User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 11 Jan 2010, 07:33   #1
mrplums

mrplums is an unknown quantity at this point
Keeping War Alive

I'd like to suggest a %age increase in roid capture / %age increase in salvage for the alliance that is above you in the alliance rankings.

So if you're in the alliance placed number 2, you take 50% more roids from the alliance in first place. And so forth down the pecking order.

--

Justification can be some blurb like your alliance has a bloodlust for your rival and competitor in the universe, etc.

I'm not giving any maths as I don't play enough to be a pro at balancing, but just enough to give an incentive for the top alliances to target eachother and make the scores closer is good.

Last edited by mrplums; 11 Jan 2010 at 07:47.
mrplums is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2010, 10:24   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Keeping War Alive

Like you admit - the maths is a little off, but the underlying concept is interesting enough. It would certainly provide extra incentive to hit up the rankings as opposed to down. I like this idea.

Good job, mrplums!
Unread 11 Jan 2010, 14:18   #3
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

who should the #1 alliance hit then? (not that i am opposed) but they should have some incentive to kill the #2 alliance instead of the #3, #4 etc.
Also, to refine your idea, I think the percentage bonus should be based on the ACTUAL, not COUNTED, valuegap between both alliances. That would mean that if you are neigh equal, there hardly is a bonus, if the #1 alliance is getting ahead, you get more and more bonus.
Otherwise it seems silly.
Unread 11 Jan 2010, 14:58   #4
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, so you mean it'd also have to work inversely whereby there's less incentive to hit alliances the further down the rankings from you there were?

Would this replace the current roid cap system in that case?