers:
1. This odd thing that plugs into a wall (with a cat5 cable to the router) and then somehow transmits the internet signal around all your plug sockets in the house. Remarkable - is this really what it seems?
2. An access point - so it would just plug into the network socket in the router and then transmit a wireless signal?

Cheers!
(also recommendations on products/prices would be cool if available!)