User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:30   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Movie Ratingss - x2

Cat Woman - Shit. They've taken the Catwoman idea from Batman and just made it crap. Even if Halle looks quite nice, I just wished she died when thrown out of the sewage thing. So bloody cheesy, was unbelievable.

Bourne Supremacy: Good. It's the American version of James Bond thrown in with Mission Impossible (without the shiteness) and a bit of old-style Italian Job. I'm debating whether there'll be a 3rd one to make a trilogy but the fact he finds out his real name and saying how this is just the beginning etc. means it probably since the popularity of it etc.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:39   #2
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about
Re: Movie Ratingss - x2

by my amazing power of thought* i think there will be a 3rd Bourne film

called wait for it....

"The Bourne Ultimatum"

*there books by Robert Ludlum

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:40   #3
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

oh on ta for the ratings

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:44   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

What deathjam said and...

Manchurian Candidate : If you wanted a cyncial approach to american politics and world affairs then this is the movie you should of seen instead of turning up to the boring pile of turd that Farenheit 9/11 was. Absolutely excellent remake of a classic movie, Meryl Streep puts on her oscar face and is surely a shoe in for best supporting actress.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:50   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Meryl Streep puts on her oscar face

PS I saw a trailer for the manchurian candidate, it looked pretty interesting. I didn't quite get the general idea though. Sometime in the future someone runs for president and he's some kind of military experiment? I assume I got that wrong heh.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:59   #6
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I saw the trailer for Manchurian Candidate - why is it not a sequel to Courage Under Fire ? The beginning of this trailer seems to indicate to me all the reasons it is but the latter and the name does not - why?

Chronicles of Riddick: Looks good - Star Wars mixing up the shit that is the Matrix trilogy to create something which isn't shit Has Bin Diesel in it, so might be an ok film judging by Fast & Furious (what a bastard for failing to do 2 Fast 2 Furious - but it did make that all the better though = ) & xXx films + it stars Judey Blench (M from 007)

Hellboy: Looks OK - but no doubt will probably be poor.
----------retired-------
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 02:00   #7
Sunday8pm
Banned

The trailer betrays the greatness of the movie, it kinds throws things out of context in some bites.

The jist is something happened to a unit out in the middle east, since then one of the unit is in position to get into the white house, something isn't right etc. The movie is 2 hours 10 minutes long, but when it finished I hardly felt like I had just sat down it was that engrossing imo and very well paced. Not like LOTR when you could feel the minutes being drained out of your life at points.

Anyway to surmise
it's a bit conspiracist
A bit thriller
A bit cynical
a bit dark humour
excellent acting
excellent directing
excellent scripting with regards to the amount of stand out single lines.
no plot holes but plenty, what uh just happened moments.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 02:03   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hmm, I didn't feel like that about LOTR at all

Also, have you seen Alien vs Predator next? (Tell me it's shit and you're banned, straight up, no questions).
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 02:04   #9
Sunday8pm
Banned

I'll endeavour to go see it, however seeing as it's the gf that can only get the free tickets it'll take some persuasion, that or I'm just going to have to harass my future roomie who is a jehovah who works there too.

I am planning on seeing Yu-Gi-Oh on monday matinee....

p.s. I'm a big fan of both the alien and predator series (My art project back in high school consisted of photo-realism and HR Giger) so I can promise the fairest review one can give to an action movie.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 02:06   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

AVP looks the shit (as in good Jonny - not bad lol) - I saw the trailer for it in December last year on Apple's site - the trailer hasn't really changed in comparison to the TV spots I saw on American cable while I was in Florida not too long ago.

I loved the original Alien movies - I have the box set
----------retired-------
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 02:09   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

Androme, the manchurian candidate is a remake of a classic movie that Frank Sinatra made RIGHT before JFK got killed and hence it kinda ended up staying in the can and little was heard about it called the manchurian candidate btw.

Just because you'll find a movie re-using some actors very commonly associated with american propoganda military movies shouldn't mean you dump this in the same bracket.

The Chronicles of Riddick was a pleasent sci-fi no brainer sit through, I'm definately interested in reading any novels that this movie was based on after seeing the movie, however it lifts heavily from Tron imo with regards to some aspects of the plot.

Hellboy I Didn't go to see but I would watch it and like it purely because I appreciate the abilities of the actor playing Hellboy.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 02:40   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My house mate works at an effects studio which is doing some work for Alien vs Predator. Apparently it looks like it'll be shit (and this guy is a big fan of the Alien films and Giger's art, etc)

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 15 Aug 2004 at 08:46.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 02:58   #13
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
My house mate works at an effects studio which is doing quite some work for Alien vs Predator. Apparently it looks like it'll be shit (and this guy is a big fan of the Alien films and Giger's art, etc)
I mistook you for Deffeh there saying "it looks shit" and was going to post "cheer up you miserable sod" - heh
----------retired-------
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 11:25   #14
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I can't be arsed to make an excerpt from the movie thread in our schoolforum.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 11:58   #15
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't see how AvP could be anything but an appauling movie.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 13:18   #16
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently not, but given that I'm a fan of the director's previous movies I suspect I'll enjoy it all the same. At any rate AVP couldn't be any worse than the two games of the same name.

Hell Boy - At first I thought it wasn't going to be interesting at all as I'm not a real big comic book hero freak. However after seeing the trailer it looks better than some of the other disappointing super-hero movies of late.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 13:54   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

The first AvP was an excellent game, but I've not played the second so I can't comment on that.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 09:44   #18
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll be seeing Catwoman or Bourne tonight - looks like you've made my decision for me ;D

I think Hellboy will be surprisingly good actually, as people don't expect much from it.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 10:44   #19
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I have 'Hellboy' computer game that i bought for a pound. If the film is anywhere near as good, expect amazing things.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 19:29   #20
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

King Arthur is a good film

mainly for Keira Knightley........................

....... Actually only cos of Keira Knightley
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 20:39   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

King Arthur was shit...
That dude was way in the wrong film. Like he was lost or something and was desperately looking around for his camelot but couldn't find it.

Hellboy was OK.

I really liked the Chronicles of Riddick. But I believe that is because I watched "pitch black" and "dark fury" before that movie and it made a whole lot more sense.

Thunderbirds are OK... if you watched the old series it's recommendable just for the nostalgia. Otherwise it's another one of those kids movies.

I, Robot was cool

The Punischer was OK-ish

Michael Valliant is OK-ish, but only if you watched the old cartoon series so you can point your finger and laugh at how rediculously similar the plot is.

Eurotrip was teh cool.

So far a few remotely good movies I watched and reviewed on our forum.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:53   #22
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
What deathjam said and...

Manchurian Candidate : If you wanted a cyncial approach to american politics and world affairs then this is the movie you should of seen instead of turning up to the boring pile of turd that Farenheit 9/11 was. Absolutely excellent remake of a classic movie, Meryl Streep puts on her oscar face and is surely a shoe in for best supporting actress.
3 month late, but anyway:
i think it was shit. far too american for my personal taste. 'evil company wants to take of the usa, but the forces of good, who fight for freedom, democracy and world peace all day long, stops them'
seriously, the whole movie made me feel sick. i was very close to walk out of it.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 14:56   #23
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Sorry to disappoint you all, but Hellboy was very very shitty. The start was really cool, if you like silly conspiracy theories, but then it just went downhill.

Now, anyone seen Flying Daggers? (If that's the translation in English, but it should atleast be something close to that). Very much the same as Hero and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and if you liked those movies, you'll like Flying Daggers aswell.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 21:55   #24
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad
Now, anyone seen Flying Daggers? (If that's the translation in English, but it should atleast be something close to that). Very much the same as Hero and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and if you liked those movies, you'll like Flying Daggers aswell.
Actually got to see it last friday as it happens. Student CInema got hold of a copy

Was actually rather impressive, reminded me a lot of CT-HD (liberal with reality at times) with rather good swordplay. The ending did seem to drag a bit but that was possibly because it was the 4th film I'd seen that night....

Engrossing storyline overall tho. I'd reccommend it if you like that kinda thing

Edit: Called "The House of Flying Daggers" iirc
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote