User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 21:51   #1
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
Return of the King

They say it is 'such an emotional movie that will make you cry'.
That makes me worry because all emotional scenes in the last two movies were boring as hell. After the two towers (big disappointment) i really don't expect much from this one
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 21:54   #2
Richie987
Mistress's fluffer

Richie987 can only hope to improve
Re: Return of the King

I can't wait for this movie! The Two Towers in my opinion was better than the Fellowship (due to more action and deeper look into characters emotions and motives) and the Return of the King will be a excellent way to top it all!
I'll be queueing up for this one!!

#1 Galaxy Winner
#1 ********** Galaxy winner
Top 15 ********** planet
Richie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 22:15   #3
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

I only liked the bit about the battle with Sauron at the beginning of the first film. That was cool.

Oh and the Balrog.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 22:18   #4
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

so gay that they had to leave out sauraman

he was one of the best and most interesting chars in the movie

oh well

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 22:27   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't really see how The Two Towers was a disappointment. I don't see how anyone could have realistically expected anything radically different (after seeing the first one I mean).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 23:08   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
so gay that they had to leave out sauraman

he was one of the best and most interesting chars in the movie

oh well

Zar
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
Quote:
in the movie
WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 23:11   #7
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie987
I can't wait for this movie! The Two Towers in my opinion was better than the Fellowship (due to more action and deeper look into characters emotions and motives) and the Return of the King will be a excellent way to top it all!
I'll be queueing up for this one!!

Yes however they did hange most of them to suit
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 23:35   #8
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear its been leaked in book form.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 23:45   #9
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

i hear people said that two years ago
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 23:49   #10
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Unfortunately, The Two Towers was a never-ending pile of arse.

I understand that 'The Lord Of The Rings' is an epic saga, and I fully intend to getting around to reading it one day. However, they didnt need to make the film a never ending pile of shite, which built up and built up to a huge fight, only to have the aforementioned fight be completely shite.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 23:56   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I saw the first film, found it boring, and didn't bother with the second. I haven't read the books on the basis that there are too many of them for them to possibly be good.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 00:04   #12
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn
i hear people said that two years ago
I hear your observant.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 00:07   #13
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Return of the King

I was pretty disappointed with The Two Towers when I first saw it, but I thought the extended version was substantially better.

I expect The Return of the King to be quite emotional, as they have 2.5 movies worth of plot lines to tie up.

(I'm half-expecting Peter Jackson will have the Entwives show up at the end of the film :lol: ).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:25   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
They say it is 'such an emotional movie that will make you cry'.
That makes me worry because all emotional scenes in the last two movies were boring as hell. After the two towers (big disappointment) i really don't expect much from this one
Considering HOW MANY ****ING CHARACTERS DIE or come within inches of death in the book , its fair to say that youre going to see just the tiniest smidgens of emotion in the film, and it may make a lot of people cry.

Im just saddened that the whole Wormtongue / Saruman thing wont play out because hes out of the movie.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 04:34   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i really preferred fellowship... tt was still a fantastic film... but i guess i preferred the fear and tension in the 1st (that you dont really get in 2) to the more action orientated approach of the 2nd.

plus the dwarf tossing bit was better in 1

i wonder if they are gonna have a joke in 3?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:43   #16
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I read the book. I watched the 2 first film. I still got a hard on. I bought the "extended hugely overprized version". I'm going to cry all way through the third film just because I know it'll all be over soon
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:46   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All 3 are ****ing great films. None of them do justice to the book, but then again , thats just something thats impossible anyway.

If the third one instill even a fraction of the emotion in me that the Third book did, its a ****ing winner in my eyes.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:47   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
I haven't read the books on the basis that there are too many of them for them to possibly be good.
Three? (Or one actually)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 09:53   #19
SomeOneYouKnow
Treepex

SomeOneYouKnow is an unknown quantity at this point

hm, the 2nd ( two towers) really surprise me,
what a great film that is,
i only hope the 3rd one would be same good as the 2nd
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 09:55   #20
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

All review's I have seen have got sperm stains on them

so I assume it's the best of the three
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:23   #21
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I can tell you Flavius. It eventually starts to taste like poo. You can maybe read it twice or thrice and see the movies before you are just sick of it.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:34   #22
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

know what would be cool? Hugo Weaving dressed up as elrond saying "Hi mr Anderson" to gandalf

:/
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:41   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
know what would be cool? Hugo Weaving dressed up as elrond saying "Hi mr Anderson" to gandalf

I think Hugo Weaving dressed as Tic would be better. In the Matrix films too.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 12:02   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:

Congratulations on being the 2,834th person to make the "Elrond saying 'Hello Mr Anderson' joke"
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:21   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
All 3 are ****ing great films. None of them do justice to the book, but then again , thats just something thats impossible anyway.

I disagree.
I doubt you can name ONE film that is better than the book it is based on. So LOTR in film version was never going to be better than the book. It/They are still amazing films though.

The only things I don't like are:
Where is Tom Bombadil? He was the best character in the entire saga
Arwyn and Aragorn... so boring. Less love and "sacrifice" plz ;o
Saruman being taken out. What about when the hobbits go back to the Shire? It added on so much more to the book!
Gimli being used as the "comic" part. It's like every film these days needs someone with wise cracks and lighthearted humour. Unnecessary.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:23   #26
Work_Child
Banned

Work_Child is an unknown quantity at this point

lolz bilbo baggins.
Work_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:28   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I disagree.
I doubt you can name ONE film that is better than the book it is based on. So LOTR in film version was never going to be better than the book. It/They are still amazing films though.

The only things I don't like are:
Where is Tom Bombadil? He was the best character in the entire saga
Arwyn and Aragorn... so boring. Less love and "sacrifice" plz ;o
Saruman being taken out. What about when the hobbits go back to the Shire? It added on so much more to the book!
Gimli being used as the "comic" part. It's like every film these days needs someone with wise cracks and lighthearted humour. Unnecessary.
Tom Bombadil was entirely worthless.

Arwen and Aragorn was included to flesh out the characters somewhat (I believe); it is included in LotR, but not in the main text.

Saruman being taken out is a poor decision. As is the Comedy Short People (Merry and Pippin have it worse than Gimli).

Oh, and as for a film better than it's book... American Psycho.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:33   #28
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Tom Bombadil was entirely worthless.
Lies. He freakin' rocked. And he had a cool christian name ^_^

Quote:
Arwen and Aragorn was included to flesh out the characters somewhat (I believe); it is included in LotR, but not in the main text.
I can't believe you corrected me on the spelling of a fictional ELF. She wasn't in the books so she gets nil respect from me. Dappy bint.

Quote:
Saruman being taken out is a poor decision. As is the Comedy Short People (Merry and Pippin have it worse than Gimli).
Ahh yes, forgot about them.
I did like the Ents. Although I noticed something. You know how it takes them about a day to get all the Ents together? Then when Treebeard notices Isengard, he goes "BRAAAAR BROOO BRAA" or whatever. And all the Ents are mysteriously 10 seconds away. That deserves a hearty wtf.

Quote:
Oh, and as for a film better than it's book... American Psycho.
Never read or seen it actually.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:35   #29
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

If the third one instill even a fraction of the emotion in me that the Third book did, its a ****ing winner in my eyes.
Fully agree with Kura

However, my tolerance of some of the mistakes and innaccuracies the film makes wanes somewhat when i re-read the book for the 4th or 5th time. They are still two (and obviously three) of my favourite films ever, but there was so many little things that would have taken two, maybe three seconds to mention or correct that would have made it a whole lot better.

Plus choosing an elrond that didnt suck would have helped

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:36   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I can't believe you corrected me on the spelling of a fictional ELF. She wasn't in the books so she gets nil respect from me. Dappy bint.
She was in the books.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:38   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not at some of the points Jackson chose to throw her in

Plus the elves werent at the frickin battle of helms deep

And for someone who said he left a lot of parts out because of time restraints, throwing the extra part where aragorn falls off the cliff for no apparent reason was ****ing stupid

Plus he left out all the gifts they were given at Lothlorien

need i go on?

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:40   #32
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:

I agree with Kura, you can't really explain it any better than this.

Quote:
I disagree.
Did you read AND comprehend Kura's post before you quoted and replied with that, because you are saying exactly the same thing, in a slightly different way. Is English your native language? If it isn't I'll forgive you.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:41   #33
Work_Child
Banned

Work_Child is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we are missing the point here that for the point of making a film, they could not have done a full adoptation from the books, the majority of the population will not have read the books, so they're hardly gonna give them selves a hernia if theres a scene missing, on their own they make fine a series of films, they were far too long to be enjoyably watchable by the majority of audiences as it is, unless your a hardcore LotR fan, or a fantasy buff. They have to sell it to the general public and the general public dont want to sit through three, 23 hour films.
Its called Editing, go look it up.
Work_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:42   #34
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh

need i go on?
He didn't, it's in the extended edition.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:45   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Jackson says in the commentary that he added them because in the books Legolas wishes for a contingent of Elven archers, and he decides to give them to him.

Quote:
And for someone who said he left a lot of parts out because of time restraints, throwing the extra part where aragorn falls off the cliff for no apparent reason was ****ing stupid
That bit is a bit stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work_Child
I think we are missing the point here that for the point of making a film, they could not have done a full adoptation from the books, the majority of the population will not have read the books, so they're hardly gonna give them selves a hernia if theres a scene missing, on their own they make fine a series of films, they were far too long to be enjoyably watchable by the majority of audiences as it is, unless your a hardcore LotR fan, or a fantasy buff. They have to sell it to the general public and the general public dont want to sit through three, 23 hour films.
Its called Editing, go look it up.
They said that the public wouldn't have say through 3 3 hour films either.

Also, most of the additions that are being mentioned (Saruman, etc) are a matter of minutes rather than hours. Perhaps if he didn't spend half the films on things like Helm's Deep, he'd have time.

[edit]

Hell, they said that people wouldn't sit through films of an hour.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 11 Dec 2003 at 13:54.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:48   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Did you read AND comprehend Kura's post before you quoted and replied with that, because you are saying exactly the same thing, in a slightly different way. Is English your native language? If it isn't I'll forgive you.
It is I'm afraid.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:49   #37
I am Idler
This is bat country

how pld would it be if all heroes are killed 20 minutes into the third film?

VERY
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:51   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Not really, as there wouldn't be much to do after that, given that Sauron will have the Ring and thus the power to destroy Middle Earth.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:53   #39
I am Idler
This is bat country

But what a destruction of Epic proportions?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:19   #40
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
He didn't, it's in the extended edition.
Now, ive not seen the third film yet and i doubt you have either, so i dont think either of us can fully answer this yet; but

How does that work? Are the gifts just going to magically appear when the heroes need them most? Surely them being given the gifts is more important than an extended scene?

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 16:04   #41
Tomkat

Quote:
I agree with Kura, you can't really explain it any better than this.

Not at all. He said it didn't do justice to the book. I said there was no way it'd be regarded as good as the book, so it was never going to do justice to it.

For someone who calls themselves "Belgarath the Sorcerer", I'll let the snide remark about me not understanding English go.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 16:14   #42
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Quote:
Now, ive not seen the third film yet and i doubt you have either, so i dont think either of us can fully answer this yet; but

How does that work? Are the gifts just going to magically appear when the heroes need them most? Surely them being given the gifts is more important than an extended scene?
In the extended edition of the first film as I recall, some sort of dream sequence, plus the characters talk about what they got as well.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 16:16   #43
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Quote:
Not at all. He said it didn't do justice to the book. I said there was no way it'd be regarded as good as the book, so it was never going to do justice to it.

For someone who calls themselves "Belgarath the Sorcerer", I'll let the snide remark about me not understanding English go.
It's all about semantics isn't it.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 16:39   #44
Flayer
Wankoverable

Quote:
Congratulations on being the 2,834th person to make the "Elrond saying 'Hello Mr Anderson' joke"
wow i must be a genious, I have never heard it before

I'll also point out that rotk is 3,5 hours.

Last edited by Flayer; 11 Dec 2003 at 16:45.
Flayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 17:46   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:

I think the fact that it was in the first film and the first book might put a stop to it being in Return of the King.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 19:14   #46
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not at some of the points Jackson chose to throw her in

need i go on?
who cares? it's just a movie fs.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 19:18   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
That's just, like, your opinion man.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 19:42   #48
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
wrong. Its a book

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 19:47   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
wrong. Its a book
I'm pretty sure that Peter Jackson's adaptation of The Lord of the Rings, which you were commenting about, was in the medium of film.

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 19:56   #50
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I disagree.
I doubt you can name ONE film that is better than the book it is based on.
About a Boy
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote