User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Oct 2003, 15:45   #1
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Planetarion vs Jolt CS

Can anyone who would be interested in getting a team of 5 players together for a Planetarion vs Jolt CS tournament please either post in this thread or e-mail me on [email protected] . In order to plan this properly we have to have an idea of how many teams there would be.

In case it has any bearing on your decision then please note the following:

- The game will be standard CS with cheats forbidden
- Matches will be played on Sunday evenings, probably throughout November depending on interest.
- The format of the tournament will depend a lot on how many teams are involved from either side.
- The exact version of CS will be whatever Jolt have at the time. (atm v1.6)
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 16:45   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion vs Jolt CS

ppffffftttttt cs sux

battlefield1942 4-ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 01:09   #3
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

For future reference: if you make it Wolfenstein Enemy Territory instead, hirr would probably be interested

(that goes for anybody who sees this obviously)
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 13:08   #4
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Long live WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne (preferably the map Tides of Blood)
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 13:40   #5
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
For future reference: if you make it Wolfenstein Enemy Territory instead, hirr would probably be interested

(that goes for anybody who sees this obviously)
That'd be boring, clearly nobody would stand a chance
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 15:38   #6
Deviant

Deviant has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
- The exact version of CS will be whatever Jolt have at the time. (atm v1.6)
Make it 1.5 and i'm in. 1.6 uses steam, and steam is the biggest ****up ever i could never connect to it, i let it try for 4 hours and al it did was stand there saying it was connecting. And no it isn't a problem with my internet connection

So make it CS 1.5 and i'm in.

Deviant initiative - join #Deviant
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 16:23   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant
Make it 1.5 and i'm in. 1.6 uses steam, and steam is the biggest ****up ever i could never connect to it, i let it try for 4 hours and al it did was stand there saying it was connecting. And no it isn't a problem with my internet connection

So make it CS 1.5 and i'm in.
leave it a while, it's probably updating without telling you

it did that to me
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 20:56   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right-click steam icon, do Games, right-click Counter-Strike, do properties, do Calculate Cache Status.

If its not 100% then it's going to have to finish updating before it lets you connect to any server so just leave Steam open in the background overnight/until it's done.
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 17:56   #9
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

Halo anyone?
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 18:05   #10
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Oooo nice.

[HR] should be able to field an 1337 team ourselves!

R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 20:03   #11
Konsul
Monkey in a Wheel

Konsul is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be fun to participate in those events.

However, knowing my limitations and my personal philosophy towards the use cheats/exploits I prefer not to signup.

Also available on IRC, #planetarion or #ipc-alliance
Konsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 14:30   #12
Banana

Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to play :-) Don't care or it's 1.5 or 1.6 CS is just great :-).

<Banana> Fear me
<Banana> Love me
<Banana> nvm... just don't attack me again ffs!
Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 18:35   #13
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Jolt would whoop our arses
Unread 4 Nov 2003, 11:07   #14
DeadMan
Slave of Catwoman

DeadMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Count me in!

CS 1.5 will never go away until steam is gone.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2003, 17:09   #15
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Call of Duty is going to blow your CS and rtcw and BF awaayyyyyyyy
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 07:46   #16
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Well, Clanbase, CPL, CAL or other-based rules?

1.6 shild sux, so i need to know how the tactic goes =P
and isildurx BF is for l33t and sux 4ev3r!!!!!!

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 13:01   #17
xozmal
Clad in Shadows

xozmal is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Planetarion vs Jolt CS

if i had sufficient internet privilages at uni planetarion would be my secondary activity and cs would be my primary, as this is sadly not the case i cannot pwnd on cs in the name of planetarion
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 09:24   #18
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

might be interested...if the **** Bee can get his me the friggin CD with steam he is supposed too copy for me...

ill let you know May I include my clan members??

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 16:45   #19
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

make it 1.5!

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2003, 16:54   #20
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Is the reason we've heard no more about this because it's fallen through or what?
Unread 16 Nov 2003, 04:18   #21
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Is the reason we've heard no more about this because it's fallen through or what?
No - it's because I've been a bit busy and not got the details sorted yet. Now I've got an idea of how many teams we're entering I'll speak to the Jolt guy asap and finalise the details etc.

Sorry for keeping you all in suspense.
Unread 16 Nov 2003, 15:17   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Hurrah!
Unread 20 Nov 2003, 13:07   #23
Argilus
KniV HC

Argilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
might be interested...if the **** Bee can get his me the friggin CD with steam he is supposed too copy for me...

ill let you know May I include my clan members??
if they aim like u do, sure :P

/me pets mr Jonas
All through the night.

Argilus, Seraphim Guardian Angel
Argilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 13:25   #24
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

ok. AND? anything happening?
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 23:34   #25
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

Starcraft 4ever

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 02:13   #26
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

so much for them running through November

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 03:00   #27
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Yes =(

Oh well, I'm home in a week with no broadband or in fact pc until about January so I'm out =/ Shame, was looking forward to kicking DDK's ass. Single-handedly.