User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Dec 2005, 13:31   #1
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
People offering lyrics online without permission should be jailed industry boss says.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

Quote:
Guitar licks and song scores are widely available on the internet but are "completely illegal", he told the BBC.

Mr Keiser said he did not just want to shut websites and impose fines, saying if authorities can "throw in some jail time I think we'll be a little more effective".

Next they'll be wanting people caught whistling tunes without permisson to be summarily shot...
I'm sure the Met will be happy to oblige.

-edit- I've already been minussed for this post, have I unwittingly broken GD etiquette with it?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Mushroom; 9 Dec 2005 at 14:35.
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 13:35   #2
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: People offering lyrics online without permission should be jailed industry boss says.

Mr Keiser should be taken somewhere quiet and introduced to the business end of a baseball bat.

its ****ing ridiculous.
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 13:39   #3
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: People offering lyrics online without permission should be jailed industry boss says.

this is a rather disturbing trend.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 14:04   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you have by complaining about it.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 14:55   #5
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
you have by complaining about it.
first rule of neg rep is you don't talk about neg rep?

i think it's perfectly legitimate for someone to ask if they've broken some unwritten rule; it just shows that someone actually cares about our 'values.'

the neg rep discussion deserving of...neg repping i guess is when people complain about it, or say something stupid like 'why don't you sign it' or 'dood you suck whoever you are'.

it's kind of pointless to have negrep if it isn't clear why the negrepping is happening, but in general i think it's safe to assume that unexplained negrep is due to the repper thinking the reppee's post was shit. which is probably the case here. the end.

On topic:
Given that all of the words in "throw in some jail time I think we'll be a little more effective" are in copyrighted Bob Dylan songs, it is clear that that guy needs to be thrown in prison where he will be butt raped for eternity by demons. Wait that's hell.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 14:58   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think this is a marvellous development. Let these fools keep pushing their insanity. It only ensures their eventual demise.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 15:52   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

What a load of pish... Speaking from a musician point of view, Tabulature is a value learning tool for songs the Fact is not all ppl can read music. (sometimes they do have tab in the book sometimes they don't)
there are cases I wasnt going to pay £15 for a Songbook just because I wanted to learn 1 song out of the book. Instead I would look up www.harmony-central.com for the tab. But I do have a fair colection of music books.

And what Next they start jailing cover Bands.
I can just imagine the Police doing a raid on a Pub
"this Is a raid put down the guitar, and step away from stage."

*Ms* Keiser should be taken somewhere quiet and introduced to the business end of a baseball bat.

I couldnt agree more.
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 16:01   #8
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Cover bands steal real artists songs and pretend they wrote it.

They should be shot and sent to prison. (possibly not in that order)
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 16:04   #9
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

well don't worry, there wont be any lyrics sites at all soon from that article
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 20:19   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: People offering lyrics online without permission should be jailed industry boss s

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
first rule of neg rep is you don't talk about neg rep?

i think it's perfectly legitimate for someone to ask if they've broken some unwritten rule; it just shows that someone actually cares about our 'values.'

the neg rep discussion deserving of...neg repping i guess is when people complain about it, or say something stupid like 'why don't you sign it' or 'dood you suck whoever you are'.

it's kind of pointless to have negrep if it isn't clear why the negrepping is happening, but in general i think it's safe to assume that unexplained negrep is due to the repper thinking the reppee's post was shit. which is probably the case here. the end.

On topic:
Given that all of the words in "throw in some jail time I think we'll be a little more effective" are in copyrighted Bob Dylan songs, it is clear that that guy needs to be thrown in prison where he will be butt raped for eternity by demons. Wait that's hell.
Yeah well this isn't a shit thread, and so whoever negrepped Mushroom deserves to be outed by a mod and ostracized. As for on topic: Wow, that's really depressing, I really like the sites with lyrics. And jail time? Jesus Christ man, what a ****ing lunatic.
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 23:12   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the best article was theregisters, where they pointed out that if perllyrics (or whatever the hell its called) is responsible for IP theft, then every browser is also responsible for it
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 23:23   #12
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: People offering lyrics online without permission should be jailed industry boss s

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
the best article was theregisters, where they pointed out that if perllyrics (or whatever the hell its called) is responsible for IP theft, then every browser is also responsible for it
In that case I better get my legal team ready. With Yahwe and dda I'm unbeatable. :0
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 23:24   #13
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
In that case I better get my legal team ready. With Yahwe and dda I'm unbeatable. :0
Quoted for truth.
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 00:19   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

i have come up with a new cunning plan, if people start killing the RIAA et al's lawyers, eventually no one will want to represent them anymore and they will have to stop suing people, it's a plan with no drawbacks!
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 00:29   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Quoted for truth.

I doubt a lawyer who is having problems disconnecting from an internet board where he boasts about his rl blingbling and whatever and a lawyer in a country in which every non-drunk can become one who posts like a demented carpenter are really succesful lawyers outside of the wonderful internet.
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 00:44   #16
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I doubt a lawyer who is having problems disconnecting from an internet board where he boasts about his rl blingbling and whatever and a lawyer in a country in which every non-drunk can become one who posts like a demented carpenter are really succesful lawyers outside of the wonderful internet.
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 00:48   #17
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i have come up with a new cunning plan, if people start killing the RIAA et al's lawyers, eventually no one will want to represent them anymore and they will have to stop suing people, it's a plan with no drawbacks!
Hey! You didn't come up with that, you clearly stole that idea from Iraqi shites.