User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Dec 2003, 18:18   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
C&C Generals question...

...is it bad that it just took me 45 minutes to knock the GLA off on "brutal" setting? I was playing as USA, just on a skirmish map.
That's the fastest I've ever managed it but it still seems slow. Am I going to get my ass ripped open if I play online like that?

And yes I'm bored damnit.
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 18:21   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: C&C Generals question...

That's quite a long time dude.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 19:57   #3
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

yes it is a long time, although it usually takes me about 20 minutes unless i forget to build those........big weapons......to destroy the scuds!
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 19:58   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Particle Uplink Cannons.

Athough Aurora Bombers are :coolio:
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 20:01   #5
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

yes, i usually win without building an army becuase i'm lazy. i just bomb them and lazzzzzer them
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 20:40   #6
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

well, if the map is small enough you can beat them up in less than 7 mins using USA.

build barracks and 2 chinooks, get flash bang upgrade, fill with rocket dudes and GIs and send to the enemy ASAP. land and fook them...

you need to practice it alot otherwise you get your ass handed to you cos the brutal comp multi tasks like a mofo. speed is the key.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 22:26   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

conclusion - i suck.
I'm too shit at the whole multitasking thing. I just try and get my strategy centre up as fast as possible so I can get UN supply drops and rake in the money. It's also slightly annoying that you need 2 hits with the particle uplink cannon to knock out a scud storm (ie. you need two of them or the timer'll run out).
In the end on the last run I got myself in a good defensive position, then built 4 uplink cannons and 3 airbases with the aurora thingies, then used the cannons to take out the defenses and the scud storm, hit the command centre with an A10 strike, fuel-bombed the troop concentration they had and aurora-ed pretty much everything else.

Slow but effective.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 01:39   #8
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

only against the computer though, if the comp had more strategy variation built into the game it would offer a much better opposition, as it stands 1v1 brutal comp sux0r

gets interesting with multi computer battles though, since you rely on not getting gang banged early on.

also, another comp exploit, place at least 6-7 rocket men behind some armour, the brutal thinks the rocket men are a bigger threat (no matter how much armour you got) and will try punch through your armour to kill the rocket men, meanwhile your armour vehicles pound the crap out of the enemy.

just make sure your rocket men don't die otherwise you're in a world of trouble.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 02:09   #9
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

So what're some good "real" tactics?
I'm more of the "sit back and defend until i've got a bit of an arsenal" school of play - is that going to get me shafted everywhere I go?
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 02:18   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

it wont get you shafted, but you need to be good at it.

edit : i used to porc like hell in ta and i still won 70% of my games.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 04:10   #11
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
So what're some good "real" tactics?
I'm more of the "sit back and defend until i've got a bit of an arsenal" school of play - is that going to get me shafted everywhere I go?
Not going to get you shafted if you play properly, but imho you are playing the worst team to use that stratergy, USA are more of an offencive team, try playing china and hide behind walls of bunkers and chain guns US and GLA have little static defence against men, play china hide buid overlords (at leat one with a healing tower) go forth and kill things, or just build nukes

Back to origanl post 45 mins is a long time to beat one enemy whtever setting, but the computer tends to play quite well as GLA building those annoying stinger sites everywhere (snipers work well against those)

also another thing to do, espec' if you insist on playing US is to use up as many res drops as possiable, most maps have a few try starting leaching from at least three straight away, the computer almost always uses one at a time so you will dominate on the fact you will own most of the res on the map. Only use the extra money things, UN drop, hackers etc later on they not as usefull as an extra chinook(*sp) or few trucks.

Also just try playing online, as already mentioned the cpu multitasks to **** on that setting making their start up very quick. most people cannot do it as well you may lose but so what!

gl and have fun.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 13:03   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhall
US and GLA have little static defence against men
Pathfinders do the job well.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 13:12   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Yeah, Colonel Burton and the Pathfinders, although they're only good against ground units (The pathfinders that is... Burton is like the originial c&c commando... with timed and remote mines to destroy buildings.)

Oh, and the scout drone in Zero Hour.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 13:39   #14
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Yeah, Colonel Burton and the Pathfinders, although they're only good against ground units (The pathfinders that is... Burton is like the originial c&c commando... with timed and remote mines to destroy buildings.)

Oh, and the scout drone in Zero Hour.
my #1 favourite tactic with Burton, placing remote explosives on china trucks and watching them head to base with an explosive, then BOOM!

also, pathfinders + APC + search&destroy = ultimate infantry killer