User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 15:47   #51
Firebird

Re: Lokken: is he shit?

Quote:
I remember clearly you guys crumbled on the pressure untill Asc joined your side ( Dont care for what reason we did that )
Off track i know but seriously Pt crumbled /??? i really think u have been miss informed.

Unread 10 Apr 2010, 16:34   #52
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

No shame in losing roids when fighting such overwhelming odds, but you guys were losing that battle. The fields got evened when Asc joined in and got the brunt of the incoming, giving you the time to roid others while building up your value. I think its unfair to use that round to show how well you guys did, while it was the block who decided the alliance win that round, not App, not Asc.

Did we not get allied Asc would have been next in line to get shat on, now we combined our forces, teamed up with Vision and managed to fight the block properly. Nothing Apprime only about that.

One of the other Apprime wins, round 32, was a huge joined effort of ROCK and Apprime. I remember since I was ROCK HHC that round, sending fleets in the direction of targets Apprime needed to take down.

That being said, its still amazing to see how well you guys play the game, but its never a 1 alliance effort like Asc sometimes had to pull off during rounds where the opposition was actually decent enough. So out of the 3 wins you guys snatched, only the last round was just an Apprime walk over victory. And a lot of people agreed it was a shitty round anyways

HEROES
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 16:40   #53
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt- View Post
So out of the 3 wins you guys snatched, only the last round was just an Apprime walk over victory. And a lot of people agreed it was a shitty round anyways
Heh, total walkovers are usually pretty shit, sometime even boring for the winners, if they dominate too much. One comes with the other, it´s not like any shit round saw a walk over victory.
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 16:45   #54
izverg
Banned

izverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt- View Post
No shame in losing roids when fighting such overwhelming odds, but you guys were losing that battle. The fields got evened when Asc joined in and got the brunt of the incoming, giving you the time to roid others while building up your value. I think its unfair to use that round to show how well you guys did, while it was the block who decided the alliance win that round, not App, not Asc.

Did we not get allied Asc would have been next in line to get shat on, now we combined our forces, teamed up with Vision and managed to fight the block properly. Nothing Apprime only about that.

One of the other Apprime wins, round 32, was a huge joined effort of ROCK and Apprime. I remember since I was ROCK HHC that round, sending fleets in the direction of targets Apprime needed to take down.

That being said, its still amazing to see how well you guys play the game, but its never a 1 alliance effort like Asc sometimes had to pull off during rounds where the opposition was actually decent enough. So out of the 3 wins you guys snatched, only the last round was just an Apprime walk over victory. And a lot of people agreed it was a shitty round anyways
can you tell me how many alliances were fighting apprime round 32? was it 6 or 7 with ascendancy on board, iam lost there.
to Mz : <Golan> like I already said, I think round is decided
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 16:59   #55
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

ROCK decided who won round 32!
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 17:34   #56
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by izverg View Post
can you tell me how many alliances were fighting apprime round 32? was it 6 or 7 with ascendancy on board, iam lost there.
Why would something I say be elavated to the official asc opinion? I'm pretty sure I have a right to be a bitter cynic. And where in that quote does it say we won't fight anyway?
I can also see talking to cardi is hurting my grammar tremendously.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 17:43   #57
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Off track i know but seriously Pt crumbled /??? i really think u have been miss informed.
Crumbled might be the wrong word to use, but the fact is asc repaid cardi for the xvx nap in r31 by joining the apprime side. After we left, the block never really got as organised, and even at the best of times there were always an ally or two that was off farming noobs instead of hitting apprime due to emofits of various HC's. That whole channel was pretty hilarious though, everyone was insulting eachother behind eachothers backs, even sometimes a hc of the same alliance heh.

I do agree that apprime have been the best alliance the rounds they have won though, r32 aswell even if ascendancy ended with a higher average thanks to those huge terran de planets. As for comparing the wins to r30 or r28, meh. I don't see a need to, maybe if would be better to ask someone that hc'ed CT or ND in all those rounds, which alliance they felt was the hardest to fight against.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 17:47   #58
Pt-

Quote:
Tbh, I couldnt care less how many alliances fought Apprime and Asc. The fact remains you got them on your back @ the start of the round and you couldnt handle it alone. Claiming that round as an amazing round win is utter BS.

However, if you are refering to the lack of a decent sentence, read it as you like so you can continue to stick your head in to the sand thinking about epically awesome you are. If you are serious in your question, Im unable to understand it, but you can still stick your head in the sand and .....

Hanzi: \o/ ROCK might as well been spelled Awesomeness2k.

Rul3r, I know, didnt ment to make people believe boring rouds are always walk overs. I mean, this round is freaking boring as well, Im happy DLR finally decided to wake us up, maybe we can make something of this round now.

HEROES
Unread 11 Apr 2010, 03:27   #59
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One of these days izverg is going to actually make an honest and worthwhile post on these forums and I'm going to die of shock.
Unread 11 Apr 2010, 04:25   #60
Pt-

You shouldnt, according to multiple posts, we would be doomed...

HEROES
Unread 11 Apr 2010, 08:57   #61
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Rule #1: Dont be shit!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
Unread 12 Apr 2010, 09:24   #62
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

this thread is a karmic engine which has had a direct influence on the fa cup semi final.
Unread 12 Apr 2010, 10:13   #63
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Round 34 was in some terms rather easy.
When the big bad block started hitting Apprime, Ascendancy did not succesfully negotiate in any way with any of the members of the big bad block. Because of this inability, they (or those who actually did things) saw no other option then to help out Apprime in the best of ways possible, since Ascendancy knew they would be next. Therefore Ascendancy fully allied Apprime.

Apprime on the other hand was holding out pretty well versus DLR/Euph, while they reached a criticical turning point when ND and subh also started launching, handing out roids left, right and centre. They would not have survived without Ascendancy stepping in to help at that point.

Critical for that round was that Apprime had one mayor advantage over Ascendancy: Race set up. Ascendancy had mostly fi/co roiding fleets and was unable to use those when under attack, while Apprime could always counter with their ETD based (and accompanied by some ziks) BS attack fleets.

The stagnation in political terms meant that Ascendancy or Apprime would win, based on the number of incomings received. Ascendancy got the bulk of the incomings for a long while in the end game, while Apprime was recouperating. When Ascendancy did not have incs, too little was done to actually regain roids, while Apprime obviously did this.

A fact worth mentioning is that the targetting choices of the big bad block were, especially approaching and during the end game, often nothing short of retarded.

Based on all this, I cannot say that Apprime or Ascendancy was 'the best' alliance that round, but what I can say is that the Apprime and Ascendancy alliance (meant in a different way than 'the alliance Ascendancy') was the best of alliances (cooperations if you will) of the last rounds.
Unread 12 Apr 2010, 10:24   #64
izverg
Banned

izverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of light

ur post makes no sence at all
Unread 12 Apr 2010, 11:21   #65
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
ur post makes no sence at all
Not really. You may disagree with the way Theam portrayed events, but it's a entirely coherent post.

Not sure what the mayor was doing there, though.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 12 Apr 2010, 18:10   #66
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

No, he is just awesome.

(I even logged in for that)
Unread 12 Apr 2010, 20:28   #67
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I've known Lok since r4 or something, and he's a top notch guy.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 01:05   #68
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

haha lok testimonial thread, awesome

2:4 fo lyfe. respect. brap.
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 02:41   #69
DigitalZero
Round 1er

DigitalZero will become famous soon enoughDigitalZero will become famous soon enough

My only words, Blue Tuba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lokken is a great person who has made an impact in the PA world. We shared fun back in pre PAX together, grew apart, but if you want to say he is shit, thats a pretty far fetched observation, as I don't think anyone playing this game should be considered "shit", especially one who has put in their 10 years worth

Round 1 - 6: NewDawn
- 3,4,5 - ND HC
Round 7: NeMeSiS
Round 8,9: ND..then retired
Round 12: return to PA. NewDawn
Round 13 - Present: NewDawn, 35+ HC.

PA-Radio!!!
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 03:18   #70
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

We were in a bit different circles when Lokken played actively, so I guess I missed why he was special, but to me he just seems a pretty average guy. Nothing against him, no reason to put him on a pedestal.

Oh, except anyone who edits their own pawiki page is st00pid. Seriously. Care more you carebear carer will you?

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 13 Apr 2010 at 06:44. Reason: oh hello
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 18:37   #71
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator View Post
No, he is just awesome.
^^
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 19 Apr 2010, 05:06   #72
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
A fact worth mentioning is that the targetting choices of the big bad block were, especially approaching and during the end game, often nothing short of retarded.
The big bad block was far from organised that round, the most retarded came when some of them preferred hitting Vision instead of app

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
Unread 28 Apr 2010, 10:40   #73
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Due to popular demand!
I concurr :-)
Unread 30 Apr 2010, 05:55   #74
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

My PM box is nearly full of insulting (to put it mildly) messages going back and forth between me and lokken, going back years.

Never disliked him ingame, but clearly we never got along on the forums...
Unread 1 May 2010, 15:03   #75
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
haha lok testimonial thread, awesome

2:4 fo lyfe. respect. brap.
word.
Unread 4 May 2010, 14:56   #76
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis View Post
My PM box is nearly full of insulting (to put it mildly) messages going back and forth between me and lokken, going back years.

Never disliked him ingame, but clearly we never got along on the forums...
Then imagine how my mailbox looked like when I was actively posting on AD

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 14 May 2010, 06:38   #77
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Enough flaming of the lokken.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Closed Thread