User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jan 2006, 23:40   #1
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
can someone reccomend some anime to me?

so a friend of mine bought some stuff back on dvd with him and we (a small group of us) worked our way through the first series of chobits (getting the rest sent down asap) and all of evangellion (including the film with death and rebirth) and I want more like eva, can anyone reccomend anything?
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 00:00   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: can someone reccomend some anime to me?

You want more like NGE*? You poor fellow.

Yada yada yada, all the usuals. Cowboy Bebop, Read or Die (TV and OVAs, OVAs first though), FLCL, Hellsing, Samurai Champloo, Slayers, Last Exile.

*The japanese title of which translates as, if memory serves, "The Gospel of the New Century". And they turned it into Neon Genesis Evangelion instead. The mind boggles.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 00:06   #3
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

A personal favourite of mine, Trigun, or Gantz, Full Metal Alchemist. Jakiri named most of my others tbh.

Last edited by TheBerk; 21 Jan 2006 at 00:10. Reason: beer good, memory bad
TheBerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 00:07   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
A personal favourite of mine, Vash the Stampede.
I think you mean "Trigun", which I forgot to mention because I have it on DVD, and I only looked through my Anime directory on the media PC for an aide memoir.

[edit]

Also Rurouni Kenshin.

Note that some series, especially Kenshin and Full Metal Alchemist, can have a lot of filler, but the way they deal with it can be different. Some episodes of Kenshin you can just write off, but in FMA there's a large amount of filler EVERY EPISODE.
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 00:09   #5
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Ack, that's the one I meant.. Cheers, going back to edit my original post.
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 02:07   #6
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

MrL for the win, although he also has some of the most incredibly bizarre anime i have ever seen (hello the jungle was fine then along came goo? WTF?)
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 02:10   #7
TheBerk
dazed and confused

One that i've only read a few of the manga for and never seen, though a friend loves it, Bleach.
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 02:13   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its... strangely alluring though, which made it even worse, bearing in mind that its got to be a good 3 years since i saw 1 episode at MrL's house, yet it stil has this impact on my memory

also, not anime, but catch some sealab 2021, harvey birdman: attourney at law... aaaaaaaaaaand, another adult swim one that i cant remember, they are quite funny
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 10:41   #9
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

aqua teen hunger force!!
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 13:54   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
MrL for the win, although he also has some of the most incredibly bizarre anime i have ever seen (hello the jungle was fine then along came goo? WTF?)
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, from the makers of the anime Excel Saga, which is much crazier than the printed comic of the same name.

http://spacebutler.tripod.com/space_butler.html
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 14:03   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

space butler is excelllent
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 15:27   #12
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
I hear La Blue Girl is pretty much up there with the best of them.
I heard the same

Hikaru No Go is also pretty damn good, seriously.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 07:05   #13
`Vegeta
GLXer

`Vegeta is infamous around these parts`Vegeta is infamous around these parts

rurouni kenshin is a good series to look at.. also look at wolfs rain.