User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 May 2004, 15:50   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Most Boring Movie Monologue

I'd have to plump for Kurtz's "the horror" drivel in Apocalypse Now.

(Incidently.. i did apocalypse now in my media exam, we were shown the first 7 minutes of the intro 4 times... and it really appealled to me. As a film watcher (not a pretentious media student, though there was a lot to write about).

I watched it two nights ago.

Utter, utter bollocks

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 15:57   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Most Boring Movie Monologue

Apocalypse Now is excellent, you fag.

The most boring film monologue would happen if anyone ever filmed Atlas Shrugged.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 15:59   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What on earth is "brilliant" about apocalyse now?

Unread 23 May 2004, 16:01   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The most boring film monologue would happen if anyone ever filmed Atlas Shrugged.
I'd get up, leave the cinema and come back the next day in order to watch the rest of it.
Unread 23 May 2004, 16:02   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
What on earth is "brilliant" about apocalyse now?
The visuals, the script, the camerawork, the acting, the story.
Unread 23 May 2004, 16:09   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

I waited three long hours to see if it was going anywhere interesting. Some of the characters were unexplained, ( Lo any motivation behind the Lance character ), the Resolution was dire, and i couldnt care less either way what happened to Kurtz. It was just another "voyage of self discovery" that refused to wrap up in 88 minutes, oh no. The bunnies, the sleeping with Miss frenchy, it just had no point. Maybe the visuals were brilliant but i felt like i was cooped up on that ****ing boat for three hours myself.

Kurtz's speech at the end was so irrelevant and so boring that we started making jokes at the films expense to entertain ourselves. One of my female friends claimed she'd grown a beard since he started talking.

In conclusion, its not one of the worst films ive ever seen because of content, but because of sheer interesting things vs length.

Unread 23 May 2004, 16:13   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, the story is based on Heart of Darkness, and I liked Brando's monologue.
Unread 23 May 2004, 16:15   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Konrad's Heart of Darkness was part of the English course last semester. Its possibly one of the most boring drivels ive ever read.

When i said, i mean picked up, scanned, read a few pages, and thrown onto a barbeque

Unread 23 May 2004, 17:00   #9
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

watch this movie when you are alone, in a group of young ppl, it is for sure a boring movie.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 17:29   #10
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

It might just be that I have no appreciation of all those things MrL listed or have seen too many standard Hollywood movies, but I also found Apocalypse Now really tedious.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 17:30   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Apocalypse Now is excellent, you fag.

http://www.atlassociety.org/news_atl...ated050304.asp

:o
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 17:31   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Most films move really slowly, it's only the ADD MTV generation that grew up with comics that wants zip bangs and flash jets.
Unread 23 May 2004, 17:32   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Oh dear god.
Unread 23 May 2004, 17:33   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Most films move really slowly, it's only the ADD MTV generation that grew up with comics that wants zip bangs and flash jets.
you're a BBC in an MTV world.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 17:36   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

What's "Atlas Shrugged" about?
Unread 23 May 2004, 17:38   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
It's some sort of allegory fitted around a 3,000,000 page monologue.
Unread 23 May 2004, 17:38   #17
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

oh, you should watch "My Sassy Girl" it's a stonking movie, with a really hot korean actress in it.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Ji...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Unread 23 May 2004, 17:48   #18
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
reason, rights and reality (RRR).
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 17:56   #19
Radical Edward

I thought a film with a name like "Atlas Shrugged" would be about the Greek gods kicking ass all over earth and smacking the iraqis in with thunderbolts and stuff.

Unread 23 May 2004, 18:00   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought it would be about Global Warming/Natural disasters.
Unread 23 May 2004, 18:16   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I've read around 170 pages of Atlas Shrugged, and nothing has happened. I like how everyone is always smiling.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 19:18   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Most films arent 3 hours long, and have a disernable point.

Unread 23 May 2004, 19:40   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Apocalypse Now is good up until Dennis Hopper enters the scene. From then on it just becomes drug-induced strangeness.

I agree with Deffeh. None of the characters have any depth, and I honestly couldn't care what happened to any of them in the film.
Unread 23 May 2004, 19:51   #24
Radical Edward

Quote:
Most films arent 3 hours long, and have a disernable point.
oi, the Big Lebowski is fkin awsome.

Unread 23 May 2004, 23:12   #25
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The directors cut of Apocalypse Now is a bit rubbish, particularly the bit with the French farmers. I understand why that bit is in the film, and the point it makes about Vietnam is pretty decent, but did it need to be so long?
The original version on the other hand, is much better. I just wish the DVD had the option to watch the original version or the redux version, sort of like the Independance Day DVD has. Or that they would release the original version on DVD, either way is good.
Unread 23 May 2004, 23:14   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Yeah, it would have been a nice option, but then I have the original on my hard drive, so I'm not really caring.

And surely the scene isn't THAT long?
Unread 23 May 2004, 23:20   #27
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

It just feels tagged on (probably because it is), and I feel it disrupts the flow of the movie. For some reason I just always lose interest during scenes at the French farm, and then find it hard to get into it again afterwards. Maybe I just have ADD or something though.
Unread 23 May 2004, 23:23   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It's designed to disrupt the flow somewhat, it's a disconnect of sorts.

And I have ADD, so you have no excuse.
Unread 23 May 2004, 23:47   #29
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this thread is out to get me.

Like Deffeh, I saw Apocalypse Now for the first time two days ago.

Unlike Deffeh, I think it's one of the best films ever.

Like Jammers, I saw the redux version.

Unlike Jammers, I thought the redux-only bits were by and large the best bits.

Unlike Jammers, I thought the plantation bit was short.

Unlike Jammers, i thought the 'o look the americans set up the VC oops lol' bit was uneccessary and poor, and that it weakened the narrative in the name of cheap politics.

My biggest complaint about the film was that Kurtz didn't get to say enough. The film needed more Kurtz. LOTS more Kurtz.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 23:49   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Unlike Deffeh, I think it's one of the best films ever.
When I saw you had posted in this thread, I knew you were going to defend it.

You're like a mini-Mark.

I'm going to have to go with Deffeh on this one.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 23:52   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
When I saw you had posted in this thread, I knew you were going to defend it.

You're like a mini-Mark.

I'm going to have to go with Deffeh on this one.
What what what?
Unread 23 May 2004, 23:54   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What what what?
In reverse :

I meant I'm going to have to agree with Deffeh's summation of the movie.

I meant he seems to share a lot of tastes/traits with yourself. I can only presume he is smaller than you.

He's predictable.
Unread 23 May 2004, 23:55   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

We're too cool for you.
Unread 24 May 2004, 00:00   #34
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i lack a role model
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 01:22   #35
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Edward, the first picture makes me think of a post-op transvestite.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 03:08   #36
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
oi, the Big Lebowski is fkin awsome.
Did i make a thread about watching that? I forget

Anyway, i saw it for the first time 2-3 weeks ago as well.

It was absolutely dire, and i didnt laugh once. Yet again, didnt care about the characters, plot wasnt worth caring about, humour was just.. predictable, not even good slapstick value.

Unread 24 May 2004, 05:58   #37
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Edward, the first picture makes me think of a post-op transvestite.
I agree, the first pic is the worst one I have ever seen of her. occasionaly shoddy pics aside though, she is rather fine.

Unread 24 May 2004, 08:11   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Did i make a thread about watching that? I forget

Anyway, i saw it for the first time 2-3 weeks ago as well.

It was absolutely dire, and i didnt laugh once. Yet again, didnt care about the characters, plot wasnt worth caring about, humour was just.. predictable, not even good slapstick value.
Say what you like about National Socialism, but at least it's an ethos.
Unread 24 May 2004, 08:23   #39
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I certainly wouldn't describe the Big Lebowski as predictable.
Unread 24 May 2004, 09:02   #40
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

[walter]Shut the **** up deffeh[/walter]

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 14:39   #41
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
[walter]Shut the **** up deffeh[/walter]

Unread 24 May 2004, 14:52   #42
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I certainly wouldn't describe the Big Lebowski as predictable.
Were you on drugs? The bit with the wheelchair guy being lifted up.. some of the dialogue.

I'll give you the plot wasnt predictable, because i could never have predicted it would be that shite after everyone in the entire world telling me to watch that film.

Unread 24 May 2004, 15:00   #43
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

the funeral of donny was brilliant.

the dialogue of walter and smokey was terrific.

the dude is just fking funny. i hope you dont think this movie sucks just because everybody of your friends say it is incredible good.

ps. i agree on the plot, it was pretty weak, but that is secondary for this movie.

Unread 24 May 2004, 15:23   #44
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Boring movie monoluge? Only one I can think of right offhand is the one in 25th hour, where the father talks in the end. (Or did I mix up the names? )
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 15:42   #45
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
the funeral of donny was brilliant.

the dialogue of walter and smokey was terrific.

the dude is just fking funny. i hope you dont think this movie sucks just because everybody of your friends say it is incredible good.

ps. i agree on the plot, it was pretty weak, but that is secondary for this movie.
Maybe part of it was that it was built up so much.

Maybe part of it is because its sort of hard to find "thats just like your opinion man" funny when every idiot ever repeats it.

Maybe its because i wasnt on drugs at the time.

Maybe its because i know people who add "man" to the end of every sentence and its more annoying that you will ever believe.

But taking this all into consideration, and forgetting the plot, it was still shit.

Unread 24 May 2004, 15:47   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In this thread we realise deffeh's course has turned him into a pretentious prick*.

*In before sunday (hopefully)
Unread 24 May 2004, 15:53   #47
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

my advise for you: watch it when you are alone, make you free of all your prejudices, try to free your mind.

you probably will like this movie.

ps: fs, you dont have to be on drugs to think this movie is funny.

Unread 24 May 2004, 16:09   #48
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
In this thread we realise deffeh's course has turned him into a pretentious prick*.

*In before sunday (hopefully)

Would this be the same film and media course that i have dismissed as "utter bollocks" and am dropping next semester?

Unread 24 May 2004, 16:20   #49
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Would this be the same film and media course that i have dismissed as "utter bollocks" and am dropping next semester? :cool:

Dropped too late.
Unread 24 May 2004, 16:25   #50
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Maybe part of it was that it was built up so much.
Hehe, you let other people think for you.