User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 22 Sep 2003, 23:52   #101
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
I am a bit let down that you didnt put this plan in motion in any of the betas so we'd have known about it though (:
iirc, I was talking to gerbie a couple of times in the beta about the effectiveness of Covert Ops - afaik it was he who suggested that you reduced the effectivness of Covert ops (as at the time the use of every succesful agent gave you score), which you did. But if i again remember correctly further advice and suggestions went unheard/ignored.

Gerbie was teh ultimate covert opper in the beta. Was it really supriring that he would do so well with covert ops during the proper round?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 23:58   #102
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
btw, imo Gerbie (and everyone else who adopts this tactic and method) should be encouraged to continue on with this, without tweaking of formulas etc. having read much of this thread i would say that alot of people agree on this issue.

tbh - future direction of PA should include multiple paths of getting to the #1 spot. Whilst that's easy to say, i'm sure if Spinner ASKED THE COMMUNITY FOR SUGGESTIONS then he would find some very intelligent, feasible and plain old good fun solutions.

The more different 'pathways' to victory this game has, the more fun (and greater replayability between rounds - ie going for a 'conventional' method one round, and a different method in a subsequent round if there are any) this game would have.

Pld Gerbie
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:08   #103
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
What does your alliance think about your style of playing?

Not exactly a "team-player", are you?
Gerbie definitly is a team player and he has both, his alliance and the laugh on his side.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:50   #104
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough
ffs. this just hafto be fixed. what's the point playing if it's not.
we can't have everybody in PA using this tactic. that would stagnate the game like hell.

-Chaos
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 01:18   #105
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
He lost score :(
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 01:20   #106
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
He lost score
he's on 40k now...
I wonder if that was part of _his_ strategy, or Spinners..

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 01:22   #107
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by are
Gerbie definitly is a team player and he has both, his alliance and the laugh on his side.
So how does he help the alliance? Steal some resources off a planet you all don't like? Woah.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 01:26   #108
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
So how does he help the alliance? Steal some resources off a planet you all don't like? Woah.
The word starts with s and ends with canner :-)
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 02:12   #109
will_japp
VGN

will_japp is an unknown quantity at this point
A bug (a missing limitation actually) was found in the score system, which had led to the preious #1 player being in a somewhat unrealistic position. This has been fixed and the score formula has been adjusted.

last rounds, big players bashed small players and stayed high in ranks. now a small player does well for playing a legal tactic and he gets penalised??
will_japp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 02:18   #110
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Heh, so my post earlier was right, you did decide to change the formula, in conclusion you're now more of a chump than before Spinner.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 02:18   #111
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by will_japp
A bug (a missing limitation actually) was found in the score system, which had led to the preious #1 player being in a somewhat unrealistic position. This has been fixed and the score formula has been adjusted.

last rounds, big players bashed small players and stayed high in ranks. now a small player does well for playing a legal tactic and he gets penalised??
you expect consistancy from PA?
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 03:58   #112
Jay-Em
#dragons

Jay-Em is an unknown quantity at this point
sad... well...
Gerbie > PaX

PA r3-r10.5, EA, Corvus, BD, VGN, Ğragons
r12 : Vengeance r13: eXilition r15: eXilition r16: VGN
r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
r34 p3n r35 p3n r36 p3n r65 allianceless latestarter/VGN (I am not back..)
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 05:31   #113
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Good job. This will make the game interesting again. With this limit I still gained 30k in one operation. If I can repeat it a couple of times I might still make #1.

Just try and stop me people.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 05:41   #114
masochist

masochist is an unknown quantity at this point
MOTD
When you upgrade your account to a paid account, you will get 5.000 of each resource in bonus which might come in handy for getting those extra roids up and running

erm?????
LOL

well... a bug?? how possible?
btw i do 100-200 scan per day and my score really doesnt increase; another 'bug'?

i have a question:
Gerbie won the round. when does next round start?
0 pods; I never attack.
masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 05:43   #115
masochist

masochist is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
Good job. This will make the game interesting again. With this limit I still gained 30k in one operation. If I can repeat it a couple of times I might still make #1.

MOTD
When you upgrade your account to a paid account, you will get 5.000 of each resource in bonus which might come in handy for getting those extra roids up and running

better to win with a free account no?
you should try. MOTD is fun, tks pa crew.
0 pods; I never attack.
masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 08:33   #116
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by are
The word starts with s and ends with canner :-)
"The Gerby" even has fleet probes I had no idea those were obtainable that fast
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 08:51   #117
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
lmfao!

could atleast let him keep the score, just change it so he wouldnt be able to in the future.

Gerbie for president!
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 09:08   #118
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay-Em

Gerbie > PaX
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 10:30   #119
will_japp
VGN

will_japp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Quad
lmfao!

could atleast let him keep the score, just change it so he wouldnt be able to in the future.

Gerbie for president!
the formula was edited so his score was recalced so he couldnt have just kept the same score.
will_japp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 12:48   #120
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
what I meant: change it, so it would take effect from 2day, and not affect what has allready happened
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 14:23   #121
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:

Hehe. You might beat all the players, but how are you going to beat Spinner?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 14:27   #122
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
level 10:9

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vs. Shredder
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 14:34   #123
Jay-Em
#dragons

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
well....he beat Spinner...at least in my eyes...

From: Spinner (1:1:2) Subject: How did you manage that score?? Sent: Mon Sep 22 08:52:00 2003
Care to tell me how you managed to get that score with that little value and 3 roids?

r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 19:12   #124
DukePaul
Retired VGN

Quote:
From Universe screen
24 1116 5:2:5 Max 20 characters Max 20 characters 3 61.303
and he did it again :-)

only this time with 79k value...
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 19:13   #125
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough
He's back to 24th (up 1116 spots). I guess we still have a problem here.

Xeno
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 19:17   #126
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Just telling people not to write me off just yet.

Going down again next tick.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 21:48   #127
Spanish

Spanish has a little shameless behaviour in the past
.... and our galaxy fund in 5:2 keeps growing , he keeps our 5% for transactions and you keep donating to gerbie in his covert actions - keep up the good work m8 - it should convert in to a tidy sum towards the end of the round

no doubt spinner will change the rules/ formulas again to suit himself and mess things up - but hey whats new there then
Spanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:03   #128
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
go gerbie go

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 23:11   #129
GlowDog
VGN

GlowDog is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up HE DID IT Again !

HE DID IT AGAIN !

Rank Change Coord Ruler Planet Size Score
1 1387 5:2:5 Max 20 characters Max 20 characters 3 80.425

MOEHAHAHA

Gerbie roxxors ! is the winner of PaX , not matter now many changes in the rules/formula's are made now !

RESPECT !
GlowDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 23:12   #130
evil one
banana

evil one is an unknown quantity at this point
Clearly Gerbie owns all .
evil one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 23:12   #131
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
pld again \o/
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 23:14   #132
DukePaul
Retired VGN

Gerbie, will u marry me?
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 23:18   #133
Jay-Em
#dragons

\o/

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 23:19   #134
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe, once again...

must say it's quite good to jump 1387 places upwards..

Last edited by Tyroka; 24 Sep 2003 at 23:24.
Tyroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 23:22   #135
DukePaul
Retired VGN

It would've been so much better if he was ranked 50 places higher before the jump :P

going 1337 up to #1
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 00:08   #136
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about
Pld Gerbie!

Tbh, youve supported my feelings about PaX, why change the game so that the winner isnt the person with the most roids and the most ships?

BORING!
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 00:14   #137
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
His value has gone up pretty much though, so i wonder if he's keeping the same strategy as before, and whether having a high value might make him less efective as co-opper. I cba with PaX atm to find out all the details and formulas, so maybe you can enlighten me on this doubt of mine.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 00:20   #138
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
And down he goes again. This is just a bit confusing, but i guess that Gerbie is having fun jumping up and down in the rankings. I just hope that he makes #1 at the end of the round :P.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 01:27   #139
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Spanish

no doubt spinner will change the rules/ formulas again to suit himself

Yeah, because Spinner wants to get to rank 1, and he'll do anything to get it....... (?!)
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 03:03   #140
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Sergio
And down he goes again. This is just a bit confusing, but i guess that Gerbie is having fun jumping up and down in the rankings. I just hope that he makes #1 at the end of the round :P.

I think its all resources giving both the value and score..giving it to himself every now and then to see how far it goes
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 04:17   #141
Fist
in your ass

Fist is an unknown quantity at this point
*Fist throws some credit Gerbies way

Round 2 - 4:18 [C4E] #9
Round 3 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 4 - semi-idle somewhere in p19 [TGS] + [p19a]/[R0CK]
Round 5 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 6 - 15:12 [Iliad] then no allie
Round 7 - 12:16 [Blackice]for a few weeks + [VtS] #46
Round 8 - 15:5 [Adelante] + [DTA] + [ETY]
Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 05:08   #142
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Quote:
From: Spinner (1:1:2) Subject: How did you manage that score?? Sent: Mon Sep 22 08:52:00 2003
Care to tell me how you managed to get that score with that little value and 3 roids?
LOL :-)

This is the winnah of "whinning pa mails" contest. Such comedy.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 08:43   #143
reznor
DropDead

reznor is an unknown quantity at this point
winnah!....

a one big joky...joky...joky PaX !
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 09:10   #144
Yam
root vegetable.

Yam is an unknown quantity at this point
Gerbie..i fear thee.

\m/
Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 22:33   #145
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
haha I'm so glad I don't play anymore, nicely done gerbie.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote