User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 23:18   #1
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough
Zik Fix

The issue of other races "defending" against Ziks as a form of attack is pretty lame. I would suggest if this isn't going to be fixed for the next round. Remove the restrictions on attacking gal and ally mates. At least that way the attacked planet could run the same ship type "defending" them and allow a galaxy or ally mate to attack against that ship type alone. That would likely bring an end to this practice. I know that will cause political problems and potential farming, but surely there are better solutions for those issues, if nothing more than being dealt with ingame.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 00:01   #2
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Zik Fix

It's called 'Red Defence' if I am not mistaken.

From what I know it will be fixed for next round, stats wise.
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 00:25   #3
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Well, cutlass have init 2 which means they subvert the deffing fi before they can be fired out by other fi killers, and subverted ships can't be killed.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 01:50   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

fixing this stat wise is going to be interesting. good luck

-mist
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 07:11   #5
Conall
There is a better answer

Thanks Blixx - lets keep our fingers crossed

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 10:25   #6
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
fixing this stat wise is going to be interesting. good luck

-mist
It wasn't that much of a problem in rnd 11 so it should be possible i.m.o.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 11:24   #7
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
that's because there was so few "good" ziks.
I certainly hope pateam's plan isn't to make zik so shit no one chooses them :\ (not that they were shit r11)

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 13:36   #8
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

It's also because the trick with subverting your own attacking ships was impossible if you had terran defenders against you (attacking ships always subbed terran defenders that killed their own red def). I think it was designed that way (note that this is a compliment to Syn_Sid!)
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 20:36   #9
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

forest keeps telling me how it was abusable, but the lack of ziks in 1up meant they didn't want to do it and show everone else how it was done...

-mist
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 16:58   #10
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Indeed
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 17:48   #11
Remberasha

Remberasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Actually --

I saw it used twice against my alliance in r-12 -- It was very minor as abuses go.

I think if PA-crew makes it so subverted ships can be killed as they had planned to do, then that would pretty much end that particular abusable loophole.

But I'm sure someone would find another...

Cheers'
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 18:31   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think its that big a problem, it'll never be used on a major scale by alliances because it uses up two fleets on a planet, instead of one.
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 19:10   #13
Conall
There is a better answer

[quote=Nonentity]I don't think its that big a problem, it'll never be used on a major scale by alliances because it uses up two fleets on a planet, instead of one.[/QUOTE

As a DC I saw it plenty of times, and had it coming at my planet no less than 4 times. From the like of 1up and ND. So large alliances do use it. And it doesn't take seeing too many times before you get pretty frustrated either. It limits your defensive options enourmously.

Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 20:01   #14
Bartje

Bartje is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
I don't think its that big a problem, it'll never be used on a major scale by alliances because it uses up two fleets on a planet, instead of one.
how do u think evil_n00b got his 199k XP? ...... exactly! by those 'green attackers'
needs to be fixed for next rnd imo...

[kc]Bart aka 'IcDeAdPeOpLe'

[22:29] * Rebenne gets naked
[22:29] * Berk throws up
[22:29] * [kc]Bart hides
[22:29] * Hook ducks
[22:29] * Rebenne asks : WHO WANNA PARTY!
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 20:36   #15
Remberasha

Remberasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past

so like I said --

all PA crew has to do is make subverted ships able to be killed in combat. Thats what they were planning anyway.

If the player is sending the defending ships to be deliberatly subverted - then the true planetary defenders can then kill his/her ships by defending against those classes.

ie:

Enemy a sends mauraders on attack:
Enemy b sends Pirates/Galleons on def
Defending Player has defense against incomming BS/CR

currently this occurs:

Pirates subvert mauraders (making them so they cannot be killed)
Mauraders subvert Pirates and Galleons (they too cannot be killed)
Galleons bombard planetary structures

If subverted ships can be killed:

Pirates subvert Mauraders
Mauraders subvert Pirates and Galleons
Other unsubverted ships get to shoot and kill both classes

PA-Crew said they were trying to make it so subverted ships die in combat like ordinary ships == I think this simple change would pretty much make the green fleet attack tactic obsolete.

=- Remby -=
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 22:03   #16
mist
Jolt's best friend

the combat engine isn't going to be rewritten for r13, partiuclarly with spinner ill. as such, the way subverting works wouldn't change.

-mist
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 02:05   #17
Goodfellah
*** [ToF] Yakuza ***

Goodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartje
how do u think evil_n00b got his 199k XP? ...... exactly! by those 'green attackers'

i did the same aswell only had 90-100k xp tho . i used it on every attack and sending mass vsha stops it, trust me
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 02:09   #18
mist
Jolt's best friend

there are only so many vsha in the world...
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 10:32   #19
Lord Skar
hitch hiker

Lord Skar is an unknown quantity at this point

an other way of fix'ing this little problem is to be able to make your incomming greens red... (just a little cute button...)
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 10:55   #20
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
ND (Sprit and Squid, I just worked on the combos ^^ ) discovered it quite early in the round, and started using it, but mainly for retals. The stats weren't as conducive to this though (I usually attacked with clipper/CR and defended with cutters against xans for instance, but nothing as hideously effective as red deffing xan FI), and comparitively few people managed to work it out quickly. However, by Round 12, more people knew about it, and it was more useful :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfellah
i did the same aswell only had 90-100k xp tho . i used it on every attack and sending mass vsha stops it, trust me
Evil n00b was sending 50k or so cutlass. That's 350k FI before vsh starts to shoot. Which is possible, but was pretty pointless for me as very few in ND actually did build vsh. Aside from red def and the occasional times they're useful in decent numbers in this scenario, they're one of the worst R12 ships IMO (Not quite as bad as the defender though ). Several NDers build a small number to send on defence against other xans (vsh/sent to kill attacking fi/sent), but that was it.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 13:42   #21
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Skar
an other way of fix'ing this little problem is to be able to make your incomming greens red... (just a little cute button...)
this would require a coder who's not in hospital

-mist
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 14:29   #22
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
this would require a coder who's not in hospital
-mist
plus players that don't think farming is 1337.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 14:34   #23
mist
Jolt's best friend

how would this affect farming?

i think it's a good (interim) solution, if it could be done.

-mist
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 17:14   #24
fizzyxl
SiN

fizzyxl is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, but that would mean that you are changing the orders of someone elses fleet?! that does not seem correct
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 17:53   #25
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzyxl
yes, but that would mean that you are changing the orders of someone elses fleet?! that does not seem correct
not really - any fleet in pa is sent to fight, this is in essence just deciding that your fleets and your loyal defence fleets treat it as hostile which is a more realistic combat model really.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 19:00   #26
fizzyxl
SiN

but would the ziks fleet still be defending? therfore if yes then subverting will still happen (its int is lower) and if no then you have changed the order surly?
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 19:01   #27
Conall
There is a better answer

Would force HC to pay better attention to internal affairs too. I can imagine someone getting ticked off and deciding to leave their ally for another. Before announcing that they are leaving have their new ally send an attack, get old ally def and switch half the old allys def to attack and watch them kill each other. Would be interesting.

Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 19:35   #28
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartje
Well, he didn't get the xp from killing structures, as killing ships and structure is in no way related to xp; I'm not sure it ever has been.
The major way to gain xp is through capping roids, with slight benefits from scanning (and I think covert ops, not 100% sure). Of course, the wave xp benefits at least got nerfed after lots of abuse a couple of rounds back...
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 22:49   #29
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
how would this affect farming?
It's very easy to sneak in an attack fleet without the galaxy defending because they either see only defence or (a little less obvious) an attacker that is covered by defence.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 22:55   #30
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzyxl
but would the ziks fleet still be defending? therfore if yes then subverting will still happen (its int is lower) and if no then you have changed the order surly?
why defending? the case everyone is talking about is a zik fleet ATTACKING and another fleet defending, but getting subbed. the point is that those subbed ships don't get shot at, this must be changed.

you are right tho that changing them from green to red not only changes the way other ships act with respect to that fleet, but also the way that fleet itself acts. so actually you'd need to make them red only for the defenders. the fleet itself should still defend as it was ordered, and attackers should still fire at it. that seems like the most logical behaviour as well as the most devastating for the (green) attacker
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 00:03   #31
fizzyxl
SiN

So you are assuming that chaniging its goal from defence to attack that other ships will do the same?

senario
Zik attking
Ter defending (ally of the zik)
Xan is the planet

even in the terran becomes enemy to the xan, its also still an enemy for the zik as you are only changing how the xan reacts.

This would mean that the xan can take out the Ter, BUT the Zik being superior in speed sub the Ter... this leaves you with the same problem you started with!

Only if you make the Ters overall mission attack (changing the order) will the zik respond differently

This will not work. Simply the only way to stop this kind of trick is to remove the invincibility of subbed ships, but then people will start to loose their own ships in more than one way.
that is why subbing (imo) is too good. only a cat can counter it
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 00:09   #32
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Just a thought I got, how about making subbed shipsfire after all the others? Now, this would stop the zik co/xan pulsars vs xans (as we all know and love from this round. Beetles are cute), as the pulsars would fire too late, and it would also affect the other typical scenarios.

If you make them fire before the pods, then it would still be possible to lend red def to allies (VGN "defended" MISTU a few times with bombers, I seem to recall).

Just a thought, haven't really thought it through, but it seems like a solution - allthough I expect someone to find new flaws with this that wasn't available before :P

As for alliances with high use of hostile defence: SiN is nr 1 here in my book (unless my intel is wrong, but I don't think it is). Not that others didn't, but SiN was very annoying as they did it late nights on my shifts :P
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 00:13   #33
Conall
There is a better answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad
Just a thought I got, how about making subbed shipsfire after all the others? Now, this would stop the zik co/xan pulsars vs xans (as we all know and love from this round. Beetles are cute), as the pulsars would fire too late, and it would also affect the other typical scenarios.
No one would be a Zik because Subversion ships would as usefull as tits on a bull.

Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 00:59   #34
mist
Jolt's best friend

if the sub ships fire late they become expensive emp that didn't.

this is why fixxing through stats is so difficult
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 01:48   #35
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Ok, I think I pharsed myself a bit bad there (or perhaps the idea has some serious flaw I'm just not seeing here).

What I meant, is if the subversion works every bit as we know it now (wait, also change structure killers to work like pods, so they don't fire when subbed), except for making subverted ships fire last. This would, admittedly, make zik a lot more like cathaar, and destroy some of the joy in calcing an attack where you use the target's own fleet against him, or arranging defence for some all-fleeter noob. However, as others have pointed out allready, subversion is a very difficult thing to implement in some working way (some go as far as saying the entire feature should be removed - perhaps now a bad thing, remove the various race "specialities", xan cloakingis allready gone (fleet analysis doesn't count)), but this - as far as I can see - would solve the problems we have had so far. No doubt it opens for new ones, as some or other devious mind will figure out ;-)
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 03:10   #36
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
xan cloakingis allready gone (fleet analysis doesn't count))
i disagree. xan are more cloaked now than they ever were. when they were cloaked old-style (0 ships on overview and gal status), mil scan was available quite soon anyway, so the whole cloaking feature had nearly no effect at all. with the current system, it's impossible to see what ships they sent through the entire round, which IS effective (/me remembers with joy the several occasions of dreadnought ingal def against his bomber/bolt/sabre fleet)
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 13:56   #37
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
i disagree. xan are more cloaked now than they ever were. when they were cloaked old-style (0 ships on overview and gal status), mil scan was available quite soon anyway, so the whole cloaking feature had nearly no effect at all. with the current system, it's impossible to see what ships they sent through the entire round, which IS effective (/me remembers with joy the several occasions of dreadnought ingal def against his bomber/bolt/sabre fleet)
Untrue. I don't recall which round it was, but at a certain point you couldn't see the orders of the fleets in a milscan. So by having the same amouth of pods in fleet 1 and fleet 2 (old style) you could have 1500 ships incoming, which could be 1500 pods OR 1500 pods + immense fleet. That was even more powerfull than the lack of fleetscan in PaX on xan, since you then see at least the actual number of ships incoming.

back on topic:
With pure statschanges this problem of red defence is about impossible to solve. I agree with what's been said before. Making subbed ships fire last makes it useless, I also agree that subbed ships dieing could be the solution, without removing the unique quality of zik (which I don't like btw, bring back stealing )
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 14:05   #38
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

on the issue of "hostile defence" and subbed ships.

would it not be feasable for subbed ships to take on the characteristics of the ship type that subbed them ?

For example, a Buccaneer subverting sentinels would make them target the same class as the Bucaneer (CO) not as subverted ships but as "normal" instead of aiming at their tertiary target.

This would mean that any Fi defence would not be affected by the subbed sentinels, and if it were Vsh defending they would have the chance to shoot at the CO pods.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 14:36   #39
mist
Jolt's best friend

wouldn't that just shift the problem, rather than solving it?

-mist
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 16:44   #40
fizzyxl
SiN

Ok my coding is very weak so i'm not sure how this would work.

the idea of red / green switching... why not have it so that you can change from "Freindly" (green) to "fake defence" which is say blue or summut

a green fleet when subbed is indestructable...
a blue fleet is not... its as if you anticipate them being hostile.

so it doesnt change any orders except your own.
am i right in assuming you would not fire on subbed ships because you don't expect them to attack you?
well by making them killable after being subbed then the defender would not bother, and also the real freindlies don't loose ships at their own hands

did that make sense?
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 18:19   #41
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
wouldn't that just shift the problem, rather than solving it?

-mist

maybe, but it would mean that the Bucaneers dont get a free hit (by subversion) at other classes (which is perhaps the real issue) ?

or maybe I am talking out the back of my head again ?
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 18:31   #42
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I still cant help thinking that its not that zik is too strong, but that the other races are too weak.

Tweak zik a little, and give other races decent stats, and all is sorted.

BTW off-topic, everyone seems to of missed the point that catheers were way more powerful than zik this round.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 19:55   #43
mist
Jolt's best friend

fizzyxl: the problem is that it's impossible to shoot at ships once they're subbed. if it wasn't this whole probably wouldn't be.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 20:08   #44
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
BTW off-topic, everyone seems to of missed the point that catheers were way more powerful than zik this round.

I agree Cath' were very strong, but most players can stand losing roids, it's the subversion issue and Red Defence that caused problems, in particular the Marauder/Galleon problem.

Nothing worse than watching your planet reduced to a hulk, while having Zero defence options, roids are easy to replace structures can take weeks.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 20:10   #45
Forest

So change the class of structure killers to there own class, and problem is solved.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 20:23   #46
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
So change the class of structure killers to there own class, and problem is solved.

You would still need a ship(s) (or PDS <spit>) that fired specifically at Structure killers, and with four races would that be 4 different classes of structure killers, or do all Structure killer come under the same class?

(I always hated PDS)
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 20:41   #47
DukePaul
Retired VGN

Or rather change how structure killers work in battle, so they function the same way as pods - which will do nothing when subbed.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 20:41   #48
Forest

Just include a ship that fires at structutre killers, but make it weaker than the others so ppl dont just buld loads and make structure killers useless
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 20:44   #49
Forest

Quote:
Or rather change how structure killers work in battle, so they function the same way as pods - which will do nothing when subbed.
That would work also.
Unread 9 Jan 2005, 02:32   #50
evil n00b

evil n00b is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my 200k xp by roiding targets 2x my value. Those roids gives nice xp
the only reasonable def against zik co attack with a xan flak was enought beetles to emp all ships.
Its good to fix this, althought it wont change the fact that there will be other things that can be used next round
also when something is "fixed" it usually means 2 new exploits is avaible
Closed Thread