User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Sep 2005, 01:47   #1
cubass2
Still ace

cubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to behold
Have you got a mic?

I hate the way I can't swear on this forum

I'm looking for a few people who have a half decent voice recording setup to record a test .wav or .mp3 and to upload it to my computer so I can send them a small verse or script to record so I can make it into a composite musical endeavour.

Technology these days means your phone can do it, or maybe your latest mp3playing gizmo has a voice recording facility, this is a good thing.

All you have to do is record ten seconds of yourself talking about anything you like and if the quality is good enough or if I like your voice then maybe I'll get in touch with you and I'll send you a small amount of text for you to read so that I can include it in an EXCITING musical adventure.

There's nothing EXCEPTIONAL about this, if you feel I am RE-LIVING past glories there is no reason to post or upload, I have been making music with interenet people for YEARS and this forum is nothing SPECIAL

If you feel like taking part I promise it will be fun and will ENRICH your LIFE

Once you have recorded your sample you should upload it to the following FTP

cubass.no-ip.org
port 21
username tpe
password tpe

upload/PLANETARIONS

If you can't seem to connect you should pop onto irc.b0rk.co.uk and /dns cubass for my ip address, try connecting to that instead of the cubass.no-ip.org address and you're golden

I'll keep goings on updated in this thread and I look forward to making some crazy internet music with anyone who feels they might want to take part

Fake edit: include your forum username in the filename

Real edit: if you decide to download something from my ftp, make sure it's between the hours of 8pm and 6am EST. Thants

Real edit 2: If you just read this thread but don't want to get involved please can you manifest your distaste at the idea by having a go at my children (I have 3, 2 girls and a boy)

Last edited by cubass2; 17 Sep 2005 at 02:31.
cubass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 01:56   #2
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Have you got a mic?

Since you think this forum is nothing special you can go **** off.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 01:59   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

**** yourself he was here long before you

on a side note, I have a lovely voice Paul
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 02:00   #4
cubass2
Still ace

cubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to behold

Send me a recording of it then so I can set it to the theme from 'Carry on Camping' with a cleverly administered breakcore backbeat
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 02:00   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe

on a side note, I have a lovely voice Paul
Yahwe is thinking about doing show tunes.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 02:03   #6
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my voice recorded is as rare as angel shit.

you do know that don't you darling??

i mean. living in the north and all?

(P.S. the flat i just bought is so much nicer than the one you visited (when i was poor))
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 02:06   #7
cubass2
Still ace

Oh how I wanted to kiss you on the way out of your place that night. Will an overweight Northern father of three who drinks 6 tins of Stella and smokes roll-ups every night ever stand a chance with a big city law mogul like yourself these days?
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 02:41   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubass2
Oh how I wanted to kiss you on the way out of your place that night. Will an overweight Northern father of three who drinks 6 tins of Stella and smokes roll-ups every night ever stand a chance with a big city law mogul like yourself these days?
you have always held a special place in my heart

mock me. do not mock yourself

i would have then and would now gladly kiss you
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 03:05   #9
cubass2
Still ace

Let's not turn the thread into a Kenneth Williams diary entry, just record your voice and upload it me old China
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 03:31   #10
Yahwe
I am.

i only wish i could

a microphone you say???

not got one of those

(am i allowed to say that i really really fancied you?)

EDIT: look look how these people think of me. more rep than the system gives have i. you must still think about me? i think about you.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 04:26   #11
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I recorded my voice as queball.wav but it has a lot of noise so my setup is less than half decent.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 07:52   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
What has that got to do with anything?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 08:40   #13
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

sample upped for the heck of it
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 09:30   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
What has that got to do with anything?

Yahwe
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 10:39   #15
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

skiddy recorded me saying "schtop it's not ready yet".
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 11:03   #16
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

This actually sounds interesting, and I might send you something - problem is that I currently don't have internet at home, so getting on your FTP might be a problem. As I'm not allowed to install anything on these computers, I wouldn't be able to upload it from here, so e-mailing it would work better for me.

As for sound recording, that shouldn't be a problem at all. I work in the studentradio here in Bergen, meaning I got access to good equipment and editing software. Then the other problem would be my accent - I don't know how good my English is, I have a tendency of speaking Oxfordish - atleast what we call Oxfordish here in Norway, it might be entirely wrong ;-) Or maybe something in Norwegian would interest you?
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 11:10   #17
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

is it a wise thing to give GD a login for uploading things to your computer....
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 12:13   #18
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think Yahwe should upload something, he has a fantastic voice - whether he knows how to plug in and use a microphone is another matter. Do you have a servant who can show you?
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 13:32   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubass2
If you just read this thread but don't want to get involved please can you manifest your distaste at the idea by having a go at my children (I have 3, 2 girls ...)

PIC LINK!
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 15:32   #20
cubass2
Still ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
Or maybe something in Norwegian would interest you?
Norwegian would be fantastic!

Send me a small sample when you get round to it, anything really and I'll get busy writing something for you to translate and read. I'm PMing you my email address

djbass has an interesting accent also, queball your sample is too short for me to tell.
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 01:24   #21
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

A mate just recorded me singing a song of mine.

Not too certain this really relates to the topic.
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 01:28   #22
cubass2
Still ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
A mate just recorded me singing a song of mine.

Not too certain this really relates to the topic.
Upload it dude
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 14:37   #23
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

when recorded i sound like a cross between a sex line operator and a country bumpkin milk maid
but i am afraid i cannot share this with you as i have no microphone

m
xx
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 15:17   #24
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Milk Maid Madi - Let me milk you boys"

hott
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 09:29   #25
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

So when can we expect to hear more of this musical extravaganza of yours?
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 09:43   #26
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

So, umm, I would've sent something, if it wasn't for the fact that our internal server is a bit of a bitch to navigate... I'll send something as soon as I figure out where my files are stored.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote