User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 04:12   #1
Chippeh
Void of Sarcasm

Chippeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Jumpgate Probing yourself

Having finally finished the research, I've just become aware that you can't do this, and I for one think you should be able to.

(If anyone is wondering why, JGP's display prelaunched fleets, handing for checking on waves and such)

I fail to see logically why you shouldn't be able too

Last edited by Chippeh; 13 Nov 2004 at 04:46. Reason: Typos
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 04:42   #2
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jumpgage Probing yourself

What?! That's half the reason I'm researching jumpgate technology. Sucks!
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 08:26   #3
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

if you have fleets returning you are able to probe yourself I think
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 09:23   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

JGP's are a joke to begin with.

The idea is sound (supposedly forcing you to scan your own targets) but in reality, it just gives scan planets all the more reason to exist.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:52   #5
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

You can scan yourself, as long as one of your fleets are returning home. However, the description of the scan (on the waves page) says: This scan can be used if you have a fleet travelling from you to the target. It will reveal any other fleets traveling to the same target.

So it does sound like you are not able to scan yourself (notice that it says "from you to the target", while a returning fleet is from the target and to you. Actually, it would make sense if the target could do a JGP on you, as the fleet is on the way from him to you.)

Edit: the description in the manual is actually correct. On a side note, I happened to check the FAQ on the portal yesterday, one of the questions is about Sector Scans
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 15:10   #6
Chippeh
Void of Sarcasm

Chippeh is an unknown quantity at this point

I never doubted that the manual was correct, it still has no logical implication. I mean, pertend this were actually happened, you actually think a planet could do one a trillion miles away on a planet because there fleet is going there? but not on their own planet? :/
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 16:24   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad
You can scan yourself, as long as one of your fleets are returning home. However, the description of the scan (on the waves page) says: This scan can be used if you have a fleet travelling from you to the target. It will reveal any other fleets traveling to the same target.

So it does sound like you are not able to scan yourself (notice that it says "from you to the target", while a returning fleet is from the target and to you. Actually, it would make sense if the target could do a JGP on you, as the fleet is on the way from him to you.)

Edit: the description in the manual is actually correct. On a side note, I happened to check the FAQ on the portal yesterday, one of the questions is about Sector Scans
When your fleet is returning YOU are actually the target of the fleet. So it IS correct in a way
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 17:02   #8
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

But it is not going from YOU, it is going from wherever it was sent to. Therefore, the first half of the statement is not fulfilled.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 17:30   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

True enough. Should rewrite it to "This scan can be used if you have a fleet travelling to a destination. It will reveal any other fleets traveling to the same destination."

I just found a typo aswell in the describtion of JGP's, it's 'travelling', not 'traveling' as you have written the last time you used the word in the describtion
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 20:56   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

The purpose of a jumpgate probe is to primarily check the status of another target, so I don;t really think it needs twekaing so u can jumpgate probe yourself

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread