User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Apr 2005, 23:25   #1
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Not Many complaints

No major threads moaning about the ship stats .

No major threads moaning about the galaxy set ups and moans about biase or unfair galaxies.

No major threads demanding refunds.

Is it ok yet to say well done PA these two very important aspects seem to be right for a change.

Or have all the whingers left ?

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 23:53   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Not Many complaints

i think the ship stats are good, although gals imo are still a touchy subject, id rather see gals of 10 but the pa team are doing a good thing in finding a way to make sure gals are equal and new players get a chance to play in big gals, so thumbs up here.
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 00:17   #3
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Let's complain that no-one complains

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 00:20   #4
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Well I don't like the stats. I just know it' pointless complaining on the forums.
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 00:31   #5
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

no complaints here

and anyway the complaints will start soon once ppl keep kicking other ppls butts to much.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 00:49   #6
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

i must admit, its scary to not see the complaints

its like waiting for the other shoe to drop

seriously i have to say kloopy kal and pishmishy did a ace job on getting R13 here
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 00:53   #7
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

A certain induvidual was whining about certain ships the other day, even went to jester to talk about it. Was amusing to watch, atleast.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 01:19   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
A certain induvidual was whining about certain ships the other day, even went to jester to talk about it. Was amusing to watch, atleast.
Did he lose a dragon to a pirate and didnt expect it?

Unread 10 Apr 2005, 11:22   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
Who? You know you can tell me

Personally I'm not keen on the galaxies, but the awesome ship stats make up for it. Although I still cry myself to sleep at night that the Corsair is a FI targetting CR
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 13:22   #10
Zero
uber pe0n

Zero will become famous soon enoughZero will become famous soon enough

im still weeping about the only thing that can properly handle a xan fi fleet are TBTs
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 13:54   #11
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

i love it

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 14:46   #12
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

i lost 40 roids cause my harpies didnt shoot the attackers demeters, this round sucks, bring back round 3!!!

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 16:21   #13
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I hate corsairs, they shouldnt be FI... and this buddypack stuff sux..

Last edited by Alessio; 10 Apr 2005 at 16:34.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 23:41   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

why harpys ? why not interceptor \o/

Unread 11 Apr 2005, 03:12   #15
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

[whine]
CR fleets that can be deffed against with fi sucks.
Cath are utterly ineffective against terran de, and against pretty much everything else.
[/whine]
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 13:02   #16
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
why harpys ? why not interceptor \o/
If I had found a way to fit 'Interceptor' into the mythological naming scheme for Terran I definitely would have.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 13:25   #17
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Bring back proper Daggers while you are at it \o/
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 16:47   #18
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

oh the emp resistant dagger. Now that was a ship I regret I didnt get back in the days o_O

I still see a few gals torn apart btw. with 6-9 players in em o_O

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 17:49   #19
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
[whine]
CR fleets that can be deffed against with fi sucks.
Cath are utterly ineffective against terran de, and against pretty much everything else.
[/whine]
It can't be deffed against... but they will be capped after roids are stolen.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 18:17   #20
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Bring back proper Daggers while you are at it \o/
To be honest, I would really, really like this to happen. That is: I think there needs to be a seperate statistic determining EMP resistance. Perhaps a seperate armor stat. Since shots aren't redistributed on a per gun basis anymore, I don't think having an old school dagger would shake up the balance in the way it did way back when.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 18:35   #21
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Most the people who played in the beta know that the current stats are unbalanced. It was proved that they are, but we aren't going to moan about it because jester did a bloody excellent job getting them to the stage they are at. The direction the stats took (with stealing and the way initiative now works) is a good one in my view, as it does make the game more strategic, and makes the races more diverse. The problem is simply with balance, and jester and I discussed it several times, and pretty much, the only conclusion we came to was: The stats aren't balanced, because Zik doesn't fit in with the other races as well as it should, but there is no way we can see to fix this without the combat engine being changed drastically. This was not possible in the time we had, the only other option would have been a complete redo of the stats which took away a lot of the introductions (especially the initiative of stealing), which was not possible in the time, and not ideal either, as jester liked the way they were going, and I did quite like it too (I think most other people in the beta did too). I don't think any more could be done on the stats than was. Hopefully, next round will have some of the ideas brought up in beta (such as a return to the more traditional type of stats where you have EMP resistance, possibly weapon speed and agility too, but still keep the new 'style' with the races being very specialised, and the initiative giving lots of strategic options) to help make a set of what could potentially be the best stats we've had.

As for other causes of moaning, there aren't really any for me. I live with Kloopy at uni, and I saw the huge amount of work he did, and I know that no more could have been done. Also, for the first time in a long time, PA team did REALLY listen to the community, and when the community (mainly beta testers) told them something was a crap idea, they were willing to take it out. They were also quite willing to put ideas in that came from the community. From this point of view, I don't really see a reason to complain. The community was listened to a lot, and a hell of a lot of work was put in. Thus, the community got what it was wanting, and I think that most people would agree that the result is an improved round from last round.

To summarise, I think that, all things considered, the reason why people aren't complaining is because what problems there are were unavoidable, and they could see that everything had been done that could. Also, the fact that there are so few problems by comparison to some previous rounds. Generally, the direction taken with the game has been one that consulted the community in general more than previously, and so the direction taken is one that is very mutually agreeable.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 18:48   #22
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Most the people who played in the beta know that the current stats are unbalanced. It was proved that they are, but we aren't going to moan about it because jester did a bloody excellent job getting them to the stage they are at.
I'm flattered
Quote:
the only conclusion we came to was: The stats aren't balanced, because Zik doesn't fit in with the other races as well as it should, but there is no way we can see to fix this without the combat engine being changed drastically.
What Bashar means is that he came to that conclusion, and I gave up discussing it.

That said, the combat engine does not have enough depth to handle the current race setup, just like it couldn't handle round 11 and 12.

Quote:
I don't think any more could be done on the stats than was.
If I could go back and change one thing, I'd change Dagger armor/damage to 9/10 and drop cost to keep the current efficiency.

Edit: Actually, on second thought, there's a load of things I'd do differently, but mainly to aim for a different balance rather than to correct any current inbalance.

Quote:
Hopefully, next round will have some of the ideas brought up in beta (such as a return to the more traditional type of stats where you have EMP resistance, possibly weapon speed and agility too, but still keep the new 'style' with the races being very specialised, and the initiative giving lots of strategic options) to help make a set of what could potentially be the best stats we've had.
A return to the old combat engine is, in my opinion, a bad idea.

Quote:
PA team did REALLY listen to the community, and when the community (mainly beta testers) told them something was a crap idea, they were willing to take it out.
Since I wasn't PAteam, I wasn't bound by any NDAs and could speak more openly about the stats. See for example the big/long thread that was posted when the private stats beta opened.

Quote:
They were also quite willing to put ideas in that came from the community. From this point of view, I don't really see a reason to complain. The community was listened to a lot, and a hell of a lot of work was put in. Thus, the community got what it was wanting, and I think that most people would agree that the result is an improved round from last round.
I agree quite strongly with this. PAteam's 'new direction' is a lot better than the old 'we have something very clever going on, in 2 months when we've wasted tons of time on it, you can shoot it down' attitude.

Quote:
To summarise, I think that, all things considered, the reason why people aren't complaining is because what problems there are were unavoidable, and they could see that everything had been done that could. Also, the fact that there are so few problems by comparison to some previous rounds. Generally, the direction taken with the game has been one that consulted the community in general more than previously, and so the direction taken is one that is very mutually agreeable.
I think this holds true as well.

I think the fact that the major bugs of the round so far have either been made public swiftly (self-exile) or gone unnoticed (exile placement bug) helps.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 18:58   #23
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

jester, you yourself agreed that zik is unbalanced relative to the other races. Also, I am not saying that we should go back to the old combat engine. A lot of the current things would not be possible. To clarify what I meant, the point was to return to a similar approach to the stats. The engine has been over simplified, which restricts the scope of what can be done with the stats. In order to bring more new things in, and balance the races fully, I think that extra stats categories are needed (such as EMP, possibly weap speed and agility - those sortes of things, maybe even a steal resistance, and possibly ability to change the armour of roids/constructions for each race - these sortes of things). This doesn't mean go back to the old combat engine, it just means returning to the old combat engines level of complexity. It adds a lot more scope for stats tweaking, and increasing stats evolution.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 19:05   #24
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve

The big galaxies have changed the game... for the better !
flikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 19:09   #25
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Also, I am not saying that we should go back to the old combat engine. A lot of the current things would not be possible. To clarify what I meant, the point was to return to a similar approach to the stats. The engine has been over simplified, which restricts the scope of what can be done with the stats. In order to bring more new things in, and balance the races fully, I think that extra stats categories are needed (such as EMP, possibly weap speed and agility - those sortes of things, maybe even a steal resistance, and possibly ability to change the armour of roids/constructions for each race - these sortes of things). This doesn't mean go back to the old combat engine, it just means returning to the old combat engines level of complexity. It adds a lot more scope for stats tweaking, and increasing stats evolution.
Indeed. I have a mental list of things I'd add and/or change, but I've lost interest for the time being so cba with the effort of posting it anywhere.

Quote:
jester, you yourself agreed that zik is unbalanced relative to the other races.
Allow me to refresh your memory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Quote:
This is why no MO's will ever want to send zik stealers on defence, and as a result why I suspect many alliances will try to dissuade their members from going zik.
Unless the person with incoming is Zik...

The problem with Zik isn't that it sucks, it's that it sucks from the normal playing point of view. You have to break a few paradigms to play it effectively.

Quote:
The main problem I see in the stats is ziks. In my view, in their current form, they are not fitting in well with the other races.
They do indeed not fit in well.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 19:55   #26
Bashar
Idle Git

Not sure why you posted the second bit, I was remembering it from elsewhere anyway, but that will do too.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 20:04   #27
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Not sure why you posted the second bit, I was remembering it from elsewhere anyway, but that will do too.
Easier than digging through IRC logs.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 21:34   #28
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
i must admit, its scary to not see the complaints

its like waiting for the other shoe to drop

seriously i have to say kloopy kal and pishmishy did a ace job on getting R13 here
Including Banned and Bashar as well, I think together they couldn't have done a better job considering the time and the pressure after the long wait between rounds.

And to be fair, there's always arguments about stats, and with zik having the ability to properly steal, it'd have always been impossible to balance correctly (although they're a lot less nerfed than I thought they were... will be interesting to see how it is near the end of the round).
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 21:37   #29
Bashar
Idle Git

Apoccomaster, I didn't do anything. I had a few discussions with jester about the stats, and a few with Kloopy/Kal about a few things, but I certainly didn't contribute anything major. The stats were jester and jester alone.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 22:19   #30
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

jester did a great job of the stats and tweaked and retweaked etc etc, although they arent balanced, there is alot of options out there and from whats being seen this round, no once race has a singular advantage, ie xan rnd 11, zik rnd 12, argubably its cath this rnd, but i still disaggree, each race just has to play to its own strengths and the real fun begins.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 22:48   #31
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
jalthough they arent balanced .... no once race has a singular advantage
I'm confused.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 22:54   #32
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
To be honest, I would really, really like this to happen. That is: I think there needs to be a seperate statistic determining EMP resistance. Perhaps a seperate armor stat. Since shots aren't redistributed on a per gun basis anymore, I don't think having an old school dagger would shake up the balance in the way it did way back when.
Well we have had special astropods before, but never 'special' ships for each race, at least not at the same time.

Arguably it would be impossible to balance, but with artificial exponentially increasing ship caps it could perhaps work as an 'elite' addition to a players regular fleet (with higher costs etc).

That might go some way to mitigating the effect of making the race with the daggers unfairly advantaged over cath players.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 00:49   #33
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Well I'm really sorry I upset someone by saying I didnt like the stats. I wasnt aware that was not a valid opinion

Everything is wonderful! Happy now?

I didnt say the stats were crap, or unnappreciated, or anything. Just that I didnt particularly like them. Terribly bloody sorry to have offended someone.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 03:09   #34
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Well I'm really sorry I upset someone by saying I didnt like the stats. I wasnt aware that was not a valid opinion
You didn't upset me

The people who upset me are the ones that don't like them and insist on lecturing me about them.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 05:20   #35
Neferti
part time ghost

Sorry. I was referring to whoever negrepped me without any reason (dontcha just hate that?). I know you did the best that was possible with the stats given that i) zik stealing is back and ii) the limitations of the current system.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 11:50   #36
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Erinyes is an unknown quantity at this point

The stats are great, especially being Zik. It seemed a little pointless in previous rounds to just subvert ships, now it rocks that you can steal them and use them for other attacks.
Personally I prefered galaxies of 10 players coz it made it easier to attack without the aid of your alliance. However, it is cool having bigger galaxies as defence is a lot better and you dont get creamed.
Erinyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 13:09   #37
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
(dontcha just hate that?).
Nope. I respect that some people disagree with me and aren't intelligent enough to express it with more than two clicks of the mouse.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 22:16   #38
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinyes
The stats are great, especially being Zik. It seemed a little pointless in previous rounds to just subvert ships, now it rocks that you can steal them and use them for other attacks.
Personally I prefered galaxies of 10 players coz it made it easier to attack without the aid of your alliance. However, it is cool having bigger galaxies as defence is a lot better and you dont get creamed.
Yes I suppose the bigger galaxies are essential in a round where defense is very difficult.