User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 15:46   #1
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Your top 5 films

the boredom of study leave has got to me and coupled with the cheap dvd deals at hmv at the moment i am being pressured into investing all my money in films, so i d like some input as to what films to invest in.

my five are in no particular order: american history x, carlito's way, any given sunday, shawshank redemption and the usual suspects (godfather II running in a close 6th)

so if you 'd care to add your top 5 to this thread then i'll read it any most likely buy them.
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 16:28   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Your top 5 films

Ignoring stuff that everyone accepts as great (mostly) - like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Tarantino movies, etc...

Once Upon a Time in America
Midnight Cowboy
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Café
The Talented Mr.Ripley
Far and Away
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 16:36   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's a Wonderful Life
Annie Hall
Leon
Clerks
12 Monkey
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:06   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
like Star Wars, Indiana Jones
8 fine examples of really really bad dialogue.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:13   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Midnight Cowboy

What's that like (/what happens)?
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:15   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fight Club
American Psycho
Apocalypse Now
Aliens
The Usual Suspects
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:16   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

As an aside I liked "Way of the Gun" to watch although i'm not sure how much other people like it.
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:20   #8
Coconut_Monkey5

Coconut_Monkey5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im on study leave to an mostly ive been watchin the Alien Quadrilogy and the Fifth element.
Coconut_Monkey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:36   #9
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Pulp Fiction
Leon - The Profi

Seven Samurai
Dr Strangelove
Dial 'M' for Murder
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:37   #10
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
As an aside I liked "Way of the Gun" to watch although i'm not sure how much other people like it.
bought that because it was in an offer its pretty good.

spent a while looking through imdb.com now got a list of films i ll buy shortly:

a few good men
easy rider
5 easy pieces
midnight in the garden of good and evil
its a wonderful life
adaptation
one flew over the cu-cus nest
requiem for a dream
sleepers
girl interrupted
the big kahuna
all the presidents men
12 monkeys
serpico
dead poets society
the grifters
things to do in denver when you're dead

tell me if any of these arent worth buying would you
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:40   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
Dr Strangelove

I want to watch that but have never been given the opportunity ;'(
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:40   #12
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

buy or loan THE BLUES BROTHERS!!!!
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:42   #13
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
I want to watch that but have never been given the opportunity ;'(
in germany we call this "A Gap of Education", seriously step away from your PC and go to a video store and loan the DVD/VHS! NOW!!!!!111212
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:43   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The usual suspects
American beauty
The matrix
Grease
The lion king
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:49   #15
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Rashmoon
Kagemusha
Sjinku Triad Society

Three very nice and different japanses movies. I think they're all cool in their own way. Beware of spelling errors on my part.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:51   #16
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

hey, do you like kurosowa?
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:52   #17
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Dr Strangelove
MEIN FÜHRER! i can walk!

saw it just a few days ago for the first time, great movie. the best Kubrick made, at least in my opinion

dace, i found it on bittorent just a while ago, you might want to check on suprnova
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 17:59   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
hey, do you like kurosowa?
I've only watched Seven Samurai, Rashmoon and Dream(s?). But I've enjoyed those, and I'm going to get more of him.
Im very fond of the Japanese way of making movies generally, I think their way is much cooler then the standard American way!
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 18:01   #19
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

i can recommend you Yojimbo. it is an excellent black/white movie.
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 18:06   #20
Snurx
Dirte

Thanks! Im going to check it out!
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 19:11   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Kill Bill
Pulp Fiction
Godather 1
Godfather 2
Fight Club
_ _ _ _ _ _

Apocalypse Now (Redux)
Animal House
Lost In Translation
Get Shorty
Blade Runner
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 19:23   #22
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
8 fine examples of really really bad dialogue.
You forgot to add "in my opinion" after that.

Quote:
What's that like (/what happens)?
"A "cowboy," Joe Buck, moves to New York City from Texas to make his fortune as a hustler servicing rich Park Avenue women. Shortly after arriving, he is hustled by homeless con man Ratzo Rizzo, who had said he would manage him for a $20 fee. Bent on getting his money back, Buck finds the rapidly deteriorating Rizzo, ends up feeling sorry for him, and moving into Rizzo's room in an abandoned building to care for him. The two remain hopeful of striking it rich with Rizzo managing Buck's career, but it soon becomes obvious that they are no match for the urban jungle."

(from here) ... Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 19:56   #23
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Shawshank Redemption
Memento
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club
The Green Mile

Picked them from a list of 10 or so i would consider my favouritest films ever.
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 20:38   #24
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1) All About Lily Chou Chou
2) American Beauty
3) About a Boy

<big gap here>

4) Usual Suspects
5) No other film I've watched has been that great. Fight Club was pretty good though, so probably that.

Last edited by Nodrog; 6 Jun 2004 at 20:44.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 21:21   #25
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Godfather I
Trainspotting
Once Upon A time In The West
Pulp Fiction
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 21:31   #26
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Memento
Fight Club
The Shawshank Redemption
American Beauty
Pulp Fiction

Obvious list I know.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 21:38   #27
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

5 favorites are always difficult... but we'll try:

Dr. Strangelove
Dogma
Hero
Lock, stock and two smoking barrels
Matrix
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:05   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You forgot to add "in my opinion" after that.
No, it's all pretty terrible. I think Attack of the Clones may have had worse dialogue than The Evil Beneath Loch Ness.
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:17   #29
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

in no particular order:

Fubar
Return of the Jedi
Grease
Shrek
Forrest Gump
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:40   #30
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
No, it's all pretty terrible. I think Attack of the Clones may have had worse dialogue than The Evil Beneath Loch Ness.
are you actually trolling?
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 00:11   #31
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point

igby goes down
fight club
amelie
donnie darko
magnolia

+ anything with tim burton or david lynch
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 00:55   #32
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

hmm, mine would be (in no order)
Hackers
Rounders
40 days and 40 nights
Star wars series
LOTR series
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 01:11   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Leon
Shawshank
Pulp Fiction
Dead Poets Society
Hunt for the Red October
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 02:47   #34
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Open Range (new , but good)
A Beautiful Mind
Shawshank Redemption
Disney Robin Hood
Rush Hour

I liked them all, but I can never remember (or perhaps judge at all) my favourites.
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 07:35   #35
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maverick
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Godfather
Once upon a time in America

That'd be five excellent movies that I'd be happy to watch anytime. I'm sure there are a few others that have escaped my mind. Very much looking forward to Serenity (the Firefly movie) - if it is as good as the show, I'm pretty sure it'll nudge it's way in there.
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 07:48   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
are you actually trolling?
Elan Sleazebaggano: You wanna buy some death sticks?
Obi-Wan: You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Elan Sleazebaggano: I don't want to sell you death sticks.
Obi-Wan: You want to go home and rethink your life.
Elan Sleazebaggano: I want to go home and rethink my life.
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 12:43   #37
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i thought that bit was funny

and i dont even like star wars
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 17:26   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
i thought that bit was funny
The dialogue in Plan 9 From Outer Space is funny.

Like this, it's funny because it's bad, not because we think the hard hitting social commentary is genius.
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 20:28   #39
Tomkat

Quote:
Could you be more arrogant?

That's your opinion. I gave you the opportunity to retract your statement and say it was only in your opinion, and perhaps others, and you stuck with the "well i think it therefore that is how it is".
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 20:38   #40
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Could you be more arrogant?

That's your opinion. I gave you the opportunity to retract your statement and say it was only in your opinion, and perhaps others, and you stuck with the "well i think it therefore that is how it is".
dude, "star wars has shit dialogue" isn't exactly a milestone in subjectivity here. it's a bit like "the matrix is derivative" or "al pacino is good at playing crime lords".
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:29   #41
cressa
Quietly Judging You !

cressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the rough

1. Fight Club
2. Goodfella's
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Star Wars
5. Cape Fear
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 03:26   #42
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
dude, "star wars has shit dialogue" isn't exactly a milestone in subjectivity here. it's a bit like "the matrix is derivative" or "al pacino is good at playing crime lords".
Or "Phang's idol is MrL_Jakiri" ?
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 12:17   #43
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Just because a lot of people agree on something doesn't make it objective.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 12:30   #44
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Scarface
3. Fightclub
4. Casino
5. LOTR trilogy

My first choice is pretty steady
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 13:54   #45
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

I'm not going to do what is my top 5 but just 5 films i think are worth watching

in fact i'll do 2 lists one for world cinema and another

Seven Samurai
Ran(both Kurosawa masterpieces)
Vita è bella, La also known as Life is Beautiful (Italian film set during ww2)
Amelie
City of God

now for the others again not necessarily top 5 just 5 good uns

Scarface(both original and remake)
Scent of a Woman
The Thin Red Line(my favourite war film)
The Wicker Man(Scottish film bit dated now but still brilliant)
The Big Lebowski
OneColourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 13:56   #46
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneColourRed
Scarface(both original and remake)

remake?

also,
La Vita e Bella is truly beautiful, highly recommended
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 13:59   #47
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

Yeh the Al Pacino version of Scarface is a remake of the original made in 1932 i think

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023427/

i managed to find it on video a couple years ago its brilliant.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 14:05   #48
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I am not sure if I can enjoy a movie so old like that but I will certainly check it out when I get the chance.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 14:13   #49
OneColourRed

Some anime worth a look

Akira
Spirited Away
Ghost in the Shell
Grave of the Fireflies(if you can find it i dont think its available in the UK but its brilliant) its about 2 Japanese kids during WW2

damn see when i get going on films :/
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:22   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Akira, overall, isn't very good.