User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Dec 2005, 16:28   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
David Cameron is the new Tory Leader

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4502652.stm

Just watching his acceptance speech thingy on the beeb. I think the Tories might be able to do it next election.

Discuss
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 16:35   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: David Cameron is the new Tory Leader

don't be silly.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 16:40   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I preferred clarke, personally.
wont be voting for either labour, nor the tories now - if I vote at all
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 16:51   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
I think the Tories might be able to do it next election.
I wouldn't imagine so, unless the Labour Party are spectacularly crap in the next couple of years. One can't forget how rubbish the Tory Party actually is at present.

Not that I care particularly. Although I think I might actually be registered to vote now, I'm not sure. Since I live in a constituency where the Conservative Party won a staggering 9.8% of the vote at the last election, I can't see it being a particularly thrilling local contest.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 6 Dec 2005 at 17:05.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 17:56   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's not impossible that we'll see a Tory party that's less right-wing than New Labour. And if they do that, then I might just end up voting for them instead of for a Scottish alcoholic.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 18:03   #6
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

I was hoping the useless Davis would have won, and then the tories would have marginally won the next general election. We all need reminded how unbelievably shit the conservative party and genuinly right-wing policies are to gain a new found appreciation for labour.

Indeed, labour needs to gain a new found appreciation of this fact too. Some time in opposition would do them good.
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 19:09   #7
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i've decided that having the conservatives in a small majority would be better than a labour 4th term.

it really pains me to say it though

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 19:15   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Presumably if the Tories did win the only lesson the Labour Party would learn would be "Oh, we weren't right wing enough" (which would be a reasonable deduction if they lost to the officially more right wing party). I fail to see how this would really help, if you follow all this parliamentary bollocks.

Of course perhaps "the struggle" (in some general sense) might be stronger for a Tory victory, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence in favour of that assumption.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 20:32   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Well as the parties coverge even further It is just sad to see how painfully rigt-wing large sections of this country still are (often without even realising it)
Maybe, but it depends which elements of policy we're talking about. You know all this of course but I'd be unsurprised if a majority of Britons supported an increase in NHS spending, higher taxes for the very wealthy (or corporation taxes), a reduction in intellectual property laws, relaxation in the laws on cannabis, strengthening of trade union / worker rights, nationalisation of the railways, etc, etc.

Obviously these issues are rarely framed in this fashion and we generally have silly focuses on criminal justice or immigration (where the majority maybe slightly more illiberal than we might hope).
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 00:42   #10
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I wouldn't imagine so, unless the Labour Party are spectacularly crap in the next couple of years.
I shouldn't imagine they'll find that particularly hard.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 00:47   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJohn
I was hoping the useless Davis would have won, and then the tories would have marginally won the next general election. We all need reminded how unbelievably shit the conservative party and genuinly right-wing policies are to gain a new found appreciation for labour.

Indeed, labour needs to gain a new found appreciation of this fact too. Some time in opposition would do them good.

Im pretty sure the current good financial situation of the country is down to the Tories duder.

As far as i'm concerned New Labour are shit in the ****ing extreme.

If i ever voted i'd prolly vote green *shrug*.
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 08:39   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

I think the tories will go even more right wing and Cameron will write a book called "my struggle", in which he claims that the Scottish stabbed them in the back.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 08:56   #13
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i voted labour at the last election. this was down to the fact that they are the best party out there and tbh the tories cudnt run a pissup in a brewery

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 11:26   #14
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
I think the tories will go even more right wing and Cameron will write a book called "my struggle", in which he claims that the Scottish stabbed them in the back.
So you're comparing Cameron to Hitler?

Congratulations, you win my award for retard post of the week
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 13:33   #15
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
So you're comparing Cameron to Hitler?

Congratulations, you win my award for retard post of the week
no, it was sarcasm. I thought the scottish bit made that rather obvious, but if not, sorry.

Actually I am rather interested to see what Cameron does. If he shapes the party up well enough, they could give Brown a run for his money. Gordon' Brown's problem is, that while he is a good chancellor, I have no idea whether he would make a good prime minister or not. This is one of the reasons incidentally I think Blair should get out sooner rather than later, otherwise we will have the unknown quantity of Brown's Leadership against the known quantity of Cameron's Leadership and be in a situation vaguely similar where Major won his first election because "Labour are shit, but at least the tories aren't run by thatcher anymore"

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 20:36   #16
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Im pretty sure the current good financial situation of the country is down to the Tories duder.

As far as i'm concerned New Labour are shit in the ****ing extreme.

If i ever voted i'd prolly vote green *shrug*.
a nation states economic health is very low down the list of things i think are neccesary to create "good society"

On a further note, im very dissapointed how much further towards US style presedential politics we've moved. Nobody likes personality politics, and no one likes the "punch and judy show" but when the leader of the opposition has said "you've been doing ok and ill keep some of your reforms and i guess youve probably been neccesary the last ten years and oh look holy shit the manifesto i wrote part of is now complete bollocks in my opinion"

Pragmatic politics, reducing it to "theyve had a go, let someone else try" is thoroughly depressing. Power as a end in itself rather than as a means to an end is pretty horrible
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 21:00   #17
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
On a further note, im very dissapointed how much further towards US style presedential politics we've moved. Nobody likes personality politics, and no one likes the "punch and judy show" but when the leader of the opposition has said "you've been doing ok and ill keep some of your reforms and i guess youve probably been neccesary the last ten years and oh look holy shit the manifesto i wrote part of is now complete bollocks in my opinion"

Maybe I'm wrong but I think David Cameron is playing quite a clver game with the PM here. Straight away he praised Labours education policy and encouraged to go 'as far as he wants' with it. this is clearly a bit of baiting for the left of the Labour Party and if the bill is passed with tory support then it will further split the Labour Party giving the tories abetter chance of winning the next election.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 21:04   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
a nation states economic health is very low down the list of things i think are neccesary to create "good society"
It really depends on what you mean here. It's possible to have an economy which is booming but society is pretty horrible, but it's not so likely you'll have a good society without a good economy (depending on how we're defining this of course).
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 21:21   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Chas n' Dave are not going to pose a threat to Texture Like Sun, no matter what their parties would like to believe.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote