User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Feb 2005, 00:21   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Angry Dungeons and Dragons - the movie

I watched the DVD today for the first time, I'd wanted to see the film when it came out but didnt get round to it. Having played D&D for many years as a teenager and then into my 20's I was really looking forward to it.

Oh how disappointed I was!

Firstly, in all my years of playing not once did I ever consider any character or monster would have an AMERICAN accent. For me, not having the actors take the time to mask their accent into something a little more believable was wholly unacceptable.

And since when were elves dark skinned? I mean, a dark elf is but nor regular elves...they are a a beautiful fair race, just as LOTR has shown us. Casting a black woman (mixed race) was simply laughable. As was the crappy dwarf character.

The whole film just smacked of being a bit childish. The two thief characters just larked around and nothing was really done seriously.

I would have have thought that since the game is 30 years old and many of the original players would have been in their mature years, they would have tried to make a serious movie for that target audience. Instead they aimed this film straight at children. And that is a fking crime!!
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 00:24   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Dungeons and Dragons - the movie

I just got it on DVD for £1.99

I havent watched it yet, but i hope i havent been ripped off.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 00:24   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you ever, EVER ask why you have so many red blobs i shall link you to this thread.
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 00:26   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

They're making a sequel too
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 00:28   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
This absoloutely SCREAMS "Straight to Video"
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 00:29   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
If you ever, EVER ask why you have so many red blobs i shall link you to this thread.
Ha ha, red dots mean nothing to me. But they do brighten the place up.
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 00:41   #7
cressa
Quietly Judging You !

cressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
I watched the DVD today for the first time, I'd wanted to see the film when it came out but didnt get round to it. Having played D&D for many years as a teenager and then into my 20's I was really looking forward to it.

Oh how disappointed I was!

Firstly, in all my years of playing not once did I ever consider any character or monster would have an AMERICAN accent. For me, not having the actors take the time to mask their accent into something a little more believable was wholly unacceptable.

And since when were elves dark skinned? I mean, a dark elf is but nor regular elves...they are a a beautiful fair race, just as LOTR has shown us. Casting a black woman (mixed race) was simply laughable. As was the crappy dwarf character.

The whole film just smacked of being a bit childish. The two thief characters just larked around and nothing was really done seriously.

I would have have thought that since the game is 30 years old and many of the original players would have been in their mature years, they would have tried to make a serious movie for that target audience. Instead they aimed this film straight at children. And that is a fking crime!!
The words get out and more spring happily to mind
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 00:57   #8
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressa
The words get out and more spring happily to mind
I get out plenty, just had a nice relaxing day in ruined by D&D the movie.
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 01:04   #9
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I had nice relaxing evening in ruined when the copy of D+D the movie we rented from the local Blockbuster ceased working 3/4 of the way through :(((

Up until then I was quite enjoying it in an 'it's silly but not painful' kinda manner.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 01:16   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I just got it on DVD for £1.99

I havent watched it yet, but i hope i havent been ripped off.
If they had promised you a f'kin big house wherever you wanted, enough money to cure world povety, enough ladies of a dubious nature and a lifetime supply of whatever you wanted in return for a copy of dungeons and dragons, you would stil feel ripped off.

Plan 9 from outer space is now considered a classic, even though, 50 odd years ago it was considered a shite movie.

Give it a few millenia and someone may, possible come up with a redeeming feature of dungeons and dragons.

But I doubt it.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 01:17   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Plan 9 from outer space is now considered a classic, even though, 50 odd years ago it was considered a shite movie.
Noone's come up with any redeeming features, you know. People just find it amusingly bad, which isn't something that happens with age. We were watching "Batman & Robin" this evening, and found it humourous indeed.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 15:34   #12
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

See the Conan movies. They seriously kick ass. And hit horses.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 16:50   #13
Telhilion
NOT scottish

Telhilion is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't beat a man who is bald and wears blue lipstick...
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 17:21   #14
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telhilion
Yes you can, it's just something you can't boast to your mates about .

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 17:47   #15
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

With ear worms of rape?

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 18:52   #16
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
That guys acting was so painful!
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 18:54   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Yes you can. With a very very very very big stick until his skull has caved in and is oozing all over the floor.
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 18:58   #18
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
See the Conan movies. They seriously kick ass. And hit horses.

camels