User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Mar 2004, 14:28   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Legal Question

Rightyho.

My car suspension has half collapsed and has taken with it the ABS support something or other. The suspension spring itself. The tyre (which i will come back to in a mo) and various other little bits and pieces on the nearside front wheel.

Now...
some months ago i took my car into VW in aber to ask them to check out a squeeky noise coming from the front left tyre and asked if it was anything to be concerned with. The silly little man told me that it was nothing to be concerned with and i should just bring it back if there was any problem with steering etc.

He didnt bother taking a look.
I went on my merry way

little did i realise that the little squeeky noise was infact the suspension spring slowly grinding away at the rubber of the tyre tearing the inner track to shreds.

Now 3 days ago i got in the car and it pulled to the left and felt 'odd' to drive. as in completely crap handling.
the ride quality had also turned to utter shit.

Upon closer inspectin the car looked like it had been lowered at the front left (but not the front right)

I took it in today to VW Stratford who insist they keep the car due to the potential danger of driving it anywhere. (i could die)

So the cost of the repairs is quite considerable. And the spring they need is on backorder so im having to wait around 5-10 days depending on whether they can source from another dealer.

HOWEVER
my question is this :

Is the little fatty in the VW aber responsible or in anyway negligent of his duty as a service technician to not have checked the car even tho i complained of a noise that didnt sound right?

Bear in mind that at this point the car was driving ok and the suspension hadnt half collapsed.

Opinions?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 14:44   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: Legal Question

Do you have a record that you spoke to 'fatty'?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 14:46   #3
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i would think he was in some way responsiable but i dont really know, i think talking to a real layer would help even if you have to pay for it as it couldsave you a hell of a ot of money.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 15:54   #4
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

i dont think he is, if you didnt pay him. If he gave you free advise, and you cant prove he gave you the advise there isnt nothing you could do. Even if you had proof, with out a change of money..its like me telling you your car is ok.

So want to get him back. Follow him home. Next get a brick, wrap it in tolet paper, dip it in gasoline. wat till around three am...pull a cover over your liscens plate onces you in his neighbor hood. light the brick, thow it in his car. Drive away slowly. Doesnt have a car? follow the following steps, but this time through it through his house window. (this time make sure you have a gun) fire it in the air (to wake him up so you dont kill him) then drive away slightly faster than before. Once your a safe distance way, pull the cover off the plates and hid home.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 16:07   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

as an 'expert' he might owe you some duty of care, he was probably negligent in not even bothering to look at it, which resulted in your suspension going 'boom'. If fatty is no expert car technician, don't even bother.

small analogy: if roadside assistance fit a tyre wrongly, causing you to crash, they are liable.

get some proper legal advice though
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 16:12   #6
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

i was just planning out revenge for all possible contengencies T&F

Unread 30 Mar 2004, 18:33   #7
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

with the exeption of setting fire to his car :-)

Unread 30 Mar 2004, 19:25   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Qdeathstar

FOR GREAT JUSTICE
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 20:42   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Qdeathstar

FOR GREAT JUSTICE
SCHTOP TAKING OFF EVERY ZIG! THIS ZIG IS NOT READY YET!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 01:46   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Warning! Warning! Multiple Catchphrase Collision Imminent! Warning!
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 07:16   #11
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim

HOWEVER
my question is this :

Is the little fatty in the VW aber responsible or in anyway negligent of his duty as a service technician to not have checked the car even tho i complained of a noise that didnt sound right?

Bear in mind that at this point the car was driving ok and the suspension hadnt half collapsed.

Opinions?
If your car has some sort of guarantee, then he is guilty.

Because he did not check your car when you said there might be something wrong here, he is also guilty.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 10:56   #12
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
If your car has some sort of guarantee, then he is guilty.

Because he did not check your car when you said there might be something wrong here, he is also guilty.
He needs to prove this though, fatty could turn around and say "err I have never met this guy ever in my life"

then what?
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 11:53   #13
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckeh!!!!
He needs to prove this though, fatty could turn around and say "err I have never met this guy ever in my life"

then what?
there could be 1. witnesses, 2. he doesnt even consider that