User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 5 Jun 2006, 20:36   #1
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
What to do?

So, is this forum worth watching?

I hope so but i see no reason to. The fault lies with the DMs, including me.

For my failure in my own threads i apologise. For the others, i am sorry.

Is there anything we can do?

is there any way to save this forum?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 21:38   #2
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: What to do?

It's the fault of me (at least) too. I wait a looong time with posting somehow.

This forum (at least) definitely was worth it. Cleansing and Rommey still are most definitely worth it too.

But I don't know.

Activity?
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 09:59   #3
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Im still watching this forum, ever hoping.

Andromeda Pirates is mainly what I check for activity.

If we do try and revive the Forum,how may I help?

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 10:31   #4
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Maybe we could all focus on one thread?

A new fresh start, just one thread, were five people is enough?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 10:48   #5
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Thats an idea, but what do we make the thread about? For all five people to be interested we would have to all agree on what it should be about.

Though that may be easier than I think, as I don't know what other people are interested in (roleplaying wise).

Unread 6 Jun 2006, 11:09   #6
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

meh, I'm in, we can't let this forum die just yet, you make the thread, i'll join.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 11:38   #7
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Hmmm, ok, maybe it is possible...
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 15:34   #8
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Meh, I'm still here - as finicky as ever

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 18:40   #9
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

I'm hiding in the shadows!

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 19:14   #10
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

so who's making this thread and what are the plans?
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 23:27   #11
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

I'd defenitely be in, I'd even make an effort to at least check for updates once a day or so. On a side note, hello everyone, it's been forever since I posted/done anything, and I've missed being around you bunch.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 23:52   #12
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Our new thread
Unread 7 Jun 2006, 00:21   #13
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Though it may not seem like it I am still around keeping an eye on the forum, even if on basis as a mod for this section. Not that a lot happens here. Myself I have been busy sorting some things out for a while now, a task I am still in the process of doing somewhat. So to be honest I took the roleplaying mood out of me so I suppose somewhat blame for failing to post in some threads when I could of tried, a point I will try to correct hopefully soon as I can get back into roleplaying once this visa and job stuff is no longer such a big issue for me. With luck this forum might be resurrected even if partially.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2006, 23:43   #14
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

ok, so there's two of us and a DM, but we need more, c'mon, crazy, fluffy, hewitt, and all the reast of you. The thread's waiting.
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 09:35   #15
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been away for a long time, but found today two interesting e-mails in my Inbox. Apparently somebody's been trying to get into my forums account, using more than five incorrect passwords and getting it locked for 15 minutes each time. I was given two IP addresses in the e-mail.

I am amused by this failed attempt to steal something of very little value. Why would somebody want access to my account? I can't see how somebody could have typed the wrong username in ten times without noticing.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 11:36   #16
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

It's happened to a few people, and, so sayeth the GD mods, the problem should be solved soon-ish.
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 14:54   #17
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

UPDATE: they've banned the guy, but it won't last long, because he's a GD regular (seems like he was doing it for pos reps!)
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 20:25   #18
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

How shallow is it possible to get?
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2006, 23:18   #19
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Very
Unread 15 Jun 2006, 23:25   #20
The Pool Table
Bar-room accessory

The Pool Table is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh come on, you wander off for months of blatant inactivity and then pop up with the word "Very"?
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 00:05   #21
ASME
DarkStar

Yup

Unread 16 Jun 2006, 01:00   #22
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

oh come on, you can hardly talk, I doubt you've even posted here since the original HRH
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 12:47   #23
The Pool Table
Bar-room accessory

I drop in occasionally when there's something appropriate for me to do
Not really much call for pool tables these days.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 14:27   #24
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Bit of competition from them poker machines aye?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 15:56   #25
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Pool tables are handier for "dancing" () on though.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 18:25   #26
The Pool Table
Bar-room accessory

Actually it's those thrice damned 'Who wants to be a millionaire' quiz machines these days

We are too! Sorry though Fluff, you're just not my kind of "dance" partner.
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 01:31   #27
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Awww... I can roleplay someone cuter than the real me though?
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 16:57   #28
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

*stumbles in from the dark*

Why is this place not dead yet? Don't make me get out the pointy eye-ball poking stick! :-p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 17:07   #29
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

Inspectre?! Quick; make new thread! Preferably something involving space, soldiers and firepower. Preferably without Doom and Half-life references.
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 17:12   #30
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

*blinks*

Huh? Wha? Thread with space, soldiers, and firepower?

Sounds kinda like The Return - maybe that'll settle you barbaric natives down so you can trade me all your land for a few glass beads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 16:01   #31
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

The Return, the Arrival, the Homecoming... I wouldn't know - as long as it bleeds I'm good.
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 10:09   #32
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunin Hemm
The Return, the Arrival, the Homecoming... I wouldn't know - as long as it bleeds I'm good.
Dace adopts the EXACT same mentality
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 12:13   #33
Czar

Czar is an unknown quantity at this point

*Fading in out of nothingness -again*

Huh... What?
This place... It seems familiar. But... Smaller somehow...
Where is everyone?

Don't tell me that after, what, a decade? this place is collapsing, eh?

*GRMBLE*

I'll have to dig up a few of the ol'Boys...
Let me see what I can do...

And- Hi All!
Unread 29 Jul 2006, 10:59   #34
Verric
Idiot

Verric is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys---!!!
Verric is offline   Reply With Quote