User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Apr 2006, 15:18   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It worked last time so I thought I'd try it again

As you may or may not recall in December 2005 I made a thread asking for assistance in choosing a question for my essay on Russia (<3 <3 <3 to all those who helped me). this time around the focus of study is Italian history. this probably means less people will have any knowledge of the of the time-frame (1861-1943) but any help would be appreciated.

there are only 5 questions to choose from and all of them are crap. So here we go:

1) to what extent did the newly unified Italian state exercise the principles of 'liberty' enshrined in the Constitution of 1848? Answer with reference to the manner in which the Italian government dealt with opposition to the unification process during the 1860s.

2) What are meant by the terms transformismo and clientelismo? How did they evolve and what were their effects on the politics and administration of Liberal Italy?

3) Outline and assess the varying historical interpretation of the development of the Mafia in 19th century Italy.

4) How did the Liberal state deal with the rise of mass political movements during the 1890s? to what extent can it be accused of pre-meditated political oppression?

5) Examine the role played by the Liberal state in the rise of Fascism. to what extent did the ensuing dictatorship represent an institutional break with the Liberal state in terms of publicsecurity and political control?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

Last edited by All Systems Go; 15 Apr 2006 at 19:26.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 15:35   #2
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: It worked last time so I thought I'd try it again

question 1 seems to be the most straight forward
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 18:18   #3
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts

I wouldn't pick any of them, like, who cares and why bother? There's much more important stuff to learn about.
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 18:20   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword
I wouldn't pick any of them, like, who cares and why bother? There's much more important stuff to learn about.
like your mum, you could fill essays about all the men who've ****ed her just this week.
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 18:47   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

3 is the easiest one, then 5 and then 2
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 18:48   #6
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I'd probably go for 3.
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 19:07   #7
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
3 is the easiest one, then 5 and then 2
I forgot to mention that all the books for question 3 have been taken out of the library.

I think 5 would be easy if there was only 1 sentence, as it is it appears to me to be asking for 2 different things which leaves me a bit confused as to what it actually wants.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 19:20   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hmmm, you're right - none of them seem very good.

I'd probably do either 4 or 1, I think. A lot of the questions seem to be asking roughly the same thing; how did the liberal state respond to opposition (either to it's formation, or in the transformation to fascism or whatever). It's arguable what extent the values of liberalism genuinely survived the unification process in Italy anyway (kind of exmplified by Garibaldi's actions/course) and to what extent they were succesfully imbued in Italian political culture.

Anyway...1 seems to be a very specific question - or at least is made so by the "with reference to" bit and that can often be helpful to stop you rambling on, so long as you kind find enough source material to talk specifically about the opposition to unification in a meaningful manner. 4 could be interesting since most of the European states reacted to this poltical transformation in different ways although I'm not sure how a state can act in a "pre-meditated" fashion.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 19:58   #9
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I forgot to mention that all the books for question 3 have been taken out of the library.

I think 5 would be easy if there was only 1 sentence, as it is it appears to me to be asking for 2 different things which leaves me a bit confused as to what it actually wants.
I'm not an english native but as I see it
they want you to explain how the Liberal state made it possible to get replaced by fasism
and then explain what was left of the Liberal state, or how much it got screwed over

That doesn't sounds all that hard to me
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 20:02   #10
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is no help to you at all, but I'd probably go for three just because I'd get to talk about the mob.
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 21:30   #11
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I'm not an english native but as I see it
they want you to explain how the Liberal state made it possible to get replaced by fasism
and then explain what was left of the Liberal state, or how much it got screwed over

That doesn't sounds all that hard to me
Yes, but that is 2 questions and I'm unsure how much emphasis to place on each part. But perhaps I'm just over-thinking it.
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 19:40   #12
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Too bad that the books on 3 are gone. It would have been the one I would have picked because it is the shortest title and at least I could have save a few seconds on typing the title page.