User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Dec 2003, 20:42   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Civilization 2 :(

I wanted some retro gaming fun so dug out the CD but i can't seem to get it to work on win xp pro. I get some memory stack errors or somesuch.

Does anyone know if civ 2 is abandonware yet and if it is where can i get it?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 20:48   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Re: Civilization 2 :(

what difference would it have if you DLed it from somewhere else?

it might jsut simply not work on NT based OSes
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 20:51   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckeh!!!!
what difference would it have if you DLed it from somewhere else?

it might jsut simply not work on NT based OSes
Is that the case?

I assumed it was because i had an old version and it either needs patching or a new version needs installing.

Does anyone here play civ 2 on XP?
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 20:53   #4
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

I think it works on XP.

I've got Civilisation 3 if you want it. If you're not on a shit connection that is.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 20:55   #5
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super
I think it works on XP.

I've got Civilisation 3 if you want it. If you're not on a shit connection that is.
Thanks but I have that. Legally as well

I just wanted some retro civ 2 fun.
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 20:56   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Civ 2 DOES work on XP. I found it on Kazaa, it may still be there.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:06   #7
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Civ 2 DOES work on XP. I found it on Kazaa, it may still be there.

it's not
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:09   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I've got civ2 gold and it runs perfect on my xp pro system
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:11   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

hey ragnarok, wherent you that guy with a shitload of snes/megadrive roms? maybe if you give me a working link i'll let you copy civ2 gold (95mb) over msn.
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:13   #10
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
hey ragnarok, wherent you that guy with a shitload of snes/megadrive roms? maybe if you give me a working link i'll let you copy civ2 gold (95mb) over msn.
I've been jumping nodes on kazaa and finally found a copy.

The roms were part of a torrent, i believe it's on suprnova now.
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:14   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

somehow those suprnova torents never work for me and if they work i have to download for like 160 hours
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:15   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

MSN it to me, I haven't got it any more.

I MUST RULE THE WORLD.

And after that, I want to play Civ 2.

Boom boom.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:24   #13
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
it's not
'Tis. I'll have it in 20 minutes.
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:34   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

so i guess you get the 25mb compressed version jakiri?
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:35   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I also want to steal this intellectual property. I accept DCCs.
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:40   #16
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
so i guess you get the 25mb compressed version jakiri?
I removed that 'cos i tried it and it doesnt work (fk knows why :/ ), so am thefting it from Kazaa.
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:41   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

k then all get it please from kazaa cuz i don't feel like losing my bandwith for hours for nothing
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:49   #18
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I've got civ2 gold and it runs perfect on my xp pro system
Whats the gold thingy? Is it possible to play it over LAN/inet with the gold edition?

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2003, 21:51   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have Civilization II legally, and it runs fine on XP Home.

The less legal copy of CivII Multiplayer edition runs equally well.