User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Oct 2005, 13:01   #1
Green Spit

Spartan Total Warrior

Is or has anyone here played Spartan Total Warrior? Im playing it on the PS2 at the moment but Im stuck on defeating Crassus. Any tips you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

By the way, if you havent played it and was thinking about getting it, I can recommend it. Its a pretty slick game and amost has an 'epic' feel about it. Im loving it at the moment apart from this crassus fella
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 13:07   #2
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Spartan Total Warrior

I could never get into any of the other Total War games, so I'm reluctant to give this one a go - even though having watched (and cried at... again) Gladiator last week I am tempted to buy it and relive the adventure as they say.

But I think I'll stick with AOE3, Earth 2160 and Lego Star Wars.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 13:26   #3
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Spartan is a typical hack-and-slash game, which is quite boring in my book (oh, nevermind that X-Men Legends 2 I have at home, only playing it because I'm bored).

And skiddy, the other Total War games are strategy games (atleast afaik), while this isn't. It's mostly only made by the same people, so they sell it based on their reputation.

Sorry for not being able to help you, though Tried gamefaqs.com yet?
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 13:53   #4
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
And skiddy, the other Total War games are strategy games (atleast afaik), while this isn't. It's mostly only made by the same people, so they sell it based on their reputation.
He's right you know. Total Warrior is about as far from Total War as you can get!

Personally, I thought it was kind of entertaining from the level I played, but could get boring. If you like that sort of game, try out Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders (or Heroes). They're a bit like Total Warrior, only they're based in a typical fantasy world and, IMO, are much better. If Total Warrior is a 5/10, they are 8/10.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 13:56   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

ill stick with rome total war. now that i found a way to unlock all the other civs its fun again
and while we are not on the topic (as this is a totally different game), shouldnt there be some kind of expansion set for rome total war coming out any time soon?
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 13:59   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Anyone saw 99 nights on xbox 360 yet?

Jesus, I am one of those 'don't care about grafx, gimme gameplay' dudes but hell yeah I would like to buy one just for that game. ****ing awesome, There was some warrior type samurai slashing through hundreds and hundreds of enemies (on screen yo) in the sexiest grafx I've ever seen in a beat'm up, all without a single trace of a slowdown.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 23 Oct 2005 at 14:12.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 14:10   #7
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
ill stick with rome total war. now that i found a way to unlock all the other civs its fun again
and while we are not on the topic (as this is a totally different game), shouldnt there be some kind of expansion set for rome total war coming out any time soon?
yes barbarian invision

and how do you unlock the civs?
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 14:10   #8
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Quote:
How? Tell me, pretty pretty please
And yes, Barbaric Invasion was released a few days ago. I think.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 14:14   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And yes, Barbaric Invasion was released a few days ago. I think.
Nearly a month ago in fact.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 14:20   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

its pretty simple: there is a file in the directory 'Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign' called 'descr_strat.txt'.
open that file (its a simple textfile, so notepad is enough). at the top of that file there are three sections: playable, unlockable and nonplayable. simply cut and paste the civs from nonplayable to playable and there you go. i think you could do a lot of other things in that file aswell, but i didnt look it through yet.

the map on the start campaign screen looks a bit strange, but other than that eveything works fine. oh, and if you play the senat the game crashes if you click the senate-tap in the faction summary screen. im just playing Pontus and thats kind of fun \o/
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 14:22   #11
DukePaul
Retired VGN

Ah, cool, thanks. What about unplayable? Sounds fun

I managed to unlock a few civs, but then it just sorta stopped unlocking, nothing new was given me. Anyway, I'll go home now and do just that.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 14:24   #12
wu_trax

yes, it only unlocks egypt, seleucid, carthage, parthia, gauls, germans, britons and greek cities. all others are supposed to be unplayable.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 14:36   #13
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of

Okay am I the only one who unlocked all the civs just by COMPLETING THE GAME?! What you're suggesting is akin to cheating and, in my view, pointless. As you have already stated, it also cocks your game up a tad. Complete the game as a Roman (I suggest the Brutii as the best of the Roman factions) by holding x provinces (50 i think - not sure) and holding Rome. You don't even need to destroy the other Roman factions. Come on men, it ain't hard.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 14:39   #14
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

People are lazy.

An easier way is to complete a short campaign. This unlocks a few and by completeing more short compaigns you get them all, etc.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 15:01   #15
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-9000
Okay am I the only one who unlocked all the civs just by COMPLETING THE GAME?! What you're suggesting is akin to cheating and, in my view, pointless. As you have already stated, it also cocks your game up a tad. Complete the game as a Roman (I suggest the Brutii as the best of the Roman factions) by holding x provinces (50 i think - not sure) and holding Rome. You don't even need to destroy the other Roman factions. Come on men, it ain't hard.
you cant unlock macedon or pontus, can you? thats what im talking about.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 16:34   #16
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

ive completed the game like hal said, but didnt get all the civs...
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 16:45   #17
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
you can actually

BUT I already feel like the Pope of Nerdsville just for knowing that so i am buggered if i am going to unite control of church and state by telling you how you do it.

go google it you lazy schmuk
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 16:45   #18
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of

Quote:
You know what? You are totally, completely, utterly right. :-) My mistake.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 16:48   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wait, I've got macedon. Assuming we're still talking about rome:total war here and the conversation hasn't moved onto something else leaving me behind in a trail of dust and violent beatings.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 17:11   #20
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
you can actually

BUT I already feel like the Pope of Nerdsville just for knowing that so i am buggered if i am going to unite control of church and state by telling you how you do it.

go google it you lazy schmuk
FOR GODS SAKE THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WRTING ABOUT IN MY LAST TEN REPLIES IN THIS THREAD. (and i didnt even need google for it, my > you)

WHY DONT YOU READ THE THREAD INSTEAD OF POSTING USELESS CRAP???
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 21:20   #21
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I bought Barbarian Invasion, it's good enough. Pretty much the exact same premise as Rome, just with new races. Victory conditions change for each race so some are easier to win with than others. New units are interesting, but hardly and surprises. Just the barbarian units exanded upon from the original.
No new artillery or anything like that. If you lose your last settlement then you become a Hoarde, which does add a little interest to the proceedings.
Overall, just more of the same. Not sure it would be worth the money now, wait a while till it's bargin bin stuff and give it a shot if you liked Rome Total War.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 01:14   #22
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
FOR GODS SAKE THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WRTING ABOUT IN MY LAST TEN REPLIES IN THIS THREAD. (and i didnt even need google for it, my > you)

WHY DONT YOU READ THE THREAD INSTEAD OF POSTING USELESS CRAP???
Yeah but you can't unlock the unplayable ones, can you?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 05:34   #23
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

If you paste the unplayables into the unlockables (in said file), then finish a campaign you get the whole lot don't you?

Quote:
im just playing Pontus and thats kind of fun \o/
Is there any reason why you find it fun? I've only played whole campaigns as Julii, Britannia, Germania and Egypt, of which i found Egypt to be the most satisfying.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 05:37   #24
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Spit
Is or has anyone here played Spartan Total Warrior? Im playing it on the PS2 at the moment but Im stuck on defeating Crassus. Any tips you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

By the way, if you havent played it and was thinking about getting it, I can recommend it. Its a pretty slick game and amost has an 'epic' feel about it. Im loving it at the moment apart from this crassus fella
Why is this thread not drawing the usual paranoid replies that an 8th post poster talking about the cool game he is playing usually draw?

Not that I care but does someone know something about green spit?

Just curious.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 10:35   #25
Green Spit

Quote:
Spartan is a typical hack-and-slash game, which is quite boring in my book (oh, nevermind that X-Men Legends 2 I have at home, only playing it because I'm bored).

Sorry for not being able to help you, though Tried gamefaqs.com yet?
I'll try that website, thanks.

Although it is a hack and slash - I prefer this type of game, btw - I think its a pretty good one. Apparently its made by the people who did the graphics and enginer for BBC's Time Commanders series. I used to watch that programme and I must admit this game does seem to eminate the huge sense of battle that programe demontrated.

Also, I havent played any of those other games you mentioned. Im not really a big games player to be honest.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 10:42   #26
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Yeah but you can't unlock the unplayable ones, can you?
*cries*

edit:

Quote:
Is there any reason why you find it fun? I've only played whole campaigns as Julii, Britannia, Germania and Egypt, of which i found Egypt to be the most satisfying.
other units, other map-postiton, etc

Last edited by wu_trax; 24 Oct 2005 at 11:07.
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote