User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:13   #1
WeaponX
Legends live forever

WeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to behold
Todays happenings server etc. !

Hell was this the worst advertisement PA could have had ever?...

I mean first the downtime, than the fleets recalled, then you give 2 mio of each resources to everyone

Now fleets back again, game down again...

Ah well why should we complain...i mean this game is offered for free right, we can´t complain about it....oh wait...you want us to pay for it next round again...

Good Team organisation, word of mouth > winning at some site...so you better think before messing up again pls

P.S

no 2 mio resources of each don´t hurt xp whores :P they just donate it to the fund to build up their losses while suiciding for xp again, pls learn the basics of your own game pa team thx
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:17   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Todays happenings server etc. !

WeaponX, if something is broken, would you want to play it broken or fixed? If something needs to be fixed I'm happy they take the servers down to do it rather than ignoring it.

Shit happens, get over it.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:17   #3
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

1) Grow up (this is also based on him in #planetarion)
2) The resources are a bad idea, the fleet recall isnt to my liking either, a rollback would be my favoured choice (don't be stupid and say things like 'oh i bet he was about to land')
3) It isn't finished yet I believe so wait a bit before moaning.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:24   #4
WeaponX
Legends live forever

WeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
WeaponX, if something is broken, would you want to play it broken or fixed? If something needs to be fixed I'm happy they take the servers down to do it rather than ignoring it.

Shit happens, get over it.
if sth is broken i want the person in charge to think before acting...ie stop ticks and think what is the best way to go

btw if you negrep me for this one than you are ridicilous (not that i would really care about rep on forum lol)...if we aren´t allowed to state our opinion about whats going on than what are we here for...and no you won´t get an award for putting your head into pa teams ***
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:31   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX
if sth is broken i want the person in charge to think before acting...ie stop ticks and think what is the best way to go

btw if you negrep me for this one than you are ridicilous (not that i would really care about rep on forum lol)...if we aren´t allowed to state our opinion about whats going on than what are we here for...and no you won´t get an award for putting your head into pa teams ***
You want the person in charge to think before acting? Seriously, I doubt anyone saw this long downtime coming, so what is there to think about? Stopping ticks to fix things makes perfect sense to me.

I wasn't gonna negrep you, but I sure as hell will now that you think I'm putting my head in pa teams arse. What would I win on that anyway?
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:01   #6
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

oh well, on the early PA rounds things like that happend all the time and peeps were used to it. So from my point of view its a mayor improvement, that everything ran so smooth, since I am back here, and I actually wondered, if they wouldnt give us the possibility to start complaining once again as we liked to do in the old days. And userfriendly as they are, they gave us this chance now
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:06   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Replying to various points in this thread in no particular order:

Yes, it is decided. We've rolled back, but as some have seen 2 ticks in advanced, and others have logged in after the 12pm tick to send defence, launch, etc and then went offline, this is possibly the best option.

I admit this isn't the best for PR, but I will try and clarify to everyone exactly what happened and why so they don't suffer from the problems that were no fault of their own.

The resources were given out as compensation for all the problems and the lost ticks. Anyone saying that this just benefits XP players as they can build more pods isn't thinking correctly - the only possible way they can benefit is by donating them to the gal fund to keep their value lower compared to everyone else who's value has gone up, and then they have to hope that the 2 million resources everyone has won't be used to build ships to defend against them.

We did stop, talk, think and consult others (especially around 1.30-2pm).
It was biased towards those active on IRC, but we didn't quite have time to stop the game for a day so we could have an in depth discussion about the best course of action.
The avoidable problems came from errors in executing the solutions, not poor planning prior to the solutions.

Definite information is available in the announcement section of the forums, or on the portal - the server has had the 12.30 backup restored, all fleets have been reset, and 2 million of each resource has been distributed.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:08   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I support the actions that Kloopy and Appoco did in this case. Abit unsure about the resource hand out but I can see why this was done. Good decison.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:10   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
you never consulted me
You weren't in #planetarion or the private alliance channel!
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 17:01   #10
WeaponX
Legends live forever

the 2 mio resources given is the most stupid thing you could do

my last comment on this case

well done
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 17:10   #11
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

my last comment on this case

well done
Aah yeah... compensating everyone for the annoyances/downtime.... I can think of a worse one actually Stop the ticks, rollback to tick 2, and play the round over again
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 17:14   #12
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Quote:
What was so stupid about it?
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 18:13   #13
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
What was so stupid about it?
Because it would take an xpwhore a long time to get this much built up. Once an XPWhore has a decent sized stockpile they then invariably need to be rid of it so they will suicide for roids+xp and rebuild.

Since they will be suiciding on value planets like me I find it very annoying that they have just been given a free shot. If they can't compensate everyone equally (ie give 2 or 3 ticks worth of res that the planet would produce itself) then they shouldn't bother.

XP whores have advantage enough this round and now this just adds insult to injury.

GG.

Again.

-edit- To clarify, the downtime or rollback do not bother me, computers break, shit happens. If something bad happens though, there is no need to make it worse by fiddling with the game balance.

Last edited by Achilles; 12 Mar 2006 at 18:19.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 18:20   #14
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Although not many people are happy about it, it's the best type of damage control they could possibly give (except maybe the 2mil res).
When something goes wrong, some people have an advantage and some will be unhappy. The best thing to do in such a situation is treat everybody equally. Everybody's fleet is home, everybody gets 2mil res and everybody has to wait untill 18.00 gmt. It's the only 'fair' thing to do...
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 18:34   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually, I'd rather that everyone receives 12 ticks of resources as opposed to a fixed number. It's fairer. Frankly I'll just start cov-opping everyone who doesn't spend it immediately, and I'll be telling others to do the same.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 22:09   #16
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

I dont see the advantage for people going for xp - they loose a whole night, cause they dont know what people are going to build with their ressources. unit scans are quite useless atm.
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 00:53   #17
Fal
F-Crew BC

Fal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Actually, I'd rather that everyone receives 12 ticks of resources as opposed to a fixed number. It's fairer. Frankly I'll just start cov-opping everyone who doesn't spend it immediately, and I'll be telling others to do the same.
Agreed, made 130k with just 20 agents before ticks started

Patience is a Virtue.... Procrastination is a Sin
Fal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 02:03   #18
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

WeaponX: shit happens, deal with it.
PA goes down atleast once every round (atleast all the rounds i remember playing) though this has improved alot compared to the old days.
I'm not blaming pa-team for this, usually it's something beyond their control and i'm happy people like appoco and kloopy are passionate enough about pa to fix the game on a sunday afternoon when something goes wrong like it did today.
And about the 2 mil res for everybody, it's compensation for the lost ticks. I bet if people hadn't recieved some sort of compensation they'd come to these boards and complain aswell.
You should be a little more gratefull to the volounteers running this game and not come down here and post crap every time something goes wrong.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 05:45   #19
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I'm not sure how it was an advertisment for Planetarion, do you meanit was bad PR?

I suppose WeaponX's night attack didnt go quite as planned?

Also I'll refer you to http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...3&highlight=XP for what XP whores would prefer to do.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 11:39   #20
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Stop the whining Kree tyvm.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 20:45   #21
WeaponX
Legends live forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Stop the whining WeaponX tyvm.
don´t see any whining i just stated my opinion i didn´t say oooh you are so unfair - actually it doesn´t change my personal rank or anything, and no my fleets were home when it happened so i can´t even complain about that

i just think it was dealt with poorly, and the 2 mio res of each was totally the wrong decision

on a side note
..Stoom you still suck
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 01:07   #22
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
don´t see any whining i just stated my opinion i didn´t say oooh you are so unfair - actually it doesn´t change my personal rank or anything, and no my fleets were home when it happened so i can´t even complain about that

i just think it was dealt with poorly, and the 2 mio res of each was totally the wrong decision

on a side note
..Stoom you still suck
omg that hurt. hows the gf Kree?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 16:15   #23
WeaponX
Legends live forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
omg that hurt. hows the gf WeaponX?
broke up with her 3 weeks ago

(btw you still pissed cause you think i quit cause of roid loss last round...then talk to me in pm as its not the case)
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 16:17   #24
Nadar
I see you!

Kree, why do you translate every 'Kree' into 'WeaponX'? :|
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 20:50   #25
WeaponX
Legends live forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
some stupid question
cause i am not using my old nick anymore