User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Dec 2006, 20:16   #51
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Sure, Volume 2 ended stupidly with the five-finger heart explosion thingy
Why was that stupid? In terms of it's purpose in the plot, it's the only ending that really makes sense. The Bride just outfighting Bill is meaningless, it lacks both the resonance and the irony present within the other interactions with the Deadly Vipers. Bill dying because of his lesser relationships with the people who made him what he is - Hattori Hanzo (less directly) and Pei Mei (entirely directly) - than The Bride had means that Bill's death is a result of choices he made, not because of some arbitrary victory.

In terms of the way it appears on screen, then why you choose to dislike this stylistic reference and not the others ones from the same sources is beyond me.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 20:21   #52
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Actually, yes! There was a single directorial and cinematographic approach taken per film, rather than, eg, a different central approach per chapter. And her name wasn't given in the first film, not because it was purposefully bleeped out several times and Tarantino wanted to pay homage to filmmaking cliche #63, "dramatic reveal of unimportant information".
It also dramatically changes the audience perception of the pre-wedding encounter between Bill and The Bride. Calling her "Kiddo" seems to the audience to be a term of endearment, and definitely not the standoffish use of the surname that it actually is.
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 20:29   #53
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
there was nothing that compared to the huge fight scene with lucy lius minions which lets face it was pretty much all kill bill was good for. i certainly didnt watch it for the stellar quality of the acting or for the amazing plot twists.
I actually didn't like that part - way too cliché, hero(ine) goes to kill the bad guy, has to fight their goons, who, despite seeing their comrades being chopped up 1 by 1, do not use their initiative and attack her en masse. After she kills all the goons single handedly, the prodigious bodyguard of the bad guy appears and fights the heroine, and dies due to the heroine getting a little bit of luck on her side (I can't remember how she got lucky in this film).

And then you claim that other parts of the film were cliché?
Also, the blood spraying out of the wounds like that just looks too fake and badly done, its also too gory which just gets boring and uncool, although the action is quite cool (her swinging the sword around etc.)
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 20:33   #54
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Of course it's cliched, the entire film is a long procession of (mostly eastern cinema) cliches. You can feel free not to like it, although as I said above it seems strange to choose one example of possibly the most prevalent element of the films to criticise.
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 20:54   #55
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

on the subject of films, has anyone else seen children of men? i'm really disappointed that more people haven't seen it and it's not got all that much publicity because it really is a very good film.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 23:00   #56
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Of course it's cliched, the entire film is a long procession of (mostly eastern cinema) cliches. You can feel free not to like it, although as I said above it seems strange to choose one example of possibly the most prevalent element of the films to criticise.
I actually love the films, both of them - I'm not sure why, I just love them. I merely decided to point out that the scene that Deffeh called good was cliched because he had written off part of the film in his post due to it being too cliche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
on the subject of films, has anyone else seen children of men? i'm really disappointed that more people haven't seen it and it's not got all that much publicity because it really is a very good film.
It was suggested to me by some guy I played world of warcraft with, and I went and saw it - I loved it, I don't know why there is so little publicity surrounding it
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 23:03   #57
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I actually love the films, both of them - I'm not sure why, I just love them. I merely decided to point out that the scene that Deffeh called good was cliched because he had written off part of the film in his post due to it being too cliche.
I wasn't actually referring to you with the second bit, although I didn't really make that clear, so fair enough.
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 00:08   #58
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
a man who is smaller than uma thurman, had a lisp, and didnt fight, didnt really appear like a credible 'big bad' after everything that went before

Just so you know, that bloke is damned hardcore. He starred in a TV series called kung-fu a long long time ago (ask dda, he'll probably remember it), where he was some martial arts guy. Generally speaking he could probably kick nine barrels of shit out of uma therman before she moved her hand.
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 00:23   #59
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I heard James bond could kick the shit out of mrs doubtfire too but thats not how it went down in that film. You cant take an actors baggage into a character, apart from the most typecast of actors (Clint Eastwood, John Wayne)

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 00:42   #60
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

vinnie jones? It's more for people who remember it, he probably doesn't seem like "some little bloke who is a weakling" and more as "a really hardcore bloke who's gotten on a bit".
but one should always remember, the weak looking old man in a martial arts film is the one you REALLY don't want to fight.
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 00:56   #61
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I heard James bond could kick the shit out of mrs doubtfire too but thats not how it went down in that film. You cant take an actors baggage into a character, apart from the most typecast of actors (Clint Eastwood, John Wayne)
I'm not sure where you're getting the "didn't fight" from.
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 00:57   #62
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

this can't be anything else but the worldcup.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 00:57   #63
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
your post would have more weight if you weren't a mum

maybe deffeh .. but then i was never a *babe* so i had no-where to drop to :P
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 01:02   #64
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

as long as you don't begin the post with "speaking as a mother" the opinion is no less valid than any other persons, surely?
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 13:59   #65
Shadow1980
Search Engine Specialist

Shadow1980 is infamous around these partsShadow1980 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
What has disappointed you most this year? England in the ashes? Chelsea... at all? Dace having sex? the lack of any real political change?

I would have to say the biggest dissapointment of 2006 for me was finding out that Lesbian webcam sessions are much less sexy and far more banal than i possibly could have imagined.
Planetarion and in particular it's current community.
Shadow1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 17:47   #66
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
apart from the most typecast of actors (Clint Eastwood, John Wayne)
David Hasselhoff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
this can't be anything else but the worldcup.
I guess I can't disagree here, the world cup was awfully (did I miss an e?) mundane, and some of the teams that were expected to do really well just played poor football tbh.