User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jan 2006, 00:08   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
[Phones]Madina (Rids and Blasto might be able to help as well)

So I'm looking at getting the N70 on an O2 contract. I've been on PAYG with O2 since the days of the 3210 and BTCellnet. So, what's the best way of getting a good deal? I've been looking at the Online 50 contract. 3 other a student deal for £20 a month were you get 100 mins and 1000 texts, which is very tempting, but I'd rather stick with O2 (unless someone else has a better deal the N70). So, any help?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 01:04   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Phones]Madina (Rids and Blasto might be able to help as well)

have a look at this website ran by carphone warehouse

http://www.thephonespot.com/show_dea...HS&NETWORK=ORA

thats the N70 on orange, 200 mins any network, any time, 3 months half price line rental (normal line rental £30 pm) and the phone is free

http://www.thephonespot.com/show_dea...70&NETWORK=O2M

thats the N70 on 02, 200 mins any network, any time, 100 texts, 5 months half price line rental (normal line rental £35.99 pm) and the phone is free

However if I was you I would get this

http://www.thephonespot.com/show_dea...SP&NETWORK=ORA

Motorola v3, black, 200 mins any network, any time, line rental £30 pm, free phone and heres where it stands out a free psp

or theres this one

http://www.thephonespot.com/show_dea...AN&NETWORK=ORA

once again a black v3, orange, 200 mins etc, free phone but this time a free ipod nano. have a look at websites for great deals atm, this one from the carphone warehouse has some cracking offers on it you can get a v3 for 99p a month for 9 months, then 30 for the last 3. Theres another website as well i think its www.e2save.com anyway have a look around.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 01:09   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

btw just had a look at e2save and theres some cracking offers eg this

http://www.e2save.com/mobile/phones/...ge&handset=N70

the n70 orange, 200 mins, 200 texts, 7 months half price line rental, then 30 afterwards, free phone
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 01:09   #4
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

N70 is a good phone but here's the thing: Do you intend to use 3G at all? If so, stick with O2 for better 3G network coverage. If you don't want to use 3G, then go for 3 (Three) and manually switch to the GSM networks (900/1800) to get a better coverage (for voice calls only). Reason? More minutes, more text, slightly better than O2 (3 uses the O2 (2.5G) network for voice calls only)

Also, O2 will charge you £50 for the phone. You can get this phone free on a O2 3G 500 in the shops.

So personally, 3.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 01:18   #5
pig
1up on you

3g imo is useless atm, i mean if i got 3g im sure the novelty would soon wear off, then again i might get into (tv, net, clips etc :/)
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 01:26   #6
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Thanks guys. If I walk into an O2 shop, explain to them that I've been on PAYG for donkey's years, that both my parents have contracts with them and that I'm considering moving to 3, will they give me any super special deals?

EDIT: oh and ideally, i'd rather not spend more than £20 a month
We shall remember them.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 01:48   #7
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
Thanks guys. If I walk into an O2 shop, explain to them that I've been on PAYG for donkey's years, that both my parents have contracts with them and that I'm considering moving to 3, will they give me any super special deals?
Not really. Unless you see/speak to Madina.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 04:01   #8
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

ok, wtf about the coverage? last I checked three followed by orange had the best coverage for 3g in terms of the percentage of the country, with the other two being lame.

Do you really use your phone enough to make contract cheaper, because pay as you go may still be the best option for you if you're just doing it to get a shiny new phone.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 11:44   #9
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
ok, wtf about the coverage? last I checked three followed by orange had the best coverage for 3g in terms of the percentage of the country, with the other two being lame.

Do you really use your phone enough to make contract cheaper, because pay as you go may still be the best option for you if you're just doing it to get a shiny new phone.
considering my mobile is going to pretty much be my only phone while at uni, yes
We shall remember them.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 12:18   #10
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
Have a word with Yahwe about this.

Oh, I'm in the mobile phone business. Percentage coverage means jack shit. It's just a ploy to make people believe that 3G works in their area.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 19:01   #11
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Ok, so I went with the O2 Online 50 contract. 75mins and 300 texts for £19 a month + £49.99 for the N70. I only trouble is, it's being delivered to my home address, so I'll have to get my parents to post up here to me
We shall remember them.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 19:03   #12
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Ok, so I went with the O2 Online 50 contract. 75mins and 300 texts for £19 a month + £49.99 for the N70. I only trouble is, it's being delivered to my home address, so I'll have to get my parents to post up here to me
why didnt you just get one of the offers I showed you, they seem alot better, anyway enjoy.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 19:21   #13
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
why didnt you just get one of the offers I showed you, they seem alot better, anyway enjoy.
I got confuzzled by what it was actually offering me . At least with this one I know exactly how much is going to be taken out of my bank each month
We shall remember them.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 19:25   #14
pig
1up on you

hehe oh well, its still a good deal plus you get a good phone, enjoy!
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 19:26   #15
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The N70 is a cool phone but if you dont take advantage of Symbian then youre just carrying a brick round in your pocket for no good reason

I didnt really use any of the smartphone features on my 7610 last year, but I decided to go for another s60 phone anyway because hey, why not? The Active Standby on my N70 is awesome (awesome) but apart from that, I still havent really done anything that I couldnt do on a normal phone.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 20:53   #16
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
I'm sorry dude but personally, I'd never pay for a phone.

You should have gone to 3. Personally a better deal and just as good as O2.

Anyway, enjoy your new phone. N70 is pretty good.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 20:53   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Any news on the 6280 yet?

Sorry to keep mentioning it, but I'm still waiting
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 22:46   #18
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I'm sorry dude but personally, I'd never pay for a phone.

You should have gone to 3. Personally a better deal and just as good as O2.

Anyway, enjoy your new phone. N70 is pretty good.
3 wanted £149.99 for the phone
We shall remember them.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 22:52   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im out of cantract with orange currently, so looking for an upgrade, do you this i would be able to get any of the free stuff deals at the start of this page or would that only apply to new cantracts rather than renewals?

EDIT: piss, it says they dont offer upgrades looking in their FAQ's but i could get that deal if i go to a new supplier, i woulder if i could move from orange to orange like that?
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 23:02   #20
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
3 wanted £149.99 for the phone
Oh ok. My bad.