User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Mar 2005, 03:10   #1
Ts_Top Secret
Top Secret *Real one*

Ts_Top Secret is an unknown quantity at this point
Any Old Skol players around?

Any Old Skol players around?

Just signed up again after many years ago of playing the first 5 rounds or so bk in the old days!

Anyone i know still around,be great to chat again!
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 09:15   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Any Old Skol players around?

imma old sk0ll parteh animal u nigga wigga pa thieffetish muttafukka biatz rite, so sup?
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 10:38   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am Old skool but you probs dont know meh.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 10:38   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

hehe you said skol that cheap beer that no one likes

Unread 9 Mar 2005, 14:45   #5
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

The lesser skilled old players are still about....
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 14:55   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
I resent that.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 15:32   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:

Unread 9 Mar 2005, 15:38   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

wouldnt call people such as syn_sid to be lesser skilled, not even while very very drunk
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 18:23   #9
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Like me though as others have pointed out, some 'skilled' ones also remain.
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 20:51   #10
Ts_Top Secret
Top Secret *Real one*

Yo people.well good to see old players still breathing!!
I hear PA has dropped a bit since the old days,not such a big game as it use to be,is this true?
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 20:53   #11
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Pa is still sexy tho..
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 20:54   #12
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

There should be almost as many people playing it now. Just that allmost everyone stick to just one planet, instead of 20 each ;-)

OK, there has been a decline in the playerbase, I believe it's around 4k now.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 21:18   #13
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

5-6k last i remember, of which over half were paid accounts.
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 21:27   #14
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I resent that.
He would never call you a player.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 23:07   #15
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

I played rounds 4 and 5, was an even larger nub than I am today back then
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!

Last edited by Orion Treet; 12 Mar 2005 at 20:42.
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 01:15   #16
Ts_Top Secret
Top Secret *Real one*

i dont know how many players were on in the old days,anyone got any idea?
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 01:21   #17
Phil^
Insomniac

players or accounts? big difference back then
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 08:26   #18
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well i beleive ppl like Killmark in those days made over half the memberbase now anyway so.. most of the old plannets were just multis. And unfortunatly ive played every round upto last.. as this one im not playing

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 10:02   #19
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Well i beleive ppl like Killmark in those days made over half the memberbase now anyway so.. most of the old plannets were just multis. And unfortunatly ive played every round upto last.. as this one im not playing
Ohw

Unread 10 Mar 2005, 10:10   #20
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts_Top Secret
Yo people.well good to see old players still breathing!!
I hear PA has dropped a bit since the old days,not such a big game as it use to be,is this true?

Don't listen to the numbers just play the game
Its a much better game nowadays.

Unread 10 Mar 2005, 10:16   #21
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
5-6k last i remember, of which over half were paid accounts.
Last round reached about 4.6-4.7k, didn't get close to 5-6k I don't think.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 11:55   #22
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts_Top Secret
i dont know how many players were on in the old days,anyone got any idea?
Hehe, there were around 300000 planets at it's peak, but long not so many people actually playing, there were many multi's back then. Now adays the amount of planets is basicly the ammount of people playing
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 15:34   #23
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Treet
Hehe, there were around 300000 planets at it's peak, but long not so many people actually playing, there were many multi's back then. Now adays the amount of planets is basicly the ammount of people playing
I thought it was more like 200,000 at the most.
Unread 10 Mar 2005, 16:15   #24
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

top secret!! :P i replied to your thread on gd...i remember you but not sure if u remember who i am?? ahh well

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 01:10   #25
Ts_Top Secret
Top Secret *Real one*

Talking Re: Any Old Skol players around?

Mek i do remember u but werent u in some kind of alliance and we was in the same galaxy one round?

Yes very true,alot of multis,bloody remember that,the huge attacks i use to get,wasnt possible to be anything else but multis!!
They were the hard days of trying to keep bloody alive lol.

Unread 13 Mar 2005, 06:33   #26
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

I'm still here too....
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 02:14   #27
Ts_Top Secret
Top Secret *Real one*

hey ice lady!! how u?
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 02:48   #28
Xerxez
CINC O-holt

Xerxez is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
I thought it was more like 200,000 at the most.
still a bit much..

when planetarion was sold late 2002/early 2003 they used "nearly 180.000" in their "for sale" ad

obviously still talking planets, not players ;-)
r3: [155:17:9] Xerxez of O-holt [none]
r4: [237:8:3] Hannibal Barca of Carthaginian Prime [none]
r5: [33:13:3] Kublai Khan of the Yuan dynasty [Ooooomph!/VtS]
r6: [10:9:4] - Scott Summers - of - Cyclops - [VtS]
r7-: [retired]
Xerxez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 02:55   #29
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I'm 99% certain I've seen DB dumps with well over 200k planets.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 03:01   #30
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Guilty as charged!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 03:34   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
Guilty as charged!
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 11:09   #32
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
He would never call you a player.

True. My r6 cynnical GC is bigger than the game now, like you.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 11:10   #33
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Nah.

To begin with, i was being sarcastic.

You, Cochese, Banned, Desse, etc.. are in a different league sir.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 11:52   #34
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

i'm kinda somewhat old skool... but i'm still a brat.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 23:15   #35
Ts_Top Secret
Top Secret *Real one*

i see.i never knew planetarion was sold on to someone else,just shows how long i've been away from it all!!
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 16:40   #36
Matic

Funny to see this topic here as I just signed up to the forums minutes ago, having not been around since ohh....round 3?...

Its been quite sometime =)
Looks as though I have a lot of reading to do before I can catch up with whats going on hence it may be some time still before i decide to auctually give the ga me another go.
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 17:55   #37
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah.

To begin with, i was being sarcastic.

You, Cochese, Banned, Desse, etc.. are in a different league sir.

I've got one top 100 finish in all these rounds.

Far from 'skilled'

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 17:55   #38
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic
Funny to see this topic here as I just signed up to the forums minutes ago, having not been around since ohh....round 3?...

Its been quite sometime =)
Looks as though I have a lot of reading to do before I can catch up with whats going on hence it may be some time still before i decide to auctually give the ga me another go.

Just do it, love it, kiss it and enjoy it like it was back in the day cept better about a millions times over.

Unread 16 Mar 2005, 01:26   #39
Ts_Top Secret
Top Secret *Real one*

Its good to see old players coming back
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 05:11   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
I've got one top 100 finish in all these rounds.

Far from 'skilled'
I'll keep quoting Cochese's posts luv

However, furssie, you are a true gent to think so.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 17:46   #41
max_vix
ViX

max_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these parts

Yeah I used to play in round 3 and round 4 ...not played since though.

Used to a member and then HC of ViX-Power

my name was Zannoi of Mar Saras and Aldan of Arius or sommat...
max_vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 11:50   #42
Ts_Top Secret
Top Secret *Real one*

That name you used,rings a bell,hmm.its a shame i dont have a better memory but then again it was some time ago lol
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 01:40   #43
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I'm 99% certain I've seen DB dumps with well over 200k planets.
I do for sure know it was 180k...prolly came over 200k as you say tho. Grew amasingly fast back then.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 17:24   #44
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough

Been a while since I was here. Played r3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 9,5? Not really considering coming back. I like my life to much
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 17:59   #45
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Winners at planetarion, losers at life <3
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 22:10   #46
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Winners at planetaron, winners at life?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 01:32   #47
Sally
Yo' Bitch

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checked in for the first time in a few years

S.
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 01:48   #48
Ts_Top Secret
Top Secret *Real one*

kool,weird how many old players are now checking back like myself!
Unread 25 Mar 2005, 21:13   #49
Yes Please

2045 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just decided to check what PA was up to today, last time I logged was probably 2 years ago =O

edit: Oh are they still using my skin? It's called moon something, labbed with "Slizer" on the menu base
2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 01:24   #50
Neferti
part time ghost

I can't see it...