User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Dec 2005, 14:18   #1
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough
MPOGD.com rating

just voted for today, checked the results, it turns out that PA is already ranked #36, with 202 votes (.34%). w00t!
[Though I can't help but thinking that with its massive lead, something is jacking up the totals for 'bootleggers'...]
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 14:54   #2
selmac
returning to my addiction

selmac has a spectacular aura aboutselmac has a spectacular aura about
Re: MPOGD.com rating

i know alot of games offer daily incentives for votes... more res, troops etc

maybe PA could incorporate somethin like that into it
selmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 16:09   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yes, admittedly there were only a few days left before the end of the month when I added it. I thought it'd be some nice free advertising, in addition to whatever Jolt are planning on doing. One or more banners are being designed by jackle, but if anyone else wants to design one and send it to me they're welcome to, and we can see if we can get them added to the PA banners for advertising.
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 16:15   #4
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

and as for the 'offer something for voting' thing...

Unread 27 Dec 2005, 16:17   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

How would you suggest we reward people?

It's hard to come up with a reward not abusable. It's not easy to actually check to see that people have voted or not, afaik. I think that's why we haven't introduced a similar system for getting others to sign up.
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 16:47   #6
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

It's a crap idea.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 17:11   #7
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

remember...your allowed to vote once everyday...so do it

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 19:32   #8
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

The site getting #36, with 202 votes (.34%) means its not as much popular as used to be

I think PA-team could do any of 2 things to help to keep the game on top spot there and help promote the game

- 1-3(in that case each) roids for those who click the "vote" link ingame
- Some resources for those who click the "vote" link ingame

abusable?? tell me if someone would be able to win the round cos of 1-3 roids. You anyway do that with free paid acc, dont you??

[Please, bring people for free round, msg ppl ingame, many ppl dont read overview links]

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 20:18   #9
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i remember the days we were #1 without breaking a sweat now we're struggling for 36?:/ bah

i think the community needs to change anyways before people will actually start playing PA if they never played it. or the way alliances work.
and no, how that actually should be done i don't know atm, but would involve hc's to play differently and players aswell. but it'll be very hard to get new players to the game as it's simple to important to be very active for someone new who hasn't got that many friends.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 20:29   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
How would you suggest we reward people?

It's hard to come up with a reward not abusable. It's not easy to actually check to see that people have voted or not, afaik. I think that's why we haven't introduced a similar system for getting others to sign up.
Every 48 ticks, click the mpogd link and you get 10 of each roid
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 21:03   #11
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

The point is, we still have playerbase to make PA first on ranks, we just need ppl who neve think anything cos they think something should be made but nothing would work

Taking measures wount be costy, msgs or free roids. No money

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 21:58   #12
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

more roids in uni can only be positive.
I can't see that a few roids per click can hurt anything.
once a day or every other day or something.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 22:18   #13
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

the next round wont be too serious I think as it is a free round. So atleast it could be given a try there
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 22:24   #14
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

If Appoco had regied Planetarion during RD15 im sure there would have been more votes...but a lot of people dont play Havoc...

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 02:46   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Oh yes, blame it on me

It was only when someone mentioned it on another thread a couple of days ago I thought to do it! It'd be interesting to see if we could claim first.

btw, linkwise I DID try to make the link work, but it seems to redirect to the main page. It sorta sucks like that
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:13   #16
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have stopped playing games where I had to push links like that in order to get res / (other bonuses in different games) plz dont give res to make people push the links

What about offering a pic of appo in a dress if we manage first?

(still having spinners pic in mind ofc ^^ )

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:11   #17
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
I have stopped playing games where I had to push links like that in order to get res / (other bonuses in different games) plz dont give res to make people push the links

i totally agree - we pay to have a banner, pop up etc free game and it would be annoying to be forced to do something to perfom well ...

i think the bonus is either too small to be taken serious or too big and has real effect on the game

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:26   #18
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I would vote if i wasnt so dissapointed with how rushed and badly done this havoc was

Didnt return fleet slots to base
Didnt reset all fleets/roids
Didnt remove no attacking within alliance (how else do i pwn Grog fs?!)
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:43   #19
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
I would vote if i wasnt so dissapointed with how rushed and badly done this havoc was

Didnt return fleet slots to base
Didnt reset all fleets/roids
Didnt remove no attacking within alliance (how else do i pwn Grog fs?!)

u actually base ur opinion of the game on how a HAVOC is being run?

well done for having the worst reason ever not to vote

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 16:02   #20
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

hehe nah i mean its been a good round but i think its totally unproffesional. PA is a business, they take our money, could at least provide the service required.

Altho i have actually voted already, just wanted to voice my opinions.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 16:31   #21
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster

I like this.. I mean, why not? A picture of all the PaTeam together wearing dresses? Some daily reminder like 'We're at #33, get voting to see the dress picture'.

I'm sure the advertising of getting Planetarion back to #1 would be worth the dressing up
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 17:38   #22
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens
more roids in uni can only be positive.
I can't see that a few roids per click can hurt anything.
once a day or every other day or something.
more roids in uni is fine but atleast up the 8k limit aswell as that limit fking sucks
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 04:32   #23
KingAlan

yah, maybe it seems that 'giving something for voting' would be a bad idea.

Incidentally, we had moved up to #27 last time I checked...
And yeah, I saw the GOTM history- for 00-02, it was hard seeing a award that *didnt* go to PA.
We only had PA up there about a fifth of the month- have it running for the full month, about 5 times as many votes would easily put us uinto the top 10, then increase that for the larger playerbase of a main round, we'll end up in top 5 where we belong.

PA has had a page on MPOGD for quite a while- http://www.mpogd.com/games/game.asp?ID=408

The first review was posted on 6/29/01. If the page has been up that long, they know our game's there, how come it was a special thing for appoco to put us in the voting this month?

Unread 29 Dec 2005, 12:33   #24
Appocomaster
PA Team

I didn't realise the page was there. I thought it'd be interesting to see how well it went (though I'm not sure how many people view the site)
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 12:52   #25
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the people that look at mpogd are well aware of what Planetarion's all about already
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 21:20   #26
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Its absolutely appalling that you can get ppl to vote by adding an ingame incentive.

Please dont add an ingame incentive - its cheap and unprofessional.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 21:39   #27
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well the question the admins should ask is that why does it only get to rank 36? what does the other 35 have that pa doesnt cant be the money issue cos there are really big onlines games that cost the same and the free ones is really that big either

so money isnt the issue here its something else.

you guys shoud do a poll to figure out to what it is or something
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 21:43   #28
Appocomaster
PA Team

Firstly, it's havoc, not many people are around
Secondly, we've only just started it, people arent used to voting
Thirdly, other games reward voting.