User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 15:17   #501
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Re: Masters of Andromeda II (New Horizons - The Dawn of a New Era)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG thud Hewitt has returned

EO - we are on the repairs sir

Comms - picking up signal sir seems that we hve some other ships with us, one dies match the database from some years ago, its an old ship sir of Chronioan design

SO - thats the Kronos sir and thats Capt Julians ship it matches the profile 100%

EO - he could havr Time jumped sir

Comms - shall we signal the others sir

SO - with that gaurdian perhaps all 3 off us can work toghether

No1 - we would stand a better chance of survival sir

SO - the other ships are stationery and are charging Super Weapons sir
Hewitt: The Kronos? What could be so spectacular about this time and place eh?

No 1: Maybe this could turn out to be one of those horrible historical disasters we often see described in quite brutal detail on the discovery channel...

*Everyone turns and frowns at Hewitt's right hand man who goes on.*

Hewitt: No 1...

No 1: ...you know like that documentary where they do all those numerous close ups of the bodies floating about in space...

Hewitt: *ahem* No 1.

No.1: ...yeah I can just see the title for this episode - Reopening Pandora's Box. Get it? *Looks around at the not-so-amused audience.*

Hewitt: ffs... *Hewitt is now in his seat both holding and shaking his head.*

No.1: You know... because that big ship is like 'the box' - silent and still until we do something that will cause all hell to be unleashed from it leaving us a big hunk of burning me-

Hewitt: We get the idea No 1!! *glares at his 2IC*

No.1: Um, yeah... course you do... *appears to notice all of the anxious faces turned towards him* I'll just go sit over there now... yes... over there... *mumbles under his breath as he wanders over to his chair.*

Hewitt: Does anyone have anything constructive to say about our current situation?

SO: Actually sir, the No.1 DID raise a valid point...

Hewitt: Huh? *Hewitt's eyebrows climb up his face* Run that by me again?

SO: Well think about it sir. Here lies, amongst a sector of gravitational irregularities and a fairly dead system one single ship. So far despite the presence of two ships alien to the system with obvious hostile intentions it sits silently. I've run a bio-scan on the vessel and have been unable obtain any life readings - the ship could be automated sir.

Hewitt: It could also be abandoned, what's your point luetientant?

SO: My point sir is that if it IS automated that means it would have a pre-programmed set of 'triggers' before going into action and if whoever left it here wanted it to guard something like a wormhole perhaps......

Hewitt: ...then by entering a certain radius of space around the wormhole could cause that vessel to come solely after US. Dear god...

No.1: Pandora's box sir...

SO: You catch on pretty quick sir... for a man. *grins*

Hewitt: *Gives the SO a rueful look.* Heh. I just hope it was quick enough in this case... Helm! Change of course! Have us form up with the other two captains who are preparing to attack. Full impulse.

Helm: Yes sir captain sir!

*As the Helmsman manipulates the controls from the inside, from an outsiders point of view the rear engine pods swing around for the change in direction acting like a series of gigantic rudders - much like those found the times of old when exploration on a ship involved passage over water.*

Comms: Shall we signal the others sir?

Hewitt: Hmm? Oh right. Yes tell them we're on our way to assist them if it comes down to a slugfest.

Comms: Aye sir, sending transmission.

Hewitt: *Turns to face the SO* I'm still not 100% on this theory of yours so I want you to send out a couple of those Mark III probes ANKAA gave us and put them on a collision course with the wormhole. We need that data SO - it's what's going to earn us the credits when we get back to the station.

SO: Ok sir if you say so... *starts manipulating her console.* Two probes sir?

Hewitt: Make it three... oh and send out two of those Mark V satellite/probes as well. Might as well try for some pretty pictures as well.

SO: Ok... it's done sir. Three Mark III probes and two mark V sat-probes have been deployed and should be passing though the wormhole shortly if all goes well.

Hewitt: Very good. WO, start charging up Pandora's Heavy Pulse Cannons - we'll need them if things turn ugly.

WO: Aye sir. Weapons charging.

Hewitt: WC hold formation with the Pandora and be ready for a possible barrage of Quantum torpedoes.

WC: Lovely. We'll be ready sir although I'm reading the specs of the target now sir and I'm not sure if our AMD's can handle the numbers that ship can put out.

Hewitt: Your our cover WC, use every weapon at your disposal to keep us protected.

WC: Every weapon... it will be as you say sir.

Hewitt: Right then... All hands to battlestations! It's time we readied Pandora to open her first box...

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!

Last edited by Hewitt; 13 Nov 2003 at 11:42.
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 18:37   #502
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

oops, didn't see it
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 18:48   #503
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Comms: Sir, we are getting a message from the Rainbow. They are going to move closer in order to revamp our sheilds in harmony with theirs.

*Cid looked around, his head still hurting badly.*

Cid: Tell them we acknoledge their intentions. But I want that ship down faster than you can say 'Ye Gods We Got It'!
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 22:52   #504
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Storyline - Part 1

Near CSC space in Federation territory

And Thus it Begins............

The Federation Starmarda

Starmarda VI

1 Command Carrier (flagship)
4 Concordat Battlestars
8 Battlestars
4 Battle Carriers
12 Heavy Cruisers
36 War Frigates

Clan Asanawa Starmarda

Shoguns Gaurd

1 Concordat Battlestar
4 Battle Cruisers
3 Fleet Carriers
16 Heavy Cruisers
20 Light Cruisers
40 Attack Destroyers

Commanded by Grand Admiral SAR AI

In a star system DANGAR MAJORA

on board the Federation Flagship Geijin

Admiral Shen Tsung relaxs with Admiral Sar Ai.

ST - So you finaly saw the light?

SA - yes, although not for the reasons you discussed

ST - But you have to admit for 2 warriors like us this stalemate has gone on for too long

SA - Yes I agree, Shogun No Dachi was not strong he should have continued after the ULP Clan Wars.

ST - Yes but he did not

SA -Sigh - Yes you are right I cannot blame him

beep beep beep

ST - Scuse me

SO - Sir the other ships have arrived as expected

on screen there can be seen 4 Kipire KIPWAKE Class destroyers

SA - whats this.?

ST - this is my plan to bring all the major players into a War of the Worlds, this Galaxy needs a new start. How can this be if there are still some of the "old gaurd" left. There needs to be a purge of this sector and only then can there we a new Sector Order.

SA - and you would be its leader

ST - Yes

SA - Good, then thats settled .... FATHER!

What follows is that a number of ships from both Starmardas enter CSC space including the KIPIRE ships.

They jump some 5 light years out of the Neutral Zone

they then commence an attack on an Ungaurded CSC Medical Convoy........

8 LINDAN class Medical Vessels

It is wiped out to a ship some 10000 crew and civilains are wiped out with this brutal act........

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 12 Nov 2003 at 23:11.
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 23:17   #505
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

KNN News Channel

This message is broadcast Real time

the Emperoress Hunt can bee seen in the Royal Fortress on TERRA VAL.

she has been crying and her mascara has run, she has a datapad infront of her. Behind her can be seen the Joint chiefs of Staff of the Combined Systems Commonwealth

EH - This has been a black day for us all. Never once have we viloted the treaty of TAU CETI that was signed by all. This has been an unprovoked attack.

This will not be tolerated

I have had a word with the joint cheifs of staff.....

From this point on I Emperoress Hunt declare that a state of war exists between

The Commbined Systems Commonwealth

and the following

THE KIPIRE

THE FEDERATION

CLAN ASANAWA

EH - I did not want this but as of now be warned ........ WE WILL BE AVENGED

Unread 12 Nov 2003, 23:20   #506
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

To All pirate Captains from Ankaa Control

The above message is relayed to all ships no matter what you are doing

Be alert, the CSC is massing its heavy ships.......

REFLEX CRUISERS.................................

Unread 12 Nov 2003, 23:32   #507
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

oooh

another big intergalactic war

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 23:39   #508
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

new PKII hulls added

Unread 13 Nov 2003, 00:07   #509
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Is there anyting for me to reply or react to yet sicne ive yet to find any :/
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 07:45   #510
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

“Damn it sir that last power surge almost took out the engines. Things are a right mess down here.” The Engineering Officer reported via Mind Link a few minutes later, prompting a grimace from Julian.

Well then, instead of trying to fix the engines, work on getting those power surges under control. The last thing we fricking need is for a power surge to trigger off a quantum torpedo while its still locked in its berth, or for our weapons to randomly fire, taking out one of our “allies”.

Damn monkeys interfering with my beautiful insides . . .

Images of chimpanzees armed with sharpened sticks suddenly appear in Julian’s head, and they rather realistically begin to cut him open and start poking his innards with the sharp points of the sticks.

OWWWW!! D*mn it Kali, would you stop putting images in my head!!

Well, would you stop poking around in my engines like a bunch of primitive cavemen playing with an automobile? I could do a better job repairing myself than your Engineering Officer, and I don’t even have any hands!!

“Hey! If you want my job, you computerized b*tch, you can have it!” The Engineering Officer retorted, and then swore as he undoubtedly found yet another problem down in the engine room.

“We have some major damage down here sir and it will take about 3 hours to repair. As for those power surges, I think we have most of them under control, and will begin to feed energy back into the shields and weapons as per your request.”

“Scanners are now on line.” The Science Officer reported, and immediately begins to conduct an analysis of the surrounding solar system and the mysterious Guardian ship.

“Hoorah! Weapons are on line sir. Charging Chrono Weapons now.” The Weapons Officer reported with a content smile.

A yeoman then arrived on the Bridge, baring a large tray with several coffee cups and a large thermos.

“Coffee, sir?” She asked, first walking up to Julian’s command chair.

Why, certainly.

Julian gratefully accepted the coffee, and began to sip it slowly, allowing the hot brew to sooth his foul mood while the repairs on his ship were completed, piece by piece.
“Er sir . . . I have indications down here that we’re about to have one last power surge . . . and it’s gonna be a big one. I can’t stop it, not quickly enough. Best brace yourselves . . .” The Engineering Officer suddenly reported, ruining the rising spirits on the bridge.

Shit . . . . .

Julian felt Kali’s presence leave the Mind Link, but there were many other worries on his mind at the moment, namely trying to keep his ship in one piece.

Alright, let’s try to minimize the effects of the power surge. Start shutting down all of the bridge consoles . . . with any luck that will stop them from overloading. Comms Officer, send a quick message throughout the ship letting everyone know they need to brace themselves for one last power surge . . .

One of the consoles at the Science Officer’s station suddenly lit up brightly, and a high pitched drone was heard as the oblivious Science Officer actually boosted power to the console from the Secondary Power sources.

Science Officer!! What the H*LL are you doing?

“Umm . . . I was boosting power to the scanners, but I didn’t think I boosted it that much . . . must have been the power surge.”

Science Officer, consider yourself –

“Sir . . . Engineering here. That last power surge just went off as I warned, and somehow it activated the Chrono Engine. I don’t know what the effects were, but apparently that last power surge triggered it, and gave it enough power to fire.”

Adding to the bad news as usually, the Science Officer spoke up with a cough. “Sir . . . I do not recognize the Star Systems . . . they are wrong. It would appear we are still in the same solar system, although the planetary orbits are all wrong . . . we could have jumped backward and forward in time . . . and I have no clue which. The Guardian is still out there however.”

“Well, at least the time jump hasn’t effected any of our medical equipment. I have dispatched a team to Engineering and other teams to areas of the ship with wounded sir.” The Medical Officer suddenly chimed in, giving Julian at least one piece of good news in an otherwise fubared situation.

Kali’s presence suddenly returned to the Mind Link, and Julian felt somewhat better now that he knew the power surge hadn’t blown out Kali’s memory boards, at least.

Julian, we have time jumped into the future, this is indeed the Wormhole system that we were told about years ago. But it is now years in the future . . . roughly twenty-five years, give or take a few days.

Oh? And how do you know that?

Well, first I calculated Galactic Drift, then I added the sum of Planetary Orbital Rotation to the Rhineburg Constant, and . . .

Kali . . .

Actually, I just analyzed the readings from the Chrono Engine. I am the computer of a Time Ship, ya know.

Ok, fine . . . we’re twenty-five years in the future, and the Guardian is still here. Looks like our previous “allies” didn’t make it.

“Ahem . . . actually, sir . . . we have 3 other ships nearby.”

“Receiving a signal from one of those three ships, sir. Apparently this ship is commanded by a Captain Zappa, just like the previous ship.”

Oh really? What a coincidence. . . Julian though, raising the coffee cup to his lips for another sip, and hoping that it hadn’t gotten cold over the past twenty-five years.

That’s his daughter.

Kali’s comment caught Julian off-guard, and startled him so much that his grip on the coffee cup faltered, spilling some of it onto his lap. A moment later Julian got his answer as to how hot the coffee was, as it gave him 3rd degree burns on his legs.

OWWWWW!!! AHHHHH!! IT BURNS, IT BURNS!!!

Julian screamed mentally, the pain overriding his normally calm and calculating manner. He leaps up, throwing the now empty coffee cup away from him, but unfortunately the floor in front of his command chair was now covered with slippery coffee, and the sudden motion of standing up was too much for his sense of balance to cope with. Julian fell forward, and it was only his quick reflexes that saved him from a broken nose as he flung his hands out to stop his fall. Unfortunately, once again Julian’s sense of timing and balance was off, causing him to land awkwardly on one of his arms, and the bones in that arm did what they were designed to do: break to dissipate some of the impact.

Julian’s bad luck was not over, however, for the sudden breakage of his arm in two places caused Julian to continue his fall to the floor, cracking his head off of the floor anyway. Even worse, one of Julian’s feet somehow managed to get caught on his command chair, causing him to break a leg in the disastrous fall as well.

“Oh my god . . .” One of the bridge crew whispered, and made his way down to Julian’s broken body.

“Somebody get a medical officer up here immediately!! MMMMMEEEEDDDDIIICCCC!!” This same bridge crewman said through the Mind Link as he came to crouch down next to Julian.

“Don’t try to move sir, help is on the way.”

“Sir, I’ve opened a channel to Captain Zappa’s ship. I assume you have something to say to them in response to their hails?”

Julian did indeed have something to say, and he certainly said them, and in order. He had no idea what the crew on board the other ship thought, nor Captain Zappa, but he was sure the average spaceway sailor would be impressed with his litany of every swear word and obscenity that Julian had learned over the years, as well as more than a few that he spontaneously made up.

The recitation of obscenities helped clear Julian’s mind of the pain, at least momentarily, and he was able to grate out between clenched teeth,

“Greetings . . . to you too . . . Miss Zappa. Since you . . . seem to know me, you (gasp) have me at a . . . disadvantage. Nonetheless, we have a (wince) common enemy in that . . . Guardian. I’d be . . . honored to fight at your side.”

With his remaining good arm, Julian weakly signaled for the Comms Officer to cut the channel, and the crewman kneeling beside him relayed that to the Comms Officer.

Julian then leaned back, and tried to relax despite the pain continuing to flood into his brain. Julian gradually felt his mental link with the crew gradually weaken, and his first explanation for this was that he was dying. He began to panic, attempting to push himself up with his good hand despite the crewman’s attempts to restrain him.

JULIAN!! Relax, I’m simply disconnecting you from the Mind Link so that your pain doesn’t pollute the Link and degrade the abilities of the rest of the crew.

Oh . . . well, thanks, I guess. You could have told me that before doing it.

And have you override me so that you could stay connected? Not a chance. To me, it looks like you’re out of commission for awhile.

Bullsh*t. I’ve been worse.

I’m sure you have, but then you’ve never had me around to take command before, either. Ah, here’s the Medical Officer.

At this, Julian twisted his head around as best he could, and saw the clean black boots and white pants of a Ship’s Medic approaching. The Medic knelt down beside Julian, and quickly examined his injuries. The Medic began to dig around in his equipment kit, and pulled out a hypo-syringe.

“Alright sir, my name is Ensign Mallory. You’re in pretty bad shape, and I’m not so sure moving you right now is a good idea, at least not until more medical personnel arrive. A medical gurney should be here in a couple minutes, and then we’ll move you down to the medical bay for treatment. For now, however, I’m just going to give you a shot for the pain. This may sting a bit . . .”

The Ensign then pressed the small machine against Julian’s neck, and activated it. The injection of painkiller felt like pure fire in the veins of Julian’s neck, and he bit down on his lower lip in an attempt to not scream. He was only partially successful, as a pained grunt emerged from his throat. The fire quickly changed to an icy cold, however, and Julian felt the pain slowly begin to lessen throughout his body. His mind now fairly clear of pain, Julian began to make plans on how to deal with the robotic guardian of the system.

Unable to communicate via the Mind Link now that Kali had disconnected him, Julian opened his mouth to speak.

“Thank you, Ensign. That helped decrease the pain significantly. Do you think you can help me sit up, at least, until the gurney gets here? Also, we’re about to enter into battle, so I think it would be best if I were to remain on the bridge for the duration. I can’t command from the Medical Bay, so until the threat of that Guardian to this ship has ended, I’m staying right here, and – “

“Alright, hold it right there!” The normally soft voice of Kali snapped from the speakers as a hologram of her, arms crossed, appeared next to Julian. Arms crossed, she glared down at him and the medical ensign, and the hologram seemed to enlarge until Kali towered over the two of them.

“There is no way you are fit to command, Julian. And since I am the endangered ship in question, I believe I’m more fit to make decisions in this situation than you.”

Julian sputtered from a few moments, and then began to attempt to push himself up with his remaining good arm again.

“Now see here, you batch of fried circuits . . .”

Kali appeared to ignore Julian, as she then turned her gaze towards the ensign, who seemed to cringe in response.

“Now then, Ensign Mallory, you will give Captain Pierce another injection to keep him calm until the medical gurney arrives. If he keeps flopping around like a fish looking for a puddle, as he is now, he’ll probably hurt himself even more.”

“Well . . . I suppose he would.” Ensign Mallory said thoughtfully, looking at Julian as he continued to sputter and try to push himself up into a sitting position.

“So, what do you have that could make our good captain nice and happy for a few hours, so he doesn’t have to worry about things like Guardians & broken limbs.”

“Well . . . I do have a hypo-syringe full of morphine . . .”

“W-what!!? No, you aren’t doing anything, and I’m staying right here –“

“Do it, Ensign . . . although are you sure that won’t dangerously mix with the previous painkillers?”

“Nope . . . he’ll be fine. And quite happy to boot.”

“Th-this is ridiculous!! Ensign, you will do no such –“

The hypo-syringe jabbed into Julian’s neck once more, and a glowing warmth spread through his body.

Treachery! Mutiness! I’ll remember this the next time you need some time in dry dock!

Yeah, I’m sure you will . . . and I expect the supreme treatment.

Julian suddenly felt as if a great weight had been taken off of his chest, and he grinned up at Kali and Ensign Mallory.

“I love you guys. Mally, you can give me a shot anytime . . . you should be chief medical officer for this ship!”

“Uhh . . . yeah, thanks Captain.”

Kali shook her head, and walked over to the command chair. The hologram blinked for a moment, and then reappeared in a sitting pose on the command chair.

“Now then, Comms Officer, send a transmission to the other ships, saying that Captain Pierce is indisposed due to injuries. In his place, Commander Kali has taken command of the Kronos.”

The sitting hologram of Kali then turned to face the normal first officer. “You don’t have a problem with that, do you?”

“N-no ma’am . . . I mean, Commander Kali.”

“Good. Engineering Officer, how are those repairs coming, and what is the status of the Chrono Weapons?”

“I still need another two hours to repair the FTL drives, and the Chrono weapons are at 75%.”

“Good. Comms Officer, send a message to the other captains, informing them that our main weapons are nearing completion for charging, and in another few minutes we’ll be ready to take on that ship.”

“Aye, ma’am.” The Comms Officer replied.

"Also, send messages to all allied ships that we should attempt to surround the Guardian and come at it from all directions . . . with any luck, most of its weapons will be forward-mounted so it can only shoot at one of us at a time. Engineering Officer, I don’t care how you get the power, but I need those Chrono Weapons charged now. Take power from wherever you can get it, except the shields, sub-light engines, and life support. Also, transfer 50% power from every other shield quadrant into the forward shields. We’re going to need that extra reinforcement on our first pass. Once we’re past the Guardian, re-balance the remaining shield power to keep all of our shields quadrants at equal levels. Helm, set a course for the Guardian, and be prepared to go on my mark. Science Officer, I want every piece of information you can get me on that Guardian . . . feed any data on weak points or critical areas to the Weapons Officer. Weapons Officer, I want you to target one of those Quantum Cannons on the Guardian ship.”

“I can’t get a lock onto those weapons, ma’am, at least not from this distance.”

“Well then, hold your fire until we’re close enough for a better lock.”

“Yes ma’am!”

Flight Officer?

Yes, Kali?

I need you and your pilots to stand by at the remote consoles for the satellites. We’re probably going to be launching them once we close with the Guardian so it has more to shoot at.

My pilots and I will be ready to launch the satellites and begin firing on your command, ma’am.

Good.

“Alright, I think I’ve taken care of everything . . . inform our "allies" that we're ready to begin the attack.”

Orders

Helm – Plot a course for the Guardian

Weapons Officer – Target one of the Quantum Cannons on the Guardian

Engineering Officer – Reinforce the forward shields by draining power from the other quadrants, and continue charging super weapons.

Comms Officer – Inform the other ship captains that they should attempt to join the Kronos in encircling the Guardian and attacking it from all directions

Flight Officer – Have pilots stand by at the remote control consoles for the Mark V satellites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.

Last edited by Inspectre; 13 Nov 2003 at 16:19.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 11:35   #511
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: actually I was under the impression you both were at the ship already. I merely ment to form up on you, not go charging head long into suicide. Please edit your post

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 16:19   #512
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

/ooc Sigh . . . but suicide is so much fun, especially when I get to watch someone else do it. Editted. ooc/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 03:37   #513
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

*Kama settles down into the command chair once more, with the rank insigna of Commander on her uniform (seen here), one which is now less constrictive or at the very least more proportionate.

"So the Oro crew's under new managament... very well, we'll hear them out. Invite over their new appointed commanders and we can have them give us their loyalties. As for the troops on Kastravalva 3, they're a different matter.

Our mission was to scout out the Insectid boarder systems, so far we're in their space, but haven't encountered direct resistance, we'd better go find some if we're after that bonus from Ankaa. Establishing a point of command for our group is second priority for the moment, our time shall come, but lets have some fun before we tie ourselves down.

Ankaa gave us several targets, we'll try our luck in a second system before returning here to make our base, the closest system... er, option #5 sounds promising.

Quote:
System 5 - 27 Light years in insectid Space - 8 planets - mostly rocky asteroid types but seems to be one of the major production facilities of the old insectid empire.
Alright, see that we're fueled up and lets find out if these Monkey's shall be joining us. The wrecks can wait until we're back again, from them as you see we can get our capital running, it's all fame and glory from then on... Now there's just the small matter of those Oro marines on the planet... We have orbital sattelites in the cargo hold, correct? Configure them for jamming comm signals and use a few to deploy a minature network around K3, that should stop them contacting their House HQ. A couple hours being stranded in hostile space should sap morale, it'll be a push over to capture them when we return.

Lay in a course for "System 5" and get ready to depart, we'll talk to the 'reformed frigate crews' and then go to warp."

*A small grin emerges as she considers the benifit of looting the system and her very own base system.
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 16:02   #514
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

moa shortly

Unread 15 Nov 2003, 17:06   #515
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

"Status Mr. Saint!"

SO - 2 Frigates now offline. Frigate 5 now susceptable to boarding. And er... sir... that tiger's looking at me hungrily.

"I suggest you try not to make any sudden movements then. Helm, bring us about! Weapons, make ready. Lock onto the forward shields of Frigate 3 with both heavy disruptors, and fire in a concerted burst. Mr. Dachi (Nick Dachi, not No Dachi)!"

MO - Aye sir?

"Take half the compliment of the Pyrian Brigades over to Frigate 5 and beat the heck out of any resistance until they surrender. Oh, and take Snowball, he needs feeding. A quarter of the brigades are to be send to the disabled vessels to secure them and conduct any repairs possible at this time. If Friagte 3 or 4 drops below 30% armour on any location, send the rest of the Pyrians over."

MO - Erm... gladly sir.

*The MO gingerly reaches out with a finger and touches Snowball, who immediately attempts to bite it off. Fortunately for Dachi, he activates his teleporter before his hand is forcibly removed, and both man and tiger disappear. Over the comms, the sound of tiger growls and enemy screams occur, followed by weapons fire.*

MO - This is Brigade 1, we are now attempting to take the bridge.

Snowball - Rarrrgh!!!!

MO - Indeed.

"Excellent. Mr. Malone, form up the fighters. All Drakes and Draconics are to begin firing on the forward shields of Frigate 4."

WO - Sure thing sir, they are commencing attack run in concert with us.

"Good, Mr. Williams, as soon as weapons have fired, break us off and go evasive. Cloak us too. "

Helm - Ready sir.

"Right, take us in."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 17:43   #516
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

No Dachi's stomach sinks as he hears the news of Sar Ai's betrayal. Almost at once, his Clan-conditioned mind begins to feel intense anger and hatred toward his father's former friend. But, somewhere deep inside his mind, a very small little voice speaks. "Sar Ai has been your father#s trusted friend for years, and your family's guardian since the dawn of time. He is as wise as the Free Arkanides and much wiser than any mere human in the Clan. If he really has done this, he will have a good reason for doing that." said the little voice, shortly before No Dachi's sense of righteous outrage sat on it and crushed it beneath its massive girth. And then there was Sar Ai's son, Gar Ai, No Dachi's friend since childbirth. Immmediately No Dachi found himself opposed to the idea of taking his friend prisoner, but as his father had said, honour demanded it. No Dachi stood, finding his knees a bit shaky from the impact of the news, and saluted the image of his father.

"My Lord and father, I shall do as you command. Gar Ai will be taken captive." No Dachi the younger replied. No Dachi the elder nodded, before speaking again in the same grave tones as before.

"My son, and all of you, these are difficult times for the Clan. One of the most trusted of our highest circle of Officers has betrayed us. You all know what Bushido and your Clan expects of you. Good luck, and may the wings of fortune serve you well in battle." Intoned his father, by now an excellent morale-speaker, before saluting into the screen and breaking the connection.

"The transmission from Harkun III has ended, sir." Confirmed the Coms Officer, herself severely shaken by the news. One of her brothers served aboard a ship in the Shogun's Guard...she saw the Shosha nod silently, before raising his head and striding out of the ready room's door.

"Comes, all of you, we must return to the Bridge at once."

---

The doors to the Bridge slid open, and No Dachi strode in, followed by all of his Bridge Officers save for the No1, who had been left in command of the ship. The two Samurai Marines standing guard on either side of the doorway snapped to attention, but the rest of the bridge crew remained dutifully carrying out their tasks. No Dachi took his seat, before turning so that he could see as much of the bridge crew as possible and speaking.

"You all heard the news. It has shaken us all to the core. But, we must not allow it to distract us from the task at hand. There will be time to reciew the situation later, in the meantime we have a battle to win. Science, give me a damage report on the enemy ship." No Dachi said, trying to keep his voice steady in order not to show the inner turmoil he was feeling.

"Sir, our last barrage has reduced the fore front and port shield arcs of the target vessel to 20%." The Science Officer replied smoothly. No Dachi nodded.

"Excellent. WO, fire the Assault Pods. I want the Samurai Corps Marines in that Frigate asap. Coms, order all friendly vessels including those of Command PK to cease firing on the fifth frigate, and inform them that boarding is underway."

"Aye sir," replied the Coms Officer, "it shall be done."

"WO, once the Assault Pods are away we will wheel around to attack frigates 3 and 4. In the meantime I want EMP Missiles fired at their main drives - that included frigate five. I want those drives disabled before we find out what they intend to do with this energy build up. Hopefully it will allow more of our weapons' energy to get through and do damage as well."

"Aye sir, firing EMP Missiles at the main drives," replied the Weapons Officer, then "missiles away." He pressed another button on his console, and on one of the bridge's many visual viewscreens appeared an image from the nose camera of one of the EMP missiles. This one was heading for frigate No.5. No Dachi saw the bright specks of the Armoured Escape Pods, loaded with the elite Samurai Corps Marines, slamming into the forward hull of the enemy ship. Now that they were aboard the enemy ship, Chosa Mitsonagi, as senior infantryman present in the squadron, had total control. There was a clearly outlined procedure for capturing enemy ships that had many variations depending on the class, size, defences and status of the vessel. A crippled frigate full of premature Insectids was going to be a piece of cake for an experienced command in control of such highly-trained men. The Engine Room and Bridge would be captured first, the latter being fortified and used as a command post while combat units cleaned out the rest of the ship. Presently, the Armoured Escape Pods passed out of view as the EMP missiles ran closer to the enemy ship, flying just a few inches from the surface of its hull in order for them to be less succeptible to antimissile fire. Passing the stern of the ship, the image from the nose camera whirled as the EMP missile turned sharply to the left and went straight up the frigate's backside, wherupon the image was replaced by static. The main drives of the three remaining enemy frigates were now, presumably, out, along with their ability to harness the energy of the Federation ships' weapons. No Dachi nodded approvingly, before speaking to his Helm Officer.

"Helm, since the two other enemy frigates have uniform damage to all hull sections, we may as well attack them from behind so that they cannot concentrate as many weapons on us. Order the Akatsuki to take up a point position above us to protect us from the fighters. WO, fling everything you've got at frigate 4's aft armour. When it gets down to 20%, cease fire. The Ariake will stay behind us and offer fire support. Red Squadron seems to have taken heavy losses, so order them to just concentrate on protecting Blue Squadron, who will assisst us by destroying frigate 4's weapon banks. Understood?"

"Aye sir." Replied the Helm Officer, already swinging the mighty cruiser around to drop into position behind the Insectid frigate.

"Roget that sir, transmitting new firing pattern to the gunners." Confirmed the Weapons Officer, pressing the appropriate buttons on his console.

"At once, My Lord." Said the Coms Officer, already sending the orders to the separate ships...
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 20:46   #517
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

[ooc] I'll take the lack of a response to a "No you can't undo a horribly obvious mistake." Pity cause i'd kinda like my missles back. oh well. I'll live. [ooc/]

WO: Missile's had no effect sir. Crazy's ship took a nasty hit sir.

Tal'Raka: Of course not...what was I thinking. Can't we jump yet? we're getting clobbered out here.

*Tal'Raka turned to the Comm's station.*

Tal'Raka: Tell Captain Deavorn; If his fighters don't do something to that montrosatiy soon, he may be joining the other two Sci vessles in the void. Contact Crazy ask him if he needs cover.

Comm: Yes sir...

Tal'Raka: FC status on our fighters?

FC: We lost two but they are still escorting the Neptunes and thus far Crazys fighters have kept the enemy off our back. More or less.

Tal'Raka: WO fire another volley but send this one into the fighter swarm, if we can keep them from the Neptunes we may have a chance yet.

WO: Targets locked.

Tal'Raka: Comm tell the Sci vessels that if they don't ready their FLT drives real quick, they'll be the first to go. SO tell me if you find something we can use to our advantage, a asteriod to hide behind, a comet to throw out of orbit or ANYTHING. Oh hey... Find a uninhabtid planet NOW. We still have the Corbamite Missile's on the SAT's. SO as soon as you find the planet power up SAT 2b and move it into firing range and then tell me. HAHAHAHA Blasted Choronians met the bringer of your death!

SO: Yes sir, scanning for planets.

Comm: I'm on the lines you requested now.

Targets:
Chrono Concordat
Nil'Cershal:
-1 Heavy Neutron Cannon
Nil'Numeruone :
-1 Heavy Neutron Cannon

SAT 3a and 3b:
-2 Electro Pulse Gun's (In total)

Target: Chrono Avengers
Nil'Cershal:
-1 Electro Pulse Gun
-1 Light Ion Cannon
Nil'Numeruone:
-1 Electro Pulse Gun
-1 Light Ion Cannon

Fighters:
8 Light Alpha Class
Escorting Neptunes
Fire power: 40 light turbolasers.

Unused:
SAT 2a and 2b:
POWERED-DOWN
Unread 16 Nov 2003, 15:50   #518
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
*flapjack held on tightly as the ship shook around him, the operations officers immediatly yelling out a damage report*

operations: shields are holding, forward shields are down to 75% sir, we have minor hull damages, repair teams are en route

me: target the lead frigate, fire all we...

WO: sir, the phased particle phaser 8 is charged and ready to fire, want me to give the weapon's power to them?

me: perfect, like i said, target the lead frigate, fire all weapons into their engines, if we can destroy their engines they'll lose power and we can board them, use the AFD II and the AMD II to target the enemy fighters

EO: sir, the linear pulse is ready

me: it seems all good news comes at once, WO, you know what to do

for LH reference:
firing the Phased particle phaser 8 at the lead frigate
firing the linear pulse weapon at the lead frigate (if it isn't disabled already)
firing the AFD II and the AMD II at the enemy fighters (despite the fact the AMD II should be used against missiles, but since there are no enemy missiles, we might just as well try to shoot at their fighters)
all other weapons are to fire at the lead frigate (if it isn't disabled already, if it is, all other weapons are to target the second frigate)
the gunboat will fire at the lead frigate as well, providing it isn't disabled already, if it is disabled, the gunboat will target the second frigate

As promised to FJ and BK

Mission 2

1 - Lt Comm Flapjack
2 - Lt Comm Bakan
3 - Lt Comm Darkling
4 - Lt Comm Toejam

GAL VARON PRIME

A binary star system 1 red giant GAL and 1 small neutron star VARRON.

there are 10 planets that orbit both stars

GAL VARON PRIME I - barren rock world, little of interest

GAL VARON PRIME II - barren desert world, has high concentration of minerals and metals, this place has many old mine sites on it - similar to mercury.
has 3 moons

GAL VARON PRIME III - barren world - coverd with cloud similar to Venus.

GAL VARON PRIME IV - Earth Like - has 70% water and has an oxeygen/nitrogen atmosphere. this world supports a post FTL civilisation, they are NEUTRALS but thet do support a space fleet, mainly of which they have 100

Victory Class Destroyer
Type: Heavy Destroyer

Weapons:

1 Particle Cannon
8 Pulse Phasers
6 Heavy Fuision Cannons
12 Fusion Cannons

8 AFD II
8 AMD II

12 Cluster Missile Launchers

Fighter: 56 Warlord fighter craft

Power:

1 Black Hole Generator
4 Fusion Drives

Special defense: Phased Bio Organic Hull

4 Type 20 Tractor Beams
Claoking Device

cargo hold 5000 tonnes

GAL VARON PRIME V - Again earth like and again supports life - this world has been colonised by those of GAL VARRON IV

GAL VARON PRIME VI - Ice world - this world is barren, but has 4 moons that support BIO TECH plants that provide food suppliments for the other worlds

GAL VARON PRIME VII - Gas Giant similar to Saturn with 50 moons of all sizes

GAL VARON PRIME VIII - Gas Giant the size of Neptune and has over 300 rings, but no moons

GAL VARON PRIME IX - Gas Giant similar to Neptune but has rings of colour similar to Jupiter but the colours are in green and yellow

GAL VARON PRIME X - Gas Giant sizeof Jupiter with 126 moons

again one post for the lot of you

Helm - course laid in sir evasive patterns

WO - aye sir firing now - on lead frigate

No1 - Heh now to kick some but

SO - scanning sir

EO - we now have 70% fuel sir but still aok

MD - we are ok sir

No1 - All decks reprort green status sir

FC - all ships in formation sir

on screen the bright light that is the pulse from the Particle phaster rakes the front shields of the Alyssian frigate also with the weapons fire from the other vessels. It survives all the hits.......

but it is just a wreck

SO - trouble, the other 2 frigates are now closing and firing on us

No1 - Damn

on screen you close with the Alyssian frigates and they once more open up concentrating on your aft sections, and your weapons open up as do the Alyssians weapons. the battle has now begun in ernest

EO - diverting power sir, we are still aok

your ship rocks as the weapons open up.

On BK's ship

Helm - looks at you as you give the orders - Ok sir but this may prove t be bad

EO - The ship may take internal damage

No1 - sounds the collision alert

Helm - here we go

your ship does what it says in your last post

unfortunately you are flung from your chair and fly across the bridge smacking your head against the EO's console, you have severe bruising and a sever concusion as well as loosing a few teeth in the process

WO - firing now sir

MD - are you ok sir, here is some morphine for the pain (you now feel high and happy)

your weapons open up on the frigate raking it stem to stern

EO - the bad news sir we have taken some damage

Helm - smiles - we survived though, athough we are still drfiting slightly

EO - engines back on line

BATTLE ORDERS

8 x ALYSSIAN CHIMERA Class Frigate Strike Leaders

10 shield mounts
2x ALYSSIAN Singularity Shields
2x ALYSSIAN Meta Shielding

24 turret mounts
6x ALYSSIAN Pulse Phaser
4x ALYSSIAN Nova Cannon

14 external mounts
6x ALYSSIAN Quantam Torpedo Launchers
8x ALYSSIAN Cluster Missile Launchers

14 additional mounts
ALYSSIAN Heavy Armour Plating
ALYSSIAN Ablative Armour
2x ALYSSIAN Anti Matter Drive
ALYSSIAN Advanced Tactics Computer
ALYSSIAN Advanced AI Ships Computer
ALYSSIAN Advanced Engineering Bay
6x ALYSSIAN Angel Class Fighters

200 tonnes hold
ALYSSIAN Blackhole Generator
carries 2x ALYSSIAN Angel Class Fighters

SHE IS A BURNING WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
forward starbaord shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

SHE IS CRIPPLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

these bottom two are being attacked by Darkling

Fighters 36

Your Ships

Flapjack
Weapon Charge 3 posts

foward shield 45%
forward port shield 45%
forward starbaord shield 45%
port shield 65%
starbaord shield 65%
aft port shield 65%
aft starbaord shield 85%
aft shield 80%

moderate hull damage
light internal damage

particle phaser damaged 75% effective
2 plasma cannons destroyed

10% loss of manuverability

11 dead 28 injured

Bakan
weapon charging 3 posts

fowrard shield 75%
forward port shield 75%
forward starbaord shield 95%
port shield 75%
starbaord shield 85%
aft port shield 80%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 70%

moderate hull damage
light hull damage

10% loss of speed
5% loss of weapon power
35% structural damage to hull

stress fracture of hull on decks 3 to 7

8 dead 15 injured

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 16 Nov 2003 at 16:14.
Unread 16 Nov 2003, 15:57   #519
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
*Bakan grabs the sides of his command chair tight at the Dune Rider buckles around him. The other crewmembers on the bridge also hold on, many of them already strapped into thier chair to prevent them from flying out.*

Bakan: "Status report?"

Engineering Offiver: "Sir, very minor hull damage, basically carbon scoring in some sections of deck 5 aft section. Shields hold, though aft shields are at 80%."

Bakan: "Tatical, how are we doing?"

Tatical Officer: "We are giving it out as good as we get sir."

*Suddently several panels light up next to the tatical officer and he smiles evily.*

Tatical Officer: "Sir, our Particle Phaser 7 is full charged and ready to be deployed."

*Hearing this, several other crewmembers smile, including Bakan.*

Bakan: "Excellent. Engineering, boost power to our Structural Integrity fields and Internal Dampending fields as high as they can go. Also prepare to cut out the starboard and center aft impulse engines."

Helm Officer: "Sir, what the hell are you doing?"

Bakan: "What you think, just prepare for a wild ride. Communications, sound collision alarm."

*The communications officer looks at Bakan in shock, only to be glared at with a cold stare. Swallowing hard and tighting his seat restraints, he hits the rarely used collision alarm. Throughout the ship blue lights start flashing, with a distinctive alarm blaring. Crewmembers rushed to seats to secure themselves, or grabbed onto tables or safety bars scattered about the ship.*

Bakan: "Engineering, on my command cut power to those two engines. Helm, fire forward port thrusters, port for thrusters and aft starboard thrusters."

*The helm officer, frowns, then smiles broadly.*

Helm Officer: "Aye sir, I have always wanted to do this."

Bakan: "And today is your lucky day, just be prepared to keep us moving."

Tatical Officer: "Sir, frigates closing in on our aft end."

Science Officer: "Whoa, Captain flapjacks ship just unleashed their phased particle phaser 8 against the lead frigate."

Bakan: "Good, then they should like this. Tatical, aim for the closest frigate to our aft that is not the target of flapjacks attack. Hold fire until my command."

Tatical Officer: "Targetting but holding fire."

Science Officer: "Frigates closing, they are opening fire."

Bakan: "ENGINEERING, CUT ENGINES, HELM, FIRE THRUSTERS, HOLD ON EVERYONE!!!"

*With the touch of controls, the Dune Rider spins violently in space, the hull groaning under the sudden stresses. Crewmembers who were not secured well enough go flying, many using their training and rolling, avoiding injuries. As the frigates fire, the Dune Rider's strong forward shields take the brunt of the attack.*

Helm Officer: "Sir, we have rotated 170 Degrees from original vector, 175.... 180....."

Bakan: "TATICAL, FIRE EVERYTHING!!!"

*Again, the Dune Rider shudders violently as it fires, first off with it's freshly charged particle phaser 7, followed by the Hellbore Cannon and the 4 Pulse Phasers, with the Electro Pulse Gun firing last, in the hope that if the shields were penetrated that it would disable key systems.*

Tatical Officer: "Full salvo fired, recharging the Particle Phaser 7."

Bakan: "Engineering, restore engines to normal."

Helm Officer: "Oh crap, sir we are somewhat out of control."

Bakan: "Stabilize..... oh my....."

*Looking out the main viewport, Bakan sees another frigate rapidly coming closer. Swearing violently, the Helm Officer grabs the manual flight controls and pulls violently.*

Science Officer: "Sir, the frigates are firing again!!"

Helm Officer: "Hang on people."

*Hitting certain buttons, causing the port impulse engine to fire at 125% efficiency, boosting the speed from it and turning the ship more violently and swiftly. The one frigate tilts away from the viewport, only to be replaced by another in a head-on collision. Gritting his teeth, the Helm Officer pushes the controls forward, with the frigate rising up on the viewscreen. Hitting some more panels, the Helm officer takes emergency control of the tractor beam and locks onto the frigate they just evaded. While the tractor beam dosen't have enough power to move the ship, it acts like a nice anchor allowing the Dune Rider to pull a even tighter turn, letting it dodge the onrushging frigate. Finally seeing only open space, the Helm Officer sighs, deactivating the tractor beam and starts manuvering in evasive manuvers as weapon blasts streak past the ship, firings that missed their target."

Science Office: "Damnit man, don't ever quit your day job. I can't be certain, but I think you actually got some of them to hit each other with their weapons."

Bakan: "Excellent firing. Communications, cancel collision alarm, see about raising the local planetary forces and cut through the jamming. Engineering, get the aft shields back up, and see about the fore shields also. along with fixing the minor damage, use the Advnace Damage Control Teams if needed. Tatical, continue to use our Anti-Fighter and Anti-Missile defence systems on the enemy fighters."
see reply for fj

Unread 16 Nov 2003, 16:35   #520
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
A quick glance over the bridge a glare of detemrination in his eyes
"Okay everyone lets do this in record speed ten specail forces squad board the cube, followed by the repair teams. Science give them the reuslt from your scans so they can pinpoint the damaged sectors as soon as posisble."
No1 - "I suggest we decloak as well, they seem to have found us. Better to charge weapons, and reppare for battle"

Carter titling his head curiously and shrugs
"Well I suppose it give us some stoires to brag about aye"
Grinning widly
"Well you heard him decloak us and get those weapons charged, its time to bare our fangs"

Science - "We have decloaked engine reserves are holding

Weapons - "Charging all weapons for quick shots, they will use up our reserves more but if we get hit anyway our chance are not the greatest"

"As you say but inicitae is ncie but within reasons, lucky you havent overstepped it this time. Soldiers are mearly dolls at a puppeters whims if they cannot think for themselves"
A glance around the bridge is greated by a few relaxed shrugs, the coserns for etticute and the hierachy clearly not on everyones mind.
"okay send in the boarding parties fitted with enviroment suits, keep us latched on the cube for now, make sure everyone is accompained by an escort of at least fine Specials I hope that engineer of yours is good, ill buy him a drink, hell ill get you all one when we get back to dock now show me how realcrew works"
Carters grin widly paiting his face like a trophy of pride.

Mission 2

1 - Lt Comm Flapjack
2 - Lt Comm Bakan
3 - Lt Comm Darkling
4 - Lt Comm Toejam

GAL VARON PRIME

GAL VARON PRIME II - barren desert world, has high concentration of minerals and metals, this place has many old mine sites on it - similar to mercury.
has 3 moons

GAL VARON PRIME IV - Earth Like - has 70% water and has an oxeygen/nitrogen atmosphere. this world supports a post FTL civilisation, they are NEUTRALS but thet do support a space fleet, mainly of which they have 100

Victory Class Destroyer

Weapons:

1 Particle Cannon
8 Pulse Phasers
6 Heavy Fuision Cannons
12 Fusion Cannons

8 AFD II
8 AMD II

Power:

1 Black Hole Generator
4 Fusion Drives

4 Type 20 Tractor Beams
Claoking Device

cargo hold 5000 tonnes

GAL VARON PRIME V - Again earth like and again supports life - this world has been colonised by those of GAL VARRON IV

GAL VARON PRIME VI - Ice world - this world is barren, but has 4 moons that support BIO TECH plants that provide food suppliments for the other worlds

GAL VARON PRIME VIII - Gas Giant the size of Neptune and has over 300 rings, but no moons

GAL VARON PRIME IX - Gas Giant similar to Neptune but has rings of colour similar to Jupiter but the colours are in green and yellow

Helm - course laid in sir

SO - scanning

Comms - we have a signal from 2 Victory Class Destroyers in our vicinity sir they have come to aid us and ask if they can help

No1 - Phew at least we now stand a fighting chance

WO - we have a weapons lock sir

EO - you have full power sir and i have reinforced our shields and boosted our speed sir

No1 - we will need it if we are to survive sir

MC - we are ready sir just give us the word

on screen you close with the Alyssian frigates and they once more open up concentrating on your aft sections, and your weapons open up as do the Alyssians weapons. the battle has now begun in ernest

BATTLE ORDERS

10 shield mounts

24 turret mounts
6x ALYSSIAN Pulse Phaser
4x ALYSSIAN Nova Cannon

14 external mounts

14 additional mounts
ALYSSIAN Ablative Armour

200 tonnes hold

SHE IS A BURNING WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

Fighters 36

Your Ship

Darkling
fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

your speed barley avoids the weapons of one ship and also the other but you still take some damage as the weapons clip your shields

Unread 16 Nov 2003, 16:55   #521
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
*Cid, his arm now a mixture of bruises and one side of his head being banged by a peice of the ceiling, looks at the insides of his bridge, his head now spinning and only one eye able to open. He stutters in his speech for a bit before closing his eyes, a massive frown appearing before opening his one good eye, anger now taking over.*

Cid: They want damage, we give them damage. I want their sheilds GONE!

*Cid stood up, but found only one leg working, flopping down forward, to be caught by his Kosaga, his number one, whom got away with minor bruises. Cid patted Kosaga as he stumbled up, holding Kosaga so he could stand.*

Cid: We have a lock with the Particle Cannon? Then aim for their engines and fire the damned thing! Now! I want to see sparks from them, not us! Reroute the power that would usually go to the tractor beam and relay it towards our sheilds, I want those things recharged before we go up in flames!

*Cid stumbled back to his seat again and sat down, nodding to Kosaga in thanks.*

Cid: Get all medical staff to get the wounded into the medical bays! I want them working to their full efficiency, and some! Send the dead into a seperate cargo hold, when this is all over I want full burials for Each Individual! No-one leaves my vessel without praise for what they have done. This goes double for Reily...

*Cid looks at the blackened stump of what used to be his Science Officer.*

No1: No-one knew more about Kylithium than her... research will be hard without her.
Cid: Tell me about it, Heidagan... I suppose one of her seconders would know about it, pity they are all in the Shraan Sector at the moment. However, without her we have no scans. I want the Engineering Officer to get that panel repaired and a new Science Officer to take Reily's place until we return to either Shraan Sector or Ankaa Space Station.
EO: Working on it, sir.
Cid: Fire the last Cruise Missile once the Particle Cannon has fired! At least we can cause as much damage to them as they have done to us!
WO: Yes, sir.

*Cid grips his head as a migrane began to creep over him. It felt odly wet... He looked at his hand and found it had a small amount of blood on it, but not a substantial amount.*

Cid: Kosaga?
No1: Yes, sir?
Cid: Can you get me a coffee? I'm too injured to move.

By the way love the Rping between you and Urquan

again one post for the both of you

SO - Scanning

System Name - HELL- VANUS

System has been terraformed - the Sun is a Red Giant

Hellvanus I - 3 moons - nearest to the sun - has a high Crystal Content - the source of the "K" readings deposits indicate 1 site with approx 40 tonnes of "K"

Hellvanus II - no moons - barren rock - nout of interest save some strange ruins......

Hellvanus III - Terraformed with 2 moons - this is a jungle world that is teeming with life and there are wrecks in orbit of MANTIS and INSECTID vessels..... but no sign of any INSECTID life.

Hellvanus IV - Gas Giant - no moons size of Neptune

Hellvanus V - Gas Giant 1/2 size of jupiter with 30 moons

Helm - we have some power sir manovering now

Comms - signal from Capt Bogg sir asking if we are ok

No1 - hands you a cup of coffee - Here you go

MD appears on the bridge and begins to tend your wounds, also other medics arrive and begin to do their job

EO - damage control teams are working now sir

No1 - Damn that Devoran Ship, and its only 20 years ol, would hate to see one of the state of the art ships

SO - seems that Capt Bogg has the same idea sir

WO - decides to coincide his fire with that of Capt Boggs ship

Helm - here we go

the sound of the Super weapon is heard and the lights flicker on the bridge causing more panels to spark

then the bright light of the massive energy beam lances out between the void topward the vast ship also along with the combinwed fire of yours and Boggs ship and at the same time Boggs fighters commence an attacking run on the Ship

the ordinary weapons open up once more your two ships versus the DEVORAN ship

BATTLE ORDERS

Damn its a DEVORAN BATTLE CRUISER

Battle Cruiser Omni Hull
80 mounts + 1 engine mount
6500 tonnes hold

Heavy Armour Plating - 1 mount
Colapsium Armoured Hull - 1 mount

DEVORAN Phase Shields - 2 mounts
DEVORAN Energy Shields - 4 mounts
DEVORAN Kinetic Shields - 1 mount

2 DEVORAN Matter Cannons - 20 mounts
6 DEVORAN Pulse Phasers - 30 mounts

Advanced AI Ships Computer - 1 mount
Advanced Tactics Computer - 1 mount
Advanced Engineering Bay - 2 mounts

2 Anti Matter Drives - 2 mounts
Trans Warp Drive - 1 engine mount

forward shield 20%
forward port shield 20%
forward starbaord shield 20%
port shield 60%
starbaord shield 60%
aft port shield 60%
aft starborad shield 60%
aft shield 80%

Serious hull damage
moderate internal damage

80% reduction in weapons power
75% reduction is speed - SHE IS DRIFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
70% loss of engine power

Superweapon power supply is DESTROYED

Your Ships

AK - Amodyte
forward shield 30%
forward port shield 30%
forward starbaord shield 30%
port shield 30%
starbaord shield 30%
aft port shield 30%
aft starborad shield 30%
aft shield 30%

moderate hull damage
moderate interbal damage

25% reduction in weapons power
30% reduction in manovering
50% reduction in scanners

Tractor beam destroyed

65 Dead 89 Injured

Ur Quan - The Frivalous Rainbow
forward shield 55%
forward port shield 55%
forward starbaord shield 55%
port shield 70%
starbaord shield 70%
aft port shield 80%
aft starborad shield 80%
aft shield 80%

60% weapon power
10% reduction in scanners
10% reduction in Speed

Life support damaged

light hull damage
light internal damage

dead 8 injured 36

On Boggs ship

Sparks fly from the burnt out panels on the bridge. girders lie everywhere, you can see the badly injured lying around. You can see the blackend stump that was once the Helm the panel completely gone

you realise that if Helm had not evaded so wildly you would be dead now. as it is you have only sufferd minor wounds and the ship is intact

Both ships

new SO - Sir the Devoran is preparing to SELF DESTRUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as your ships move out of the way she EXPLODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for both of you VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 16 Nov 2003, 16:59   #522
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
Captain Bogg stares at the viewscreen and watches the Amodyte being fried by the Devoran anti-matter cannons. Fiery explosions erupt from the Amodyte and pieces of it are blown off and drift away into space. Bogg has a painful, but non-caring expression on his face while saying out loud: "Man, that's gotta hurt!"

SO: "Captain, the Amodyte has been heavily damaged! Its shields are down to 30%!"
Bogg: "Oh, well, time to get out of here, I suppose."
No1: "What about the Amodyte, captain? Those anti-matter explosions were intended for us. Captain Killer just saved our lives. We can't just leave them here!"
Bogg: "Alison, dear, for your information, we're practicing piracy, not chivalry."
No1: "Exactly!! The 'Space Pirates' Guide to the Galaxy' clearly states that you owe anyone that endangers their own life by saving yours."
Bogg: "Nonsense! There's no such thing as a rulebook for pirates!"
* No1 tosses a small booklet to captain Bogg, who opens it and randomly reads a couple of entries, some while frowning, some with surprise and a few even with mild delight.
Bogg: "Well, book or no book, I am captain Phinneas Bogg. I am a mean viscious pirate and I do not go around saving people. However, I know of someone who can. Wait here while I fetch him."

* Bogg hurries to his private quarters and a few moments later a man walks out. He's wearing black tights and a large buckled belt. A yellow tablecloth that has at one end been tucked into the back of his collar, functions as a cape and over his head he's wearing a black leather mask with a zipper over the mouth. He hurries to the bridge, enters and speaks: "Hmvoergoknmzer". He then unzips his mask and again speaks: "Have no fear! Boggman is here!".

No1: "Captain???"
Boggman: "No, I'm not your captain, I am his heroic friend; Boggman and he sent me here to help you save the day!"
No1: "I see. Well, eh, Boggman, what are your orders?"
* Behind Boggman's back, some of the officers start to giggle, but when he suddenly turns around, his eyes narrowed to small slits and ready to breathe fire, they're all wearing their normal, placid faces.
SO: "Capt... I mean, Boggman, the Amodyte is firing its particle phaser at the enemy ship's engine section and they're launching their last cruise missile."
WO: "Our particle cannon has been fully charged and it's ready to fire!"
Boggman: "Finally! Get a lock on their engines and fire when ready! Order the fighters to target the engine section as well and fire the rest of our weapons too, at the same target."
WO: "Firing now!"
No1: "I've relayed your orders to the wingcommander, Sir."
Boggman: "Very well, but don't call me Sir, it's Boggman."
No1: "Oh right, of course... Boggman."
Boggman: "Commander Redbock, the enemy shields should go down very shortly. I want you to prepare a boarding party to take over the ship. We will need some prisoners."
MC: "Yes captain, we'll begin straight away."

Boggman: "Now, let's see if we can help captain Killer. Engineering, this is the bridge. Is it possible to extend our shields around captain Killer's ship?"
EO: "L'Oven here. It's possible, but we need to be real close and we'll need to adapt to their shield harmonics. Also, it would mean a decrease in our own shielding."
Boggman: "Very well, make it so!"
EO: "Understood!"
Boggman: "Comms inform captain Killer of our intentions and ask him if he requires any additional assistance."
Comms: "Sure thing, Boggman."
Boggman: "Helm, I want you to fly the ship as close to the Amodyte as you can get."
Helm: "Ayaye Boggy!"
Boggman: "Boggman please."
see AK reply

Unread 16 Nov 2003, 17:06   #523
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

more later

Unread 16 Nov 2003, 17:18   #524
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack held tightly as the ship rocked again under the impact of the enemy weaponsfire, then smiled as the first and third frigate where put out of commision in a semi-permanent way*

WO: oh yea, direct hit, that frigate is dead sir

SO: WO is correct sir, the lead frigate has been reduced to a wreck and the third frigate has been crippled.

EO: sir, we've got damage to the engines, we're busy fixing it tough (i'm assuming the 10% loss of maneuverability is due to engine damage as you can see)

me: good, target the second frigate, EO divert some power from the aft shields to the forward shields, they won't survive much longer otherwise, Helm, set us up for a head-on with that second frigate, don't pull out till the last second

EO: i'm on it sir

helm: yes sir, maneuvering for a head-on with the second frigate

WO: let me guess, i'm to fire the weapons at point-blank range, right ?

me: you're right WO, focus all our weapons fire into 1 point on their shields, they appear to be pretty much unarmoured below their shields so if we can punch even a small hole in those shields we're sure to give them a hell of a beating

Unread 16 Nov 2003, 17:23   #525
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Pulling himself up off the ground, Bakan looks at the torn straps on his command chair and starts swearing violently as the medic injects him with morphine.*

Bakan: [homer voice] Hmmmm, Morphine.......[/homer voice]

*Hearing the ship groan, then shudder violently as the engines come back online, Bakan falls and hits his already aching head again.*

Bakan: "OUCH!! Okay, enough of the trippy times, DAMAGE REPORT!!"

Engineering Officer: "Sir, We have moderate hull damage, with a 10% loss in top speed, 5% loss in weapons power, and 35% structural damage to hull. Stress fractures on decks 3 through 7, emergency forcefields are online and holding."

Bakan: "Evaculate all non-essential personal from those decks and sections, and get the Advance Damage Control teams working on the hull from the inside. Status of the [censored] who did this."

No1: "Good news, we managed to take 2 of them out with the aid of flapjack, and they seem to be either captained by idiots or newbies, for they hit each other. Problem is, flapjack's shields are weakening, and ours are following him, while they are relatively intact so to speak."

Bakan: "Damnit..... Helm keep us moving, Engineering, try to restore our shields and weapons power, reroute power from a fusion drive if needed."

*Stumbling to his chair, Bakan grumbles as he tears off the remains of the straps and sits down as the ship shudders slightly. Looking at the stations, he sees the Science Officer, feeding sensor data to everyone, then smiles.*

Bakan: "Science Officer, do we still have those probes?"

SO: "Yes sir, why?"

Bakan: "Good, I want you to launch them at all the planets in this system, however, encode a message to the fleet in orbit of GAL VARON PRIME IV , requesting assistance. I want every probe doing this, and have them continue to feed telementry to us. I want you to have a complete status update as of now."

SO: "Aye sir, configuring probes."

Bakan: "Also have them scan for anything unusual."

SO: "Okay, working on it."

Bakan: "Tatical, let's switch tatics. Coordinate with captain flapjack's weapons office, have us target the same shield grid on the same ship, let's see if between the two of us we can overload it and punch through."

Tatical: "Okay, it will be tricky."

Bakan: "I'm sure you can do it, Helm, keep them away from our aft end, at worst besides dodging them, if you can't help it have them aft starboard shield or fore starboard shield, those two can take the punishement for now. Actually, in addition to that engineering, try to stabilize the shields, with extra power being routed aft."

Helm: "Manuvering sir, this will be tricky."

Tatical: "Just keep her in one piece. Sir, which frigate should we target."

Science Officer: "Sir, flapjack as already acted, she's moving in a head-run attack, looks like she just emptied her weapons bank into one point on the second frigates shields."

Bakan: "Change of plans, target frigate #2 also, same shield grid that flapjack attacked, let's see if we can also punch through."

Helm: "Hang on, manuvering."

*Grabbing the control sticks again, the Dune Rider banks and weaves as the Helm Officer works on manuvering her into position while avoiding enemy fire.*

Helm: "In position, however we will be flying right over flapjack's vessel. I hope he dosen't pull up."

No1: "Oh my...... COLLISION ALARM!!"

*Again, the blue lights start flashing and crewmembers hang on in the event of a collision.*

Tatical: "I have the shield grid targetted, FIRING ALL WEAPONS, point blank range also!!!"

Helm: "Pulling up and away."

Science Officer: "Probes recalibrated."

Bakan: "Good, launch the probes."

Tatical Officer: "Sir, those fighters may go after the probes."

Bakan: "Hmm, Tatical, activate the tractor beam, make it as wide as possible, see about catching as many fighters as you can with it."

Tatical Officer: "Sir...."

*Bakan then smiles evily.*

Bakan: "Then take them for a ride, as in keep them with us, letting the Anti-Fighter Defences have a field day, hell let the Anti-Missile Defences also take some out. And if you could be so kind, smash them into one of the frigates please."

*Smiling evily also, the tatical officer nods and hits the keys, activating the tractor beam, widening it so that it catches several fighters, then plays with the beam so that they are drawn to one of the frigates, while being torn apart by the Dune Rider Anti-Fighter Defences and Anti-Missile Defences.*

Bakan: "Helm, I notice we are passing near another frigate. On my mark I want you to roll us about..."

*Bakan quickly checks the tatical display.*

Bakan: "193 degrees. Tatical, for every fighter we catch with our tractor beams and destroy, snag another."

Helm: "Ready sir. We are passing the frigate on our starboard side."

Bakan: "ROLL!!"

*The helm officer complies, and the Dune Rider rotates. The captured fighters, which were on the port side are pulled along until they hit the frigate, and make very nice grooovyyyy [Hey, Bakan's still trippy] explosions against the frigate.*

Engineering: "Sir, power feedback from the explosions, tractor beam cut itself out before it caused any damage, but we should have it back up shortly."

Bakan: "Groovy EO, Science Officer, now that hopefuelly the spacelanes are clear for a minute before bright flashes of light that are weapons fire come towards us, and we are facing the planets, launch those probes."

Science Officer: "Probes launched sir. 1 per planet, all transmissing the signal requesting assistance."

Bakan: "Good, Helm move us back into the battle, cover flapjacks ship as much as possible. Tatical, coordinate with him on the next target."

Science Officer: "Sir, before we lost telementry, I detected another ship, it appears to be lt.cmdr toejam's ship, she's just sitting there."

Bakan: "Hmmm, have some marines get into the shuttles, if her crew is gone maybe we can borrow the ship and use it to our advantage, or at the very least get him into the fight."

No1: "Ordering troop deployment now."

Communications Officer: "Still trying to cut through the jamming. Lossing contact with the probes."

Bakan: "To be expected, let's hope they are able to do their job. Oh finally, start looking up the location for a good dentist here, maybe some gold teeth. Oh yeah, Comm, see if you can find which ship is causing the jamming."

Medical Officer: "Sir, I can do that dental repair."

Bakan: "Okay, later. I want you to get all wounded into the medical bays now. The dead should go into a seperate cargo bay for now, we will hold funerals for them after we are done with this.

Last edited by Bakan; 16 Nov 2003 at 18:05.
Unread 16 Nov 2003, 18:15   #526
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mission 2

1 - Lt Comm Flapjack
2 - Lt Comm Bakan
3 - Lt Comm Darkling
4 - Lt Comm Toejam

GAL VARON PRIME

has 3 moons

Victory Class Destroyer

Weapons:

1 Particle Cannon
8 Pulse Phasers
6 Heavy Fuision Cannons
12 Fusion Cannons

8 AFD II
8 AMD II

Power:

1 Black Hole Generator
4 Fusion Drives

4 Type 20 Tractor Beams
Claoking Device

cargo hold 5000 tonnes

SO - scanning

Comms - we have a signal from 2 Victory Class Destroyers in our vicinity sir they have come to aid us and ask if they can help

No1 - Phew at least we now stand a fighting chance

EO - you have full power sir and i have reinforced our shields and boosted our speed sir

No1 - we will need it if we are to survive sir

MC - we are ready sir just give us the word

BATTLE ORDERS

10 shield mounts

24 turret mounts
6x ALYSSIAN Pulse Phaser
4x ALYSSIAN Nova Cannon

14 external mounts

14 additional mounts
ALYSSIAN Ablative Armour

200 tonnes hold

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

Fighters 36

Your Ship

Darkling
fowrard shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 85%
starbaord shield 85%

your speed barley avoids the weapons of one ship and also the other but you still take some damage as the weapons clip your shields
With lightning relxes pulls across the safety belt built into his command chair, his figner tapping at the cotrnol altering the view on screen
"Communcations tell those destoryers that we are mvoing forward any damage being infilcted on that cube, strees to them we have a crew trying to reive the cube to further aid us"
A moaning sound ehcoes along the hull as the weapon firer from the enmy crusiers brush along the sheilds. Letting of a mild curse
"Curse be their souls for all eternity"
Releasing the baording hatch from the cube the Black Rose shudders under the pressure, a flare of its engines sneding it driving forward to ggreet the enemy ships.
"Helm keep changing our postions once we fire, weapons concetrate emp blast at their forward sheilds. Communcations hail the destroyers I want one them to cover us, splitting their fighters into two squads. Informa the furthest destoyer with due haste flank the right crusier whislt we deal with the left one using half of squadron from the otehr one as extra cover."
Bellwoing orders with no room for error now, a stern look within his eyes, one of buring hatred as eveeryone is to busy to reply as the Black Rose walzes through space like a madmam possed

Helm - "Sir ive plotted our coruse to follow a random heading, diverting our some of the energy reserves for greater manuvrabilty"

Weapons - "The EMP wont last long before they burn out if their kept at this power level, whatevr you plan to do I hope it happens"

A nervous quiver dancing across the mans lips

"Not to worry if we dont do this we are dead anyway, helm keep our coruse random but staying to the center of the two ship, our ultimate aim is to be able to get between them. No 1 organise the boarding and repeling parties just in case, with roder to kill on sight"

No 1 "Its being done as we speak sir, ill go check on them now"

The tapping of the officers boots on metal as he hurries of the bridge, a dogmatic determination buring within everyone now, failure will come on the wings of death otherwise. Carter surveys the makeshift looking crew with a hint of admiration, finding his memeories wander to his once ambitious self when life didnt seem so complicated quickly nsapped out the daze by a shuddering of the hull

Engineering - "They just grazed our sheilds this time"

"Well we shall apy them back ten fold for such an insult"
Follwoed by sly grin
"Communications order the lead destoyer (one trailing the Black rose) to concentrate their fire at the front whsilt amiming cluster missles at the turrets, and whsilt sending orders to fire clusters at clsoe range once they have weakned the Alyssian sheilds."

Communications - "Transmitting now sir"

Overview -
Delatched from the cube ship, and heading on a randomly plotted course between the two Alyssian frigates. Using the lead destoyer as a distraction keeping behind the Black rose, meawhile the second desroyer tries to outflank the frigates using half the fighters from lead as wellas its own for more cover, with aim of taking down the frigates sheilds to fire missles at close range to force them to divert power in order to protect that flank.

Whislt this is happening the Black Rose is firing contious EMP burst at both frigates mainly aiming for forward and starboard and port sides. This is to use the speed of the Black Rose and distract the turret fire to better aid the fighters and destoyers, as well as perhaps gain opertunity to board the ships, perhaps. Not forgeting covering the team n baord the cube ship as well so protecting their own itnrest miore than anyhting else.

p.s. i types cruisers in reply above without relasing it instead of frigates so apolagise for that.
Unread 17 Nov 2003, 01:15   #527
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Quote:

again one post for the both of you

SO - Scanning

System Name - HELL- VANUS

System has been terraformed - the Sun is a Red Giant

Hellvanus I - 3 moons - nearest to the sun - has a high Crystal Content - the source of the "K" readings deposits indicate 1 site with approx 40 tonnes of "K"

Hellvanus II - no moons - barren rock - nout of interest save some strange ruins......

Hellvanus III - Terraformed with 2 moons - this is a jungle world that is teeming with life and there are wrecks in orbit of MANTIS and INSECTID vessels..... but no sign of any INSECTID life.

Hellvanus IV - Gas Giant - no moons size of Neptune

Hellvanus V - Gas Giant 1/2 size of jupiter with 30 moons

Helm - we have some power sir manovering now

Comms - signal from Capt Bogg sir asking if we are ok

No1 - hands you a cup of coffee - Here you go

MD appears on the bridge and begins to tend your wounds, also other medics arrive and begin to do their job

EO - damage control teams are working now sir

No1 - Damn that Devoran Ship, and its only 20 years ol, would hate to see one of the state of the art ships

SO - seems that Capt Bogg has the same idea sir

WO - decides to coincide his fire with that of Capt Boggs ship

Helm - here we go

the sound of the Super weapon is heard and the lights flicker on the bridge causing more panels to spark

then the bright light of the massive energy beam lances out between the void topward the vast ship also along with the combinwed fire of yours and Boggs ship and at the same time Boggs fighters commence an attacking run on the Ship

the ordinary weapons open up once more your two ships versus the DEVORAN ship

BATTLE ORDERS

Damn its a DEVORAN BATTLE CRUISER

Battle Cruiser Omni Hull
80 mounts + 1 engine mount
6500 tonnes hold

Colapsium Armoured Hull - 1 mount

DEVORAN Phase Shields - 2 mounts
DEVORAN Energy Shields - 4 mounts
DEVORAN Kinetic Shields - 1 mount

2 DEVORAN Matter Cannons - 20 mounts
6 DEVORAN Pulse Phasers - 30 mounts

Advanced AI Ships Computer - 1 mount
Advanced Tactics Computer - 1 mount
Advanced Engineering Bay - 2 mounts

2 Anti Matter Drives - 2 mounts
Trans Warp Drive - 1 engine mount

forward shield 20%
forward port shield 20%
forward starbaord shield 20%
port shield 60%
starbaord shield 60%
aft port shield 60%
aft starborad shield 60%
aft shield 80%

Serious hull damage
moderate internal damage

80% reduction in weapons power
75% reduction is speed - SHE IS DRIFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
70% loss of engine power

Superweapon power supply is DESTROYED

Your Ships

AK - Amodyte
forward shield 30%
forward port shield 30%
forward starbaord shield 30%
port shield 30%
starbaord shield 30%
aft port shield 30%
aft starborad shield 30%
aft shield 30%

moderate hull damage
moderate interbal damage

25% reduction in weapons power
30% reduction in manovering
50% reduction in scanners

Tractor beam destroyed

65 Dead 89 Injured

Ur Quan - The Frivalous Rainbow
forward shield 55%
forward port shield 55%
forward starbaord shield 55%
port shield 70%
starbaord shield 70%
aft port shield 80%
aft starborad shield 80%
aft shield 80%

60% weapon power
10% reduction in scanners
10% reduction in Speed

Life support damaged

light hull damage
light internal damage

dead 8 injured 36

On Boggs ship

Sparks fly from the burnt out panels on the bridge. girders lie everywhere, you can see the badly injured lying around. You can see the blackend stump that was once the Helm the panel completely gone

you realise that if Helm had not evaded so wildly you would be dead now. as it is you have only sufferd minor wounds and the ship is intact

Both ships

new SO - Sir the Devoran is preparing to SELF DESTRUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as your ships move out of the way she EXPLODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for both of you VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Cid looks out with his one good eye as the ship explodes, a grim smile appearing on his bruised lips.*

Cid: So much for salvage... Ow, careful with that thing!
MD: I am sorry, sir, but your arm is, more or less, unusable. Now, brace yourself...

*Yanal Tan, Cid's MD, had a strange nack with not giving people pain releivers. Cid, of all people, knew that they reduced thinking ability, but why do it on everyone? Even during times when the mind wouldn't need much thinking. However, Cid was impressed with his new arm support. Although arm braces looked awful, Shraanian ones looked like painful gauntlets. His father and grandfather had them before they even commanded ships, but Cid was quicker in rising rank and staying away from danger. Then came the eyepatch and then a leg-brace. Although his arm looked good, his leg could only be moved straight. But, throughout the bridge, all that could be heard was:*

Cid: AAAHHH! THAT HURTS!! STOP, NO, AAAAHHHH!

*Many minutes passed, Cid was still sitting down, the look of pain crossing his face.*

Cid: Remind me, which planet has the Kylithium?
SO: Hellvanus I, sir. The one nearest the sun.
Cid: Right, first priority is retreiving all the resources from that planet. Second priority is taking those C'raaskian wrecks over Hellvanus III. The mantis ships will be our thrid priority. Open a schimatic of one of those C'raaskian vessels.

*A picture appeared in front of him, one of the Insectid wrecks of Hellvanus III. It was on old vessel, battered a little... but it seemed strange to have no life in them.*

Cid: Okay... Here's what we will do... We will take any usable ships as our own, the mantis ships are a possibility. However, the C'raaskian ships are to be stripped of anything useful and then destroyed outright. The last thing we want his those darned Insectids to come in and retreive them as their own once more.
No1: I will relay the orders to the rest of the crew.

*Cid took a sip out of his coffee, to which by now had gone cold.*

Cid: Okay, now... one our travels to Hellvanus I, we have our burials. All unidentifiable we place inside a single memorial, with the names of those that died and unidentified written to one side.
No1: Yes, sir.
Cid: All injured crew are to report to the medical station imediatly if they have not done so already or have not had themselves checked on. If they refuse because of Dr. Tan's antics, then you are to tell them that it is a direct order.
No1: Don't you think that is a little harsh, sir?
Cid: I will not have inefficient crew hurting themselves more just because they wont take a little pain. I am sure the crew can cover the rest of the ship during the time that the injured are resting. Make it happen, Kosaga.

*Cid sighed as he took great pains in standing up, using his one good leg to slid to one side in order for his other leg to balance himself as he was upright. He hobbled and limped to the front veiwport and then stared out carefully, hands behind his back and a great frown stood upon him. His people's tradition in burials had been very strict when the Insectids became their major concern. The dead were either dumped into outer space and shot down, or they were buried in a seperate area within the ship. Cid never liked the idea of shooting his people, so they all remained on the ship, and will always remain a part of the ship.*

Cid: Helm, set course for Hellvanus III, we'll take a look at those ships first.
Helm: Setting course now, sir.
Cid: Engineering, I want the tractor beam a primary objective in repairing. If it is beyond repair, then I want the internal damage of this vessel to be less dangerous to walk past.
EO: I will try, sir.
Cid: I want all Medical Staff working on either collecting the dead into the Memorial Deck or healing the wounded.
MD: We are working as best as we can, sir.
Cid: I know. No1, I want you to make sure all the wounded are healed or are on their way to being so.
Cid: Science, I want positive locations on drop-points for us to collect Kylithium or, if we need to mine it, possible areas for us to set up a base within this region as well as positve scans on those wrecks.
SO: All in one or seperate times, sir?
Cid: Don't try to be smart. Same time, if you can. Weapons, I want our weapon efficiency back to 100%, and take a few breaks, you deserve it.
WO: Thank you, sir.
Cid: I want all fighters back to their respectful places, but keep all pilots ready. We don't know what will greet us at Hellvanus III.
WC: Yes, sir.
Cid: That goes as well as the marines, I want them ready to drop onto a wreck that we can take asap.
MC: I will tell them, sir.
Cid: Finally, Communications... give me a link to the Rainbow

*Cid waited their as a small section of the veiwport ahead of him turned into a scene that, witch great difficulty, made his eyebrow raise. Boggman, in what seemed to be full glory, stood their facing him. Something nagged in the back of his mind, and it read: Nutter.*

Cid: Erm... Right... This is Cid Killer of the Adomyte, I would first like to thank you for the great effort you have made to help the Shraanian People. However our job here is not done until we get what we came for. The Devorian ship may be useless at this point, but I present you with another option. Mantis and Insectid wrecks are hovering over Hellvanus III, however I will only accept you to take actions upon the Mantis ones. The Insectid wrecks are our problem and we ask that it stays that way. However I would like to say that we will give you half of the bonus we receive from doing this particular job and the cut of Kylithium we promised. However, due to Kylithium's nature, we can only provide you with one tonne of Kylithium out of forty. But this does mean that what we produce, you may still gain the cut, but only if buying in Shraanian Space. When our task here is done, I may have to stay... however you may go as you please once our... contract has finished.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 17 Nov 2003, 19:50   #528
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
SOLO - Damnit, this looks too hot to dance.

SO - Aye, those readings are correct.

WO - We can take them, perhaps, with our mines... But that's risky, eh.

SOLO - Aye, Comms, ready the signal.

Comms, looking at Fluffie - Sir, ready?

Fluffie himself stares at the screen for a bit and sighs. He looks around his bridge crew, seeing that everyone kind of thinks the same thoughts. Thoughts telling them they had better run, if they wanted to see the light of another day, again.

But, Fluffie had some thoughts inside his head, thoughts of glory and thoughts of cunning plans - thoughts that wouldn't depart that easily.

Run... Or have fun. Have fun, or run.

"Helm, ignore the following order about to be spread by Comms.

Comms, try to keep the signal for us only, we don't need the FEDERATION dogs hearing it. Have all ships jump out, outside of the federations' scanning range. Further orders will follow."

Comms - Sir, sending signal.

"Now, MC, prepare all our troops for boarding actions. Only the SSS and SET will be used if we actually make a move - SSS to quickly move out, neutralize resistance and occupy key positions. SET is to hack into the ship's systems as fast as possible to deny the crew access or control and to give us the controls. Listen to the other orders I'm giving as well, they'll provide you with more info on your mission.

WO shut down all weapons, but keep ready to deploy bombs and..or mines. Our weapons won't be of much use anyway, the bombs and cobalt mines might come in handy, very handy, though.

FC/WC - Keep our Angel at the ready. I don't know if we'll have an use for it, but who knows...

EO, keep your ADCT on the cloaking device, as well do I want you to keep a seperate IMPULSE ENGINE on it, the other can still be used for the rest of the ship. Keep our slipstream drive ready at all times in case we need to make a quick departure.

SO, keep an eye on the enemy, tell me if they're about to make a move, or if they look like they will. Also keep an eye on their shields, if they drop I want to know. Right away, preferably before they know.

Now, Helm... Take us in as close as you can to one of those cruisers, near its hangar. Try and keep undetected, keep an escape course as well as a jump coordinate ready, though. As soon as the cruiser's shields drop, take us into its hangar and get close enough to the floor so we can jump out with guns blazing to take over the enemy ship.

WO, if SO says we're detected, immidiately deploy one of our COBALT MINES, preferable as close to the FEDS as possible. Keep it on remote control though.

Comms, if we actually do deploy one of those mines, inform our foes of it and say we won't hesitate to use it, or deploy any others.

Now, you lot, make me proud. Please?"
No1 - Well we have enemies in the Kipire why not the Federation now

Comms - message sir (see prev posts with what hs happened)

All your crew is silent as this news sinks in .... WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No1 - well that means that we now have legitamet targets sir and we may get away scott free

EO - we could paint our ships in CSC or KIPIRE colours and take advantage of the situation sir

MC - aye sir we are ready

SSSC - aye sir wilco

Comms - signal sent to fleet sir

on screen your ships follow their orders and jump out

your ship remains cloaked as you try to manover near to the Carrier

SO - sir two of the ships are powering jump drives

EO - shit

the Carrier and one of the cruisers jumps out some time later

No1 - now we have more opportunity sir

SO - Sir they are scanning using high power frequancy they are looking for claoked ships sir

No1 - if we call the other ships back we can take this ship sir

2 x Hades Class Medium Cruiser

8 shield mounts
2x Kinetic Sheilds
Energy Sheilds
Phase Shields

20 turret mounts
3x Fusion Cannons
2x Nova Cannon
10x Gatling Laser

14 external mounts
4x Quantam Torpedoes Launcher
20x Polaris class (drones)

20 additional mounts
Heavy Deutrium Armoured Hull
3x Ram Scoop/Hydrogen Drive
Cloaking Device
Advavced Engineering Bay
Deflector Dish
Advanced Tactics Computer
5x Gun Boat

3000 tonnes hold
Black Hole Generator

---

1 x ABYSS class Medium Carrier

2 shield mounts
Medium Plasma Sheilds

6 turrent mounts
4x Battle Laser
4x Laser Cannon

12 external mounts
12x Nebulae Class Heavy Fighter

12 additional mounts
Heavy Armour Plating
1x Ion Drive
8x Nebulae Class Heavy Fighter
Sensor Array

40 fighters of medium class = 40x Hawk Class Medium Fighter

12250 tonnes hold
Warp Drive

Unread 17 Nov 2003, 20:19   #529
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
“Damn it sir that last power surge almost took out the engines. Things are a right mess down here.” The Engineering Officer reported via Mind Link a few minutes later, prompting a grimace from Julian.

Well then, instead of trying to fix the engines, work on getting those power surges under control. The last thing we fricking need is for a power surge to trigger off a quantum torpedo while its still locked in its berth, or for our weapons to randomly fire, taking out one of our “allies”.

Damn monkeys interfering with my beautiful insides . . .

Images of chimpanzees armed with sharpened sticks suddenly appear in Julian’s head, and they rather realistically begin to cut him open and start poking his innards with the sharp points of the sticks.

OWWWW!! D*mn it Kali, would you stop putting images in my head!!

Well, would you stop poking around in my engines like a bunch of primitive cavemen playing with an automobile? I could do a better job repairing myself than your Engineering Officer, and I don’t even have any hands!!

“Hey! If you want my job, you computerized b*tch, you can have it!” The Engineering Officer retorted, and then swore as he undoubtedly found yet another problem down in the engine room.

“We have some major damage down here sir and it will take about 3 hours to repair. As for those power surges, I think we have most of them under control, and will begin to feed energy back into the shields and weapons as per your request.”

“Scanners are now on line.” The Science Officer reported, and immediately begins to conduct an analysis of the surrounding solar system and the mysterious Guardian ship.

“Hoorah! Weapons are on line sir. Charging Chrono Weapons now.” The Weapons Officer reported with a content smile.

A yeoman then arrived on the Bridge, baring a large tray with several coffee cups and a large thermos.

“Coffee, sir?” She asked, first walking up to Julian’s command chair.

Why, certainly.

Julian gratefully accepted the coffee, and began to sip it slowly, allowing the hot brew to sooth his foul mood while the repairs on his ship were completed, piece by piece.
“Er sir . . . I have indications down here that we’re about to have one last power surge . . . and it’s gonna be a big one. I can’t stop it, not quickly enough. Best brace yourselves . . .” The Engineering Officer suddenly reported, ruining the rising spirits on the bridge.

Shit . . . . .

Julian felt Kali’s presence leave the Mind Link, but there were many other worries on his mind at the moment, namely trying to keep his ship in one piece.

Alright, let’s try to minimize the effects of the power surge. Start shutting down all of the bridge consoles . . . with any luck that will stop them from overloading. Comms Officer, send a quick message throughout the ship letting everyone know they need to brace themselves for one last power surge . . .

One of the consoles at the Science Officer’s station suddenly lit up brightly, and a high pitched drone was heard as the oblivious Science Officer actually boosted power to the console from the Secondary Power sources.

Science Officer!! What the H*LL are you doing?

“Umm . . . I was boosting power to the scanners, but I didn’t think I boosted it that much . . . must have been the power surge.”

Science Officer, consider yourself –

“Sir . . . Engineering here. That last power surge just went off as I warned, and somehow it activated the Chrono Engine. I don’t know what the effects were, but apparently that last power surge triggered it, and gave it enough power to fire.”

Adding to the bad news as usually, the Science Officer spoke up with a cough. “Sir . . . I do not recognize the Star Systems . . . they are wrong. It would appear we are still in the same solar system, although the planetary orbits are all wrong . . . we could have jumped backward and forward in time . . . and I have no clue which. The Guardian is still out there however.”

“Well, at least the time jump hasn’t effected any of our medical equipment. I have dispatched a team to Engineering and other teams to areas of the ship with wounded sir.” The Medical Officer suddenly chimed in, giving Julian at least one piece of good news in an otherwise fubared situation.

Kali’s presence suddenly returned to the Mind Link, and Julian felt somewhat better now that he knew the power surge hadn’t blown out Kali’s memory boards, at least.

Julian, we have time jumped into the future, this is indeed the Wormhole system that we were told about years ago. But it is now years in the future . . . roughly twenty-five years, give or take a few days.

Oh? And how do you know that?

Well, first I calculated Galactic Drift, then I added the sum of Planetary Orbital Rotation to the Rhineburg Constant, and . . .

Kali . . .

Actually, I just analyzed the readings from the Chrono Engine. I am the computer of a Time Ship, ya know.

Ok, fine . . . we’re twenty-five years in the future, and the Guardian is still here. Looks like our previous “allies” didn’t make it.

“Ahem . . . actually, sir . . . we have 3 other ships nearby.”

“Receiving a signal from one of those three ships, sir. Apparently this ship is commanded by a Captain Zappa, just like the previous ship.”

Oh really? What a coincidence. . . Julian though, raising the coffee cup to his lips for another sip, and hoping that it hadn’t gotten cold over the past twenty-five years.

That’s his daughter.

Kali’s comment caught Julian off-guard, and startled him so much that his grip on the coffee cup faltered, spilling some of it onto his lap. A moment later Julian got his answer as to how hot the coffee was, as it gave him 3rd degree burns on his legs.

OWWWWW!!! AHHHHH!! IT BURNS, IT BURNS!!!

Julian screamed mentally, the pain overriding his normally calm and calculating manner. He leaps up, throwing the now empty coffee cup away from him, but unfortunately the floor in front of his command chair was now covered with slippery coffee, and the sudden motion of standing up was too much for his sense of balance to cope with. Julian fell forward, and it was only his quick reflexes that saved him from a broken nose as he flung his hands out to stop his fall. Unfortunately, once again Julian’s sense of timing and balance was off, causing him to land awkwardly on one of his arms, and the bones in that arm did what they were designed to do: break to dissipate some of the impact.

Julian’s bad luck was not over, however, for the sudden breakage of his arm in two places caused Julian to continue his fall to the floor, cracking his head off of the floor anyway. Even worse, one of Julian’s feet somehow managed to get caught on his command chair, causing him to break a leg in the disastrous fall as well.

“Oh my god . . .” One of the bridge crew whispered, and made his way down to Julian’s broken body.

“Somebody get a medical officer up here immediately!! MMMMMEEEEDDDDIIICCCC!!” This same bridge crewman said through the Mind Link as he came to crouch down next to Julian.

“Don’t try to move sir, help is on the way.”

“Sir, I’ve opened a channel to Captain Zappa’s ship. I assume you have something to say to them in response to their hails?”

Julian did indeed have something to say, and he certainly said them, and in order. He had no idea what the crew on board the other ship thought, nor Captain Zappa, but he was sure the average spaceway sailor would be impressed with his litany of every swear word and obscenity that Julian had learned over the years, as well as more than a few that he spontaneously made up.

The recitation of obscenities helped clear Julian’s mind of the pain, at least momentarily, and he was able to grate out between clenched teeth,

“Greetings . . . to you too . . . Miss Zappa. Since you . . . seem to know me, you (gasp) have me at a . . . disadvantage. Nonetheless, we have a (wince) common enemy in that . . . Guardian. I’d be . . . honored to fight at your side.”

With his remaining good arm, Julian weakly signaled for the Comms Officer to cut the channel, and the crewman kneeling beside him relayed that to the Comms Officer.

Julian then leaned back, and tried to relax despite the pain continuing to flood into his brain. Julian gradually felt his mental link with the crew gradually weaken, and his first explanation for this was that he was dying. He began to panic, attempting to push himself up with his good hand despite the crewman’s attempts to restrain him.

JULIAN!! Relax, I’m simply disconnecting you from the Mind Link so that your pain doesn’t pollute the Link and degrade the abilities of the rest of the crew.

Oh . . . well, thanks, I guess. You could have told me that before doing it.

And have you override me so that you could stay connected? Not a chance. To me, it looks like you’re out of commission for awhile.

Bullsh*t. I’ve been worse.

I’m sure you have, but then you’ve never had me around to take command before, either. Ah, here’s the Medical Officer.

At this, Julian twisted his head around as best he could, and saw the clean black boots and white pants of a Ship’s Medic approaching. The Medic knelt down beside Julian, and quickly examined his injuries. The Medic began to dig around in his equipment kit, and pulled out a hypo-syringe.

“Alright sir, my name is Ensign Mallory. You’re in pretty bad shape, and I’m not so sure moving you right now is a good idea, at least not until more medical personnel arrive. A medical gurney should be here in a couple minutes, and then we’ll move you down to the medical bay for treatment. For now, however, I’m just going to give you a shot for the pain. This may sting a bit . . .”

The Ensign then pressed the small machine against Julian’s neck, and activated it. The injection of painkiller felt like pure fire in the veins of Julian’s neck, and he bit down on his lower lip in an attempt to not scream. He was only partially successful, as a pained grunt emerged from his throat. The fire quickly changed to an icy cold, however, and Julian felt the pain slowly begin to lessen throughout his body. His mind now fairly clear of pain, Julian began to make plans on how to deal with the robotic guardian of the system.

Unable to communicate via the Mind Link now that Kali had disconnected him, Julian opened his mouth to speak.

“Thank you, Ensign. That helped decrease the pain significantly. Do you think you can help me sit up, at least, until the gurney gets here? Also, we’re about to enter into battle, so I think it would be best if I were to remain on the bridge for the duration. I can’t command from the Medical Bay, so until the threat of that Guardian to this ship has ended, I’m staying right here, and – “

“Alright, hold it right there!” The normally soft voice of Kali snapped from the speakers as a hologram of her, arms crossed, appeared next to Julian. Arms crossed, she glared down at him and the medical ensign, and the hologram seemed to enlarge until Kali towered over the two of them.

“There is no way you are fit to command, Julian. And since I am the endangered ship in question, I believe I’m more fit to make decisions in this situation than you.”

Julian sputtered from a few moments, and then began to attempt to push himself up with his remaining good arm again.

“Now see here, you batch of fried circuits . . .”

Kali appeared to ignore Julian, as she then turned her gaze towards the ensign, who seemed to cringe in response.

“Now then, Ensign Mallory, you will give Captain Pierce another injection to keep him calm until the medical gurney arrives. If he keeps flopping around like a fish looking for a puddle, as he is now, he’ll probably hurt himself even more.”

“Well . . . I suppose he would.” Ensign Mallory said thoughtfully, looking at Julian as he continued to sputter and try to push himself up into a sitting position.

“So, what do you have that could make our good captain nice and happy for a few hours, so he doesn’t have to worry about things like Guardians & broken limbs.”

“Well . . . I do have a hypo-syringe full of morphine . . .”

“W-what!!? No, you aren’t doing anything, and I’m staying right here –“

“Do it, Ensign . . . although are you sure that won’t dangerously mix with the previous painkillers?”

“Nope . . . he’ll be fine. And quite happy to boot.”

“Th-this is ridiculous!! Ensign, you will do no such –“

The hypo-syringe jabbed into Julian’s neck once more, and a glowing warmth spread through his body.

Treachery! Mutiness! I’ll remember this the next time you need some time in dry dock!

Yeah, I’m sure you will . . . and I expect the supreme treatment.

Julian suddenly felt as if a great weight had been taken off of his chest, and he grinned up at Kali and Ensign Mallory.

“I love you guys. Mally, you can give me a shot anytime . . . you should be chief medical officer for this ship!”

“Uhh . . . yeah, thanks Captain.”

Kali shook her head, and walked over to the command chair. The hologram blinked for a moment, and then reappeared in a sitting pose on the command chair.

“Now then, Comms Officer, send a transmission to the other ships, saying that Captain Pierce is indisposed due to injuries. In his place, Commander Kali has taken command of the Kronos.”

The sitting hologram of Kali then turned to face the normal first officer. “You don’t have a problem with that, do you?”

“N-no ma’am . . . I mean, Commander Kali.”

“Good. Engineering Officer, how are those repairs coming, and what is the status of the Chrono Weapons?”

“I still need another two hours to repair the FTL drives, and the Chrono weapons are at 75%.”

“Good. Comms Officer, send a message to the other captains, informing them that our main weapons are nearing completion for charging, and in another few minutes we’ll be ready to take on that ship.”

“Aye, ma’am.” The Comms Officer replied.

"Also, send messages to all allied ships that we should attempt to surround the Guardian and come at it from all directions . . . with any luck, most of its weapons will be forward-mounted so it can only shoot at one of us at a time. Engineering Officer, I don’t care how you get the power, but I need those Chrono Weapons charged now. Take power from wherever you can get it, except the shields, sub-light engines, and life support. Also, transfer 50% power from every other shield quadrant into the forward shields. We’re going to need that extra reinforcement on our first pass. Once we’re past the Guardian, re-balance the remaining shield power to keep all of our shields quadrants at equal levels. Helm, set a course for the Guardian, and be prepared to go on my mark. Science Officer, I want every piece of information you can get me on that Guardian . . . feed any data on weak points or critical areas to the Weapons Officer. Weapons Officer, I want you to target one of those Quantum Cannons on the Guardian ship.”

“I can’t get a lock onto those weapons, ma’am, at least not from this distance.”

“Well then, hold your fire until we’re close enough for a better lock.”

“Yes ma’am!”

Flight Officer?

Yes, Kali?

I need you and your pilots to stand by at the remote consoles for the satellites. We’re probably going to be launching them once we close with the Guardian so it has more to shoot at.

My pilots and I will be ready to launch the satellites and begin firing on your command, ma’am.

Good.

“Alright, I think I’ve taken care of everything . . . inform our "allies" that we're ready to begin the attack.”

Orders

Helm – Plot a course for the Guardian

Weapons Officer – Target one of the Quantum Cannons on the Guardian

Engineering Officer – Reinforce the forward shields by draining power from the other quadrants, and continue charging super weapons.

Comms Officer – Inform the other ship captains that they should attempt to join the Kronos in encircling the Guardian and attacking it from all directions

Flight Officer – Have pilots stand by at the remote control consoles for the Mark V satellites

song playing in background - ....Sucide is Painless........

Mission 5

1 - Lt Comm Hewitt
2 - Lt Comm Inspectre
3 - Lt Comm Nightrain
4 - Lt Comm Zappa

hey guess what - yup you lot only get one post to (yes what a mean woman i am)

Planetary system 1 light year away

orbiting a dieing Neutron Star.

8 planets....

STEPPING STONE 2

planet I - small dirt ball - not much interest - 3 moons - heavy mineral deposits

planet II - small barren rock

planet III - Earth like - remenants of a Tech Level XVII civalisation - 3 moons and an UKNKOWN SHIP.......

planet IV - Water World - earth like - 2 moons

planet V - Gas Giant - 146 moons

planet VI - Gas Giant - planatery rings - rotates on its side - 3 large earth sized moons

planet VII - Ice Ball

planet VIII - Ice ball

Conformation of WORMHOLE near planet VI

Scanning Ship

No known data

Ships AI Indicates could be a GAURDIAN CLASS type ship

Hewitt - engine damage reduction in power 25% - time to repair 3 hours

Inspectre - engine damage reduction in power 25% - time to repair 2 hours

Nightrain - engine damage reduction in power 25% - time to repair 3 hours

Zappa - engine damage reduction in power 25% - time to repair 2 hours

Ship Name: GAURDIAN

Ship Class:
Cruiser - (FREE HULL (Shadow Bonus))
10 shield mounts (All Used)
20 turret mounts (All Used)
24 external mounts (11 Unused)
24 additional mounts (All Used)
5000 tonnes cargo hold (61 Tonnes in use)

Engines:
2x Impulse Drive – 1 Add
Shadow Jump Drive – FREE. 6 Add.

Armour/Shields:
Colapsium Armoured Hull – 20,000C, 1 Add
1x Energy Shields – 5,000C, 4 Shield Mounts
3x Shadow Shields – 36,000C, 6 Shield Mounts

Weapons:
2x Shadow Quantum Bolt Cannons – Free. 20 Turret Mounts
3x Partical Lasers – 4,500C. 6 Turret Mounts
4x Neutron Cannons – 24,000C. 4 Turret Mounts

Additional:
Advanced AI Ships Computer – 250C, 1 Add
Advanced Tactics Computer – 400C, 1 Add
Security Stations – 6000C, 2 Add, 50 Tonnes
Armory – 5000C. 2 Add
Weapon Slots [10]

External:
Deflector Dish – 500C, 1 Ex.
10 Quantum Torpedoes – 10,000C, 10 Ex (20 Shots)
10 Mosquito Class Fighters (1x Light Plasma Cannon) – 1500C. 2 Ex.

Hold:
Advanced Ai Ships Computer – 1 Tonne
Security Stations – 50 Tonnes
20 Marines – 10000C 20 Tonnes
20 SSS – 20,000C 20 Tonnes.

Total Cost: 147,150
Credits Remaining: 2850C

Zappa ship

Comms - signal from the Kronos and Pandora they are closing sir

Helm - course laid in sir we are folowing

No1 - well we should not take any damage

SO - scanning sir, we are getting data, will try to recalibrate

EO - you have full power sir

WO - weapons lock sir, and we are fully charged

Comms - signal from Ankaa sir (see prev posts)

No1- War !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No1 - Well here we go, and by the way you looks way cool and sexy sir

Inspectres Ship

Kali now in command begins to issue the orders

you still feel high and happy but content with the fact the Kali has taken command, in fact you feel dead groovy.

the medic continues to work on your leg and other wounds...... what other wounds i hear you ask.....read on your misery will continue

Comms - signal sir from Hewitt he is beging the attack

No1 - well here we go

WO - all weapons charged sir

EO - you have full power sir, FTL engine still off line

Kali - all ahead you know the drill

All this goes on in your head

FC - all ships in formation sir we are closing at battle speed

the bridge lights go red as the KRONOS enters the battle

the WO gets carried away and lets loose with all the weapons the KRONOS has and laucnhes an attck on the front shields that Hewitts ship attacks

the Chrono phasers lance out at the vessel ripping thru the shields like so much soft butter.

but the lurch as the weapons fire causes the Gurney you are currently resting on (you did not say in your post but for my revenge purposes you are ) to loose its grip. it slides across the bridge to the turbo lift shaft - the doors open as they recognise you, but not before there is a malfunction and the lift is not yet there. you fall the 10ft down the shaft onto the top of the lift. breaking your other arm, and leg. cracking a few more ribs and blacking the other eye. But seen as your full of morphine you enjoy the ride and want to do it again

on screen the battle continues

Hewitts Ship -

Comms - Signal sent to the other 2 ships sir

No1 - Well here we go sir, in for a penny in for a credit

WO - weapons charging sir

EO - boosting sir

No1 - A full on assault ..... OOOOOHHHHH you are brave

No1 - War.......

Helm - we are closing at battle speed sir along with the Kronos, Capt Zappa's ship is just behind

on screen you see the great Gaurdian

SO - sats launched sir

FC - all aok sir

WC - look at the size of that thing

SO - Oho she has powerd up sir and she is closing too at battle screen

On screen battle is joined as your small fleet of ships beging the attack

BATTLE ORDERS

Ship Name: GAURDIAN

Ship Class:
Cruiser - (FREE HULL (Shadow Bonus))
10 shield mounts (All Used)
20 turret mounts (All Used)
24 external mounts (11 Unused)
24 additional mounts (All Used)
5000 tonnes cargo hold (61 Tonnes in use)

Engines:
2x Impulse Drive – 1 Add
Shadow Jump Drive – FREE. 6 Add.

Armour/Shields:
Colapsium Armoured Hull – 20,000C, 1 Add
1x Energy Shields – 5,000C, 4 Shield Mounts
3x Shadow Shields – 36,000C, 6 Shield Mounts

Weapons:
2x Shadow Quantum Bolt Cannons – Free. 20 Turret Mounts
3x Partical Lasers – 4,500C. 6 Turret Mounts
4x Neutron Cannons – 24,000C. 4 Turret Mounts

Additional:
Advanced AI Ships Computer – 250C, 1 Add
Advanced Tactics Computer – 400C, 1 Add
Security Stations – 6000C, 2 Add, 50 Tonnes
Armory – 5000C. 2 Add
Weapon Slots [10]

External:
Deflector Dish – 500C, 1 Ex.
10 Quantum Torpedoes – 10,000C, 10 Ex (20 Shots)
10 Mosquito Class Fighters (1x Light Plasma Cannon) – 1500C. 2 Ex.

Hold:
Advanced Ai Ships Computer – 1 Tonne
Security Stations – 50 Tonnes
20 Marines – 10000C 20 Tonnes
20 SSS – 20,000C 20 Tonnes.

Total Cost: 147,150
Credits Remaining: 2850C

Forward shield 85%
forward port shield 85%
port shield 88%
starbaord shield 88%

moderate hull damage
light internal damage

5% loss of speed
10% loss of secondary power
10% loss on hull intergrity
15% loss of weapon power

Your Ships

Hewitt
weapons charging 3 posts

Pandora
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
forward starbaord shield 90%

10 Jupiter Class Fighters

Inspectre
Weapons Charged

Kronos
forward shield 90%
forward port shield 90%
forward starbaord shield 90%

Zappa
weapons charged

Asteas Vengance

5 Alpha Class Fighters

volleys of quantom torps are launched from the Gaurdian toward the lead vessles of Kronos anf Pandora

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 17 Nov 2003 at 20:44.
Unread 17 Nov 2003, 20:50   #530
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

more later

Unread 19 Nov 2003, 19:00   #531
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
It's OK. I wasn't late. I wrote a new reply (#469) in response to LH's reply to AK (#450) before LH gave me my own reply (#472) in which she told me to have a look at Ak's reply (#450). You see, I'm gifted with clairvoyance. So I replied before actually getting my very own private reply from LH. I hope this is not a sin? :eek:
indeed could be a sin

Unread 19 Nov 2003, 19:02   #532
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
Hewitt: The Kronos? What could be so spectacular about this time and place eh?

No 1: Maybe this could turn out to be one of those horrible historical disasters we often see described in quite brutal detail on the discovery channel...

*Everyone turns and frowns at Hewitt's right hand man who goes on.*

Hewitt: No 1...

No 1: ...you know like that documentary where they do all those numerous close ups of the bodies floating about in space...

Hewitt: *ahem* No 1.

No.1: ...yeah I can just see the title for this episode - Reopening Pandora's Box. Get it? *Looks around at the not-so-amused audience.*

Hewitt: ffs... *Hewitt is now in his seat both holding and shaking his head.*

No.1: You know... because that big ship is like 'the box' - silent and still until we do something that will cause all hell to be unleashed from it leaving us a big hunk of burning me-

Hewitt: We get the idea No 1!! *glares at his 2IC*

No.1: Um, yeah... course you do... *appears to notice all of the anxious faces turned towards him* I'll just go sit over there now... yes... over there... *mumbles under his breath as he wanders over to his chair.*

Hewitt: Does anyone have anything constructive to say about our current situation?

SO: Actually sir, the No.1 DID raise a valid point...

Hewitt: Huh? *Hewitt's eyebrows climb up his face* Run that by me again?

SO: Well think about it sir. Here lies, amongst a sector of gravitational irregularities and a fairly dead system one single ship. So far despite the presence of two ships alien to the system with obvious hostile intentions it sits silently. I've run a bio-scan on the vessel and have been unable obtain any life readings - the ship could be automated sir.

Hewitt: It could also be abandoned, what's your point luetientant?

SO: My point sir is that if it IS automated that means it would have a pre-programmed set of 'triggers' before going into action and if whoever left it here wanted it to guard something like a wormhole perhaps......

Hewitt: ...then by entering a certain radius of space around the wormhole could cause that vessel to come solely after US. Dear god...

No.1: Pandora's box sir...

SO: You catch on pretty quick sir... for a man. *grins*

Hewitt: *Gives the SO a rueful look.* Heh. I just hope it was quick enough in this case... Helm! Change of course! Have us form up with the other two captains who are preparing to attack. Full impulse.

Helm: Yes sir captain sir!

*As the Helmsman manipulates the controls from the inside, from an outsiders point of view the rear engine pods swing around for the change in direction acting like a series of gigantic rudders - much like those found the times of old when exploration on a ship involved passage over water.*

Comms: Shall we signal the others sir?

Hewitt: Hmm? Oh right. Yes tell them we're on our way to assist them if it comes down to a slugfest.

Comms: Aye sir, sending transmission.

Hewitt: *Turns to face the SO* I'm still not 100% on this theory of yours so I want you to send out a couple of those Mark III probes ANKAA gave us and put them on a collision course with the wormhole. We need that data SO - it's what's going to earn us the credits when we get back to the station.

SO: Ok sir if you say so... *starts manipulating her console.* Two probes sir?

Hewitt: Make it three... oh and send out two of those Mark V satellite/probes as well. Might as well try for some pretty pictures as well.

SO: Ok... it's done sir. Three Mark III probes and two mark V sat-probes have been deployed and should be passing though the wormhole shortly if all goes well.

Hewitt: Very good. WO, start charging up Pandora's Heavy Pulse Cannons - we'll need them if things turn ugly.

WO: Aye sir. Weapons charging.

Hewitt: WC hold formation with the Pandora and be ready for a possible barrage of Quantum torpedoes.

WC: Lovely. We'll be ready sir although I'm reading the specs of the target now sir and I'm not sure if our AMD's can handle the numbers that ship can put out.

Hewitt: Your our cover WC, use every weapon at your disposal to keep us protected.

WC: Every weapon... it will be as you say sir.

Hewitt: Right then... All hands to battlestations! It's time we readied Pandora to open her first box...
done see reply

Unread 19 Nov 2003, 19:12   #533
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2
[ooc] I'll take the lack of a response to a "No you can't undo a horribly obvious mistake." Pity cause i'd kinda like my missles back. oh well. I'll live. [ooc/]

WO: Missile's had no effect sir. Crazy's ship took a nasty hit sir.

Tal'Raka: Of course not...what was I thinking. Can't we jump yet? we're getting clobbered out here.

*Tal'Raka turned to the Comm's station.*

Tal'Raka: Tell Captain Deavorn; If his fighters don't do something to that montrosatiy soon, he may be joining the other two Sci vessles in the void. Contact Crazy ask him if he needs cover.

Comm: Yes sir...

Tal'Raka: FC status on our fighters?

FC: We lost two but they are still escorting the Neptunes and thus far Crazys fighters have kept the enemy off our back. More or less.

Tal'Raka: WO fire another volley but send this one into the fighter swarm, if we can keep them from the Neptunes we may have a chance yet.

WO: Targets locked.

Tal'Raka: Comm tell the Sci vessels that if they don't ready their FLT drives real quick, they'll be the first to go. SO tell me if you find something we can use to our advantage, a asteriod to hide behind, a comet to throw out of orbit or ANYTHING. Oh hey... Find a uninhabtid planet NOW. We still have the Corbamite Missile's on the SAT's. SO as soon as you find the planet power up SAT 2b and move it into firing range and then tell me. HAHAHAHA Blasted Choronians met the bringer of your death!

SO: Yes sir, scanning for planets.

Comm: I'm on the lines you requested now.

Targets:
Chrono Concordat
Nil'Cershal:
-1 Heavy Neutron Cannon
Nil'Numeruone :
-1 Heavy Neutron Cannon

SAT 3a and 3b:
-2 Electro Pulse Gun's (In total)

Nil'Cershal:
-1 Electro Pulse Gun
-1 Light Ion Cannon
Nil'Numeruone:
-1 Electro Pulse Gun
-1 Light Ion Cannon

Fighters:
8 Light Alpha Class
Escorting Neptunes
Fire power: 40 light turbolasers.

Unused:
SAT 2a and 2b:
POWERED-DOWN
no you can have the missiles back after all i am kind and evul

Wo2

No1 - here we go again

WO - we have a weapons lock sir and a firing solution

SO - that sucker is BIG

WO - at least we wont miss

No1 - so long as she keeps targetting the Scinece ships

FC - all ships in formation

SO - the Escort Carrier is now in firing range too

WC - we are commencing the attack sir, the Neptunes are going in

No1 - at least we have 2 Carriers too help us out, we have the advantage in fighters, just hope we do not get hit by that ship

on screen your fighters begin their run on the mighty ship, your Carrier enters Firing range and opens up on the Concordat.....

Then the Time Concordat opens up with its Chrono Weapons (12 Chrono Phaser ones again ) on the Fleet Carrier and your ships

BATTLE ORDERS

A TIME CONCORDAT

Chronian Concordat Battle Star
this beast is a minimum 1km long

Shields (30):
5 Chrono Shields (30)

Weaponry (192 (96*2)):
Twin Turret Mount Upgrade (4) (not counted in the 192 total)
4 Mounts Unused (4) (these are counted)

2 Particle Arrays (20)
40 Neutron Cannons (40)

12 Chrono Phasers 1 (48)
8 Chrono Pulse Cannons (80)

External (60):
4 Chronoton Torp Launchers (32)
2 Chronoton Mine Launchers (16)

60 Chrono Avengers (12)
60 Chrono Avengers (N/A)

Additional (70):
13 Engine/Drive Mounts (13)
3 Empty Mounts (3)

Chrono Hull (1)
Chrono Armour (1)
Colapsioum Armoured Hull (N/A)

Advanced AI Ships Computer (N/A)
9 Advanced AI Ships Computers (9)
Advanced Tactics Computer (1)
10 Advanced Engineering Bays (20)
Advanced Flight Control (N/A)
Advanced Med Bay (N/A)

Sensor Array (2)
Lateral Sensor Array (4)

2 Tractor Beams Mk20 (N/A)
4 Tractor Beams Mk20 (16)

Engines/Drives (1+13=14):
10 Impulse Drives (10)
4 Chrono Drives (4)

20000 tonnes hold

100 Chrono fighters

Forward Shield 60%
forward port shield 60%
forward starbaord shield 60%
port shield 80%
starbaord shield 80%
aft port shield 70%
aft starbaord shield 70%
aft shield 80%

light hull damage
light internal damage

5% loss of Manuverability
5% loss of weapon power
10% loss of seconadry power
+1 extra post to charge time for chrono weapons as chrono engines damaged
2 Chronoton Mine Launchers (16) - destroyed

Your Ships

Wo2

Forward shield 80%
forward port shield 80%
forward starbaord shield 80%
port shield 80%
starbaord shield 80%
aft port shield 80%
aft starbaord shield 80%
aft shield 80%

light hull damage
light internal damage

5% loss of secondary power

7 alpha Class

Crazyboy

Carrier

Forward shield 60%
forward port shield 60%
port shield 80%
starbaord shield 80%
aft port shield 80%
aft starbaord shield 80%
aft shield 80%

Moderate Hull damage
moderate internal damage

Flight Control - DESTROYED!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Quantom torp launchers - DESTROYED

10% reduction in weapon power
30% reduction in Speed
25% Fuel Loss

Breaches on Decks 5 , 8, 10

17 Dead 36 Injured

- 35 Nial Class Heavy Fighters

NPC

Science Ships

1 - DESTROYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 - DESTROYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Escort Carrier

10 Modified Neptune

Then the beast itself lets rip with another devastating volley of Accurate Energy Weapons fire.......

1 more of the science vessels is wasted

Unread 19 Nov 2003, 19:48   #534
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Comms - signal from the Kronos and Pandora they are closing sir

Helm - course laid in sir we are folowing

No1 - well we should not take any damage

SO - scanning sir, we are getting data, will try to recalibrate

EO - you have full power sir

WO - weapons lock sir, and we are fully charged

No1- War !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No1 - Well here we go, and by the way you looks way cool and sexy sir
did I order you to follow yet?

Helm - no sir...

and what is my Gender?

Helm - Ma'am?

good. Stay back for now. We need the data from our SO first.

get our shields recalibrated, I want frontal shields to have the most power. 75 procent even.

WO: if you can, shoot some of those torpedos out of space, along with those fighters the enemy carries. other than that, keep cool, and perfect your aiming with the phased relfex cannon. We'll need it to hit dead on

MD: how is the treatment of those wounded comming along?

EO: if you need help fixing those engines, say it now. we need them back online asap

Comms: this is not the right time. send a message to the pandora's box and the Kronos. Ask them to, firstly, adress me with MY name, not my fathers, and secondly, keep the Guardian in it's current position. it is verry important that it does not move to much from it's current position, you understand?

Helm: start preparing our assault. We are going to storm in, ramming speed, fire all our weapons point blank, while cutting the engines. The blast of our weapons should propel us back, thus evading the greater part of the blast. Time this perfectly with the EO, he'll cut back power to you and the engines as soon as we, in the spin that we will probably arrive due to the out of control propulsion, face the Guardian again. at this point, you will blast our engines again, forcing us out of the spin, and bring us back into the combat. I know this is riscy, but we can do it, and this way, we'll inflict max damage on the enemy. DO NOT YET PERFORM THIS STUNT! think it over first, and prepare it together with the EO and the WO. get going.

No1: I know I'm hot. get over it, and stop drooling on my bridge.

to crew in general: I am female. The first one from this point on to adress me as Sir, will be shot out of a burial tube alive, without a spacesuit. you will be aimed at the guardian. maybe you can unnerve it as much as you unnerved me, thus being at least slightly usefull. adress me as Ma'am, Mss Aislin, or Captain. I am not in a good mood.

everyone got that?

Crew: yes Ma'am!

good, let's go.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 21:41   #535
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

no reply from crazy so taken as read his ships are doing what they did last time

Unread 19 Nov 2003, 22:01   #536
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
*Kama settles down into the command chair once more, with the rank insigna of Commander on her uniform (seen here), one which is now less constrictive or at the very least more proportionate.

"So the Oro crew's under new managament... very well, we'll hear them out. Invite over their new appointed commanders and we can have them give us their loyalties. As for the troops on Kastravalva 3, they're a different matter.

Our mission was to scout out the Insectid boarder systems, so far we're in their space, but haven't encountered direct resistance, we'd better go find some if we're after that bonus from Ankaa. Establishing a point of command for our group is second priority for the moment, our time shall come, but lets have some fun before we tie ourselves down.

Ankaa gave us several targets, we'll try our luck in a second system before returning here to make our base, the closest system... er, option #5 sounds promising.

Alright, see that we're fueled up and lets find out if these Monkey's shall be joining us. The wrecks can wait until we're back again, from them as you see we can get our capital running, it's all fame and glory from then on... Now there's just the small matter of those Oro marines on the planet... We have orbital sattelites in the cargo hold, correct? Configure them for jamming comm signals and use a few to deploy a minature network around K3, that should stop them contacting their House HQ. A couple hours being stranded in hostile space should sap morale, it'll be a push over to capture them when we return.

Lay in a course for "System 5" and get ready to depart, we'll talk to the 'reformed frigate crews' and then go to warp."

*A small grin emerges as she considers the benifit of looting the system and her very own base system.

SO - Scanning

System Name - KASTRAVALVA

System has been terraformed - the Suns are a Red Giant and a yellow dwarf

KASTRAVALVA I - 3 moons - nearest to the sun - has a high metal Content and has many Insectidf Ore processing plants - no sign of life - one of the moons has a vast crater the size of south america though......

KASTRAVALVA II - no moons - desert world - is the perfect home for INSECTID DRONES, there are many ruins that show no life, but there is a large power source from the planets surface - man made or insectid made

KASTRAVALVA III - Terraformed with 2 moons - this is a jungle world that is teeming with life and there are wrecks in orbit of MANTIS and INSECTID vessels..... but no sign of any INSECTID life.

KASTRAVALVA IV - Gas Giant - no moons size of Saturn

KASTRAVALVA V - Gas Giant size of jupiter with 300 moons

SO - Am detecting 2 Ships sir....

2 House Oro ships

Green Monkey Battle Frigates

(20 mounts to do with as you please + 1 engine mount
150 tonnes hold)

Phase Shields - 2 mounts

16 x Laser - c 100 - 4 to 1 mount (4 mounts)
8 x Gatling Laser - c 300 - 2 to 1 mount (4 mounts)
4 x Battle-Laser - c 500 - 1 mount (4 mounts)

Advanced AI Ships Computer - c 250 - 1 mount (+ 1 tonne of carge space)
Advanced Tactics Computer - c 400 - 1 mount
Advavced Engineering Bay - c 500 - 2 mounts

Cold Fusion Drive - c 200 - 1 engine mount
Hyper Drive - c 300 - 1 mount

Helm - aye sir laid a course in for that system

No1 - er capt, Capt Flik is already investigating that system

SO - and we have not fully investigated this system as yet, why are all those hulks here?

No1 - we may as well investiagte this system some more then

Comms - signal from ankaa sir (see prev posts)

No1 - well we are at war then sir

SO - scanning sir

Seems that there is a Light Space station hulk in the wreckage sir that we can make use off.

No1 - well there is our base sir

SO - Scanning sir

Hmmm that crater on the moon sir (see system notes) shows signs of Fusion sir only a ship could have crashed there.

No1 - there is more to this mystery

EO - getting an energy spike sir

SO - 2 parsecs away (5 posts)#

No1 - ?????

SO - its an incoming ship sir......

on the screen the magification is increased to show out system, what can be seen is unmistakable, the opening of a TRANSWARP conduit.

Onlu one race uses such a means of travel, and your worst fears are shown to be correct.... with the arrival of a BORG CUBE

Unread 19 Nov 2003, 22:30   #537
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
"Status Mr. Saint!"

SO - 2 Frigates now offline. Frigate 5 now susceptable to boarding. And er... sir... that tiger's looking at me hungrily.

"I suggest you try not to make any sudden movements then. Helm, bring us about! Weapons, make ready. Lock onto the forward shields of Frigate 3 with both heavy disruptors, and fire in a concerted burst. Mr. Dachi (Nick Dachi, not No Dachi)!"

MO - Aye sir?

"Take half the compliment of the Pyrian Brigades over to Frigate 5 and beat the heck out of any resistance until they surrender. Oh, and take Snowball, he needs feeding. A quarter of the brigades are to be send to the disabled vessels to secure them and conduct any repairs possible at this time. If Friagte 3 or 4 drops below 30% armour on any location, send the rest of the Pyrians over."

MO - Erm... gladly sir.

*The MO gingerly reaches out with a finger and touches Snowball, who immediately attempts to bite it off. Fortunately for Dachi, he activates his teleporter before his hand is forcibly removed, and both man and tiger disappear. Over the comms, the sound of tiger growls and enemy screams occur, followed by weapons fire.*

MO - This is Brigade 1, we are now attempting to take the bridge.

Snowball - Rarrrgh!!!!

MO - Indeed.

"Excellent. Mr. Malone, form up the fighters. All Drakes and Draconics are to begin firing on the forward shields of Frigate 4."

WO - Sure thing sir, they are commencing attack run in concert with us.

"Good, Mr. Williams, as soon as weapons have fired, break us off and go evasive. Cloak us too. "

Helm - Ready sir.

"Right, take us in."

one post fer the two of you

System 27 light years in Insectid Space - 8 planets

System - GLORANTHA MINOR

GLORANTHA MINOR I - Small Desert world - no moons - little of interest

GLORANTHA MINOR II - Large Rock World - Has no atmosphere but has extensive caverns and possible atmoshphere below surface. Has life signs.... this seems to be the world suited to the most vicious of Insectids - the Solanoids (like soldier ants)

GLORANTHA MINOR III - Jungle world - life signs - low technology - pre FTL travel

GLORANTHA MINOR IV - 5 moons - barren rock

GLORANTHA MINOR V - Gas Giant size of Uranus - 9 moons

GLORANTHA MINOR VI - Gas Giant size of Neptune

GLORANTHA MINOR VII - Gas Giant size of saturn - 106 moons

GLORANTHA MINOR VIII collection of Asteroids the largest the size of earths moon and also comets.

ND's Flagship

Comms - signal from Ankaa (see prev posts)

War........ and with the ULP as well resurfaced, you think what else could go wrong..... your rosueed from your thoughts by your No1

No1 - Ahem - Sir your orders

Comms - Signal from PK sir indicating boarding actions are beginning

FC - all ships in formation

Helm - course laid in

WO - we have a weapons lock sir and a firing solution

No1 - i am still worried by those ships, they are only manned by weakilings of the Insectid - the Yearlings.

SMC - we are ready sir and the armoured pods are on their way

FC - all on course sir

No1 - we should have a good bounty on this mission sir

EO - we have power sir and damage control are now working on things sir

MD - we can cope sir

SMC - we are boarding now sir we have met with Capt PK's troops there is little or no restistance as yet sir.

also these ships have way too many fusion engines

EO - .......

They could be overlaoded and used as bombs sir, you need to get troops to engineeering and the bridge as quickly as possible

on screen your ship closes with the remaining frigates to aid Capt PK....

on PK ship

WO - firing now sir

Helm - on course sir

No1 - we have the targtets sir

EO - we have full power sir

PMC - the white tiger is proving of aid sir, but we have met with Capt No Dachis troops on the 5th frigate and they say there is some concern that these ships are too packed with way too many fusion generators.

SO - they could be used as bombs

on screen your weapons open up once more on the frigates.

Helm - aye sir moving away

SO - claoking sir

EO - ADVENT still stable sir

Fuel status

ND ships - Fuel Status 75%
PK ship - Fuel Status 65%

BATTLE ORDER

TYRANNID CLASS STRIKE FRIGATES
Hull: Frigate Strike Leader
150 tonnes hold
carries 2 heavy class fighters

Shields (5):
-traded in for additional mounts-

Weaponry (12+6=18):
Particle Phaser 7 (10)
4 Pulse Phasers (8)

External (7):
2 Devastation Class Heavy Fighters (N/A)
3 Devastation Class Heavy Fighters (6)
Phased Photon Torpedo (1)

Additional (7+5=12):
6 Weaponry Mounts (6)
2 Engine/Drive Mounts (2)
Crystaline Armour (1)

Advanced Engineering Bay (2)
Advanced Ships AI Computer (1)

Engines/Drives (1+2=3):
2 Cold Fusion Drives (2)
Black Hole Generator (1)

She Surrenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE IS CRIPPLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forward armour 10%
forward port aemour 10%
forward starbaord armour 10%
port armour 90%
starbaord armour 90%
aft port armour 90%
aft starbaord armour 90%
aft armour 90%

heavy hull damage
heavy internal damage

All weapons destroyed
Engines destroyed
Life Support failing

speed reduction 90%

She Surrenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE IS A BURNING WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forward armour 05%
forward port aemour 05%
forward starbaord armour 05%
port armour 90%
starbaord armour 90%
aft port armour 90%
aft starbaord armour 90%
aft armour 90%

heavy hull damage
heavy internal damage

90% reduction of weapons
80% reduction of engine power
80% reduction of secondary systems

forward armour 50%
forward port aemour 50%
forward starbaord armour 50%
port armour 60%
starbaord armour 60%
aft port armour 90%
aft starbaord armour 90%
aft armour 90%

light internal damage
light hull damage

speed reduction 50%
50% loss of weapon power
50% loss of engine power

forward armour 50%
forward port aemour 50%
forward starbaord armour 50%
port armour 60%
starbaord armour 60%
aft port armour 90%
aft starbaord armour 90%
aft armour 90%

light internal damage
light hull damage

speed reduction 50%
50% loss of weapon power
50% loss of engine power

HAS SURRENDERD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forward armour 20%
forward port aemour 20%
forward starbaord armour 20%
port armour 60%
starbaord armour 60%
aft port armour - 70%
aft starbaord armour 70%
aft armour 70%

moderate hull damage
serious internal damage

speed reduction 50%
50% loss of weapon power
50% loss of engine power

fighters 15 Devastation Class

Your Ships

ND

Shikinami
forward shield 60%
forward port shield 60%
port shield 80%
starbaord shield 80%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

Akitsuki
forward shield 70%
forward port shield 70%
forward starbaord shield 70%
port shield 80%
starbaord shield 80%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

the other one that begins with A

Fighters

Neptune 2
Jupiter 3

PKII

weapon charged

Striker Draconis
forward shield 60%
forward port shield 60%
port shield 80%
starbaord shield 80%
aft port shield 90%
aft starbaord shield 90%
aft shield 90%

light hull damage
light internal damage

Hull Armour 95%

5% loss of weapon power
5% loss of scanning power

Unread 19 Nov 2003, 22:37   #538
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
No Dachi's stomach sinks as he hears the news of Sar Ai's betrayal. Almost at once, his Clan-conditioned mind begins to feel intense anger and hatred toward his father's former friend. But, somewhere deep inside his mind, a very small little voice speaks. "Sar Ai has been your father#s trusted friend for years, and your family's guardian since the dawn of time. He is as wise as the Free Arkanides and much wiser than any mere human in the Clan. If he really has done this, he will have a good reason for doing that." said the little voice, shortly before No Dachi's sense of righteous outrage sat on it and crushed it beneath its massive girth. And then there was Sar Ai's son, Gar Ai, No Dachi's friend since childbirth. Immmediately No Dachi found himself opposed to the idea of taking his friend prisoner, but as his father had said, honour demanded it. No Dachi stood, finding his knees a bit shaky from the impact of the news, and saluted the image of his father.

"My Lord and father, I shall do as you command. Gar Ai will be taken captive." No Dachi the younger replied. No Dachi the elder nodded, before speaking again in the same grave tones as before.

"My son, and all of you, these are difficult times for the Clan. One of the most trusted of our highest circle of Officers has betrayed us. You all know what Bushido and your Clan expects of you. Good luck, and may the wings of fortune serve you well in battle." Intoned his father, by now an excellent morale-speaker, before saluting into the screen and breaking the connection.

"The transmission from Harkun III has ended, sir." Confirmed the Coms Officer, herself severely shaken by the news. One of her brothers served aboard a ship in the Shogun's Guard...she saw the Shosha nod silently, before raising his head and striding out of the ready room's door.

"Comes, all of you, we must return to the Bridge at once."

---

The doors to the Bridge slid open, and No Dachi strode in, followed by all of his Bridge Officers save for the No1, who had been left in command of the ship. The two Samurai Marines standing guard on either side of the doorway snapped to attention, but the rest of the bridge crew remained dutifully carrying out their tasks. No Dachi took his seat, before turning so that he could see as much of the bridge crew as possible and speaking.

"You all heard the news. It has shaken us all to the core. But, we must not allow it to distract us from the task at hand. There will be time to reciew the situation later, in the meantime we have a battle to win. Science, give me a damage report on the enemy ship." No Dachi said, trying to keep his voice steady in order not to show the inner turmoil he was feeling.

"Sir, our last barrage has reduced the fore front and port shield arcs of the target vessel to 20%." The Science Officer replied smoothly. No Dachi nodded.

"Excellent. WO, fire the Assault Pods. I want the Samurai Corps Marines in that Frigate asap. Coms, order all friendly vessels including those of Command PK to cease firing on the fifth frigate, and inform them that boarding is underway."

"Aye sir," replied the Coms Officer, "it shall be done."

"WO, once the Assault Pods are away we will wheel around to attack frigates 3 and 4. In the meantime I want EMP Missiles fired at their main drives - that included frigate five. I want those drives disabled before we find out what they intend to do with this energy build up. Hopefully it will allow more of our weapons' energy to get through and do damage as well."

"Aye sir, firing EMP Missiles at the main drives," replied the Weapons Officer, then "missiles away." He pressed another button on his console, and on one of the bridge's many visual viewscreens appeared an image from the nose camera of one of the EMP missiles. This one was heading for frigate No.5. No Dachi saw the bright specks of the Armoured Escape Pods, loaded with the elite Samurai Corps Marines, slamming into the forward hull of the enemy ship. Now that they were aboard the enemy ship, Chosa Mitsonagi, as senior infantryman present in the squadron, had total control. There was a clearly outlined procedure for capturing enemy ships that had many variations depending on the class, size, defences and status of the vessel. A crippled frigate full of premature Insectids was going to be a piece of cake for an experienced command in control of such highly-trained men. The Engine Room and Bridge would be captured first, the latter being fortified and used as a command post while combat units cleaned out the rest of the ship. Presently, the Armoured Escape Pods passed out of view as the EMP missiles ran closer to the enemy ship, flying just a few inches from the surface of its hull in order for them to be less succeptible to antimissile fire. Passing the stern of the ship, the image from the nose camera whirled as the EMP missile turned sharply to the left and went straight up the frigate's backside, wherupon the image was replaced by static. The main drives of the three remaining enemy frigates were now, presumably, out, along with their ability to harness the energy of the Federation ships' weapons. No Dachi nodded approvingly, before speaking to his Helm Officer.

"Helm, since the two other enemy frigates have uniform damage to all hull sections, we may as well attack them from behind so that they cannot concentrate as many weapons on us. Order the Akatsuki to take up a point position above us to protect us from the fighters. WO, fling everything you've got at frigate 4's aft armour. When it gets down to 20%, cease fire. The Ariake will stay behind us and offer fire support. Red Squadron seems to have taken heavy losses, so order them to just concentrate on protecting Blue Squadron, who will assisst us by destroying frigate 4's weapon banks. Understood?"

"Aye sir." Replied the Helm Officer, already swinging the mighty cruiser around to drop into position behind the Insectid frigate.

"Roget that sir, transmitting new firing pattern to the gunners." Confirmed the Weapons Officer, pressing the appropriate buttons on his console.

"At once, My Lord." Said the Coms Officer, already sending the orders to the separate ships...
see pk reply

Unread 19 Nov 2003, 22:55   #539
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Ranks

1 - Commander No Dachi:
Score: 95
Medals: 0
Crew Morale: Average
Crew Experiance: Green
Crew Effeciancy: 0%

2 - Commander J-Kama-Ka-C:
Score: 93

3 - Commander Acid-K:
Score: 90

4 - Commander Ur-quan:
Score: 88

5 - Commander Bakan:
Score: 88

6 - Commander Zappa: <<<<<--------------------PROMOTED
Score: 85

7 - Commander Fluffie:
Score: 80

8 - Lt Commander Darkling
Score: 80

9 - Lt Commander Wo2
Score: 79

10 - Lt Commander Inspectre:
Score: 75

11 - Lt Commander Planetkiller II
Score: 74

12 - Lt Commander Flik
Score: 70

13 - Lt Commander Flapjack:
Score: 69

14 - Lt Commander Crazyboy
Score: 56

15 - Lt Commander Hewitt:
Score: 50

16 - Lt Commander Nightrain
Score: 6

17 - Lt Commander Toejam:
Score: 2

18 - Lt Commander Adam
Score: 0

Unread 19 Nov 2003, 23:00   #540
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Bounties:

1 - Commander Fluffie:
Score: 70

Rating: Semi Dangerous Pirate

Reward: 250000c for Capture

this pirate is wanted for the crime of capturing KIPIRE Merchant ships.

If you can recover the said merchant ships then there will also be a bonus paid

2 - Commander J-Kama-Ka-C:
Score: 84

Rating - Semi Dangerous Pirate

Reward - 150000c for Capture

Wanted by House Oro - this pirate is wanted for the malicious capture of some House Oro Frigates and the disruption of the Slave Trade in KASTRAVALVA.

Unread 22 Nov 2003, 04:25   #541
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Boggman stood fierce as he listened to captain Killer on the viewscreen. His hands were firmly placed on his hips. His legs stood a couple of inches apart and on each foot he wore orange-blue boots. His chest was pressed forward and his chin a little upwards. The lights on the bridge made the zipper on his mask blink, as did the curly gold letters that were embroidered on the green rubber string he wore over his black tights. They spelt 'Hot Stuff' in a real naughty way. His yellow tablecloth cape was flapping in the draft caused by the damaged life support system. He took a deep breath and then he spoke with pride: "On behalf of my dear friend, captain Bogg, I would like to thank you for your generous offer. It was a genuine pleasure to fight beside you. We have saved the day, you and I. Perhaps we will meet again some day, but until that day come; goodbye my friend!"

* After having closed the comms are closed, Boggman turns to the crew and clears his throat: "Ahum, may I have your attention please? Thank you. I just wanted to say that you have all performed admirably. I must go and report to the captain now, but do not despair for I shall be around, watching over this ship and its crew!"

Shortly after Boggman has left the bridge, captain Bogg comes walking in and looks around the bridge. He suddenly spots the charred remains of what was once the helm. Immediately he rushes forward, but sees that it's already too late. With a grim expression on his face he turns to Alison and asks: "Do you think they'll be able to get the stains out? I was rather fond of that carpet, you know. Oh, and get a replacement for...??", as he casusally waves his hand in the blackened stump's general direction, while walking back to his own comfy captain's chair.

No1: "Nescio, captain. His name was Nomen Nescio, he used to pilot the ship."
Bogg: "Yeah yeah, whatever, no need to go into details."
Comms: "There's an incoming transmission from Ankaa, captain. It appears to be a newsflash."
Bogg: "Put it on the viewscreen."
* On the viewscreen appear the images of a large battlefleet, some pieces of debris with the CSC logo on it and then there's the image of Empress Hunt declaring war. Bogg is watching with great interest and then the transmission ends. "Wow! Did you see those knockers? Damn, she's hot! She's got some nicely shaped hips too. I know of a bloody good way to make her stop crying... and start screaming", Bogg chuckles and licks his lips.

No1: "Something doesn't look right here. The Kipire and Federation said they didn't have resources for a war with the insectids and the Asanawa clan would never destroy an unarmed medical convoy, so why this sudden act of war?"
Bogg: "Alison, you worry too much. We do not belong to any of the involved parties. War is good. This one is; it's going to make all of us filthy stinking rich. Come to think of it, did Killer say anything about our reward, while I was, ummm, not here?"
Comms: "Indeed he did, captain. I'll look it up for you and put it on the viewscreen."
Bogg: "Excellent."
* Comms taps a few buttons and Cid Killer appears on the viewscreen again. Bogg listens to the message, but it annoys him a bit.

Bogg: "I may go? I? May? Go? I, Phinneas Bogg, scourge of the universe, conqueror of galaxies, destroyer of planets and Master of Andromeda, I may go? That Killer obviously has some kind of superiority complex. Comms, record a message and send it to the Amodyte."
Comms: "Go ahead, captain."
Bogg: "My dear Captain Killer, I have no objections to your wish of keeping the insectid problem as your own. However, your... other wish for us not to investigate those bug ships, will prevent me from completing the mission we originally set out to do when we left Ankaa. That means I'll be missing out on some 95000 credits as well as any bonuses. Exactly how do you intend to compensate me for that loss? Also, as I recall, in exchange for my help, I was promised new and powerful technology so why are you presenting me this Kyle... Killit... this rubble? End recording."
Comms: "Message sent, captain."

Bogg: "Alison, you're a very efficient person, so I'm gonna put you in charge of repairs. I want all damage to be repaired straight away and ALL systems, the essential ones first, are to be restored to full functionability. Make it a top priority. I don't know if Killer is to be trusted, so I want this ship to be up and running before the Amodyte is ready. It shouldn't be too hard seeing they have suffered more casualties and heavier damage.
No1: "Yes captain, I'll see to it that it happens."
Bogg: "Good, and while you're at it, see what damage control is up to and send someone round to engineering to see how the repairs on our transwarp drive are going. L'Oven should be done by now."
* No1 nods as she leaves the bridge to begin ordering swift repairs.

Bogg: "Laura, I want you and Sarah to work together in performing scans on both the Mantis and Insectid wrecks that are in orbit around Hellvanus III as well as the debris from that Devoran battlecruiser. If you find anything interesting or valuable, let me know. Maybe one of those wrecks can be put to use with some minor repairs. Also scan for any Devoran, Mantis or Insectid remains from which we may gain information about their species."
SO and WO: "Yes, captain! You can count on us!"
Bogg: Commander Rebock! I want you to take 3 marine companies and 12 infantry companies and assemble an armed reconnaissance team. You are going down to the 3rd planet of the system. There have been detected numerable biosigns, but we're not sure what they are and it's not impossible to think that some of the insectids or mantis managed to make it down there. It is a jungle type world, make whatever preparations are needed and then go."
MC: "Great captain! So we get to have some action after all!"
Bogg: "If you happen to find anything of interest, report back to me at once."
MC: "Understood!"

* The lift doors to the bridge open out walks this guy that has obviously never been to the bridge before, because he's looking his eyes out at everything around him. Bogg notices the guy and demands: "Who are you? What are you doing here?"
Guy: "My name is Bobo Fatt, captain and I was sent here to take up the helm."
Bogg: "Right, take your station and familiarise yourself with the controls. I assume you are skilled and have had some experience in piloting big starships?"
Helm: "Most certainly, captain!"
Bogg: "Good, then get to it."
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 04:33   #542
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
May I take that as a compliment? I hope you have as much fun reading, as I have in writing.
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 14:03   #543
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Comms: Sir, incoming message from the Rainbow
Cid: I can already tell what the answer is...

*Cid listened to Bogg's answer and began to grow angry when he called Kylithium 'Rubble'.*

Cid: Who does he think he is?! Charge the bloody Particle Cannon!
WO: I don't beleive that is a wise choice...

*Cid turned and limped towards his Weapons Officer. It would have been a thudding march, but one leg brace stopped him from doing so.*

Cid: I hope I made myself perfectly clear, I want that Particle Cannon charged and ready to fire. Otherwise I will make sure your soul resides within a thousand shards of Cylithium Crystal and make sure you don't reach even the outskirts of Shraanian Space!
WO: But sir... we have already begun diverting energy from the weapons to help recharge the sheilds!
Cid: Do It!
WO: Yes sir...

*Cid growled and pointed a finger at the mainscreen.*

Cid: Get me that Bogg! Now!
Comms: Yes sir...

*Cid waited for the mainscreen to flash into life. By this timecid was a mixture of red-hot, steaming anger.*

Cid: Captain Bogg. I must warn you that if you dare intervene with Shraanian Business then I will order my ship to shoot you down. And if you do not want Kylithium, then you can say goodbye to weapons of mass destruction. Kylithium is a crystal used for many things, one can be a weapon much like a reflex cannon, another can be advanced living computer technology. However, you may call Kylithium what you want, but if yuo don't want it... fine.

*Cid clicked his fingers, his No1 suddenly appearing behind him.*

Cid: I want a target lock of the Rainbow, only have the particle cannon charged.
No1: Yes sir.

*Cid turns back to Bogg.*

Cid: As you may be aware of, we are perfectly ready to face you in combat if you ever dare to interfere with our business. Your credits and bonus will be paid, but leave the Inectid ships! That is a serious private matter!
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 15:46   #544
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

*Crazy gripped onto the arms of his chair as his ship shook from the pounding from the Chrono Concordat. His chest strained against the straps holding him into his chair as his ship took a sudden deaccelleration.*

"Damage report!"

Tactical Officer: All forward shields are down to sixty percent. Port, starboard and aft shields down to eighty percent. We've taken moderate hull damage and internal damage. Fires reported on multiple decks. They are under control. We've lost Flight Control and have taken a 10% weapon power loss. Fuel leak in main Impulse drives. We've lost a quarter of our fuel sir. Our engines are down by 30% in power. We have hull breaches on decks 5, 8 and 10. Those areas are already sealed off sir. We've taken some causalties from engineering and firing control. Seventeen reported dead. Med bays reporting injured coming in from other parts of the ship"

*Crazy silently cursed the concordat, and silently saluted the dead. He closed his eyes for a brief second, letting the anger flow out of him. He couldn't get angry over the death of 17 of his crew. He had another 15,000 odd personal under his command. He could't let seventeen deaths bother him. Not now anyway. He had a concordat to beat.*

*Crazy slowly tapped on his console, bringing up a tactical display of the battle*

"CAG, order all fighters launched. I want our slipstream fighters to take out the enemy chrono fighters. All others are to concentrate on the enemy ship. Get our gunboats in there as well. All fighters attacking the concordat are to target their forward shields, and forward shields only."

CAG: "Roger sir. Fighter bays, this is the bridge, scramble, scramble. Attack groups Alpha through Lima, target enemy fighters. All other Attack Groups, target the concordat. Take out their forward shields"

"Tactical. Whats the status on our weapons?"

Tactical Officer: "Gunports open. Weapon charge at 100%."

"Give me a firing solution on the concordat. Forward shields. All weapons"

TO: "Roger."

*The TO's hands danced across his keypad. The weapons on the carrier turned, angling towards the concordat, as they were brought to bear on the ship.*

TO: "We have a targeting solution. All weapons are locked on."

"Fire."

*Crazy said the word with no remorse. The Tactical officer gladdy relayed the command to the firing control teams. Weapons fire lanced through space. The shots from the carrier shotting past the dancing dots that were the masses of fighters. The concordat was lit up as energy was poured into the ships shields, smashing against it.*

"Helm. Whats the status on our jump engines. Can we use them?"

Helm: "They are online and fully powered. Unknow if we can use them yet though. There is still quiet a lot of temporal distoration around"

"See if you can get them working. Tactical, feed the exact co-ordinates of the concordats main reactors to helm. See if you two can open a jump point for me on top of that ship"

Helm: "Sir yes sir. Working on it!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Target: Chrono Concordat
Command Carrier Chrysalis
- 2x Phased Hellbore Cannons
- 5x Fusion Cannons
- 2x Medium Ion Cannons
- 3x Particle Lasers
- 1x Particle Array

- 80x Jupiter Medium Fighters
- 60x Nial Heavy Fighters
- 10x Gunboats

- 120 Slipstream Fighters

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 16:02   #545
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Comms: "Sir, captain Killer wants to have a word with you, it seems urgent."
Bogg: "Very well, put him through. He probably wants to apologize to me."
WO: "Captain, the Amodyte is charging its particle phaser!! They have locked on to us!"
Bogg: "WHAT THE HELL?!"
* With wild eyes, Bogg turns towards the viewscreen that is showing and angry, steaming hot captain Killer.
Bogg: "What's the meaning of this?! Why are you charging your particle phaser?! I demand you disengage your weapon's lock on us this instant! And calm down, before someone's going to get hurt!"
* Bogg took a deep breath as he searched for words. This guy was in need of some serious anger management. Bogg decided he would play this calmly and rationally. Getting angry or threatening Killer would no doubt result in the destruction of either the Amodyte or his own ship and he wasn't willing to take the chance.

Bogg: "Now look here, Killer. We don't want a fight with you, so power down your weapons. Like I said before, we both came here for 2 reasons; to look for bugs and to retrieve this stuff of yours. to begin with the former. Do you really expect Ankaa to pay me my reward if I return empty handed? Surely they will want to see some evidence that I made it here and completed their mission before they commit their credits to my care? Believe me, I'm not the least interested in your personal war with those bugs, but I need the money, so tell me captain, how can I get Ankaa to pay us both our 95000 credits for this mission without bringing them at least one of those wrecks?"

* Bogg paused for a bit and looked around the bridge. He regretted sending Alison off the bridge to lead the repairs. He could certainly do with her advise right now.
Bogg: "As for the Klit.. Kylo..."
SO: "Kylithium."
Bogg: "Yes that, I didn't say I did not want it, because I do, but when you asked me to come along, I was under the impression there would be some ready to use stuff around here. This... ore of yours sounds powerful. I mean, weapons of mass destruction, yes, that's definately what I had in mind, but captain, do not forget that we are pirates, not scientists. We simply do not have the facilities nor the expertise to actually develop such weapons, so you see why I am a bit disappointed with the reward, captain, no offence."
* Bogg looked at the viewscreen, hoping to see a calmed down captain Killer with whom he could come to terms.
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 17:05   #546
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"Yeah, so, uh... Call in the cavalry. Every ship - all the Runabouts, our frigates... And yeah, the freighters too. Maximum power to weapons and shields, come in guns blazing. Now!"

Comms - AYE!

"Helm, enter an offensive flying pattern. WO, Engineering. Drop cloak, charge weapons and begin attacking. We'll be going for their belly ships."

Helm - Bringing us around for an attack run, bottom of that cruiser is looking nice and shiny.

WO - Indeed it is. Nova Cannon, Pulse Phasers coming online, power from cloak being redirected to weapons.

EO - Armour.. Should take initial punches and provide us with some more juice; or at least, that's what they told me.

"Right, Science, our ships coming yet?"

SO - They are... But maybe those other Federation ships are too?

"Damned right. That's why we'll do this quick."

MC - Troops are still all standing by. I've put the ADCT on stand-by for boarding too, in case we need to board that ship and get it up and running too.

Comms - Frigates signal they have boarding parties ready in their shuttles too.

"Good. Once we get a spot in their shields open, the FTL'll try to get in first. If that doesn't work, it'll be up to the frigates."

Comms - Roger that. Relaying assault plan to our vessels.

No1 - Make sure they target the belly too. The freighters are on Anti Fighter Duty as soon as we detect fighter launch.

FC - Our three Angels are on standby..

"Launch'em if they launch fighers."

FC - Roger that, getting the pilots to their ****pits now.

Comms - Incoming ships are affirming their targets. Freighters and Runabouts will weaken the bottom/belly shields first, then the Frigates'll try to make the final hole.

SO - Nothing on scanners yet apart from our own vessels.

And so, the story the continues! I take it you get what I want to do, eh? If not, my MSN is known to you... Wooooo
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 20:42   #547
Flik

Flik is infamous around these partsFlik is infamous around these partsFlik is infamous around these parts

OMG! sry Lh, ill get my reply I after i finish my project, probably 3-5 hours ill start the reply...

The only soverien you can allow to rule you is reason.
Deserve victory.
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 21:57   #548
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

ooc// blasted board ate my post, so this will be of... poorer quality due to a retype. //ooc

"Mr. Pierce, are we about ready to wrap this up?"

No1: Aye sir, we will make a good go of it.

"Right, get ND on the comm, inform him that we are targeting Frigate 4, ask him if he wouldn't mind disabling Frigate 3."

Comms: Actually, he's just sent us a message.

"Well what are you waiting for, play it!"

*The message plays*

"Silly ND, of course we're not going to fire on a disabled ship. Send that too. Now, to business. Bring us about and set up for another attack run, attack pattern Alpha Omega 5, up from under the bow, fire both heavy disruptors then go over the top, cloaking as we go."

Helm: Now underway.

"The Draconics should follow us in and fire on the same position, like we did before. However, the Drakes are to come in behind. Since they don't have shields, their engines should be vulnerable. Try and disable them."

WO: Aye.

"I have to say, this thing with the yearlings and massive fusion reactors is puzzling, if not a little worrying. We should remain ready to jump out at a moment's notice, in case they decide to blow themselves up. However, since there's not much we can to stop them doing it currently, we're going to have to continue firing."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 22:10   #549
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ waiting for reply from LH, and PK, yep, large fusion reactors and weak insectids sounds like a pretty explosive mix to me /ooc

Unread 22 Nov 2003, 23:47   #550
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*Cid listened to the reply, some steam settling, but Cid still could not trust anyone to ever command a C'raask ship. Hell, he did not want to see anyone become a part of the C'raask for trying.*

Cid: The mantis ships you can take, captain, but I am still disallowing any takeovers or searches within the C'raask ships, or Insectid ships if you put it like that. One being I do not want to be seen facing you in one of those damned things, under their full control. Secondly, you don't need to be a scientist to use Kylithium as a weapon. Just placing a small amount of it in a warhead can turn stars supernova. That is why I present you with the rocks, because they are very explosive when used like this.

*Cid turned to his WO.*

Cid: Keep the cannon charging but disengage weapons lock. We have our orders, and destruction of C'raask is one of them. Life-signs or no, those ships may still yet contain many C'raask.

*Cid turned back to Bogg, his anger almost gone, but not quite.*

Cid: And if you ask me why such a small amount of Kylithium will be yours, the answer is simple. We are scientists, war scientists, and in time our technology will out-do any other. And, for evidence of us being here, those mantis ships will contain enough evidence, as will the remains of a Devorian vessel. The loot will be split, 75/25 of the mantis and devorian wrecks. 75% of it is yours. Is that a fair enough deal to stop you from going near the C'raask wrecks?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Closed Thread