User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Sep 2003, 13:58   #1
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road
Wana know what I miss?

All with all I think this new PA is very very interesting. The only they that I miss is...

MY SOOPER DOOPER FAST XAN FLEETS

They could have thought about that :S Fast Xan ships where adictive :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 14:06   #2
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Very very little about this game looks interesting...

Cov Ops suck
Eta system Suck
Ingame alliance SUCK(as it is now)
Combat system suck
GFX suck
Playernumber SUCK
There is no SPIRIT!
SCHEDULED LAUNCHES !!!!S U C K!!!!

Engeneering and Priorities are stuff worth taking back to the old PA, with a MUCH better ingame alliance...

WHY THE HELL WOULD WE WANT BS AND FI WITHT HE SAME ETA ETC??

ack, im teh SO DISSAPOINTED!!!!
For the first time in my PA career I have stepped down as GC...I expect a delete account button too, I paid for this sh*t now I want to be able to decide myself wether to have it or now. And as of now, this goes right into the trash with the penis enlarger that didnt work!

I asked my gal, so far everyone thet replied think it sucks. I asked my alliance, everyone who responded thought it sucked. In previous rounds, you actually felt a part of your planet and fleet, now its like BLEH!

ARGH!
why oh why did this get ruined?

This game is NOT appealing more to newbies than it did earlier, quite the opposite. The very few that didnt play earlier came r9.5

Are there at all any1 totally new to PA this round??
I'm saaad, so saaad...

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 14:08   #3
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
oh, and to actually stay on topic, i want the ability to steal that fleet CS

Retired
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 14:12   #4
Castigated

Castigated is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wana know what I miss?

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazySpoon
Wanna know what I miss?
Nope...
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Castigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 14:15   #5
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
I rather like it

now terrans can have *other* defense fleets than loads of harpies. As terran have mostly bigger ships it is hard for them to defend with the old system.
Prelaunch gives me the ability to attack, I've already done it twice, which I believe is just as many times as I did it in r9 and r9.5 together.

The ingame alliance is trash, but noone relaly expected it to be helpfull beyond giving us -1 eta on defense?!?

The GFX is nice, esspecially arcade

The combat system is abit strange, idd

Covops are nice imo, altho I can easily see its a nuisance for big players being targeted by bitter small planets

TOO little players, yes, have to agree there.

The spirit is good imo, from the little part of the community I belong ;-)

HOWEVER: give galm8s the ability to see how many ships in incs plz
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 14:21   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
There is no SPIRIT!
Maybe because you're not showing any?
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 14:37   #7
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Maybe because you're not showing any?
We have a winner!

--

i don't miss to much about the game, i find it fun and attractive. All it might need imho is the old race things like cloaked/EMP/stealing back, but other then that its fine

the low eta of xan would make it impossible to defend against them so wouldn't be that fun
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 14:47   #8
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point
I miss the stats for a bcalc. After all that was the best thing with PA, sitting and calcing different attacks. Now this is gone
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 15:08   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Quad
I rather like it

Prelaunch gives me the ability to attack, I've already done it twice, which I believe is just as many times as I did it in r9 and r9.5 together.

This made me laugh. So great you managed to attack two times!!!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 15:27   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I think it's stupid how you can jump up 500 ranks in the space of 2 hours or so. And vice versa.

If you're doing well you should stay doing well, with a drop ofc, but not as big as that. It's stupid.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 15:31   #11
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hurragutten
I miss the stats for a bcalc. After all that was the best thing with PA, sitting and calcing different attacks. Now this is gone
You found that the best thing with PA ???? How amazing !!!! That was among my worst things of PA. The complety overcalculated fleets and strategies that people used to play the game with. Horrible !!! Already a battlecalc has arrived and I fear the worst...

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 15:32   #12
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Hmm in general I like PaX Got a few remakrs whough..

I just annihilated two hostile fleets at my planet, together 1000 frigs dead (half of them by defenders ). Though i gained about 5k score, 10%ish of my total score. Gerbie killed 3 shippes and gained 60k score.... Ow and I want to see the numbers of the incoming on my galmates too...
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 15:38   #13
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
agree...
It's even worse than the round 2 Xanadu webby. (no offense DE )

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 15:42   #14
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
i actually like not seeing the numebrs on galmates - it means that when its reproted to an alliance the alliance has to use a brain in order to defend it - or wake their member up. this feature encourages people to stay up late, and hence counters the laziness of thoose who used scheduled launches, which i like btw.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 15:53   #15
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
omg Jonas, cheer up alittle eh? I doubt I'm the only one who is sick n fkin tired of your endless whining. You just go ooooooooon and oooooooon, you won't stop. We all know you don't like it. And who cares really?
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:11   #16
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
This made me laugh. So great you managed to attack two times!!!
I wasnt saying I were a good attacker, I said I attacked more this round than the two last rounds together ;-)

Defense, on the other hand... 30ish fleets sent, not that I have counted
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:30   #17
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally posted by mens
omg Jonas, cheer up alittle eh? I doubt I'm the only one who is sick n fkin tired of your endless whining. You just go ooooooooon and oooooooon, you won't stop. We all know you don't like it. And who cares really?
yeh sorry ill stfu forever and ever.

Retired
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:32   #18
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quad, whats your roid score and value(ish) ?

and have you been attacked alot?

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:33   #19
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough
tbh, i quite like the game, after i played the beta i told my alliance that i would quit, but since i still had an unpaid account i just started for fun and its indeed a better game then i thought... maybe all those whiners out there should just forget about normall (old) pa, and start in this game like they started in their first round of old pa, then its fun, and those who say combat is teh suck should look a little bit further then they where used 2, combat is made more difficult then it looks on first site

need 2 go now or i would have wrote more..

PS ingame alliance sucks indeed! (except for -1 eta )
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:41   #20
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
u dont calc ? , there are still "stats" - just a different type of stats.

tho, i tend to agree with u.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 20:49   #21
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by KalVirtus
i actually like not seeing the numebrs on galmates - it means that when its reproted to an alliance the alliance has to use a brain in order to defend it - or wake their member up. this feature encourages people to stay up late, and hence counters the laziness of thoose who used scheduled launches, which i like btw.
Yeah, scheduled launches cause a lot of inactivity during the main attack/defence times and as a DC it was hard enough getting def last round! Let alone this round with every1 have 1 eta to a target, why cant we have 2-4 diff eta's for diff classes, then it might not benefit a terran to just have CR/BS...
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 22:23   #22
[pldecal]spawn
Ridiculous Superludricous

[pldecal]spawn is an unknown quantity at this point
this will be my last round.

this simply is not planetarion anymore.

Unread 25 Sep 2003, 23:18   #23
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
agree...
It's even worse than the round 2 Xanadu webby. (no offense DE )
hmm, the one we shared with the CS people where menu frames popped up inside menu frames if you weren't careful? I have to agree with you.
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 08:29   #24
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

The Xanadu weeby clearøy improved throughout the rounds ^^ the r7 one was raw.

Retired
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 09:02   #25
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Hey well, Alexander the Great didn't have a battle calc. Julius Caesar, well there's no Roman word for battle calc is there. Storming Norman ust had a beta version of a bcalc.

At last there is another area of the game that requires some skill, must be a bad thing.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 09:09   #26
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Very very little about this game looks interesting...

Cov Ops suck
Eta system Suck
Combat system suck
GFX suck
Playernumber SUCK
There is no SPIRIT!
SCHEDULED LAUNCHES !!!!S U C K!!!!

Engeneering and Priorities are stuff worth taking back to the old PA, with a MUCH better ingame alliance...

WHY THE HELL WOULD WE WANT BS AND FI WITHT HE SAME ETA ETC??

ack, im teh SO DISSAPOINTED!!!!
For the first time in my PA career I have stepped down as GC...I expect a delete account button too, I paid for this sh*t now I want to be able to decide myself wether to have it or now. And as of now, this goes right into the trash with the penis enlarger that didnt work!

I asked my gal, so far everyone thet replied think it sucks. I asked my alliance, everyone who responded thought it sucked. In previous rounds, you actually felt a part of your planet and fleet, now its like BLEH!

ARGH!
why oh why did this get ruined?

This game is NOT appealing more to newbies than it did earlier, quite the opposite. The very few that didnt play earlier came r9.5

Are there at all any1 totally new to PA this round??
I'm saaad, so saaad...

-Jonas-
YOU SUCK! YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS! YOUR POST SUCKS! Why did you bother posting? What were you thinking? Are you totally new to this board? YOU !!!! SUCK !!!!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 10:21   #27
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz
You found that the best thing with PA ???? How amazing !!!! That was among my worst things of PA. The complety overcalculated fleets and strategies that people used to play the game with. Horrible !!! Already a battlecalc has arrived and I fear the worst...

hAl
calcing was skill
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
u dont calc ? , there are still "stats" - just a different type of stats.

tho, i tend to agree with u.
hehe, I think we agree. There are still stats and I do use them ofc

Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
Hey well, Alexander the Great didn't have a battle calc. Julius Caesar, well there's no Roman word for battle calc is there. Storming Norman ust had a beta version of a bcalc.

At last there is another area of the game that requires some skill, must be a bad thing.

Not sure what you are trying to say with this comment. I am not saying this game doesn't require skill, I'm simply saying I miss being able to calc battles for hours

Anyway: As far as I know, neither Alexander the Great nor Caesar played Planetarion?
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 11:25   #28
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold
yer it does suck..
..that everybody thinks they sould share their pessimism (excuse me for misspelling smt ) and negative opinions

sure, lots of ppl will now start saying its a forum so their opinion is welcome etc here

but I'm just saying for me it sux to read all the negative comments, like this the spirit will idd be gone
(and ofc now ppl will say "then don't read it".. so predictable)

Quote:
Originally posted by Banned
YOU SUCK! YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS! YOUR POST SUCKS! Why did you bother posting? What were you thinking? Are you totally new to this board? YOU !!!! SUCK !!!!
rofl
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 16:34   #29
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough
word up, Jonas.

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 17:09   #30
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally posted by Banned
Impressive adult grammar and non-sucking attitude...Go play PaX, and yes I am clearly new to theese forums

/me bows to the Banned über being.

Retired
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 19:16   #31
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Not sure what you are trying to say with this comment. I am not saying this game doesn't require skill, I'm simply saying I miss being able to calc battles for hours

Anyway: As far as I know, neither Alexander the Great nor Caesar played Planetarion?
I'm saying it requires more skill when you don't have a bcalc, and surely everyone who plays wants to think they do well based on skill.... It always usd to bug me that some moronic pleb who didn't have a clue even what class their ships where could just put it through a calc and narrow the gap over the people with a shred of intelligence.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 20:26   #32
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold
there's no such thing as skills in PA... not in any online game for that matter (yer I also means UT, CS, etc), all there is is experience and luck (and bots)
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 21:13   #33
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
I'm saying it requires more skill when you don't have a bcalc, and surely everyone who plays wants to think they do well based on skill.... It always usd to bug me that some moronic pleb who didn't have a clue even what class their ships where could just put it through a calc and narrow the gap over the people with a shred of intelligence.
I don't understand. Calcing in old PA was just simple algebra. Is that really the type of skill that you think the game should be rewarding? I started playing PA before there were bcalcs and calculating anything beyond a simple battle was tedious. Not many people are going to want to play a game that requires extensive calculations (people don't usually play games because they like to do math); they will either find another game or else write a program to automate the tedious calculations (e.g., a bcalc). In that sense, I think bcalcs are good--they keep people playing who'd otherwise quit. Don't confuse math with strategy.

Also, every game that's been out for a while has various tools to help people play it--strategy guides, hints, walkthroughs, etc. These tools help people do better at the game then they might be able to do otherwise (or at least, with less effort); but this is a symptom of success. Once you learn (or read) how to play a game you can't unlearn it. Old PA became predictable because they mostly only tweaked the ship stats, which didn't change the underlying strategies.

[edit]Fixed typo for zenopus[/edit]
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.

Last edited by Tactitus; 27 Sep 2003 at 00:42.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 14:15   #34
GenChaos

GenChaos is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to know. Is there any player out there who actually LIKES the 1-tick battle and defense? Considering all the eta errors made, and mostly the fact that there is no way to get defense unless you or somebody from your gal sees the attack the tick it is first reported.

I thought it was impossible to make it more necessary to watch your planet every single tick of every night 24/7 in order to survive, but Spinner found a way.

By eliminating the three-tick battle, 6-tick defense, and different ship travel times, def is worthless if not there in the exact tick it is needed, and much harder to catch early enough to do it, and no "pre-defense" is possible for when you know you will be attacked, having alliance m8s send def in advance of expected attacks with def 6 times.

Wow. It has made the game unplayable for anybody who isn't on 24/7 and resulted in 75% of the players I have been with over the last 6 rounds deciding after playing the beta that they have actual rls and can't really watch their planets and IRC 24/7, so they quit. Which is why we have a PA launched with under 2000 players... all that's left are those who can watch 24/7.
GenChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 14:25   #35
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm definately not playing 24/7.
I'm playing a lot, but not nearly that much. I'm playing less active than in previous rounds. This game allows less activity thanks to the prelaunches. (ofc my tactics allow me to be even less active)
I know it's a lot harder to get defence, but that's because you CAN be less active and a lot of people actually are.

This game is not aiming for people that can play 24/7. And I see a lot of people play that login just once a day - as Spinner wanted it to be possible.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 16:09   #36
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point
Since I'm quite busy lately I am one of those ppl that kinda enjoy this round; I can still do moderately well without any real effort . I like being able to play the game a bit lazy yet still do ok.

Maybe it was more exciting when you skipped a night's sleep to launch a fleet or to wait for incomings but finally you can play PA AND have a real life. Some people ought to really try that combination....
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 16:44   #37
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
I like this round, probably because i'm doing pretty well so far, but it seems a lot more fun to me.
Old PA got so repetitive, now we have (some) new things to discover. I know its just postponing the onset of the boredom, but surely that's what entertainment (in whatever form) is for?

Postponed launches mean anyone can attack at a "good" time.
1 tick defence goes someway (quite a lot of the way really) to make up for this.
The score growth of even the top players is far from the exponential curves we saw in previous rounds, and from the huge jumps in rank i have seen when my fleets land (up to 400 places with some) it shows how close the top planets are to the more average players.
People who commit little or no time to the game won't do very well, but those who spend 2/3/4 hrs a day can do well.

The new techtree means that its actually quite difficult to decide what to do next.
For example, atm i have 100 more roids than i can mine, so doing Cargo-transfers seems the obvious choice. But then researching tactics would mean i could get score without having "useless" roids, travel-techs will mean i can defend more often and be more help.
And constructions too, a few days ago all i was building was wave-distorters as i didn't think anything else would be useful. Now i've found that more mines will help me keep my resource ratio right (xans attacking xans is a really bad idea, so my roids are all skewed, and trading is costly). Having just spent a few ticks in the top-100, i've also seen that having a few security centres might not be a bad idea, to try and keep some resources safe...and this is all going alongside building res-labs to make up for the Xan's disadvantage.

I get the impression that a lot of of the unhappy people are just simply unwilling to change their way of thinking (slightly) to adjust to the new game.
People complaining about low roids caps- roids aren't the be-all and end-all of the game.
Cov-ops- if you're fed up with it, put security as a high eng-priority and/or build security centres. Or, if you feel taking extra precautions aren't worth it- then just put up with it
Now i just hope i don't get logged out when trying to post this...
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 11:44   #38
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Gekke Lepel

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote