User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 04:17   #1
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
How's the r11 beta doing and your impression, etc.

This is directed to the players playing the beta currently running at 15 mins tick. (signups still open).

What's your impression about the new features of PAX and/or Round 11 changes?

How's the comeback of the old combat style and the shipsstats balance?

What are the potential alliances that'll possibly make a surprise (heard ministry is doing well) and how's the top alliances performing?

I heard there's no major bugs apart from the Buddy-system issue, is it true? Good news then.

Are you having fun?

Did it convince and impresses you to play r11?
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 04:39   #2
Possum

Possum is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How's the r11 beta doing and your impression, etc.

Well I have been playing beta, I haven't noticed any bugs myself, about the stats, Terran look to be very powerful with the pegs and DE pods, in that there aren't really any decent ships targeting them. Also I must say I miss the gal status screen.

The alliances are performing pretty much as I had expected, just going by AVG score, with FaNG, 1up, Ministry etc. on top. I am a bit surprised that Tides of Fire have such a good AVG score, I will be keen to see how they do in Round 11.

I'm having fun, met some good people, I haven't payed to play PA since Round 9, but I am considering playing Round 11.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 10:30   #3
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Well its hard to tell who is gunna do well by a beta, depends how seriously ppl take it. Where as Ministry is concerned we are deffo not used to this kinda game
Having said that FanG, 1up and Ministry does have the highest average score yes.
My members has expressed a bit of a dislike for the game though, so I dont think we will be seeing Ministry move over as an alliance.

Alliances - Top 100
Rank Change Name Asteroids Members AVG Score Score
1 Ô_ô 18595 62 199.796 12.387.375
2 Wolfpack 17604 71 166.239 11.803.009
3 FAnG 17137 47 233.048 10.953.273
4 [1up] 16521 49 211.988 10.387.457
5 Ministry 13464 40 204.962 8.198.519

Thats the top 5 alliances atm. The top one is Vision afaik. Do notice the difference in memberscounts of WP and Vision vs the others tho

Tesla
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 12:06   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's looking good. There are a surprising number of new players in the game also...
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 13:01   #5
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

Got bashed for the 5th time or so now. Gets boring.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 13:22   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

too many research options, too much time for research :/
15min is crap for a beta speeder :/
im not sure if i can imagine myself and others playing this again in 1hr ticks, got used to 30min :s
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 14:08   #7
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

So far so good

2 or 5 min ticks would be better i think but overkill for some

Second time actually playing PA , main thing i don't like is some things on the design part. Skins are ok but the other content has a bad color combination and things look confuzing some times.
Also the pre-launch thing is silly , the covert ops funny i guess.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 17:46   #8
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

It is better than I expected, it has been improved from when I last played (r10 beta), but there are some issues I think. Zik is currently an easy target for cr incomming, having only one ship that targets cr, and that being its bs. Once a zik gets bs, they are fairly immune to cr I think, but before then, they are wide open to it.

Also, the whole subversion thing is the biggest pile of rubbish I have ever seen. To all intents and purposes it is EMP, 90% of the time, you subvert the enemy ships, but they don't have anything to fire at, so it has exactly the same effect as EMP. That is the main problem from a zik point of view (i.e. subversion being utterly pointless).

I also don't like single targetting, in my view it reduces tactical options, and makes them predictable. You get incomming, you know what it is, you don't need scans, you can work it out by what race you are, and what race your attacker is.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 17:48   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh yeah, there is a difference between subversion and EMP, once EMP has frozen ships, you can still kill them. When a ship has been subverted, it is immune to being killed in that battle. So if you have a load of ziks coming at you, you can keep your fleet home, and know it is safe.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 22:52   #10
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Oh yeah, there is a difference between subversion and EMP, once EMP has frozen ships, you can still kill them. When a ship has been subverted, it is immune to being killed in that battle. So if you have a load of ziks coming at you, you can keep your fleet home, and know it is safe.
Um, no you're wrong.
That statement is only true if they subvert your whole fleet.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 22:57   #11
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
Um, no you're wrong.
That statement is only true if they subvert your whole fleet.
Yes, but if you have 'a load' of ziks coming to you, unless they attack with a very strange fleet combination, your whole fleet will be subverted.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:02   #12
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Ministry is fckin well bored and we are attacking like uhh... almost all top 50 planets atm out of sheer boredom atm.
We wouldnt call this jihad as thats already been done BUT we do it for Allah :|

Tesla
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:06   #13
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst
Got bashed for the 5th time or so now. Gets boring.
bashed someone for the 5th time. rawks!

Nah seriously. The combat is better, but not good. Where r the 2nd and 3rd targets? :/

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:06   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

heh, was fun, I suppose playing for a while. Having a consistent top10 planet playing half-active in my first pax-esque round was cute. Now we wait till the br's come out where the possibilites are
1] if we get pwned -> some posts of how much damage we did and scream Jihad etc.
2] if we get lotsa roids -> boast of our eliteness :p

Anyhow, lets see if people's alliances can cover 43 non-Ministry top 50 planets within the next tick to scan em all and get sufficient def etc. :p
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:08   #15
Vanquisher
heh

Vanquisher is an unknown quantity at this point

*Sigh*

Gets boring quickly enough...

Research on roids should take half the time in most cases or a lot of the steps be removed, it's annoying as hell to have a load of roids you can't mine.
Vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:09   #16
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

So in summary.....

Its crap
Terran is strong
Zik is weak
New players having a free game

nothing on cath or xan ?

I though the stats had multi targeting ? obviously wrong there then

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:10   #17
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

oh

and the ships are just too equal, you need a better and diversed combat engine
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:12   #18
Vanquisher
heh

Vanquisher is an unknown quantity at this point

Theam to do the stats again fs!
Vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:14   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

each race is meant to be weak against a certain class u know

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:15   #20
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquisher
Theam to do the stats again fs!
no. These stats all have some points, i just get the feeling they are rather half-finished. All races have SOME good points, and I can see some things that Sid was trying to do with em, in conjunction with the games features but maybe a little bit more work in balancing is required heh. If anyone, I reckon Sovvy wouldnt be a bad person to help him ( Sid ) with the stats.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:18   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the battleengine itself is not so attractive, stats won't help that

http://www.smurfeh.com/jihad.jpg btw
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 23:32   #22
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

they don't do image tags here

nazi forum
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 02:01   #23
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

*Score formula in Manual appears to be wrong.

*Research length should be shortened in general.

*Fleet launch is just plain weird and silleh.

As a whole, kinda intruiging, but not perfect by any means.

Last edited by Boogster; 2 Jun 2004 at 02:02. Reason: Perfectionist
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 02:47   #24
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
*Score formula in Manual appears to be wrong.
It's correct, but could be truncated somewhat to:
Code:
score=(xp*60)+value
(it's in the longer form in the manual, because it is more possible to fine tune it in the longer version)
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 04:10   #25
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I meant the formula specifically determining 'Value'.

Value = (Fleet-cost / 100) + (Resources / 200) + (Constructions * 1500) + ( Roids * 500 )

My particular quibble is with the: (Roids*500) part, which cannot be correct, and must be nearer to: (Roids*250).
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 09:05   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

i hvae also heard rumours about that having changed and not being on the changes list - but then thats why there is a beta forums to get theese changes reported.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 12:56   #27
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It get's boring after a while. The reserach takes too long, the ships are kinda boring, but it's fun in a way.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 13:36   #28
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
Well I have been playing beta, I haven't noticed any bugs myself, about the stats, Terran look to be very powerful with the pegs and DE pods, in that there aren't really any decent ships targeting them. Also I must say I miss the gal status screen.

The alliances are performing pretty much as I had expected, just going by AVG score, with FaNG, 1up, Ministry etc. on top. I am a bit surprised that Tides of Fire have such a good AVG score, I will be keen to see how they do in Round 11.

I'm having fun, met some good people, I haven't payed to play PA since Round 9, but I am considering playing Round 11.

Tides of Fire are indeed having an excellant beta. We're getting excellant attacks done on big galaxies, so we have lots of roids, hence the big average score. Hopefully a place in top10 next round *smiles*
god113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 18:53   #29
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Cath got an upgrade midround I think, they look decent now, zik is not that bad but one de and cr targetting ship per race only seems abit too little. Researches were always slow, tis part of this game.. Dynamic eta will make defence harder even if you have more ticks to get def, like against a fi/co attack you can only get fi/co from your alliance, the bs/cr mass defences like last round you can forget.. xan are powerfull aswell and will be important defenders, all in all I don´t think the stats is much off.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 19:53   #30
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Definetly better than I thought...may have something to do with me not playing since r4/5.

Decent stats, crappy attack/def (really dislike the one tick attack crap).

A bit boring..may change if alliances where playing a bit seriously.