User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Oct 2004, 00:40   #1
shaniarll

Help burning video so i can play it DVD player!

Hello - yes yes im new and yes i dont know much about burning, dvds, snooker etc etc that is why i have joined this forum to quiz your intellectual minds!!

Basically i dowloaded a small video clip from kazaa and i would like to play it on my normal dvd player and my TV - i have Roxio - anyone know how to do this?? I have Verbatim disks.

Please help this stoopid soul!!!!

Lurrrve
Meeee

x
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 10:13   #2
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Help burning video so i can play it DVD player!

you need to convert that video-clip to mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 and the audio to ac3. you can use tmpgEnc (or something like that, i forgot the name, havent done it in ages) for that.
after that you need some dvd-authoring software to put the video in a dvd-format.

sorry, my windows crashed a few days ago and i lost all my bookmarks, so i cant provide any links. but i do remember there are lots of tutorials out there that could help you.
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 10:28   #3
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Nero can do it, use the wizard (Nero Express) and drag and drop your stuff. I havn't used it personally though.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 11:00   #4
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

only if he already has mpeg1 or mpeg2 files with ac3-audio.

PS if you are lucky your dvd-player can play svcd and or vcd so that you dont need the whole converting stuff. but thats not standard so the dvd wont play on every dvd-player
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 14:42   #5
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

there are enough DVD-players out there that will play DivX as well as any other video codec.

Anyways, like the others said, Nero will do it, except for the convering.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote