User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Oct 2006, 04:11   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Sprite and Spirit

Come on there's surely another name to pick for one of those 2 ships. They're far too similar atm.
Revenant, Ghoul, Zombie, Mirage...
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 14:12   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Sprite and Spirit

please, PLEASE rename vampyre to vampire.. just for the sake of my eyes
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 14:13   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It was renamed to the Banshee.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 14:20   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

vampyre to something reasonable plz!
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 14:45   #5
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

For useless knowledge's sake....vampyre is the original spelling of the word...it was an american whom simplified the spelling to vampire as he couldnt read ye olde english.

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 14:50   #6
jerome

still an ugly word nevertheless

like the word: "must"
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 17:40   #7
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Change sprite to Dr.Pepper
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 18:32   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline
For useless knowledge's sake....vampyre is the original spelling of the word...it was an american whom simplified the spelling to vampire as he couldnt read ye olde english.
Is that true? I mean, vampires didn't really become a popular "phenomenon" until Dracula. And in that novel it's spelt "vampire".

Or is that due to the update the publishers will have made, to make the book more accessible?
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 20:54   #9
crazypyro
Sir WhoDaNanny

crazypyro can only hope to improve

Last round for kicks and giggles I made up my own set of PA ship stats, I even made up a kill matrix and everything. Included in my stats, I felt we bring some freshness to it all so I used a few new ship names for each race, about 2-4 new names per race. Heres the short list

Terran
  1. Raptor
  2. Raven
Cathaar
  1. Piranaha
  2. Arachnid
  3. Wasp
Xandathrii
  1. Crecent
  2. Wisp
  3. Whisper
Zikonian
  1. Striker
  2. Manticore
  3. Valkeyrie
just some ideas
crazypyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 12:33   #10
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

About the terrans, you not good in your mythologia are you?

Cathaar are about spiders and other bugs, not fish.

Well something among those lines goes for Zikonian and Xan aswell. The whole idea is / was to have a certain theme for every race and stick to that theme. I can not see a single connection in the names you have given.

P.S. Dark Angel rulez ;-)
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 12:38   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Vegetable Lamb. Best ship name ever.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 13:38   #12
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've been banned from playing with ship names. But I still think revenant should be in there!

I also tried some other themes: cath EMP ships=spider, killships=other insects. The beetle was the exception I believe.

And for terrans, I had a mythological heirarchy type thing once. Starting off with peons (harpy), up to humans (hoplite), heroes (Achilles), titans (prometheus) and then Olympians (hades, ares). I thought it was ok.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 20:18   #13
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

well according to the manual, the terrans are a human race so the ships should be called things like pizza,burger, beer, whiskey

the caths are a feline race so the ships should be called things like whiskers,mouse,milk etc

xandathril are an insect race so they should have ships called creepycrawl,yellowstingyspotty thing

Zikonian are a mystery race so they should be called things like bluebellybutton fluff, why is there air you no all mysterious things

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 20:38   #14
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Gate, I think you just lost the title of "most questionable names" maker for this round
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 03:36   #15
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Is that true? I mean, vampires didn't really become a popular "phenomenon" until Dracula. And in that novel it's spelt "vampire".

Or is that due to the update the publishers will have made, to make the book more accessible?
yep...vampire was an editorial amendment during bram stokers version of dracula....due to the expanding audience who would read his books and as such the publishers wanted to make it understandable by all groups(traditional english even to date is very difficult to be followed by some). Vampyre is the most original basis of the word in traditional english found to date. Admittedly there are older versions of the term in cyrillic, but in english that is the current original translation.

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 03:38   #16
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I've been banned from playing with ship names. But I still think revenant should be in there!

I also tried some other themes: cath EMP ships=spider, killships=other insects. The beetle was the exception I believe.

And for terrans, I had a mythological heirarchy type thing once. Starting off with peons (harpy), up to humans (hoplite), heroes (Achilles), titans (prometheus) and then Olympians (hades, ares). I thought it was ok.
original stats during private beta had terran ships with the names prometheus and odyssey...for some reason appoco changed them

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 13:37   #17
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Vegetable Lamb. Best ship name ever.
Quoted for truth.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote