User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:22   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
[Discuss]Football and morality.

After I started a conversation about the things thorwn continously onto the pitch at the Everton Man U game yesterday, I was quite startled by several things said by certain people (who I won't name). I would also stress, its things said

Mainly...

1) The Manchester United players deserved it because all Mancs are assholes.
2) They deserve to run the risk of being hurt by things from the crowd, as they are overpaid.
3) Some of em are rapists.

Log
<Forest_afk> So, whilst keanu reeves is in the midlle of filming the matrix, would u say it is ok for 20 ppl to throw stuff at him, because he earns loads of money, so should run that risk?
<xxxxx> depends, is he in general the kind of arsehole that goes around rapeing women... like a proportion of professional footballers do

4) They do adverts which makes people hate them cause they are arrogant.

My personal views..

1) Huh? That is stereotypical, and unfair. You may as well say that all indians deserve to have things thrown at them. (yes, it IS a race statement, verbally abusing someone from weher they come from, whether a country or a city).
2) Movie stars etc, earn load, but they shouldn't have to ahve things thrown at them, as in my statement in the log.
3) You will prob find a higher percentage of rapists, at ur average factory, then percentage of footballers. Of all the hundreds of footballers, across the world, very few would be rapists. It is indeed an absurb suggestion that you can tell who a rapist is, because of his job.
4) Loads of people do adverts, but they don't get abused in thier job.

I would like to state that hooligism has dropped substantially, and I have attented all bar 3 games of a top football team for 16 years or so, so I am talking from experience.
I will always maintain though, that a footballer has a right to do his job safe from physical harm. Am I so out of touch with things?

Discuss...
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:25   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Discuss]Football and morality.

Whoever you were talking to is a dick head.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:27   #3
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Oh god fs.. right first off ill say as i said before in the channel when you wqere dicussing this with the others. hooligism has not DROPPED from the old days. before it used to be about honour and respect.. now its pure hatred and vilence. For instance look how many countries keep threatening to kick us out of the world cup and euro compeitions cuz our fans go over there get pissed and ruin it for god sake. You call that dropping? Come on forest.

Plus in the old days Liverpool and manchester united both won the euopean cups.. and instead of saying 'Oh its united and liverpool there scum' they instead said back then 'come on united and liverpool, COME ON ENGLAND' Then they had honour about an english team actually winning the cup... now fans are just bitter as they just hate the fact its not there team respenting England... thats how times have changed.

Now Forrest your also using this quote i said out of proportion. im reffering to this comment:

4) They do adverts which makes people hate them cause they are arrogant

Now forest what i say is true. For instance beckham does those stupuid adverts where he is a gladiator and claiming to be 'unbeatable' and then he plays shit when hes actually playing. Whats the point in doing adverts like that? Why not just keep quiet, train hard and show people what you are in the game like the old players. You didnt see Pele doing that for god sake.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:28   #4
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Whoever you were talking to is a dick head.

What concerns me is it was actually 4 ppl, who were being serious in thier statements.
And please keep it objective. I am not here for a slanging match.
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:30   #5
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Oh god fs.. right first off ill say as i said before in the channel when you wqere dicussing this with the others. hooligism has not DROPPED from the old days. before it used to be about honour and respect.. now its pure hatred and vilence. For instance look how many countries keep threatening to kick us out of the world cup and euro compeitions cuz our fans go over there get pissed and ruin it for god sake. You call that dropping? Come on forest.

Plus in the old days Liverpool and manchester united both won the euopean cups.. and instead of saying 'Oh its united and liverpool there scum' they instead said back then 'come on united and liverpool, COME ON ENGLAND' Then they had honour about an english team actually winning the cup... now fans are just bitter as they just hate the fact its not there team respenting England... thats how times have changed.

Compared to the old days its a lot better, due to increased intelliegnece (such as cctv etc).
And my argument is that NO hooligism is ok, so I dont see how you are arguing against me
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:32   #6
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Compared to the old days its a lot better, due to increased intelliegnece (such as cctv etc).
And my argument is that NO hooligism is ok, so I dont see how you are arguing against me

Im arguing for the last comment you made about it improving.. as thats false. Its got worse.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:34   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

How much does a coin hurt when it hits you? Seriously, has anyone experienced it? Carroll went down like he had been shot. If it had been a mobile phone then fair enough, i would imagine that would be quite painful, but unless it was a 50p stuck in the side of his head i cant see it being too bad. I was hit by a golf ball once and didnt go down like he did. I'm not saying it should be allowed, personally i would ban anyone for life that throws objects at players, but i think Carroll over reacted a bit.

As an aside, didnt you used to have the tag of a Pompey hooligan group on the end of your name Forest?
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:35   #8
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

There is a case to be made that hooligism hasn't got any better in this country. I would like to point out that Euro 2004 passed with out real incindent with regard to English fans (their passports were taken away from them). Also, this is not a problem for the English alone. The Turks are just as bad - remember when they killed a Leeds fan in Turkey? Apart from the obvious candidates (Milwall supporters - I know they are the pits, I support Crystal Palace), I dont think hoolinism is too bad in this country. Or at the very least, I have never seen it at Selhurst Park
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:36   #9
Forest

Quote:
Im arguing for the last comment you made about it improving.. as thats false. Its got worse.
Totally incorrect.
England fans now actually get PRAISED for their behaviour more often than not, and its countries such as Spain who get threats of being thrown out of competitions.
Behaviour of England fans inproved dramtically when fans had to be a memebr of the England club to get tickets.
Sure, you get a few guys go across into europe just to start a fight, but thats not nearly as bad as it used to be, due to people having to hand in thier passports when they go abroad.

Again, don't just say 'hooligism is getting worse' without anything to back it up, cause frankly, I will own yo, as will most of the guys on here who actually know about football.
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:38   #10
Assassin
PA Ancient

probably not, bnut general attitudes of fans are not better then they were in the past. I agree that u shudnt ofc throw things at players.. the worst ive saw was when i was watching manchester United play Arsenal and they were throwing loads of stuff at the united players. Even a fone at rooney. But i dissagree with the 'its improved' line. What i cant understand is how forest can post a post about its not write for players to be abused like this and then claim hooligism has decreesed... isnt that a bit contradicitve?

p3nguin Founder
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:38   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I will own yo.
lolly roffle
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:40   #12
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
How much does a coin hurt when it hits you? Seriously, has anyone experienced it? Carroll went down like he had been shot. If it had been a mobile phone then fair enough, i would imagine that would be quite painful, but unless it was a 50p stuck in the side of his head i cant see it being too bad. I was hit by a golf ball once and didnt go down like he did. I'm not saying it should be allowed, personally i would ban anyone for life that throws objects at players, but i think Carroll over reacted a bit.

As an aside, didnt you used to have the tag of a Pompey hooligan group on the end of your name Forest?

I must say, (just to weaken my argument somewhat, but it was a first so iw ill tell you), at the pompey v blackburn game i was hit by a coin, or something. It split my head open, i cant remember the match, and I now have a big hole there. So yes, it does hurt a LOT.
I didnt fall over, but I was in shock, and kinda just walked round a bit

And yes id id, but, i ahve nothing to do with football, it was because i didnt want to us emy board nick as my ingame name, and as uw ill notice, it has been removed. It was silly of me.
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:42   #13
Assassin
PA Ancient

Oh and forest i wud like to challenge you over this comment:

'Again, don't just say 'hooligism is getting worse' without anything to back it up, cause frankly, I will own yo, as will most of the guys on here who actually know about football.'

Now a few weeks ago you were in the channel #icy on NG and you were speaking about how you had never saw any major violence in football... till today. You were hit by an object thrown from another crowd member.. is this correct? Now.. you still beleive after you even admitted urself you hadnt saw any major violence till when you were actually struck a few weeks ago.. that the violence has actually improved?

p3nguin Founder
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:42   #14
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Now forest what i say is true. For instance beckham does those stupuid adverts where he is a gladiator and claiming to be 'unbeatable' and then he plays shit when hes actually playing. Whats the point in doing adverts like that? Why not just keep quiet, train hard and show people what you are in the game like the old players. You didnt see Pele doing that for god sake.
They do those adverts because of sponsorship deals, as i'm sure you're aware of. Having well known faces is more likely to sell your product than a nobody. Quite frankly, why do you care what they do in the adverts? If you were in his shoes and had the opportunity to do the same i'm sure you'd be doing it too.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:42   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Id like to confirm that the statement about wanting to beat the living shit out of most people who do adverts rings very true. The number of times ive wanted to find Linda Barker and smack her in the face with a spade for those Curry's adverts goes into 4 figures.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:42   #16
Peace
angel

Peace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You didnt see Pele doing that for god sake.
didn't he do an ad about erectile dysfunction/viagra? much more classy hey
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:42   #17
Forest

Quote:
What i cant understand is how forest can post a post about its not write for players to be abused like this and then claim hooligism has decreesed... isnt that a bit contradicitve?

Racism in this country has decreased, but its still wrong. Just cause something is less than it used to be, doesnt make it ok.
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:43   #18
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

At this point I'd like to point out that "hooligism" isn't a word; It's "hooliganism"

Quote:

This is stupid. Just because a player has appeared in advertising campaigns does not give people the right to attempt to injure him by throwing things at him. Oh, and it wasn't just Beckham that appeared in those Pepsi adverts. I assume you think that Roberto Carlos, Ronaldihno and Raul also "play shit" and deserve to have things thrown at them as well?
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:44   #19
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
They do those adverts because of sponsorship deals, as i'm sure you're aware of. Having well known faces is more likely to sell your product than a nobody. Quite frankly, why do you care what they do in the adverts? If you were in his shoes and had the opportunity to do the same i'm sure you'd be doing it too.

No i wudnt.. hes a world class footballer. Why do you need to act like a model for? And the response about pele.. that was after he retired

p3nguin Founder
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:45   #20
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
At this point I'd like to point out that "hooligism" isn't a word; It's "hooliganism"

This is stupid. Just because a player has appeared in advertising campaigns does not give people the right to attempt to injure him by throwing things at him. Oh, and it wasn't just Beckham that appeared in those Pepsi adverts. I assume you think that Roberto Carlos, Ronaldihno and Raul also "play shit" and deserve to have things thrown at them as well?
I Sujest you read this thread all the way through as i didnt once state i agreed to them getting injured. read ALL of my posts before trying to claim things.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:45   #21
Forest

Quote:
Now a few weeks ago you were in the channel #icy on NG and you were speaking about how you had never saw any major violence in football... till today. You were hit by an object thrown from another crowd member.. is this correct? Now.. you still beleive after you even admitted urself you hadnt saw any major violence till when you were actually struck a few weeks ago.. that the violence has actually improved?
I said in 16 years i had only personally seen major violence twice. Once being the coin hitting me, and once when we played brighton and i ended up somwehere i shouldnt of.
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:48   #22
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No i wudnt.. hes a world class footballer. Why do you need to act like a model for? And the response about pele.. that was after he retired
That's easy to say when you're not a professional footballer. I'm sure if you were a well known professional footballer with a similar mindset then you'd be doing adverts too.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:49   #23
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Id like to confirm that the statement about wanting to beat the living shit out of most people who do adverts rings very true. The number of times ive wanted to find Linda Barker and smack her in the face with a spade for those Curry's adverts goes into 4 figures.
Maybe, but you wouldnt go and do tht.

Btw kura, please apoligise to millie for me kick/banning her, but she was making some quite absurd comments and it annoyed me
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 13:57   #24
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hooliganism is nothing compared to what it used to be like. Even Millwall fans have calmed down a bit.
Policing methods have improved, identification of trouble makers has improved, cooperation by the clubs has improved.
There is barely any trouble at a vast majority of football matches nowadays. Yes, we don't hear about some of it but how often do you see pitch invasions? crowd fighting? injuries after the game between fans?
It is exactly the same in other countries.

Anyway, regarding the topic - it is not right throwing things at players under any circumstances. It is hardly unheard of, and it happens in other countries as well.
The difference is that the fans are so far back from the pitch in other countries that they can't actually reach it. Watch Italian football to see how many flares get thrown down to the front.

I'd say a reason (notice I say a reason not the reason) more things are getting thrown at players is a result of excessive goal celebrations, players seem to goad (sp?) the crowd more than they used to.
Also players move from club to club simply for financial gain. How many players stick with a club there whole career any more? A transfer was relatively rare in previous times.
While us fans stick by our club through thick and thin, the players sometimes seem that they couldn't care less and simply move when times get bad.

But anyway, fans should stick to giving the players stick from the terraces instead of throwing things at them. Noone deserves to be injured no matter what.

A coin in the head can hurt a hell of a lot, it's small and pointy.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 14:04   #25
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i'm amazed how civilised english footballfans usually are and how close they can sit to the field.
here we need 100's of policemen, and several fences and canals to keep the peace.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 14:40   #26
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
How much does a coin hurt when it hits you? Seriously, has anyone experienced it?
Yes, and assuming it hits you side-on, it hurts an awful lot.
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 15:15   #27
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Damn you JC, I was going to mention 657.

Also, just to point out, I think I'm correct in saying that the Real Madrid players have to appear in adverts like the Pepsi one as it's part of their contract with the club. Unlike other clubs the likes of Pepsi sign the deal with the club, not the players. This is why there were problems with Beckham and Vodafone when he signed. I realise this is proof that Beckham was doing adverts for personal gain before he had to.

I don't think it needs stating that of course it's wrong for things to be thrown (unless it's at Christiano Ronaldo) but players do overreact.

Oh, and Forest, please spend less time around Rumad
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 15:50   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Oh god fs.. right first off ill say as i said before in the channel when you wqere dicussing this with the others. hooligism has not DROPPED from the old days. before it used to be about honour and respect.. now its pure hatred and vilence.
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/docs3/f..._stats2004.pdf

Whilst it's a Home Office publication, table three would indicate arrest levels for domestic football related violence have remained largely static in the past ten years whilst attendance has increased by a third over the same time period.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was little honour and respect involved during the 1980's Millwall violence. In fact, throughout the 70's and with the proliferation of televised matches, hooliganism was rife all across Europe (the Italians blamed the English for 'influencing' their youth through news footage of English match violence). With a few notable exceptions the late 90s and beyond have been relatively free of large-scale domestic hooliganism along the lines of pitch invasions and all-out riots.
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 17:02   #29
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Maybe, but you wouldnt go and do tht.

Btw kura, please apoligise to millie for me kick/banning her, but she was making some quite absurd comments and it annoyed me
No , ill just get claire to tell her where you live and she can come visit with her 6 brothers
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 17:17   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People who make money because they're better at something than I am deserve to die and that's objective fact guys.
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 18:12   #31
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I believe the vast majority of Arsenal fans at Highbury are well behaved. Even when Spurs fans pay a visit to see their team get beaten.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 18:51   #32
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

What is funny about football, if you can't have the violence?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 19:25   #33
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The only reason this situation even arises is because YOU and everyone spends money to see these games, see these films and bla bla.

Also, most of the rape stories are merely fabricated by whores who want attention and money.
(Most noteable: Rebecca Loos, chief whore of the attentionseekers guild.)
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 20:01   #34
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
No , ill just get claire to tell her where you live and she can come visit with her 6 brothers
Best start saving up for new lightbulbs, Forest
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 20:15   #35
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Yes remove those light bulbs and freak Forest out again!

Nothing like coming home from the pub, half cut to find some git has been in your flat and stolen all the light bulbs from it to freak you out
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 20:23   #36
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

ITT forest argues with his friends and most of GD looks on.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 20:28   #37
Forest

I would hardly call most of the ppl replying here 'friends'. I dont know most of em.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 01:18   #38
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I must say, i was hit by a coin, or something. It split my head open

you shouldn't sit on the street begging for "spare change" if you're not willing to risk the consequences then
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 01:21   #39
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought most of the football fighting of today was casuals, and not the big riots. If people want to beat eachother up, what's so wrong with it? I understand when they throw shit on the pitch, or beat up innocents, but when casuals fight eachother, it's not really, uhm, wrong?
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 01:45   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They're not exactly doing it in private or unobstructing other people snurx.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 15:54   #41
Toy Soldier
Ste's bored housemate

Toy Soldier is infamous around these parts

I got hit by a coin standing in the away stand at Forest. It did hurt a lot more than I thought it would. A boy in front of me who was about ten got hit too and was hurt really badly. The stewards didn't do a thing to stop it. One of our fans, disgusted by all this, started shouting abuse at the stewards and the F****t fans and got carted off. Figure that one out.
And we lost 3-1.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 16:02   #42
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier
I got hit by a coin standing in the away stand at Forest. It did hurt a lot more than I thought it would. A boy in front of me who was about ten got hit too and was hurt really badly. The stewards didn't do a thing to stop it. One of our fans, disgusted by all this, started shouting abuse at the stewards and the F****t fans and got carted off. Figure that one out.
And we lost 3-1.
Quote:
Figure that one out.
Quote:
Forest stewards
Quote:
Forest
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 03:01   #43
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For the record, i've also seen misbehaviour in what was a nothing at stake league cup tie last season at Forest. Someone kept throwing plastic bottles on us from the tier above, fortunately no one got hurt, and eventually after a bit of legwork by the stewards (although why they couldn't sort it out first time i don't know) it was sorted out (well we didn't see any bottles anymore)

I'd hardly describe the City Ground as a scary place though; every club has its loons and they've just got to brushed off; don't give them the credit they deserve. The only really nasty atmosphere i've seen away from home is at Leicester when we drew 1-1 in the promotion season, as our clubs ****ing hate each other. I would happily sit in the City Ground again as it's a decent stadium with a bit of atmos; as for the Walkers - i have little desire to line their pockets.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 18:39   #44
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
They're not exactly doing it in private or unobstructing other people snurx.
So, thing like this should be kept in private? Why? Does not everybody have a equal right to have fun in public places, no matter what that fun is, as long as they don't hurt others? Of course, if they do that, it's something else.
And in what way are they unobstructing? Beacause of the police presence, or the tight security? All things they have no part in. Where they fight, they will obstuct, but I don't see where else they will. Lots of things that are allowed, even encouraged, in public places, takes up space and obstruct me. But, those people should also have free accsess to public places.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 18:51   #45
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
You didnt see Pele doing that for god sake.
No, just impotence ads. Interesting.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 19:03   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
So, thing like this should be kept in private? Why? Does not everybody have a equal right to have fun in public places, no matter what that fun is, as long as they don't hurt others? Of course, if they do that, it's something else.
And in what way are they unobstructing? Beacause of the police presence, or the tight security? All things they have no part in. Where they fight, they will obstuct, but I don't see where else they will. Lots of things that are allowed, even encouraged, in public places, takes up space and obstruct me. But, those people should also have free accsess to public places.
If you're having a seventy man brawl in a main street there's a fairly high chance of anyone attempting to pass by being injured whereas a seventy man peaceful demonstration or some other lawful assembly is slightly less likely to result in people being harassed and physically affected. Just like you can't randomly discharge a firearm in public because you feel like it (or to take the reasoning even further ad absurdum throw a nuclear bomb up in the air and refuse to accept responsibility for anything which occurs as a result) people shouldn't be allowed to fight in public. Not to mention the practical problem of being unable to tell the difference between two people having a lawful fight and one person kicking the shit out of someone because he feels like it.