User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Oct 2005, 23:42   #1
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute
Hairstyles

What sort of hair cuts do you lot normally go for?

I'm considering a style change at the moment and would like to hear from people.

My hair history is as follows:

Ages 3 - 6 My grandad used to take me to this really crappy barbers shop owned by some Irish dude who literally used to put a bowl on your head and cut around it. I was too little to compain.

Ages 6 - 10 I used to go for the "crew cut" at the local Italian barber's shop. It was nice and convenient and meant no faffing around before school.

Ages 10 - 15 I was the envy of the class with my centre parting and curtains. I got bored of this eventually.

Ages 15 - 20 was the typical military style short back and side with a forward flick. The later years saw point cuts being added for a spikier/messier look.

20 - Present day. A couple of years ago I went a bit more up market by going to "Stylist's" rather than "Barber's". Toni & Guy Hammersmith being my place of preference. For a couple of years I had the messy look which started out like Anthony from Big Brother, but soon turned into Clark Kent from Smallville as it got longer.

Now, my hair is pretty long (A bit shorter than Sawyer out of Lost). This is becoming too inpractical, plus, when I wake up it is everywhere and requires a lot of maintainance. Further, my hairline goes back a bit further than it used to (I swear its the use of wearing caps and taking body building supplements), so I can't pull off the original Anthony look as well.

I think I might have to go for a Bruce Willis in Die Hard look if the hair falling out gets any worse..
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 23:44   #2
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Hairstyles

I remember a topic like this posted a long time ago.

I think it was by Dace or someone else.

But yeah, I have mine short.... one level.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 23:52   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

still got the curtains centre parting look if i leave it too long...

can never be bothered doing anything 'special' with my hair.

number 3 blended in is usually what i ask for...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:06   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

My hair is kind of like this at the moment, although I tend to put it more in a 'pyramid' form lately

http://img436.imageshack.us/img436/4166/hair21dv.jpg
http://img436.imageshack.us/img436/2629/hair7xz.jpg

tomorrow I'll get it all bald though just for a change
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 00:12   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Blade 3 back and sides short cut on top. Usually I only get it cut about every 2 or so months, at the minute it's actually been four so my hair is pretty long. The bruce willis look is cool, mainly because bruce willis is cool. I'm going to randomly advise shaving your head except for the bits just above your ears and then growing one of those beards without the goatee bit (or an abe lincoln if you prefer). Without a photo it's sort of difficult to judge what hairstyle would look good on you plus I'm not gay so maybe we better hear from koen or silversmoke on this one. Or any women if we actually have them!

Haha I didn't actually see silversmoke had posted before I wrote mine. How amusing. Buddha, I applaud thee.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 01:35   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
My hair is kind of like this at the moment, although I tend to put it more in a 'pyramid' form lately

tomorrow I'll get it all bald though just for a change :)

:rolleyes:
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 03:11   #7
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Hairstyles

Unfortunately my rule over my scalp has slipped into despotism. All executive decisions traditionally had to be taken democratically, which was complicated needlessly by the rampant factionalism that pollutes the present climate. My counter to this motion was to send in teams of clippers, most of which never returned; but this can at best be considered a temporary measure and does not reflect well on my government when interacting with others. Maybe if, like SilverSmoke, I kept photographic evidence of repeat offenders I could deduce the source of the problem and combat it at grass-roots level. The only other solution I can perceive would be to place more investment into my society, but I can't afford to sponsor more government-led initiatives at present.

Any suggestions on this matter would be warmly received.
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 03:44   #8
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke

tomorrow I'll get it all bald though just for a change
fixed
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 08:56   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My hair is the same as it was in those pics Ste took of me when we all met up in Croydon (I can't find the link).

I'm getting it cut soon though.

Short with a sweeped fringe to the side looks quite cool. The hairdresser needs to know what you want - tell them (if you want it) to cut it so that the hair is slightly longer on one side, and gradually gets shorter.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 09:07   #10
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X

POTW
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 10:38   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i have no idea what to do with mine:
- if i let it grow longer it becomes all curly and there isnt much i can do with it.
- if i have it cut short i look like a 12-year-old who just joined the Hitler-Jugend.
- if i put styling gel in it it just looks crap.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 11:09   #12
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
My hair is the same as it was in those pics Ste took of me when we all met up in Croydon (I can't find the link).

I'm getting it cut soon though.

Short with a sweeped fringe to the side looks quite cool. The hairdresser needs to know what you want - tell them (if you want it) to cut it so that the hair is slightly longer on one side, and gradually gets shorter.
Yep thats pretty much what I've had for the last couple of years. It's a good style but my hair is getting thinner at the sides! aargh.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 11:30   #13
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

curly and shoulderlenght but i dont suppose female haircuts are your thing:P
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 11:44   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

pic plz
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 12:02   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Hairstyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
What sort of hair cuts do you lot normally go for?
I don't.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 14:57   #16
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
Yep thats pretty much what I've had for the last couple of years. It's a good style but my hair is getting thinner at the sides! aargh.
How old are you?

I was worrying my hairline was receding about a year or so ago. It's not, it's just it goes back a bit when you seem to go past 20. All my friends have had it too. Luckily my family have a history of keeping their hair until they are very old (my 85 year old Grandad still has all his hair \o/ ) so it's not a worry I'm anticipating (touchwood).

Try going to the stylists and asking what they think? They often like being a little creative - it beats giving everyone a short back and sides that comes in. They'll also have loads of pictures and magazines with options in.
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 20:55   #17
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I pay quite a bit for my hair cuts and gel.
It still looks shit. I ask for it short, they decide too short won't suit me so do what they like.

If I pay less it looks even worse
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 21:11   #18
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

this afternoon i got my hair cut

when my housemate came home he asked me : oh did you cut your hair on your own today ?

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2005, 18:00   #19
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I pay quite a bit for my hair cuts and gel.
It still looks shit. I ask for it short, they decide too short won't suit me so do what they like.

If I pay less it looks even worse
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Oct 2005, 19:14   #20
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
anyone who suits a shaved head is a lucky bastard. i don't.
i use huge amounts of clay/wax/gel and my hair still always looks shit.
i seriously envy anyone who suits a shaved head, you're all bastards