User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Feb 2016, 22:18   #1
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold
Tietaja - free market

Bonjour.

I orginally meant to respond to the last thread we were talking in but kept quitting when reading the neo lib article you posted - I'll provide the excuse if we need to go through it but since you've made a lot of pro libertarian comments since then I'd like to try and distill this into one thread...

My opener is a request for a broad outlook for the kind of legislation you would like to see that would solve what you deem to be the most pressing problems in the world.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2016, 21:51   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Tietaja - free market

first im not libertarian. im perhaps a moderate centrist with a lot of respect for the core values of certain civilizations that are reason, freedom, and the value of the individual as itself notsomuch as means to an end (that is a formulation of categorical imperative). i suppose you could rather call me a german idealist.

second i dont know what neo lib or neoliberal or whatever actually means so i cant comment on it. if it means things above then certainly i am one.

there is no amount of legislation that can solve the problem (im not so sure one exists, if such does i refer to silenus) that is keeping up with the joneses.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2020, 07:45   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Tietaja - free market

There is also no quantity of legislation that would solve the problem of keeping up with the joneses.

Here i admit to the frankl-gautama -school of things. The only development recently has been such that i disagree now that being nothing would be impossible.

I propose the following:

Rabbits and horses have horns
Oxen and rams have no horns
Nary a hair nary a wisp
Like mountains, like peaks
The golden relics still exist right now
With white foaming waves flooding the skies
Where can they be put
Theres no place to put them
Even the one who returned to the west with one shoe has lost them
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote