User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Feb 2005, 14:58   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Cab experiences

After returning from some PK last Sunday, I waited by a bus station waiting for a night bus to take me home. It seems to be taking forever, so I pop down to the Asda near-by and ask for a number for a taxi. They give me it and I ring it.

Minutes later, a guy pulls up with a taxi sign on top. An African guy goes in his tongue "Cab" really quickly though - sound like "Cub". I responded I don't want any cubs thanks. He responded "You need cub, get in".

I got in and as I was about to tell him where to go he says "I knoh wear u r goin", so I said "I want to go...". He interupts me and goes "No." I eventually get to tell him where I want to go.

When we eventually get there, he goes "8 Pound".

I take my wallet out peering over and see the metre only says £4. I say "It only says £4" - he goes "8 pound NOW. I said now". So I left a flyer on my seat, he unlocked the door and I walked off.

Regardless to say, a free ride but a rather dodgy driver from a number recommended to me by the Asda store.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 15:26   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cab experiences

I once caught a taxi from Jo'Burg to Pretoria where I seriously thought I was going to be shot through the back of the head and dumped in the desert.

Most taxi journey's in Cape Town involved guys with poorly concealed firearms, but that's par for the course.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 15:28   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I ALWAYS get the tired looking guys who give the impression they've been working for 48 hours straight, so the conversation always is about their working hours and their lack of family life.

They always make it sound worse then it probably is (or not) but they know how to use it to make me give them a more then fair tip.
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 16:25   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

get a driver.
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 19:31   #5
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I call 118 118 from my mobile to get a licensed minicab.

If I'm feeling a bit rich, I've got Zingo, Xeta and Call-a-cab numbers for a black cab.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 20:13   #6
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

As I was walking home from going out one night, I just black out. Only time I've ever done it, and it was a bit scary, not rememberingwhat I had done.

Anyway, I had just walked for a while, and then I regained consciousness. Walking along a big road I've never seen before. Had this feeling of dreaming, and wasn't certain if I was awake or not. But the cold felt very real Norway is cold somewhere around 3 and 7 in the morning, on sundays.

So, along the road there was several gas-stations, but only one open ( a royal dutch/shell I think). I get over there, and suddenly a taxi gets in. I ask him where I am, and his answer made me no wiser. I then ask where Voll is (more or less where I live) and he tells me it's 6 km over there. After a short concinderation, I say "drive me there" and jump in. Heck, why not? I was possibly dreaming, so I might not have to really pay for it.

As we leave the gas-station, the taxidriver shouts something out of the window, and waves. Then he explains that his friends (who also are taxi-drivers) are going on a trip to Germany (and leaving in the middle of the night? Bah, what a boring dream, I've had better). I then tell him I'm not certain if he was real or not, as I wasn't certain if I was dreaming or not, but he said he was confident he really existed. I then felt for arguing philosohpy, but "words escaped me", as they say. I blame alcohol.

So, we finally arrive at Voll, and I pay him and get out. Then I suddenly realise it wasn't a dream, as I discover I had lost my bag. I still can't quite make out the logic, but that convinced me I was actually awake. Well, I go home and get to sleep, and get awaked next morning by someone who had found my bag.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote