User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 21 Jan 2006, 00:30   #1
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough
What is a Ziz

Ok so i look at the new stats and scroll up and down not paying much attention like normal (those of u that have been unfortunate to have me in ur gal know what i mean ). Then i thought ok nothing stands out in the races i was looking to play. Moved up and read through the Terran ship stats a little bit then looked at the names was looking down them seeing creatures from mythology then i saw the Ziz i have never heard of a mythical creature called a Ziz and so decided to google Ziz to see what it was. I did not have much luck it just seemed to throw random images with the word Ziz in to me.

So i thought i'd come here and ask what is a Ziz other than a terran DE class Pod?

Sebos
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 00:33   #2
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is a Ziz

From here

Quote:
Ziz

A bird mentioned in the book of Psalms, the ziz is a bird of enormous size, much like the roc. It can block out the sun with its wings and has incredible strength. It is said that it was created to protect all the small birds, and without its protection, these birds would have died a long time ago. The ziz is said to be kosher by the Jews. It is supposed to be one of the things served at the messianic banquet at the end of days along with the behemoth and the leviathan.

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 00:34   #3
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

Oh ok fair enough, thanks for fast responce
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 00:35   #4
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryph
i saw the Ziz i have never heard of a mythical creature called a Ziz and so decided to google Ziz to see what it was. I did not have much luck it just seemed to throw random images with the word Ziz in to me.

I googled ziz and it was the third link

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 21 Jan 2006, 00:38   #5
Sebos

hehe i googled pics and all the birds that came up didn't look particularly big.
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 01:05   #6
Biggin
Village Idiot

Biggin is on a distinguished road

incorrect. Ziz is that sticky goo that collects in the corner of your eyes that you have to dig out when you wake up in the morning.

hope this helps
Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 01:25   #7
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

it's still a silly name regardless of what it means :P

20 zizzes?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 01:33   #8
Biggin
Village Idiot

Biggin is on a distinguished road

/me nods
Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 01:37   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm guessing that the plural of Ziz is also Ziz, much like fish and sheep.
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 04:00   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i like it, its a bit different ;o
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 11:11   #11
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I'm guessing that the plural of Ziz is also Ziz, much like fish and sheep.
You're clever: If I have 3 of them, do I have Moose, mooses or meese?

And sure, ziz as a creature is alright, but the name sounds stupid. If I go terran, I'll be embarrassed to field a fleet with ziz in it. And barghests? Pfffft. Shame on you jester, you war criminal.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 11:28   #12
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
And sure, ziz as a creature is alright, but the name sounds stupid. If I go terran, I'll be embarrassed to field a fleet with ziz in it. And barghests? Pfffft. Shame on you jester, you war criminal.
I get why people have a problem with Ziz, but I don't get what's wrong with Barghest.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 13:05   #13
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I get why people have a problem with Ziz, but I don't get what's wrong with Barghest.
same here.. but neither will get changed anyways ... so suppose we'll have to live with it :/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 13:43   #14
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
same here.. but neither will get changed anyways ... so suppose we'll have to live with it :/
Yes, yes you do.
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 16:02   #15
Stifler

i like them

its a little different

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 21 Jan 2006, 23:52   #16
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Won't Ziz inevitably lead to confusion with Zik?
What's next? the Zix?
(there's bound to be a country out there somewhere that has the z near to the k on the keyboard)
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 00:27   #17
Explode
Blasting Caps

Explode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Won't Ziz inevitably lead to confusion with Zik?
i don't think Ziz will get mixed up....here is my reason....

you can't launch a Zik at someone....but i guess what you meant was the spelling...which would lead to some confusion so i would agree with you...

down on the name Ziz because it could confuse people

Last edited by Explode; 22 Jan 2006 at 00:36.
Explode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 00:39   #18
Explode
Blasting Caps

Explode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
it's still a silly name regardless of what it means :P
what would be a better name for this ship, that would fit its class
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 02:54   #19
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explode
what would be a better name for this ship, that would fit its class
"Terran Destroyer Pod"
springs to mind.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 04:36   #20
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
crab will make you pay for this transgression.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 13:45   #21
Explode
Blasting Caps

well what is a Barghest ?...kind of looks like Barghost to me....which may not be confusing at all

you guys do think of some unique names....
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 14:03   #22
Banned
Banned

Quote:
well what is a Barghest ?...kind of looks like Barghost to me....which may not be confusing at all

you guys do think of some unique names....
Quote:
Barghest
by Micha F. Lindemans
A monstrous dog with huge teeth and claws from the area around Yorkshire, northern England. It only appears at night. People believe that anyone who sees the dog clearly will die soon after the encounter. In Wales, they have the red-eyed Gwyllgi, the Dog of Darkness. On the Isle of Man it is called Mauthe Dog. (See also: Black Dogs.)
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 14:58   #23
Victuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
i like them

its a little different
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 15:06   #24
Explode
Blasting Caps

Talking Re: What is a Ziz

ok...the barghest sound pretty cool...
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 16:26   #25
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

I like Ziz :-(

But I guess I'm biased...
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 17:35   #26
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Jiz ftw
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 20:03   #27
Explode
Blasting Caps

Quote:
what would be a better name for this ship
how about Centaur

Definition:
any of a race of creatures fabled to be half man and half horse and to live in the mountains of Thessaly

Unread 22 Jan 2006, 21:55   #28
Altor

Altor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really nice

Quote:
Yes, yes you do.
You better, or I'll have to edit the bcalc stats AGAIN
Altor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 21:59   #29
Explode
Blasting Caps

Thumbs up Re: What is a Ziz

alittle off topic but when will the round 16 battle calc be built....

also this is what a Ziz looks like http://www.ornithomedia.com/pratique...oc_moineau.jpg
its so beautiful....we must keep the name...

ok i joke this is a better pic of a ziz
http://www.jacquelinejules.com/image...0the%20Ziz.jpg

here is why Ziz is such a powerful ship
http://www.yotor.org/wiki/en/zi/Ziz.htm

Last edited by Explode; 22 Jan 2006 at 23:40.
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 00:48   #30
Altor

Altor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really nice

Quote:
alittle off topic but when will the round 16 battle calc be built....
As you can read here the vision bcalc has allready been updated
Altor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 01:05   #31
Explode
Blasting Caps

Talking Re: What is a Ziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor
As you can read here the vision bcalc has allready been updated
sweet i was looking for that....thanks..