User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 1 Nov 2005, 08:51   #1
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Changing Default on Grub

Grub is the linux startup thing isn't it I think. Anyway, I installed Suse Linux over the weekend, and the boot thing comes up with a list of startup options, first is Suse, second windows, third floppy and the last a suse safe mode thing. Basically all I want to do is change the default from Suse to windows, because I only want to use linux on special occasions (whe nI am learning about linux) and my wife doesn't like it, so we both just want it to boot into windows initially. I know I can just sit there and wait for the screen and then select windows, but I would prefer it were just the default. how can I change the settings?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 10:49   #2
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Changing Default on Grub

boot linux
su
cd /boot/grub
vi menu.lst

there should be a line like
default 0
change it to
default 1

well, thats how it works on debian (i think...), on Suse, there probably is some setting you simply have to change in that control-center-thingy (is it called YAST or was that something else?) you have in KDE
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 10:50   #3
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Changing Default on Grub

yeap, it's in yast. thanks

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote