User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Apr 2006, 05:43   #1
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Adjusting Skins

Following on a similar note from my other skin thread, i noticed that there is a new column that shows the amount of XP that you've accumulated throughout the round. This is obviously a nice and handy thing to have so that you dont need to jump onto Sandman's to check out whether you got some XP from that scan or not, but it does mean that many Skins have been knocked out of whack due to the new field.

This thread will try to list the ones that need Adjusting due to the change:
Flight Deck
Terran (Numbers are hard to read)
Newspaper (only 1 verticle line needs to be (re)moved)
PsyCaution (blotches are all b0rked now :\ )
Mystic Dark (needs major overhaul)
Vencodor (blotches need to be moved, the "Round 13" part needs to be updated too)
Purple Haze
Spreadsheet (Value lines, R13 again)
Round XIV (the M/C/E boxes arent centred anymore - fickle i know... )
Silver (all boxes)
Clear Control (mail/news box)
1up (vertical slashes misalligned)
LCARS (boxes again)
LCH (metal, crystal, eonium glowing elements dont line up with the names anymore...)

All the others are fine.
So, if anyone who has some degree of artistic skill, and/or the original authors wish to update their skins, then go for it .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 12:56   #2
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: Adjusting Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
do ppl really care about skins really? most of them looks like shit anyway
Yes. Interface makes a big diffrence to peoples experience of a game like this.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 13:03   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

for some of them its as simple as knocking out the 'dividers' , for others like purple haze it requires a more complete retouch
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 13:04   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
do ppl really care about skins really? most of them looks like shit anyway
Yes.
im surprised you even had to ask
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 13:09   #5
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

thx for the blöb phil :/

but really a lot of them make ppl blind or have small text in the menubar that do them kinda worse than default
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 13:18   #6
Phil^
Insomniac

i didnt rep you :sigh:
thats twice in as many days people have assumed ive done something i havent
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 13:34   #7
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
I had noticed - i was beginning to think that you were becoming vindictive in your old age... .

Yes, people do use skins.
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 14:07   #8
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I want the round three skin remake, goddamit!
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 14:08   #9
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
well solly for the assumtion :/ aparently i stepped on a toe or 2 as various geeks decided to negrep me

too bad they are too pussy to sign it

well ontopic i use default skin or the black one no need too flurry things up really
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 14:44   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I've contacted some of the original artists, but some of them are prooving hard to track down, so any assitance would be appreciated

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 16:38   #11
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
well solly for the assumtion :/ aparently i stepped on a toe or 2 as various geeks decided to negrep me

too bad they are too pussy to sign it

well ontopic i use default skin or the black one no need too flurry things up really
Sorry if I forgot to sign. I do that sometimes.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 17:26   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

too bad they are too pussy to sign it.
If the rep isn't signed, don't even THINK about accusing a particular person of being the person who repped you. EVER.
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 17:59   #13
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Who made Red Alien? It's very stylish.

Unfortunately, Newspaper is still my favourite. There are some very nice skins IMO, robban 1; such as newspaper, red alien, zikonian, clean black, clear control and the LCH/Angels ones. It's a nice touch.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 18:49   #14
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

i've used clean black since r10.5 me thinks, it simply is the best skin in the game for me

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 19:46   #15
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I like Red alien aswell, had been using clean black but this round i found RA, nick and slick.
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 21:06   #16
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

I like to just remove anything not important to a game. In any game. That's why I use opera text-only. But I guess the looks are important for people that are less competitively oriented.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 22:17   #17
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
But I guess the looks are important for people that are less competitively oriented.
What an absolutely rubbish post. If I care about how the page looks, I'm suddenly a less competetive player? What's the logic there?

I was going to leave this in negrep to you, but it seems I've negrepped you recently...

As for updating skins: gogo
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 22:58   #18
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
What an absolutely rubbish post. If I care about how the page looks, I'm suddenly a less competetive player? What's the logic there?

I was going to leave this in negrep to you, but it seems I've negrepped you recently...

As for updating skins: gogo
No, it worked, grats. You absolutely missed the point though, and get aggressive immediately. Thanks for the entertainment.

Just a small lesson in logic:

Quote:
But I guess the looks are important for people that are less competitively oriented.
Means: not/less competitive => looks important
Means NOT: looks important => not/less competitive

N.B.: I GUESS == I THINK != FACT

In fact, I just wanted to list one group of people to whom looks are important, which doesn't exclude any other groups or persons.

I really don't understand how a person can jump at me like that for sucha post and take it personally immediately. In general, I don't understand why people get so aggressive and feel attacked so fast all the time on the Internet.

I guess [ == I THINK (!) ] that's just because it's so easy to immediately assault someone on the Internet, where you don't have to face the person you're "talking" to.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2006, 02:46   #19
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Most of the skins are not used, or at 1 or 2 %. I think the first thing is to advertise them on the overview. Tell people they can change skins in the preferences. Then see which ones are more popular and have them changed.
Unread 24 Apr 2006, 06:39   #20
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Indeed, i have been meaning to ask an admin to do that. I think the main cause of the huge number of people using the RXIV skin is simply because it is the default, and the only default. It would be more interesting perhaps if the game assigned a different skin to each person depending on when they signed up - eg, you have 10 skins, player 1, 11, 21, 31, 41, etc all have skin #1, 2, 12, 22 etc have skin #2 etc. then let people shuffle around a little bit and pick one they like...
Unread 24 Apr 2006, 07:59   #21
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Newspaper is by far the best. Easy to read, nothing to complicated.

(yes I know this isnt an opinions thread)
Unread 12 May 2006, 00:01   #22
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
I want the round three skin remake, goddamit!
hump0r = My CSS Planetarion @ fresh-lobster.co.uk

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2006, 08:21   #23
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

why haven't some of mrLobsters skins been added to the skins we can chose from ingame? Some of those are alot better than the current ones (and i'm not even talking about the scythe skin)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 04:29   #24
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

i agree they could be added but they need to be adapted to the actual template, right ? or would the CSS work ?
And create a page on the manual/portal where you can see them all at a glance (thumbs).
Oh btw, why not removing all the skins with 0 % usage ?

Last edited by Makhil; 25 May 2006 at 04:38.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote