User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Sep 2004, 13:16   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Buying LCD panels online

I've heard that some websites which charge you a premium to open your panel before shipping and check for it hasn't got any dead pixels.
I was wondering if anyone knows of a website offering this service (preferably in the UK)?

Ta muchly!
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 16:22   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Re: Buying LCD panels online

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/ have very good customer service, when I had trouble with a fan controller (buzzing issue with Vantec Nexus couple years back) they offered to test out any other fan controller for free to ensure I don't recieve one that had buzzing noise. Ace i reckon.

Only problem is that most of their products are quite pricey, but customer service is great, not sure what LCD panels you are after, they have some.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 16:47   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

In the Netherlands one can return a product bought online if it is not within expectations within two weeks (I believe) and receive a full refund.
If you have such a settlement in the UK you could return the monitor if it has any dead pixels.
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 17:43   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In the UK we have the Distance Selling Act which is basicly the same thing except 7 days not 14.
You can demand a refund for a product bought online (with exceptions, eg. food isn't covered obviously) within 7 days of ARRIVING (not 7 days from purchase), and the supplier must grant it by law so long as you return the products undamaged and in original condition.

So yeah it would be perfectly acceptable for me to buy an LCD, open it, find it has dead pixels, package it back up again and ask for a refund.

However, as with all things, there are disadvantages. The disadvantage with this system is that the DSA doesn't specify who pays shipping for the return of the product. So obviously the suppliers make the customer pay it. Shipping for a 17" panel isn't going to be cheap, so if possible I'd like to try and get it right first time.