User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jan 2005, 00:51   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Great Speedgame!

Im sure all will agree it was a great speedie, thanks to all alliances who took part and made it so fun. The lack of defence really kept everyone on their toes. Thanks goes to all our members who helped us finish in first place and to those alliances who made us work the most , Ely and Wolfpack.

Well done to [Ely] MDK'MAN who won 1st place over our guys ( by 50k lol)

Stats were Fun though not for terrans
Xans seemed to rule
Final Standing:

Alliances - Top 10
Rank Name Asteroids Members AVG Score Score
1 Vengeance 26241 18 2.106.852 37.923.340
2 ToF 17724 39 832.605 32.471.602
3 Elysium 14839 24 1.305.775 31.338.602
4 Wolfpack 10568 30 925.800 27.774.015
5 Howling Rain 11402 17 1.243.751 21.143.776
6 [LCH] 9266 9 2.046.265 18.416.393
7 Newdawn 6946 18 845.597 15.220.757
8 SiN 7589 17 893.086 15.182.466
9 =IRON= 9727 15 979.765 14.696.488
10 ROCK 6557 9 1.355.553 12.199.984

Oh and whoever knocked me from 8th --12th in last tick u are a cnut lol
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-

Last edited by lokken; 17 Jun 2005 at 17:40.
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 01:20   #2
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about
Re: Gr8 Speedgame!

Tanx, i agree that it was a great speedround best ive played so far. As for my win it sure was close one, made lotsa mistakes last ticks lost all my factorys when it was 12 ticks left but where able to build factory and use my res and got ships out last tick

Great work by PAteam and Spinner making this speedround working so well with this many players. i had my doubts 1min ticks would work but they sure prooved me wrong.

Nice played by VGN your xan players sure did some damage

Tanx too LCH and Elysium for last tick lemmingruns on ev0l Hostiles
^MDK^MAN^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 01:20   #3
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i really doubt any1 played as an alliance this speedgame if so why?? you cant really claim victory as an alliance in a no defence speedgame, but i agree was a very fun speed round
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 05:58   #4
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

this really isn't an AD topic. Rinoa's threads always come off as kind of slow to me for some reason.
To make this AD worthy, since VGN was the #1 alliance in the speedround, I take it that the speed round was a bust. Because VGN is a sub-par alliance.
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 09:26   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it was the fact that VGN planets were xan as opposed the Ely planets whch were cath and zik. Take myself and TheRat for example, we had our fleets mainly cr to roid the fk out of ziks ofc, however the second day xan started roiding the fk out of caths and ziks, it then meant we had to spend less on cr and more on roaches, which meant our growth slowed down to theres, there fleet was pure bomber and sabre fleet ahoy.

I think VGN did a good job and the reason why was beacause they were xan and could kll fleets, i dont want to count how many cr me and therat lost be it fleetcatches or them building 20k bombers the last minute.

If we would have realised the xan problem rather than being scared of zik/cath planets then they wouldnt have pwned, we would of pwned them earlier. :P

Was still fun though especially the first day where more people were playing. At least Ely got top planet
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 11:15   #6
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I think VGN did a good job and the reason why was beacause they were xan and could kll fleets, i dont want to count how many cr me and therat lost be it fleetcatches or them building 20k bombers the last minute.
I did count

In two landings, I lost 3600 cruisers, due to a sudden apearance of a fkload of fr

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 11:46   #7
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Was a good speedie. I didnt do so well...but then again, I never do

Its the fun thats counts though :-)

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 12:23   #8
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
I did count

In two landings, I lost 3600 cruisers, due to a sudden apearance of a fkload of fr
i counted as well :P and yes that god damn sudden appearence fk load of fr fked me, and the fleet catch :P, mine was close to 4k by the end of the day 2, plus 3k roaches :/, but it was because i was gettin cocky and pwning xans so they fleet caught me :P
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 12:30   #9
Icewar
Destiny

Icewar can only hope to improve

Thanks for this really good speedgame and congrats to the winning Alliance.

Ice
HC =IRON=

Round 11 Bruderschaft (421)
Round 12 ARS - BC (376)
Round 13 IRON - HC /ToT(131)
Round 14 Reunion - xVx (112)
Round 15 xVx (183)
Round 16 xVx (212)
Round 17 xVx (149)
Round 18 xvx (211)
Round 19 VsN (73)
Round 20 VsN - DC (112)
Round 21 Wolfpack (66)
Round 22 ToT (158)
Round 23 Destiny (100)
Icewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 12:43   #10
Hugin
Ministry

Hugin is on a distinguished road

I had a drunk weekend so was not able to build ships untill the last 30 min of the speeder... was fun 30 minutes!! :P

Cant belive you didnt tell me that you played, pig :´(
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 12:58   #11
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugin
I had a drunk weekend so was not able to build ships untill the last 30 min of the speeder... was fun 30 minutes!! :P

Cant belive you didnt tell me that you played, pig :´(
cant believe you never told me you played ;/
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 13:26   #12
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

i really shouldnt have chosen terran.. ahh but s**t happens :-)

It was fun, even as terran.. i built structure killers and frigate pods in the end en mass and ran off and commited suicide many times .. it was just a laugh tho, when no-one gives a s*** tactically, and no-ones out for anything except the blood of the planet with more roids than themsleves, or the alliance, you relax and u laugh...
brought a tear to theese old eyes to see it. This is how i remember it, many many years ago .
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 13:44   #13
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
i really doubt any1 played as an alliance this speedgame if so why?? you cant really claim victory as an alliance in a no defence speedgame, but i agree was a very fun speed round

attack groups
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 14:38   #14
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
attack groups
thats quite sad then, since there member count was over 20 the first day, and ended on 18 the second day, whilst i assume most ppl played with 3-5 players most
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 14:42   #15
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
thats quite sad then, since there member count was over 20 the first day, and ended on 18 the second day, whilst i assume most ppl played with 3-5 players most
yeah, you are right.. NO HONOUR!!!
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 14:45   #16
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
yeah, you are right.. NO HONOUR!!!
ney, my first post was basically how can u claim victory in a no defence speeder, but i agree there attack groups were effective, as i was brought down on the first day from top5 to nowhere near top100

Last edited by Alki; 24 Jan 2005 at 17:32.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 15:09   #17
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
umm we wouldnt have survived if we hadnt played as an alliance tbh as we coordinated usually 2 counters on every attacker in under 2 mins most of the time. Which in my view is just the same level of coordination required had it been to launch defence.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 16:49   #18
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Hardly.. swift defence organization is much more 'skilful' than just retalling heh..
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 18:21   #19
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

The speedie was fun, even as a scanner :-P Snatched up good targets whenever I could, and sent my CO to roid them. After losing my factories once too many times, I just dropped anything not being CO, and built up a fleet to send around bugging those who attacked us, or didn't have any anti-CO (lo superfly ).

Sad thing is, WildBoar forgot to use his last cash reserves before the end He had quite a number of sentinels in production, enough to pass ^MDK^MAN (according to WB anyway, couldn't check myself ).

As for VGN as an "alliance", that is a bit difficult to say. About half of the members were VGN (the 2nd day even less, as they got inactive), the rest was mostly gathered by Rinoa, who organized the entire thing. Still, we certainly wouldn't have had the end rankings we had if we had not played as a we did. I kept a close eye on the alliance rankings (because they somewhat matter to me, atleast when we're on top), and Ely seemed to be stuck around 13k roids more or less the entire second day. (while we grew past them to a nice 27k).

Thanks to all the players (Jimmeh, Rinoa, Sapphire, Ru1s, def-lord, MoH, neptizzle, Ganka, Saint_abroad, TheMedic, Sqrl, oMbRe, Pun, Tiny, Wildie, spaceman, Mano, saig0ni, Appocomaster (even though he played under PATeam tag), Voltage and prolly some others (we kicked some before the end, to get better average score - those we kicked were inactive anyway ). And ofcourse thanks to the scanners, Gjwreio, MegaNova(?) and myself.

To those of you who at any given point had more distorters than I had amps: f'k you :-)

Oh, and jerome's comment on defence vs counters: certainly harder with def, as you have to get it to arrive on tick. But if the speedgame had allowed defence, then the entire game would've been different (not the sucky galaxy organization, for example).
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 19:01   #20
ElvenStar

ElvenStar is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx dukie

even though i didn't really play as a part of the VGN battle groups i did however add in my own way as i was asleep for the 2nd half of both days ( you euros are cheaters in that respect us poor aussies can't stay up all night ) <-- direct referance to a JOKE btw not flaming or trolling

but with all that said and done i still ended up top 100 ( prolly not that hard to do ) but i was proud and added my million and a bit score to VGN's banner ...

Quote:
Because VGN is a sub-par alliance.
well if top 10 is sub par alliance then #1 must be the par and we will get there sooner or later
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 19:36   #21
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Top10 alliancewise isnt really anything to stop the press for these days..

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 20:30   #22
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
not for r1 players who have been there, won 3 rounds with their alliance, and been practically every position in 10 different alliances.
For some people, especially in the real rounds, getting together some people and making it into the top 10-15 alliances is a great sense of achievement. Just because a lot of us on here are from fairly big alliances, doesn't mean all of the Planetarion playerbase is :P
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 01:33   #23
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
not for r1 players who have been there, won 3 rounds with their alliance, and been practically every position in 10 different alliances.
For some people, especially in the real rounds, getting together some people and making it into the top 10-15 alliances is a great sense of achievement. Just because a lot of us on here are from fairly big alliances, doesn't mean all of the Planetarion playerbase is :P
At the start of RD 13, I can PA mail everyone in the Universe, and whatever I choose to name the alliance, they could end top 15. And with 15-20 at least 2-3 hours active a day, we could prob squeeze top 10. No IRC btw. Top 10 is not anything to be proud of, especially with so few players. if you think about it. 1000 people can be in a top 10 alliance. Last round, I believe that 1500 people payed. :| with 1400 free. And top anything in a speed round obviously is crap, because I can't even remember what place VGN were last round.
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 01:50   #24
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
maybe for you, but for me coming back after 8 rounds and coming t50 in a t10 alliance isnt something to be knocked...
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 04:21   #25
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
maybe for you, but for me coming back after 8 rounds and coming t50 in a t10 alliance isnt something to be knocked...
well said!
SimbaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 12:05   #26
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
Oh, and jerome's comment on defence vs counters: certainly harder with def, as you have to get it to arrive on tick.
Nah, thats not the point. Much more important: you need to find out what is coming, you need to calc what you need to stop it and you need to gather those ships from the available defenders. While in counter you can usually just send any attack fleet at him if you have the right race at hand.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 12:07   #27
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
And top anything in a speed round obviously is crap, because I can't even remember what place VGN were last round.
But then again, i can't remember anyone praising you for your good memory...
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 15:03   #28
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
But then again, i can't remember anyone praising you
Fixed.

I wasn't going to post in this thread, Appocomaster's post should have been good enough. But Chika won't seem to give up (or stop being bitter?), so goes.

Quote:
At the start of RD 13, I can PA mail everyone in the Universe, and whatever I choose to name the alliance, they could end top 15. And with 15-20 at least 2-3 hours active a day, we could prob squeeze top 10. No IRC btw. Top 10 is not anything to be proud of, especially with so few players. if you think about it. 1000 people can be in a top 10 alliance. Last round, I believe that 1500 people payed. :| with 1400 free. And top anything in a speed round obviously is crap, because I can't even remember what place VGN were last round.
Last round, VGN finished 6th, above Vision. There's a few other mentionable alliances that we finished above, but differing member counts make that point moot.

Further quotage:

Quote:
this really isn't an AD topic. Rinoa's threads always come off as kind of slow to me for some reason.
To make this AD worthy, since VGN was the #1 alliance in the speedround, I take it that the speed round was a bust. Because VGN is a sub-par alliance.
Damn, you've really got it in for VGN haven't you?

Round 12 saw Vengeance return from a weak round 11 where we co-operated with ROCK, sharing the same tag. We found our true identity this round, and given our pre-round aims, I think we were very successful on that front.

We're not 1up or NewDawn, but we've never claimed to be. We're an attacking alliance which doesn't get scared by the big names, with a strong community. We also have excellent defence. But - I'm going off-topic/rant.

Why shouldn't VGN win things or achieve high results? We have excellent defence and a strong core of active members: a bit of culling between rounds 12 and 13 should get rid of the chaff weighing us down right now and push us up higher, a work in progress ofc. Our weakness in round 12 was attacking, and we're remedying that.

Look at HR, who finished 4th in Round 12. In round 10.5, they were merged with LCH. So, if VGN gets things right, I see no reason why we can't force ourselves up to that level, even with the returning alliances. It's been proven possible.

See you in round 13
furball, VGN officer.
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 16:46   #29
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
We're not 1up or NewDawn,
Made me laugh.
VGN is much closer to ND than ND is to 1up.
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 18:18   #30
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

The speed game sucked.

It was totally skewed in favor of european players.

The point of these games is that they run non-stop. This one shut down every night for the europeans to sleep.

The times that it was running meant that if North Americans wanted to play they had to get up in the middle of the night & play till early afternoon. (4 A.M to 3 P.M. for me)

If it had been like a real round, that actually runs around the clock, I'm sure you'd of seen many more active players & hugely different results.

Why it had to shut down every night I don't know, but the fact that it did just sucks. It totally removes any hope of a level playing field in it.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 18:58   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd agree with the essence what Grog says. Speed games are ultimately no measure of skill and actually only indicate as to who could potentially be a powerplayer.

It's the 2-3 month slog of a real round that seperates the men from the boys, always have and always will in my view, merely because of the tireless amount of work that needs to be accomplished for anything substantial to be achieved.

Any decent player intending to do well in r13 would (in my view) have done better forgetting about the speed round, and spent the time resting or working on his alliance.
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:41   #32
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
ney, my first post was basically how can u claim victory in a no defence speeder, but i agree there attack groups were effective, as i was brought down on the first day from top5 to nowhere near top100
atleast you would own them in BroodWar
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 01:16   #33
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

brood......war.....?
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 03:28   #34
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
brood......war.....?
Starcraft expansion, at least I think that's what he's referring to.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 04:01   #35
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

i hated havoc so the speedgame didnt interest me, r13!!! wheeere aaaare youuuu???

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 10:29   #36
anomnorway
SWaRM HC

anomnorway is an unknown quantity at this point

Am greenfaced here lol with envy. Sounds like I missed some real fun. Was sooo looking forward to the speedgame, but ended up in bed with the influensa instead

Congratz to the winners and to all who were lucky enough to play the speedgame
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 14:01   #37
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

i took the flu shot and still had a full blown case of influenza.. life's a bitch, what do you expect

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 10:50   #38
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
i took the flu shot and still had a full blown case of influenza.. life's a bitch, what do you expect
I find the worse flu I ever (lost my voice and everything) was when i got the flu jab

Damn Conspiricy.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 21:30   #39
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens
atleast you would own them in BroodWar
dam straight;D (sarcasm noted btw:/)
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 01:29   #40
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Speedgame was fun till I went to the shops and got home with incs

Nice to see ***** MDK finally won sumthing tho
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 12:21   #41
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I find the worse flu I ever (lost my voice and everything) was when i got the flu jab

Damn Conspiricy.
I''ve tried losing my voice a couple of times aswell.. damn that's some real annoying shit.. school m8s had sooo much fun with it, like: "or what do YOU say?" .. teacher once asked me a question in class(she didnt know I had lost my voice).. ofc I couldnt answer and she just looked stupid at me
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 12:25   #42
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I''ve tried losing my voice a couple of times aswell.. damn that's some real annoying shit.. school m8s had sooo much fun with it, like: "or what do YOU say?" .. teacher once asked me a question in class(she didnt know I had lost my voice).. ofc I couldnt answer and she just looked stupid at me
this is when you write in big letters on pieces of paper (your book, a friends book, her mark book....) things like "I have no voice, i can't speak" etc etc.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 12:56   #43
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

just don't try it more than once a year
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 17:26   #44
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
At the start of RD 13, I can PA mail everyone in the Universe, and whatever I choose to name the alliance, they could end top 15. And with 15-20 at least 2-3 hours active a day, we could prob squeeze top 10.
I just stumbled across this thread and this particular post, and i'm curious if you would still support that claim, with the a-posteriori knowledge about R13.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 03:07   #45
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

There was a speed game?
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 09:23   #46
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

before last round
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 12:25   #47
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Good lord, I didnt get flamed for my mistake.

What have you done with the rest of AD?
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 13:35   #48
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Good lord, I didnt get flamed for my mistake.

What have you done with the rest of AD?
banned it.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 14:12   #49
teknik
Antagonist

teknik has a spectacular aura aboutteknik has a spectacular aura about

and this is why bringing back old threads that have died (thread necromancy) should be banned. poor cooling