User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Closed Thread
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 18:00   #1
RobTD
Proud on Vengeance - HC

RobTD is an unknown quantity at this point
VGN recruiting - for people who play pa

Tired of HC controlling your planet?
Tired of never being able to choose and calculate your own attack?
Tired of being just a planet together with other planets instead of being with friends?

If yes: consider joining Vengeance (VGN).

Recruitment is still open, 1 vouch required, and you have to be at or above our average score.

What we want from you: loyalty, fun, activity, kindness.
What we can offer you: a good alliance, good defense and attacks (but YOU have to participate: we do not tell you every tick what to do), and last but not least: hopefully a lot of fun, and a family within Planetarion.

For more info: join #vgn at NetGamers IRC and ask for an recruitment officer.

Greetings from the VGN crew
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 18:21   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: VGN recruiting - for people who play pa

woot
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 20:58   #3
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Go you!
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 01:51   #4
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Gl guys
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 09:50   #5
Lasalle

I'm not playing anymore.
But wich you all good luck.

Lasalle

Unread 29 Aug 2005, 16:01   #6
Skippy10

Skippy10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep folks , VGN can offer you quite a bit in the form off community spirit which is hard to find in other alliances.

VGN knows what it wants and gets what it wants.

VGN has HC officers who don't take days for decision making but act immediatly.

So folks join a friendly and reliable alliance which gives you all the comforts of home.

Btw VGN is a multi-lingual alliance.
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 01:18   #7
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past

gl
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 01:28   #8
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy10
VGN has HC officers who don't take days for decision making but act immediatly.
right... VGN has always been mediocre.... do you think it gets better with HC that do decisions immediately? join something that evaluates you. Three reasons why it is better to try something else: 1) They give you feeedback why you were not appropriate for the alliance 2) They do a thorough check of your background 3) they wont leave you in the shit, but give you examples of other things you could try with a better chance.................heh...

Exode
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 16:34   #9
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: VGN recruiting - for people who play pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
right... VGN has always been mediocre.... do you think it gets better with HC that do decisions immediately? join something that evaluates you. Three reasons why it is better to try something else: 1) They give you feeedback why you were not appropriate for the alliance 2) They do a thorough check of your background 3) they wont leave you in the shit, but give you examples of other things you could try with a better chance.................heh...
Uhm, we do.
We are mediocre, we managed only a medium place in top10.
1) The requirements for the possibility to join are stated above, if you don't fulfill them and are declined, no more talks needed, you are told you are declined for failing the criterias stated. If it is for other reasons the are given an as god hint as possible.
2) We check the background of our applicantsand we accept the background of our applicants. To be suitable for VGN your current self needs to fit into VGN, not what you did back in r7 or whenever. And ofc if we have some hint you might be loyal to VGN for at least that round.
3) People we decline for not fitting our activity requirements we send on to alliances we think suit them better. To make it worth AD: we send the boneless to HR.

Regards,
_are_
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 19:32   #10
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Good Luck guys and gals
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 20:16   #11
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
To insult the policies of an alliance which ended above you with 17 less members seems somewhat strange to me.

Sure, HR have had their time when they were doing better, but so did, say, Phraktos, and I know which alliance I would rather have joined.

Finally, this post seems aimed around the idea that VGN play for fun, considering people only seem to remember first position in most cases, this seems the most logical route for most alliances in the game and I can appreciate that. Maybe you should too.

Though no insult meant to HR either (<3 Sethy and Chaos ), I'm just disagreeing with Exode. Gl HR and VGN!

And furball is completely and utterly sexy, despite being an idle, XP whoring bastard. \o/
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 22:56   #12
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

well said gate.

gl vgn.

4S

Illuminati
Unread 10 Oct 2005, 23:41   #13
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
right... VGN has always been mediocre.
Calling VGN mediocre is like calling HR mediocre tbh... two alliances that can be compared to eachother. And I don't think VGN is mediocre...
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 11:22   #14
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Certainly in Round 13, VGN and HR were comparable alliances. Since then, one alliance has gone up and the other has gone down - and the alliance rankings make very clear which is which

Unlike many alliances, VGN does not specifically aim for number 1. We enjoy playing Planetarion and with great organisation, a wonderful community and an awesome set of tools (<3 are), we roid our way high into the alliance rankings. If rank was the most important thing to us, we would mass-recruit like so many other alliances do. But if we did that, we would lose the sense of community which runs so strong though VGN and its members.

It's that sense of community that makes VGN such a great alliance to be part of. So - if you're reading this thread and thinking about applying to VGN, ignore the petty bitch-fight and come to #vgn. It'll be the best decision you ever made.

<3 Gate.
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 11:58   #15
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

I might get an internet access at home, and I shall therefore consider rejoning the church of _are_
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 12:00   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

so according to this thread's title people who aren't playing pa can't join

discrimination i tell you
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 12:12   #17
are

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
so according to this thread's title people who aren't playing pa can't join
discrimination i tell you
You can. As VGN system has code to handle multiple games. However, there is no general private channel, only a public channel. The private channels are game specific (atm only PA). So you can join but have no more possibilities as a member than any non-member and you can visit the private irc server public channel, just like everyone else can. So if you intent joining VGN and have a plan to play something but PA and have a good concept, feel free to apply and you get your own private channel. :-)

Regards,
_are_
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 13:18   #18
Pietje

Pietje is on a distinguished road

Had a very nice time in VGN and the alliances it was before it became vengeance and am sure im gonna be back some time when i set other goals to fit my activity

People are guaranteed to have good times in the vgn community!

Go VGN Go
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 18:17   #19
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Exode stop being a meanie

Gl with recruiting Vengeance.
Unread 13 Oct 2005, 00:18   #20
Vas
ROCK biatch

Vas is an unknown quantity at this point

Goodluck you guys for the round

[VanX][ToF][xVx][PK][Subh][InS][Omen][Destiny][ROCK]

Proud to been a Member of Gal 1:6 R18
Unread 13 Oct 2005, 14:03   #21
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Had a great time playing with you guys in the past (even when you carried different names).

Best of luck.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 11:45   #22
xipz0r

xipz0r is on a distinguished road

sounds as a very nice alliance but i am a new player i will drop by on irc when i get home from work ( irc and java chat ) wont work here..

but how as new player i know no1 on pa can i get a voucher ??
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 11:36   #23
AngelSeven

AngelSeven has a spectacular aura aboutAngelSeven has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm...just saw some peeps in University on the PA website and i thought hell i'm a student again (just off placement) so i can stay up till god knows what time in the morning to defend my alliance. So i'll probably sign up to PA this evening and join the public channel (after i install mIRC).

AngelSeven
Former VGN Attack Officer
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 12:29   #24
are

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipz0r
sounds as a very nice alliance but i am a new player i will drop by on irc when i get home from work ( irc and java chat ) wont work here..

but how as new player i know no1 on pa can i get a voucher ??
A voucher is preferred, but unless you apply and get your interview neither we nor you will know if you are welcome without a voucher.
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 17:21   #25
DukePaul
Retired VGN

Hi _are_, how're you?

Might return after xmas, depends on workload and so on.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 08:33   #26
are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
Hi _are_, how're you?
Busy as usual, but you already knew this. ;-)
Seems you encounter the term 'busy', too.

Quote:
Might return after xmas, depends on workload and so on.
You are welcome, ofc.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 13:02   #27
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

gl people i had a great time last round will that be again (/me thinks so)
r14 Veneratio later vengeance
r15-r20Vengeance HC(r19-20)
r21 finally piece and quiet(round off)
r22 rehired at Vengeance as BC
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
r32 till now Tides of Vengeance spirit
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 13:23   #28
DukePaul
Retired VGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by are
Seems you encounter the term 'busy', too.
It's mostly that I haven't bothered to get internet at home, so I can't go online to say hi and all that. Also, I'm working in the student radio these days, which is quite a lot of fun - not to mention timeconsuming.
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 16:00   #29
Ephimera

Ephimera is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to RobTD and VGN for next round It was really good to see you guys in the top ten last round
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 23:00   #30
RobTD
Proud on Vengeance - HC

RobTD is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe thank you ephi

Always good to get female support as well :-D
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 05:02   #31
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

good luck, you will need it
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 06:34   #32
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

VGN clearly > *

just because _are_ is my ex galmate which makes VGN pwn the universe
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 06:35   #33
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

oh yea and RobTD is alright aswell
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 08:02   #34
MrTwim

Please let me in

Unread 6 Nov 2005, 12:47   #35
hylands
The beertender

lol maybe they will MRtwin maybe they will
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
Unread 7 Nov 2005, 17:00   #36
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

[BA]Apoc can only hope to improve

good luck VGN & see you on the fields of battle.

Allainces [BA] - [NOS] - [HR]
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 07:34   #37
hylands
The beertender

ofcourse you will while fleet catched :P
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 14:32   #38
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

are > *

Always has been, always will be.

Glad to see someone's still keeping the flag flying

/me waves to DukePaul, AngelSeven, Pietje, are, and the rest of the old guard.

Gayle
Former VGN DC & HC of "stuff"
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 15:05   #39
are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle29uk
Glad to see someone's still keeping the flag flying
Sure we do, wen will you join us waving the banners again?

_are_
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 15:28   #40
furball

VGN is still recruiting between rounds 15 and 16, you can find us in #vgn as always.

All we ask is that you had a decent planet last round - above 3 million score. A vouch would be very helpful but is not strictly required.
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 18:31   #41
antheon

antheon will become famous soon enoughantheon will become famous soon enough

What is the American player base like in VGN?
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 20:48   #42
furball

It's not bad, although we don't have as many Americans as we'd like come talk to us in #vgn and see what you think
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 20:55   #43
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Hi _are_, how're you?
It took me so long to read this properly

and go furby
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 21:26   #44
DukePaul
Retired VGN

I even added the "_" to make it easier

are always creates lots of confusion.
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 23:14   #45
corey

yey for VGN!

Perhaps I ought to come back, considering i'm on a gap year atm....hmmm.. Its been a while, I wasn't brilliant back in the days anyway!!

Seems Dukepaul and _are_ are still buzzing away though

Corey

Unread 24 Dec 2005, 23:35   #46
DukePaul
Retired VGN

We're not the only ones, many old faces still linger about in VGN
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 17:05   #47
hylands
The beertender

whahaha i'm the youngest of them all i think :P(ofc young and old are welcome and ofc we all have alot of fun!)

and prolly the most stupid also. :-)
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 17:19   #48
Blackbirdess
Who me?

Blackbirdess will become famous soon enoughBlackbirdess will become famous soon enough

good luck in r16 VGN cya in there

ROCKer and IA HC

ROCK: Revenge Of the Chocolate Knickers
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 23:12   #49
Sparks

Sparks is on a distinguished road

Vgn is love
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 16:32   #50
tombcfc
thomus always sober...